3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

SpaceBeagle

Ubisoft is puling the online plug on 'older games' on 1st september and they are using epic term for it "decommissioning of online services😄 

(I'm sorry if they used this term before, I didnt know, but is so sad & funny for me at the same time - such a example of crappy corpo lingo for crappy moves)

Now, there is a possible more serious scummy part with this 'decommission' as they said that your (paid) DLCs on PC will be also become unavailable to you!

Info & list of games - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396

• Like 1

The Crew 2 was super cheap on Xbox recently so I finally picked it up. The map gives the game the potential to be the ultimate "road trip/super chill game" but all they did with it was make a super generic arcade racer. I got whatever the full game edition is called for like $20, though, and that came with a "free" Evo which means I don't have to do any grinding to just go drive around in my favorite car. So far I'm having fun with that but I can already tell it's going to wear thin before I even see half of the map.

Mostly, I blame the driving physics for that. There's just no challenge, and worse, no real sense of speed. Driving 150mph doesn't really feel any different than driving 50mph and so my mind tends to just switch off because the game isn't providing anything it needs to engage with.

I still need to look deeper, though. This game, to me, is the type of game that absolutely should have some sort of taxi style missions. Hopefully it does. It's not going to make the driving any better but it might make it feel a little less aimless at the very least.

7 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

The Crew 2 was super cheap on Xbox recently so I finally picked it up. The map gives the game the potential to be the ultimate "road trip/super chill game" but all they did with it was make a super generic arcade racer. I got whatever the full game edition is called for like $20, though, and that came with a "free" Evo which means I don't have to do any grinding to just go drive around in my favorite car. So far I'm having fun with that but I can already tell it's going to wear thin before I even see half of the map.

Mostly, I blame the driving physics for that. There's just no challenge, and worse, no real sense of speed. Driving 150mph doesn't really feel any different than driving 50mph and so my mind tends to just switch off because the game isn't providing anything it needs to engage with.

I still need to look deeper, though. This game, to me, is the type of game that absolutely should have some sort of taxi style missions. Hopefully it does. It's not going to make the driving any better but it might make it feel a little less aimless at the very least.

The handling feels floaty and very ubisoft-like. They tried to give the cars weight by adding slow acceleration and deceleration, but the driving just felt unresponsive and floaty.

On 7/16/2022 at 1:45 PM, Renee Marie Sarthou said:

Man, sometimes I feel sick and tired of all these remakes and remasters. The AAA game industry is so saturated with them.

I'm the kind of person who'd love to play remakes given that they were games I loved like RDR1, Bioshock Infinite, GTA IV, The Last of Us Part 1; or games I would have loved to play such as Metro 2033 and Last Light, and the Tomb Raider remake.

I missed out on a lot of awesome PS3 games since I got mine way back 2013 with GTA V, and I haven't bought another game for my PS4 after finishing college.

I understand why even the creme de la creme of devs prefer remakes over new entries or entirely new IPs. They're low risk since they know the remake would still attract newcomers and old-timers alike and they don't cost as much money and time as new IPs.

Nowadays, video games are oversaturated with shooters and Battle Royales that also affect the profitability and overall development of good campaign-driven games.

I'm good with remakes and remasters for games that need them, and there's been a bunch of those that have been fantastic. I always point to the ME trilogy as an example of an amazing remaster, it's a game that was a mess to play w/ all the DLC and the aging ME1 on any platform, but the ME trilogy came out and is now the definitive way to play the game now and in the years to come.

Essentially, there are some amazing games out there that are difficult, tedious or simply impossible to play on modern platforms and those games need remakes/remasters so we can continue to play them further. RDR1 is one I really want for that reason, the only way to play that game locally (ie not streaming) on a modern platform in 2022 is on Xbox through BC. One of the greatest games ever made being playable locally on just one platform is just... sh*tty.

• Like 2

Failed Again

the only way to play that game locally (ie not streaming) on a modern platform in 2022 is on Xbox through BC. One of the greatest games ever made being playable locally on just one platform is just... sh*tty.

LOL

Xbox Exclusive! 4 the win..🤑

Edited by Failed Again

On 7/17/2022 at 10:27 PM, Jason said:

Essentially, there are some amazing games out there that are difficult, tedious or simply impossible to play on modern platforms and those games need remakes/remasters so we can continue to play them further.

GTA IV, Metro 2033 and Last Light, and Tomb Raider 2013 comes into my mind. I gave up on Last Light halfway due to the controls. As of Metro Exodus, everything is ironed out, but it's still far from smooth.

This would be more appropriate if I posted this on the Red Dead sub. But, this is more in line with this topic. RDR2 needs a pause menu makeover. Even if the game would run on 60fps, the pause menu animations take too much time. Also, I hate the fact they stuck with RDR1's pause menu even though the UI was overhauled. Sometimes, I just wanna pull out the map as fast as I could, but the stinger animations and the option placement eats too much time. The game is already slow with the tacky challenges and windy roads.

More fantasy rpgs may be in store. While the wait for TES VI and Avowed continues, I read that the developers behind Just Cause are making a fantasy rpg too named Ravenbound

Reminds me of later Assassins Creed games do those images

Edited by AkshayKumar

JP0cYXG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

12 hours ago, DODI3OG said:

GTA IV, Metro 2033 and Last Light, and Tomb Raider 2013 comes into my mind. I gave up on Last Light halfway due to the controls. As of Metro Exodus, everything is ironed out, but it's still far from smooth.

Don't forget a lot of the MGS games and MGS 4 :sadkek:

21 minutes ago, Zello said:

Don't forget a lot of the MGS games and MGS 4 :sadkek:

Also the uncharted PS3 trilogy. Played those games when Sony gave them for Play at Home, but I never touched them again. Bluepoint went from that okay remaster to the Demon Souls remake.

Speaking about Demon Soul, is it just me or games like these are meant to have clunky controls? IMO, the combat is okay once you get the parry and dodge mechanics, but the controls are clunky compared to GOW 2018 and Ghost of Tsushima.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:15 AM, DODI3OG said:

I hope they go on sale in my country too. It's time for my mom to buy a new TV anyway. But, the $800 might be too steep for her. If I was employed, I'd probably be saving for it.

Your mom probably watches TV shows a lot (full of Static images on screen) I don't think OLED is a good choice for her!
Or prove me wrong if you used OLED for a long time!

5 hours ago, WanteD1 said:

Your mom probably watches TV shows a lot (full of Static images on screen) I don't think OLED is a good choice for her!
Or prove me wrong if you used OLED for a long time!

We've been using that OLED for almost 9 years now. But, tbh at this point my mom had a lot more use with it.

She spends most of the time watching cable TV, though. And we were on analogue until she got the free upgrade. So yeah, lots of overstretched static. I just found a reliable seller who sells at SRP, might suggest it to her this December.

1 hour ago, DODI3OG said:

We've been using that OLED for almost 9 years now. 

9yo OLED TV??????? Which model? Can you check how many hours you used the TV? 
How about burn in?

4 minutes ago, WanteD1 said:

9yo OLED TV??????? Which model? Can you check how many hours you used the TV? 
How about burn in?

Sure, I'll find a way how to check "mileage/useage" for that TV when I get to my mom's place. You got that right. My mom's really thrifty when it comes to appliances, but not so much on her clothes. XD We got that TV repaired once when a cockroach laid eggs on its motherboard. I think she spent $50 for repairs. As for the burn in, back in May, there were around 9 sizeable burn-ins all over the screen. It's a 32" 1080P OLED tv from LG, comes with stereoscopic 3D, too.

I've never experienced HDR in my life other than watching Netflix on my friend's TV.

Hell, we got a TV that's about a year older than me (I'm 25), and it's still working. I gave it to my pops, though.

There are a few noteable AAA devs that are not doing so well this 2022 such as CDPR, Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer Games.

If you wanna have a good gaming experience this year, I'd suggest you steer clear from their projects. The Last of Us Part 1(Remake), even though it wasn't directly developed by ND, has bullsh*t marketing, and Modern Warfare 2's development isn't going smooth according to an insider.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed Resident Evil Village dropped from it's  one hundred and nine dollar release price to $49.99 at steam,  did the game  do awful and bomb and is bugged?

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

On 8/4/2022 at 2:41 AM, Craigsters said:

I noticed Resident Evil Village dropped from it's  one hundred and nine dollar release price to $49.99 at steam,  did the game  do awful and bomb and is bugged?

U mean 109 CAD? Got mine for $40 usd on sale earlier this year.

WHAT A BUMMER. Horizon: Forbidden West is on sale now for 50 USD. I bought it a couple weeks ago at full price.

Edited by DODI3OG

• 2 weeks later...
universetwisters

My coworker is telling me about some Warner brothers fighting game coming out and I told him they should’ve made a “to catch a predator” fighting game instead

Everything I was looking forward to this year has been delayed to 2023.

....so anyone got their eye on something on that is actually coming out this year that they'd recommend?

Might have to find something to replay or finish an old save or something.

Can't really find anything worth recommending to be honest, this fall is shyteeee for games imo and i'm not picking a PS5 just for Ragnarök...

I'll be getting CoD since i'll hammer the multiplayer with a few mates.

Apart from that, f*ck all. Might buy SR this month & maybe get Spider-man at some point. Hearing nothing but praise about the port, though.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

I 100%'d Spidey on PS4 and don't know if I can be bothered to play through it again though photo mode RTX sounds fun for a bit. Not at that price, though. The Miles standalone game is meant to be later this year I think so perhaps there will be something new to play beyond Fifa.

Did TW3's patch get delayed to 2023? I honestly can't remember tbh. Maybe I'll finally buy RDR2 PC or something lol.

Basically I'm praying for a quick announcement and release for Horizon: FW but I think that's gonna be 2023 for sure. God, 2023 is going to be an expensive year for games for me, probably my most expensive in a long time.

On 8/13/2022 at 1:54 AM, Jason said:

I 100%'d Spidey on PS4 and don't know if I can be bothered to play through it again though photo mode RTX sounds fun for a bit. Not at that price, though. The Miles standalone game is meant to be later this year I think so perhaps there will be something new to play beyond Fifa.

I only played a bit of it on the PS4 Pro a while ago. Fairly enjoyed it & yeah the game looks impressive with all the RT settings and that cranked up.

On 8/13/2022 at 1:54 AM, Jason said:

Did TW3's patch get delayed to 2023? I honestly can't remember tbh.

Lol, god knows. Wasn't the last update on it like four months ago about them bringing the development in-house? Maybe we'll see something on the CDPR 20th anniversary stream which is next week i think...

If it still makes a release this year, i'll be quite content :kekw:

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Finally got to play Spider-Man ps4 for the first time a little bit today. It looks more like Spider-Man ps2 on my PC but I'm enjoying it anyway. The story's not really grabbing me yet, though. For some reason I'm really devoted to collecting those backpacks right now.

I didn't know there was an upcoming Need for Speed game. That series ruled the 2000s, all the cool kids back in the day played Most Wanted. 

Now the Most Wanted reboot itself is a decade old, feel like I haven't heard much about the series for a while though haven't followed it as such. New game has not been formally announced but the map has been leaked and all, apparently EA hinted at an October-December release in 2023 (though everyone is calling this game NFS 2022, shouldn't it be NFS 2023 then even if informally 😛

JP0cYXG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Sony's Playstation Games for PC site is live.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/pc-games/#pcgames

Might aswell list Horizon Forbidden West & God of War Ragnarök on there.

Also, i never realised that Miles Morales was a scheduled fall 2022 release, pleased i bought the Spidey remaster now.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Yea MM was in the footnote of the main games announcement. Looking forward to it my self as well.

HFW hopefully next year (which would fit with the nVidia leaks) as well.

Played Ghost Recon Wildlands for the first time the other day. I quickly realized it's just like AC Origins but with guns and cars and immediately uninstalled it. Didn't like the driving mechanics :sadkek:

That Ubisoft copy paste formula is ridiculous 

Edited by Zello

https://nba.2k.com/2k23/courtside-report/mynba/

It may be microtransaction city but they do put some love into their offline modes.

8a-Presentation-MVB-Title_1216x684.jpg

8b-Presentation-MVB-Lineups_1216x684.jpg

8d-Presentation-Jordan-Title_1216x684__1

NBA_2K23_Court.jpg

They really brought back retro era filters, arenas, and old logos and somehow managed to get the rights to a bunch of old retired players who are expensive to license. This is a non money making mode too there are no microtransactions in it.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1