2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

I think the easiest way for me to describe how I feel about Death Stranding after finally playing it for a bit on Games Pass is that I am absolutely enamored by everything about it... except the gameplay, lol.

Will maybe play more of it and give it more time cause the whole world that's being built in the early story is fascinating but the rest of the game I'm finding it hard to really get into it.

SpaceBeagle

I was watching so-called 'award show' yesterday and got excited by its big reveal at the end - new Dead Island 2!

I really loved original Dead Island, its continuation Riptide, and their spiritual successor Dying Light... I just love slashing zombies in them 😊

... then yesterday I discovered that Dead Island 2 is going to be fkn Epic Store Exclusive 😡 ... and I got so mad! 🤬

Thankfully I looked it up and discovered that it is published by Deep Silver 🙄 and developed by Dambuster that made 'Homefront' mess 😁 - so all is good now 😈

Joking aside, I hope that one day it will be on Steam - and as a better & mostly bug free edition 🙂

• Like 1

What is it with all this Epic exclusive crap? That seriously sucks and I am sure it doesn't do the sales figures any favors if it's only released through the Epic Store. Pfff ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emmi said:

What is it with all this Epic exclusive crap? That seriously sucks and I am sure it doesn't do the sales figures any favors if it's only released through the Epic Store. Pfff ...

Epic have a lot of cash they made through Fortnite. Epic want a store of their own for reasons that have been proven to be mostly a crock of sh*te. Epic uses said Fortnite money to make games exclusive to their store to entice people to use their store.

From what I've seen the main games that are dropping as EGS exclusive are old contracts as based on what I've heard EGS exclusivity hasn't made Epic any money short or long term and thus they're moving away from them and moving into things like publisher/engine deals.

Dead Island 2 genuinely looks good as well, but I've used EGS enough to justifiably say it's just a garbage client.

There's only one other launcher (I use) that gives the Epic Store a run for its money and that is the Rockstar Games Launcher. That is possibly the worst launcher I have used in my life! Who needed this, who wanted this, what benefit does this have?

Any of you guys have the Arctis Nova Pro headsets? They come wired or wireless. I'm planning to get one by December, but I wanna know how much of a difference they make compared to the PS5 PS5 Pulse headset and any other cheaper alternatives.

Failed Again
On 8/25/2022 at 2:24 AM, DODI3OG said:

Any of you guys have the Arctis Nova Pro headsets? They come wired or wireless. I'm planning to get one by December, but I wanna know how much of a difference they make compared to the PS5 PS5 Pulse headset and any other cheaper alternatives.

Nova 7 does this help?

and since you mentioned Sony

For a very reasonable price I purchased the Lucid Sound LS 15x

the LS15p is for Sony.

The above Youtuber has a review if you're interested.

Edited by Failed Again

11 hours ago, Failed Again said:

Nova 7 does this help?

and since you mentioned Sony

For a very reasonable price I purchased the Lucid Sound LS 15x

the LS15p is for Sony.

The above Youtuber has a review if you're interested.

Thanks! I'll watch it in a while. I got the Pulse 3d @ $90 incl. shipping. It sounds good, IMO and it's never too loud for me and the sounds are more on the low and bass, unlike the Platinum Headset I used to have, which is mostly sharp and trebly.

These Playstation Headsets tend to sound tincanny and breaky on higher and lower-end sounds which I really hate.

• Like 1

Both the official Xbox and PS headsets are solid value these days I hear, don't think you can go wrong with either.

Personally I swear by Sennheiser for all things audio my self, they've never let me down in terms of overall quality, but I do pay above average for my headphones and headsets.

DEADWOODZ

I use DT990 Pro's & love them. Had them for around two or three years now, paired with a decent enough dac/amp.

• Like 2

Watched the video I quoted the other day.

Seems like I'll be holding off on that headset for another year. I went to Reddit a couple months ago and they suggested me top-notch headsets, but I have to buy an amp and DAC, unlike proper gaming headsets which're mostly plug and play.

Also, the difference between these headsets is kind of marginal. Couldn't justify paying for $200 more just for better highs and lows considering the fact that sound design is still handled in-game.

Gotta admit, my PS headset crushes my temples and ears after 5+ hours of gaming and it affects the consistency of sounds. With a relaxed ear on the first hour of a session, everything sounds normal, but by the end of a long session, everything sounds too loud and sharp and my ears are hard-pressed.

Is there any topic for funny video games clips? 

Edited by WanteD1

universetwisters

Now THIS is how you do a remake

• Like 1

DEADWOODZ

Another one bites the dust. Having played the first one in co-op i was looking forward to it's Oct release.

23 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Another one bites the dust. Having played the first one in co-op i was looking forward to it's Oct release.

Steam and PC in general seems to be obsessed with survival games with building mechanics.

GTA Trilogy DE is on sale on PS Plus for $30 until Sept. 15.

• 2 weeks later...
universetwisters

If Watch Dogs isn't completely ruined by Legion, they should make a sequel set in the 90s where you have to manually hack junction boxes, rummage through people's trash, and get free calls from payphones by generating a tone into the reciever

2 hours ago, universetwisters said:

If Watch Dogs isn't completely ruined by Legion, they should make a sequel set in the 90s where you have to manually hack junction boxes, rummage through people's trash, and get free calls from payphones by generating a tone into the reciever

I'd love a 90s Watch Dogs. Set it in Seattle with Windows 95/Windows 98. Grunge soundtrack. Flip phones and early internet culture. Ubisoft is sitting on a goldmine here.

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

CoffeeMaker

Ahh not really new but just a reminder that you don't own a single game you purchase on Steam, you own nothing. You only have a license to access the game in question. Take GTA IV for example. You purchase it in let's say 2010 and they later remove some music and multiplayer, effectively robbing you. My suggestion is buy games on GOG (games that they have) and you can download the offline installer and OWN the game. Steam levels and game skins mean nothing.

I remember reading about this a few months prior, but I got this video recommended in my YouTube homepage today and I just had to share. 

The Halo 2 E3 demo is being restored by Digsite, a contingent comprised of Halo modders and 343 employees. As the description suggests, it will be playable on Halo: The Master Chief Collection upon completion. 

It's sad handheld consoles are no longer a thing. It felt so cool just watching others play on the GBA and NDS and felt like you had the world in your hands playing games on them. It's all about the Switch now and maybe it's for the best, I don't really have the best knowledge on these things but I wish there was a handheld successor to the 3DS. 

• Like 1

JP0cYXG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Algonquin Assassin
6 minutes ago, AkshayKumar said:

It's sad handheld consoles are no longer a thing. It felt so cool just watching others play on the GBA and NDS and felt like you had the world in your hands playing games on them. It's all about the Switch now and maybe it's for the best, I don't really have the best knowledge on these things but I wish there was a handheld successor to the 3DS. 

I wish I kept my GBA and DS.

Even though I’m more of a Sony guy when it comes to gaming Nintendo’s handhelds have always been the bomb.

Sony could never quite get there with the PSP and Vita, but more variety on the market was never a bad thing.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

2 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I wish I kept my GBA and DS.

Even though I’m more of a Sony guy when it comes to gaming Nintendo’s handhelds have always been the bomb.

Sony could never quite get there with the PSP and Vita, but more variety on the market was never a bad thing.

In a way it's so nice that we were there through that era of handheld gaming, especially as a young kid playing Pokemon and Mario on the GBA and DS was the bomb and there were other great games and handhelds like the PSP as you mentioned. As exciting as gaming is now, it's a bit of a shame that era is gone though I guess there is still mobile gaming.

Man the GBA and DS era feel like it belongs to the retro gaming scene now which is crazy, I remember the days when the DS was the new shiny toy still. Though 80s and 90s gamers will laugh at me for calling these old.

• Best Bru 1

This is something that's kind of been on my radar for a while. It's coming to PC game pass next month.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Failed Again

Must be hard to implement a natural walk and look around, the camera just feels wrong.

Maybe having 3 legs and too many arms does that.

Edited by Failed Again

2 hours ago, Failed Again said:

Must be hard to implement a natural walk and look around, the camera just feels wrong.

Maybe having 3 legs and too many arms does that.

No idea.

Anywho, puzzle-adventure games never really strike my fancy. The aesthetics of Scorn do, however, make it worth giving it a whirl, I suppose.

• Like 1

Failed Again
1 hour ago, DEADWOODZ said:

No idea.

Anywho, puzzle-adventure games never really strike my fancy. The aesthetics of Scorn do, however, make it worth giving it a whirl, I suppose.

Sure this will turn up in Tik Tok Challenges.

I remember kids putting their tongues on metal fence posts in freezing weather. ..no tell what parts folks will try in Scorn..😛

Edited by Failed Again

Splatoon is doing some crazy sales it's outpacing Pokemon in Japan. Nintendo keeps churning out money making franchises. Though Nintendo games aren't too hot on GTAF from what I see. 

One of my favorite games ever made is getting an anime adaptation!

• 3 weeks later...
DEADWOODZ

I got a good feeling about Darktide, although I didn't play a great deal of Vermintide. Does look as if it's going to be heaps of fun in co-op!

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 1