3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

IMO, they haven't f*cked up with anything, really. It's up to Criterion now, I believe. People dislike them for bringing that whole "burnout" style to the most recent games (NFS Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted) but I think it's kind of a nice mix up. NFS Rivals was weird with the handling and control of the cars.. and the map was small, and didn't really include such a large city, like the other games did.

Around 5 pages late, but great topic Hit By Lightning. :^:

I'm playing through Vice City at the moment and it's still a great game. Yeah, some of the mechanics are outdated. (Such as not being able to rotate your camera whilst being in a car, not being able to move whilst crouching, not being able to climb over fences...) but the story, city and the missions are still fantastic. The driving is good as well. It actually feels more fluid than GTA IV but I suppose that's because IV is a bigger game and also more realistic.

Man I'd kill to play a few games of Starcraft 2 online. Sadly, no moneys and the to play it for free online you have to do some Einstein sh*t.

Bleh, I guess I'll just keep playing Skyrim. That motherf*cked is huge enough for me.

Richard Power Colt

The racing game genre seems so damn dead right now. Which sucks. I love racing games, but some of the newer ones don't appeal to me. Gran Turismo 6 is boring to me now, I don't have an XBOX One, so Forza is out of the question, there's little to do in Drive Club, and Project CARS looks and sounds a little too much like Need for Speed Shift and Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed (besides graphics), both of which I have played a lot. And to add onto that, what ever happened to street racing games? Are they nonexistent?

PC has Next Car Game.

I used to get mad, but I've been away from Destiny long enough that my rage has turned to sorrow. It had so, so much untapped potential. Every now and again, I still get a strong desire to play it again because the world was one worth being in. Sadly, I traded it in after the DLC shenanigans and after realizing that there were only five main story missions with maybe ten or so side quests. I refuse to buy from Bungie again and that's awful because again, this world had so much going for it. Bungie did the absolute minimum--maybe less--to get it out and make $$$. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edited by AtchooMatchew

I refuse to buy from Bungie again

Don't discount a company because of one bad thing...You'll start to regret it in the future.

It's not for quality of the game that I won't buy from Bungie again, but rather the principle of their whole money-grabbing approach to the project. Companies can better at developing games, or have a bad game and come back to their trademark quality, but rarely do they grow a conscience if they didn't have one going in.

Edited by AtchooMatchew

Don't discount a company because of one bad thing...You'll start to regret it in the future.

It's not for quality of the game that I won't buy from Bungie again, but rather the principle of their whole money-grabbing approach to the project. Companies can better at developing games, or have a bad game and come back to their trademark quality, but rarely do they grow a conscience if they didn't have one going in.

But just remember this....DLC are optional you don't have to buy it even though i rarely play the game and people i talk to says the game it just fine without the buying the DLC.

People putting a company down for putting out DLC but they forget they don't have to buy it.

Let me ask you this have you ever bought a DLC for a game after it's been released?

who remembers that?

I actually ended up playing the demo at walmart because that commercial

The Sui Generis prelude beta has been released; Exanima. One of the few games this year that could be revolutionary, the combat is just amazing.

It's a physic-based action RPG, though there's little RPG to be found for now, the combat and graphics are amazing though.

I already bought the game some time ago, but the progress they made is impressive. They went from drunken knight to actual proper combat

Edited by Fireman

But just remember this....DLC are optional you don't have to buy it even though i rarely play the game and people i talk to says the game it just fine without the buying the DLC.

People putting a company down for putting out DLC but they forget they don't have to buy it.

Let me ask you this have you ever bought a DLC for a game after it's been released?

DLC Optional, yes, but that DLC was arguably gutted content from the full game. And lemme tell ya: Destiny was not a full game. It was a shell of a game with bare bones content, and the DLC literally picks up where Bungie arbitrarily cuts it off in the game. DLC are supposed to continue something in a different direction after that something had a resolution in the full game, but Crota literally picks up from a side chain that had no resolution and just stopped abruptly three or so missions in.

I will have to get on that again. Through I'm currently on Skyrim, and possibly GTA V, if my PC can play it.

I mainly play on Playstation. This HP laptop isn't made for gaming, -

but it can run games like III, VC and SA just good.

One of the games i'd need to get back on myself is GTA IV.

Playing through and completing the story mode is just so satisfying.

Might even go for the 100% someday.. That i did for VC in the PS2 version a few years back.

A grind in some moments, but fun to get 100%. The only side-mission I really hate is the paramedic one. A real pain the ass. Through some careful and above-average driving can get the job done.

Richard Power Colt

Anyone played DragonBall: Xenoverse? Bought it, because I wanted to play a good DBZ game after all these years. I gotta say it has a pretty sh*tty learning curve which is why I'm not as into it as I want to. The AI is little challenge, at least in how far I've progressed so far. You can really just spam combos against them where as playing against humans is a whole another story. It feels like you're required to play versus humans to actually learn how to effectively use all the different abilities in the game, but when I try to find online matches, I can't find players equal to my level and I get to fight against players who have progressed much further than me and I really have no chance at all against them. There are several things in the game I like(most of it's kinda fan-service though) which is why I'm going to play at least through the story, but damn.. I wish they just remastered Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Edited by GTAandStuff

I did play a bit, and I agree 100% with you.

In general, it's a pretty good game, but some things are just not put together the way they should be.

The city layout is somewhat rubbish, to be honest. The map doesn't indicate the shops, and everything is mostly cluttered, which is the fault of a badly constructed map. Hell, I even had trouble finding Trunks at the very start of the game, because the game does f*ck all to even give you a sense of direction. It just threw you into the a space without indications and told you to find that specific space.

The combat is also weird. For one, it's easily used and doesn't require difficult button combinations to perform stronger moves. But then comes the bad part. I know there's a combo list, but it feels a little difficult to pull of, considering the attack buttons are actually mouse buttons. Repeatedly pressing a mouse button is different than doing the same with a keyboard button, at least to me.

And the only way I could pull of combos is by means of a special attack, but it limits the number of combo's you can achieve.

To add on this, there's some technique where you can dodge a melee attack by dissapearing, but the game has a bad way of teaching you that.

Overall, I'm not saying it's a bad game. But it could certainly be better. And I won't be touching multiplayer at all.

Is anyone playing Resident Evil: Revelations 2? Can't wait to buy it

It is very annoying that I can't PM you as you have only 7 posts. So I am just going to reply here....

It is a weird coincidence that you happened to suggest "GTA 1 3D edition" as I am working on something similar.
Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to convert the map or create new car models as I have little to no experience in 3D modeling.
I have however put in some new textures and am currently coding the missions.
If I had other people working on this with me with the correct experience then maybe I might be able to complete it the way I want to.

Richard Power Colt

I did play a bit, and I agree 100% with you.

In general, it's a pretty good game, but some things are just not put together the way they should be.

The city layout is somewhat rubbish, to be honest. The map doesn't indicate the shops, and everything is mostly cluttered, which is the fault of a badly constructed map. Hell, I even had trouble finding Trunks at the very start of the game, because the game does f*ck all to even give you a sense of direction. It just threw you into the a space without indications and told you to find that specific space.

The combat is also weird. For one, it's easily used and doesn't require difficult button combinations to perform stronger moves. But then comes the bad part. I know there's a combo list, but it feels a little difficult to pull of, considering the attack buttons are actually mouse buttons. Repeatedly pressing a mouse button is different than doing the same with a keyboard button, at least to me.

And the only way I could pull of combos is by means of a special attack, but it limits the number of combo's you can achieve.

To add on this, there's some technique where you can dodge a melee attack by dissapearing, but the game has a bad way of teaching you that.

Overall, I'm not saying it's a bad game. But it could certainly be better. And I won't be touching multiplayer at all.

The tutorial process is confusing in general. But I'd recommend playing it with a controller. On a controller at least, disappearing and pulling off combos is pretty easy.

That is on my list of buying sh*t. I currently don't own any controller, but there's always a cheap one at a store. The problem with them is that there's a 50/50 chance it will easily break down. The one I bought lasted for a year (the controller costs 5 bucks, it's cheap as f*ck), but some of my friends bought the same one, and it only laster them a few weeks. Then again, I take care of my sh*t, and I don't know if I can say the same about them.

Richard Power Colt

That is on my list of buying sh*t. I currently don't own any controller, but there's always a cheap one at a store. The problem with them is that there's a 50/50 chance it will easily break down. The one I bought lasted for a year (the controller costs 5 bucks, it's cheap as f*ck), but some of my friends bought the same one, and it only laster them a few weeks. Then again, I take care of my sh*t, and I don't know if I can say the same about them.

Well, I have several PS3 controllers which almost never break. You just need to download some software to make it work with a PC.

Looking to get a game for Xbox one . Which one should I get?

Look for something to last me awhile.

I already have horizon 2, dragon age, watch dogs, and assassin's creed.

Should I get far cry 4, hall collection, something else?

Sunset Overdrive just dropped to $40, or wait until Mortal Kombat x.

Talk in the Official Xbox topic for more ideas.

Finished ME2 just minutes ago. That. Goddamn. Ending. Goose bumps every time.

On to ME3 tomorrow.

Man you're tearing through those motherf*ckers.

Heh, yeah, I'm surprised myself. I expected to take it much slower, but I'm just having way too much fun.

I have a vacation for the next five days and I don't have any big plans, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm done with the playthrough by next Tuesday.

Far Cry 4 is about the only thing worth it on there right now.

Some random impressions from ME3 (I haven't touched this game since 2012, so it's as new as it can be for me). Minor spoilers ahead.

- Visuals are worse than ME2, in my opinion. Environments are okay, but they lack distinctive art style previous games had, especially ME2 (intense colors coupled with shadows and dim lighting), so they feel plain and bland. Character models, especially their faces, don't feel as good as they did in ME2 either. This is just a personal feeling, but I sure do wish they "downgraded" the graphics back to ME2's state.

- The rampant Earth-centrism in first few hours is annoying. Paragon options tone it down a lot, but it still seeps into Shepard's dialogue and it almost feels out of character. "We can't leave Earth! We have to save Earth! Councillors, give us your fleets, ignore your own defenses, so we can retake Earth. Primarch, look at the destruction and suffering of your people and imagine Earth, she's way worse, really, leave your homeworld, so you can save ours." What the hell? Sure, Shepard would want Earth saved and would do her best to make it happen, but at times she acts downright stubborn and ignorant. Why does she complain about leaving Earth to get the Council's support, when she always pushed for galactic unity and understood that the war can be won only if all species work together? Why is she so annoyed that she has to get support of the leader of turian hierarchy when she always pushed for diplomacy? "I'm just a soldier, no politician." What? Since when was Shepard replaced by Master Chief?

Unless you play humanity-first Renegade Shepard (and I'm not even sure you could play that kind of character after ME1), she should value interests of other species in the galaxy and their own security against the Reapers as much as her own. Also, what does retaking Earth (if such thing is even possible) achieve? While the system is of greater interest to the Reapers than most others, in the bigger picture, it's just one of many occupied planets. I'd say that the galaxy is full of places with greater strategic importance than Earth (the Citadel, Palaven, Thessia and the salarian homeworld to name a few). I assume "retake Earth" is eventually replaced by "build the Crucible", but at this point, it's quite annoying. Shepard is just surprisingly narrow-minded and strategically inept.

Also, even from the audience's perspective, such propagation of Earth makes no sense. It's just cheap writing trick to create sympathy. It's the same cliche as children dying (wink wink). It's Earth, so you should care! Ehm, nope, I have no reason to care for Earth any more than I care for, say, Palaven or Tuchanka. Earth is just one invaded planet among thousand. It's not like in Halo 2/3 where Earth was one of the last bastions of humanity in the galaxy and losing it would mean losing the whole war. And as we played previous ME games, we learned to care for the other species as much as for humans. And we cared deeply for everyone, humans, quarians, krogan, asari... Personal spin like this is forced and unnecessary.

- And now for some good things. A lot of people were annoyed that the Reapers were build up as some invincible threat that cannot be beaten conventionally and that the galactic community just gets completely obliterated by them throughout the game. While I do think that the Reapers moved too fast and kept winning far too easily (first, our cycle had a major advantage of active mass relays and functioning central government, which alone should stall the Reapers' expanse a lot and second, the war took centuries even in the Prothean cycle, which didn't have this advantage, nor the galactic community united against the threat). On the other hand, I don't think they should have been beaten conventionally. The cycle of extinction kept repeating for millions years. What makes our cycle so special among thousands of others? I don't think it would be right if the lack of the Reapers' surprise attack was the deciding factor in their defeat and I don't believe our cycle was the only one in history that united against them in time. The Citadel plan and shutting down relays was just something the Reapers did to make their job easier. Their existence is precious, so why even risk their people in open war on all fronts against informed, coordinated and mobile enemy? But they still should be an incredible, unstoppable force of nature. Active relays and governments should be just a minor inconvenience for them.

I generally enjoy "the end of days" and "heroes facing an unbeatable threat beyond their capabilities and desperately search for solution" kind of stories and I'd say ME3 delivered in that regard. The atmosphere in the game is grim and heavy. You are reminded at every corner of how desperate the situation is and how much is at stake. You see refugees, traumatised and injured soldiers, ordinary people affected and shaken by the war. You see once proud and defiant batarians broken and driven almost to extinction. Codex entries are full of disturbing reports of the Reapers stomping whole fleets into ground. It makes for a depressing experience that wasn't seen in the series so far (ME1 was mostly a journey of discovery and ME2 was "calm before the storm" story with smaller threat), but I like it. It feels appropriate.

Edited by HaythamKenway