3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

20 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

I don't wanna spam the official topic for Witcher 3, but CDPR makes me wanna cuss on the way they're not putting out a concrete release date for the game's Next-gen version. I freed up months (About 4 hours per day) for that game in 2023. SO, it better be worth the wait and lack of release info.

It's a bit odd. There was a supposed recent leak from a person who works for GAME (a UK-based retailer) where the next-gen version was shown on their database. This is the list for upcoming titles and has the next-gen version down for December 9th.

Either way, I do hope we get a trailer or something this month.

2 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

It's a bit odd. There was a supposed recent leak from a person who works for GAME (a UK-based retailer) where the next-gen version was shown on their database. This is the list for upcoming titles and has the next-gen version down for December 9th.

Either way, I do hope we get a trailer or something this month.

I've seen that leak a while ago. At this point, if they stick to their word, it's any day in December basically. I've waited 2 years for this game and GTA V. The latter was an okay remaster. So, I'm not expecting much from this one, other than graphical upgrades and QOL fixes.

Also, any of you guys played Plague Tales Requiem? I wanted to pre-order it before, but I decided to spend my budget on GOW Ragnarok instead. The 1st game took me around 10 hours I think. I didn't replay it due to the lack of NG+. I was disappointed to find out that 40fps would be the maximum for that game. Dunno how [email protected] performs, I'd appreciate it if someone describes the feeling to me compared to [email protected]

2 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

Also, any of you guys played Plague Tales Requiem? I wanted to pre-order it before, but I decided to spend my budget on GOW Ragnarok instead. The 1st game took me around 10 hours I think. I didn't replay it due to the lack of NG+. I was disappointed to find out that 40fps would be the maximum for that game. Dunno how [email protected] performs, I'd appreciate it if someone describes the feeling to me compared to [email protected]

I've been playing it on Gamepass PC. Even though I've not yet finished the story, so far it's my game of the year, hands down.

I downloaded and installed Warhammer: Vermintide 2 well it was free,  I asked at the steam Warhammer: Vermintide 2 community hub discussion  boards if it well be in my steam library after the free  download event is over November 7th and they said at steam Warhammer: Vermintide 2 community hub discussion  boards that I'll always have the Warhammer: Vermintide 2 in my steam library now, the 13 dlc bundle is   $47  to purchase for  Warhammer: Vermintide 2

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

I know it's too much to ask since the first game was on PS Plus, but I hope they drop this into PS Plus someday, with at least [email protected] I appreciate the New Game +, though. 

Edited by DODI3OG

This looks like it could be pretty cool, out in December as well so not too far away. Visually it looks incredible, one to keep an eye on for me I think.

Also, in other news, while it's not official yet there's growing evidence of Ubisoft coming back to Steam.

What a nice time to be a PC gamer. ☺️

Possibly another one to look out for that's on the horizon.

It looks visually impressive and gritty as f*ck! Something like this is right up my alley. I'm also certainly a fan of the roguelite elements that are pointed out on Steam page description.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

6 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

It looks visually impressive and gritty as f*ck! 

Out of interest, and cause I had a sneaky suspicion, I googled what engine that game is running on.

I'm not a fan of the engine/tech consolidation going around the industry right now and I think it's a potential long term issue in terms of tech/engine development, but my god Unreal Engine 5 is going to help indies and small studios make some insanely good looking games.

Skyrim turns 11 this 11/11. Fantastic game and seems it is still considered the benchmark by many

Also noticed Jason's join date above, gg on your eleventh, man!

Edited by String

JP0cYXG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, Ubisoft is officially back on Steam from december 6th... back to use that "unrealistic" distribution model 😄

Oh Ubisoft, you champion of gaming business 🧐 

Ubisoft PC games returning to Steam starting with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Anno 1800, and Roller Champions  only seen Assassin's Creed Valhalla   at the steam store so far

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Anyone plan on getting The Callisto Protocol on Friday? People have already slipped up and released the reviews for the game. I may wait, to be honest, since it's still quite expensive, even on certain CDKey sites. 

41 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Anyone plan on getting The Callisto Protocol on Friday? People have already slipped up and released the reviews for the game. I may wait, to be honest, since it's still quite expensive, even on certain CDKey sites. 

Not a genre that's for me. Will say that I've thought it's looked a bit jank for a while and the leaked gameplay hasn't changed my mind on that, will be interesting to see how it reviews. The fact it's that price even on CDkeys is a bit bizarre as well tbh.

Another game that's coming out this Friday that I might buy tho is Marvel Midnight Sun's, which is reviewing pretty nicely so far. Wasn't sure it would either, but it does look fun.

pE6Gqdf.png

why do I feel like this is a Death Stranding wannabe ?

4 hours ago, Craigsters said:

pE6Gqdf.png

why do I feel like this is a Death Stranding wannabe ?

It's not. It's literally a spiritual successor to Dead Space.

R4b2M4J.png

Assassin's Creed Valhalla   is officially on steam at $63 for complete edition, no Steam Achievements 

Edited by Craigsters

if they are making a Metal Gear remake i would rather it be a remake of Metal Gear 1 than Metal Gear Solid 1. I want to see Outer Heaven in modern day graphics dammit.

JP0cYXG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

LX6xkKv.png

Is now at steam

Edited by Craigsters

2023 is looking bonkers stacked if we only look at announced games, I'm expecting a fair few delays cause of it tbh. Delaying out the way of some competition and all that, though, saying that, if all those delayed games delay to the some period (which is always Q1, so Q1 24) it'll end up packed as well.

Starfield, Hogwarts, Baldurs Gate 3, Diablo 4,... gonna be a good year for me if it was just those four but there's at least half a dozen more games that have my eye too.

The big main for me will be Starfield next year. For upcoming releases sooner, it's the Dead Space remake in January, might pick that up over Forspoken, but I'm not sure yet. Then February for me is also packed with Hogwarts, Sons of the Forest, and that Atomic Heart, which looks interesting. SW Jedi: Survivor in March. And hopefully Cyberpunk's expansion will release sooner into the year, we'll see.

Suicide Squad, Hades 2, Diablo IV and AC VI, the list goes on. Atleast it's not going to be a dry as f*ck year for gaming!

Edited by DEADWOODZ

D4, BG3 and Starfield are the big ones for me, looking forward to all three equally. Lot of other things that look great too, both indie and AAA. Easy to forget TDU3 is next year as well, though my expectations for that are a bit dodgy given some of the stuff they're doing with it and how little they've shown.

Forspoken is an interesting one, I really like how the game looks but the demo impressions (PS5 only ffs) are all over the place. The open world seems fairly bland which was expected so not a huge deal, but a lot of people are having trouble making the combat and controls click for them. There's supposedly settings you can tweak to make it more intuitive and there are people who are enjoying the combat and it also sounds like the demo doesn't introduce you well to the mechanics, so getting to grips with it might be better in the full game as it'll introduce you to it better you'd think. Might be a wait for sale depending on the reviews - unless it reviews terribly, anywho. Easy to forget that Hogwarts is out like 3 weeks later so splashing down the hefty price for Forspoken is easier to resist knowing I won't be waiting long for another game to pick up.

ri25A4t.png

I've won 22 rewards from the steam community, I help out with people's  gaming issues on a regular basis  there, the badge take my money is the most  expensive badge to get and I won it

Edited by Craigsters
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

no good deals   during Steams winter sale this year

Proper Epic clusterf'k on Epic Games Store yesterday with a launch of latest free game - Death Stranding 😄

Because EG Store & Launcher (and their whole system) are crappy someone over there mixed up versions of 'gift' game, both regular and director's cut are called 'BASE GAME' 😆, they started giving DC one - and for this game there was a BIG mass of people waiting. When Epic saw that wrong version is out, they probably intentionally 'crashed' servers and all hell broke loose for few hours 🤣

I went on to pick up game like a hour into a 'drama' (didn't even know what is happening) and I was logged out of website & could not sign in... but I poked a bit around refreshing & clicking, and 'boom' I got in to a my personal profile claiming page with Death Standing Director's Cut as free offer 🙃. It went through, I got receipt, and later in the evening I even installed and played that first 'Prologue' part!

I also claimed intended 'base' game version (just in case if they remove first one 🥸) and now I have 2 Death Stranding's 🎅

Spoiler

Fun Fact: wanted to buy it for long time, have it on steam wishlist, but didn't as I was waiting for better GPU (and also usual 16€ offer on CDKeys can not be activated in Serbia 🙄). 

56 minutes ago, SpaceBeagle said:

Proper Epic clusterf'k on Epic Games Store yesterday with a launch of latest free game - Death Stranding 😄

Because EG Store & Launcher (and their whole system) are crappy someone over there mixed up versions of 'gift' game, both regular and director's cut are called 'BASE GAME' 😆, they started giving DC one - and for this game there was a BIG mass of people waiting. When Epic saw that wrong version is out, they probably intentionally 'crashed' servers and all hell broke loose for few hours 🤣

I went on to pick up game like a hour into a 'drama' (didn't even know what is happening) and I was logged out of website & could not sign in... but I poked a bit around refreshing & clicking, and 'boom' I got in to a my personal profile claiming page with Death Standing Director's Cut as free offer 🙃. It went through, I got receipt, and later in the evening I even installed and played that first 'Prologue' part!

I also claimed intended 'base' game version (just in case if they remove first one 🥸) and now I have 2 Death Stranding's 🎅

Reveal hidden contents

Fun Fact: wanted to buy it for long time, have it on steam wishlist, but didn't as I was waiting for better GPU (and also usual 16€ offer on CDKeys can not be activated in Serbia 🙄). 

yea I read about the free Death Stranding at steam discussion yesterday

Edited by Craigsters

The EGS client is genuinely a complete and utter embarrassment. I've long had issues with what has been at best Epic's misleading comments about what EGS will do for gamers/customers, which really have been lies in the end, but even putting those thoughts aside the client is absolutely f*cking garbage. The store is rubbish first and foremost, but the actual client is woeful. It lacks so many standard 2022 features and flat out has no community aspect to it at all, which is already bad enough, but the library is straight the worst game library I have ever used. The download manager is hot garbage as well, you can't move things about in the download queue si you have to cancel any big updates if you want to download something else first, and everytime you launch EGS it will try and download every update even if you paused it last time.

And yet this is the platform who straight up tried to compete with Steam and paid developers/publishers to move away from Steam (lets just ignore how anti-consumer that is from a company who touts it's self as pro-consumer...). Nevermind Steam, it's lightyears away from every other major PC store platform - B.net, Ubisoft Connect, Origin or it's sh*te replacement EA desktop, the Xbox app (which has some bad problems for some people) etc. It's garbage.

It's actually frustrating to use that client I tell ya. I gave it an honest go with a game I bought earlier in the year which was a timed EGS exclusive and I've dabbled in it a few times since for the odd free game and the client is a complete disaster every time.

SpaceBeagle

GeForce Beyond at CES 2023 - This could be (potentially) interesting to watch, with some real gaming stuff & newslike that (over)hyped russian zombie game "The Day Before" should have new presentation here because it is Nvidia partner or something.

... it is in 2-3 hours from now (Jan 3, 2023, 5 p.m. CET / 8 a.m. PT / etc.)

nVidia shows are rarely a place for game showcases, nevermind a CES show.

It is almost definitely going to be a show where they formerly announce the 3070 Ti, perhaps a few other cards, 4000 laptop GPU's, maybe price cuts, DLSS updates, etc.