2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

They've been pumping out some lowkey very good co-op games in the Warhammer universe for a lil while now and Darktide seems like the next step forward for them from what I've seen. Character customisation is nice too.

Edit: Played the Darktide beta a lil, it's good fun, can tell there's a good game in there despite some beta performance issues and jank, but for the love of God I hope the full game has some accessability options, the FoV change on sprint and the amount of camera shake is disgusting.

• Like 2

kTb3On5.jpg

Fallout New Vegas is on sale at steam tell Next Tuesday, it's one of the best fallout games in the franchise, there are more sales on other Fallout games at steam too

Owe and  Metro Exodus is also on sale at 70% off and includes enhanced edition, other metro games are  80% off in price too at steam

Edited by Craigsters
  • Like 3

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Truth be told ... The Last of Us Part 2 is the most incredible, gruesome, dangerous, relentless, exhausting fictional piece of entertainment I've ever experienced! It's been over two years and there's barely a day I don't think about this game and Ellie. Ellie's journey isn't told to the end yet and I sure hope it comes to a satisfying conclusion in Part 3.

Also I just completed my Telltale's The Walking Dead 'marathon' today (played through all four Seasons - S2, S3 and S4 for the very first time! S1 I completed before) and I must say I never cried as much playing a video game, especially the Final Season's Episode 4 made my tears break loose.

For me The Last of Us (1+2) and Telltale's The Walking Dead saga are the most emotional and best written video games I've ever played. No other games managed to make me cry ... these two did and for that I cannot thank them enough honestly!

Ellie and Clem, I love these characters so much. I know they are fictional but they feel so real because both are incredibly well written and seeing them growing up and develop and become these strong characters over the course of the games is so amazing to see.

mqdefault.jpg

Algonquin Assassin
8 hours ago, Emmi said:

Truth be told ... The Last of Us Part 2 is the most incredible, gruesome, dangerous, relentless, exhausting fictional piece of entertainment I've ever experienced! It's been over two years and there's barely a day I don't think about this game and Ellie. Ellie's journey isn't told to the end yet and I sure hope it comes to a satisfying conclusion in Part 3.

Also I just completed my Telltale's The Walking Dead 'marathon' today (played through all four Seasons - S2, S3 and S4 for the very first time! S1 I completed before) and I must say I never cried as much playing a video game, especially the Final Season's Episode 4 made my tears break loose.

For me The Last of Us (1+2) and Telltale's The Walking Dead saga are the most emotional and best written video games I've ever played. No other games managed to make me cry ... these two did and for that I cannot thank them enough honestly!

Ellie and Clem, I love these characters so much. I know they are fictional but they feel so real because both are incredibly well written and seeing them growing up and develop and become these strong characters over the course of the games is so amazing to see.

mqdefault.jpg

It’s a shame Telltale closed because I think they would’ve taken the series even further.

I’ve spoken enough about Ellie (and with good reason), but not enough about Clem.

Those games really got me into that sort of genre and it’s why I love Life Is Strange, Heavy Rain etc. Clem

Is so fantastic. She has similar fibres that Ellie has to make her rise up against adversity and as grow as a person.

Imagine a The Last of Us/Walking Dead crossover. They’d be really good friends with very similar paths they’ve taken.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 2

Boardwalk Empire Episode 2.1 Review - That Shelf

@Algonquin Assassin Telltale is alive again, they are currently working on The Wolf Among Us 2 and The Expanse. But well unlike Ellie's, Clem's journey is all but over and they managed to wrap up the entire series and Clem's story with a finale that could not have been any better in my opinion. They play with your emotions in that last episode from Season 4 like I've never experienced it in a game before or even a movie. During THAT barn scene (but not just in that one of course) I actually had to pause the game to wipe the tears off of my face cause I couldn't see no more! The ending of Season 2 was also so so emotional where the tears ran down my face and Season 1's finale of course. All things considered Telltale's The Walking Dead saga is the most emotional experience across the entire medium (including movies) I ever had followed by The Last of Us saga.

I really hope we get to experience Ellie again in The Last of Us Part 3 (yes, I think it's definitely coming) and that they give us some kind of "mother-child" dynamic (teaching and looking out for JJ) similar to how TWD's final season handles it (Clem + AJ). In regards to The Last of Us Part 2 the most emotional moment for me where tears ran down my face was THAT porch scene (you know the one!). I just couldn't hold it together no more and it is possibly the best acted and executed scene in all of gaming and film!

• Best Bru 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

On 10/13/2022 at 5:16 PM, Jason said:

Edit: Played the Darktide beta a lil, it's good fun, can tell there's a good game in there despite some beta performance issues and jank, but for the love of God I hope the full game has some accessability options, the FoV change on sprint and the amount of camera shake is disgusting.

Yeah, I played a little too. It was really good fun and addicting. I did kinda want to reach level 11 to unlock that other shop. But it doesn't really matter anyway, since there's no beta progression.

It's a day one buy, though. I've been itching for a shooter like this since Back 4 Blood was utter sh*te IMO. I'm even tempted to jump into Vermintide 2 a bit more.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

26 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Yeah, I played a little too. It was really good fun and addicting. I did kinda want to reach level 11 to unlock that other shop. But it doesn't really matter anyway, since there's no beta progression.

It's a day one buy, though. I've been itching for a shooter like this since Back 4 Blood was utter sh*te IMO. I'm even tempted to jump into Vermintide 2 a bit more.

B4B was... weird. The gameplay was alright but it never quite matched the detail of L4D, which is uhh, then you have the whole progression system which really just didn't work well (the cards), and the whole gun mod system basically killed the loot aspect of the game as you couldn't transfer mods between guns. Could've been great and while it wasn't bad it just didn't quite hit the spot. WWZ has problems of it's own but I felt the gameplay there was the best evolution in the L4D formula since L4D came out.

Vermintide's decent but I think Darktide has a good chance of being the one that breaks out due to having guns. Looking forward to sinking my teeth into it proper next month on GP, just hope the game runs better. Very crashy and jerky in the beta which could have been because they're running all sorts of beta logging stuff... or because the game run a bit poo. Lack of cross platform sucks as well, they need to get that in ASAP for the console release.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

Looking forward to sinking my teeth into it proper next month on GP, just hope the game runs better. Very crashy and jerky in the beta which could have been because they're running all sorts of beta logging stuff... or because the game run a bit poo.

Oh, I forgot it was GP day one. Again, that service is nailing it.

Yea, there was a couple of times I crashed to when returning to the hub and once I got disconnected at the very end of a match, which was quite frustrating to say the least. So yeah, hopefully stuff like that gets ironed out.

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 1

sr73pSb.jpg

I played the discovery tour for assassin's creed valhalla today,  to get the free items, it took around 4 hours to complete, there was interactions   between NPC's and  quest and not just stepping into markers to read and learn during gameplay 

Edited by Craigsters
  • Like 2

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

The  assassin's creed valhalla  discovery  tour rewards  works on  all saves, I had started  a new game from a previous saves that was a save  of  just arriving in Raventhorpe, but the new playthrough had  a corrupted missing magas codex page, so I scrapped the new playthrough and went with a save game that had all six magas codex pages and that old save   was able to work with  the discovery  tour rewards 

I thought I'd have to do the discovery  tour over again, and it's a long free dlc to playthrough, over 4 hours or more

Edited by Craigsters
  • Like 2

I saw Kursk is on sale for €1.99 on Xbox. Seems like something interesting to enjoy on a Sunday afternoon. I just watched a documentary on the sub and it's a fascinating if not horrifying story. It's got mixed reviews but for €1.99, why not? 

uGsT6IkrXvPgkE3GVQ8FoGME.jpg

ss_e6ba327a343c9e2ff78a1d4ea7dc37e655452

VeTbca3.jpg

see bottom  right hand corner of image above to  determine how much more time the the oskoreia festival left to play

I think there's either 19 hours or 19 days left to play the oskoreia festival for assassin's creed valhalla , I took a ingame screenshot, after having to reload another save of my river raids completed, my new river raid playrhrough became corrupted, and Vagn wouldn't offer  the additional river raids, even they'll I found all the clues

Edited by Craigsters

No game to this day has better and smoother combat animations than The Last of Us Part 2. Naughty Dog really raised the bar here and it's just a dream to play and so much fun. Can't wait what they can bring to the table with the power of PlayStation 5 (and PC).

• Best Bru 1

Algonquin Assassin

I was just wondering is anyone else into visual novels?

On Switch these seem to be quite popular. My favourite one is Doki Doki Literature Club followed by Corpse Factory.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 1:39 AM, Emmi said:

mqdefault.jpg

I'd love to play TWD soon. It's been on my checklist since the first season came out.

I agree with you on this one. The Last of Us is probably the best-written game out there, not just in story. Although Part 2 has better gameplay than Part 1, I could live with that fact just because the story is always engaging even though I played both games at least 5 times now. And I got spoiled real bad from Youtube videos a year before I played Part 2, and guess what? There were plenty of emotional moments in the game that one major spoiler is just a fraction of the experience.

Not even God of War could match the dynamics between Joel and Ellie and even Horizon: Zero Dawn and Forbidden West couldn't portray the story as much as the gameplay in these games.

I've written short stories before and I keep seeing people (I used to be one of them) that Part 2's story should have been in chronological order. It would make Joel's death more painful, but it wouldn't help in building the mystery in Abby's part of the story. It wouldn't make me regret killing Owen and Alice; wouldn't build the thrill and surprise finding out Tommy was that sniper in Abby's Day 3, among other things.

The Last of Us got me spoiled to the point that other story-driven games are now mostly bland to me. My standards were raised so high that I keep wishing most games had the same storytelling and animations as The Last of Us.

4 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I was just wondering is anyone else into visual novels?

On Switch these seem to be quite popular. My favourite one is Doki Doki Literature Club followed by Corpse Factory.

I believe the widest selection is on the PC, and it's not really a problem because just about everyone can run them well. I am not sure if it's on the Switch (it is in Japan, but I believe it's not localised), but I highly recommend Higurashi When They Cry. It's a murder mystery, and it's best if you don't research much about it before trying it out yourself. First chapter is free on Steam, so I recommend giving it a shot to see if you like it. The creator is involved in the upcoming Silent Hill game.

• Best Bru 1

@DODI3OG I think the first The Last of Us stinks compared to the sequel in every aspect. I mean the story is pretty straighforward and not really anything groundbreaking if you think about it. If it weren't for the Joel-Ellie dynamic and the constant in-gameplay chatting between them I think the first The Last of Us wouldn't have gotten as much praise as it did. I think going back to the first one after having played Part 2 is going to be difficult because for me the gameplay of Part 2 and the level design is impeccable and so so much better than the first ones'. I don't even have to start about the animations because let's be honest here, they are unmatched even to this day. I have yet to play a video game with smoother, better and more satisfying animations than does Part 2 offer. I don't get the hate for the story either and I think 90% who hate it are people who didn't even play through the entirety of Part 2 because only then all its pieces fall together and it comes to an emotional end where I shed tears. I'm really hopeful we get Part 3 and that we will have Ellie as our main protagonist again one last time (please please please!). ATTENTION STORY SPOILER COMING UP:

Spoiler

I really think Naughty Dog deliberately chose Ellie's LEFT hand to lose two of her fingers so that in a potential Part 3 with her as protagonist will make no difference from a gameplay perspective when handling guns, etc. The fact that it won't let her play the guitar well again is probably another thing why they chose the left hand instead of the right one.

Edited by Emmi

On 10/21/2022 at 4:51 AM, Craigsters said:

The  assassin's creed valhalla  discovery  tour rewards  works on  all saves, I had started  a new game from a previous saves that was a save  of  just arriving in Raventhorpe, but the new playthrough had  a corrupted missing magas codex page, so I scrapped the new playthrough and went with a save game that had all six magas codex pages and that old save   was able to work with  the discovery  tour rewards 

I thought I'd have to do the discovery  tour over again, and it's a long free dlc to playthrough, over 4 hours or more

I might download the discovery tour sometime. I hope it's still free when I get home.

@Emmi I was pondering on that question too. Gameplay wise, it will not change a thing, other than maybe the Long guns' recoil. On the story, I also don't understand people's hate for Abby. She's a likeable character, Owen, Mel, and Manny are likeable too. There are people who think they should have got more screentime, but that would have been very dragging esp. since Abby's story moving forward was focused on her relationship with the two kids. 

Naughty Dog took a gamble on Part 2. I just hope there was a Director's cut for those who played the game already, maybe just rearrange some of the chapters for another perspective.

I really love watching those juxtaposition of events from Part 1 and Part 2, as well as Ellie and Abby's hospital sections.

Once you completed the discovery tour for assassin's creed valhalla  the rewards show up on every save including new games or new games

Edited by Craigsters

Algonquin Assassin
18 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I believe the widest selection is on the PC, and it's not really a problem because just about everyone can run them well. I am not sure if it's on the Switch (it is in Japan, but I believe it's not localised), but I highly recommend Higurashi When They Cry. It's a murder mystery, and it's best if you don't research much about it before trying it out yourself. First chapter is free on Steam, so I recommend giving it a shot to see if you like it. The creator is involved in the upcoming Silent Hill game.

Thanks for the recommendation mate. I’ll check it out to see if it’s on there.👍

• Like 1

next installment's

a little "History" 

Very entertaining.. And Fan Made,....

Now coming to Xbox consoles

Note from "PC Gamer"

Strategy games can be notoriously challenging to get right on consoles, due to their design favoring mouse and keyboard setups. While some RTS games--see Frostpunk and Halo Wars 2 for example--can work with a controller, doing so requires a lot of extra work by a developer to get just right. For the Xbox ports of Age of Empires II and IV, developer World's Edge says both controller and traditional mouse and keyboard setups will be made available on consoles.

Edited by Failed Again

I am not 100% sure of what I think of Forspoken. It looks a lot better than it did in the earlier footage that was shown, and looks like the combat flows together nicely. They've also shown some of the parkour skills, which do look like they'll be fun to use for traversing the map, especially the glide on water.

I'm just wondering if the games narrative will be up to scratch or not?

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Sackboy will have raytracing features on PC, along with enhanced raytracing stuff for Spider-Man etc.

Whisper it quietly to avoid upsetting the relic fanboys, but PC is quietly becoming the best place to play Sony games... if you can wait for the ports, of course.

Anyone else here who's not that amazed with Ray Tracing? I know it's supposed to help developers more on making more accurate lighting instead of making everything look better.

The latter is more up to the GI and lighting department. What I don't like is when modders put out videos of around 10yo games that have outdated and bad lighting by default, they buff them up to modern standards, and all of a sudden it's a total overhaul. All that's left to do is stamp "RT" in the label.

As annoying as these modders are, it's the people who believe this is what Ray Tracing is supposed to achieve. Look at modern games that have good lighting and reasonable Ray Tracing, such as Spider-man and MW2 2022, RT is not that noticeable, but the reflections and lightmaps are more accurate. People were surprised that RT were in these games, but the lighting look untouched from non-RT presets. Well, that's how it's supposed to be achieved.

The best-looking game with RTGI, as well as the one that's been well implemented is Metro: Exodus. Graphics were more or less the same in terms of Fidelity, but the lighting was more accurate. Games like Metro Exodus, where lighting plays a huge role benefits from RTGI.

Even if GTA V cg has RTGI, the lighting would still look almost the same, except maybe some interiors that're supposed to be darker are now appropriately darker, and places where the sun is still supposed to reflect light are now more lit. IMO, GTA V as is has excellent lighting. The best in any game so far, even MW2 2022 standards. The only problem I see with the game are the low polycount models from the 2013 versions. I'm not a graphics designer, but I've fiddled with scripts a lot back in the days. Even if they somehow managed to pull off RTGI in the cg versions, they'd have to turn off existing scripts for lighting, including ambient light properties, reflections, etc. just to pull off a proper RTGI. But, the thing is that RAGE uses cell loading, so it'll probably take a lot longer to mess around with cubemap reflections and static/ambient light trajectories throughout the map. RT shadows are much easier to pull off since all they had to do was turn off shadows and let the RT do the calculations and whatnot.

This has to be the greatest intro in gaming history. I really can't remember any other game which sets the mood so incredibly well as this scene does.

I need to replay it come this Christmas. Oh man the entire Winter chapter of Mafia 2 is amazing. This scene above and the robbery mission are my favorites!

Warhammer  Vermintide 2 is free to download at steam till November 7th, is there any other purchases necessary?  well it always be in your steam library once you download it, or does it  disappear after the 7th?

I don't wanna spam the official topic for Witcher 3, but CDPR makes me wanna cuss on the way they're not putting out a concrete release date for the game's Next-gen version. I freed up months (About 4 hours per day) for that game in 2023. SO, it better be worth the wait and lack of release info.