3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

3 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Anyone picking up Dying Light 2? Coop will probs be fun i guess. I'm just a bit unsure on it to be fair, also got Elden Ring at the end of Feb so...idk.

I was  ignoring the original Dying Light from steam for some strange reason, seen the trailer and it looks good,  I'll see about getting Dying Light enhanced edition from steam during a sale there

I don't like games that put circles around the feet of characters and show them from a distance like your moving chess pieces 

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

On 1/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, Craigsters said:

I can only  install  3 games at once on my new PC, it  came with  a terabyte drive only and the OS is on it too, and I like leaving 400 gb for the OS  and games I may install that use mods

I have to buy a external gaming hard drive, got my eye on this WD Black 2TB P10 Game Drive Portable External Hard Drive Compatible with PS4 Xbox One PC and Mac WDBA2W0020BBKWESN  there's a 5tb version too for $159.99 CAD , both are on my watch list/ wish list at amazon

seen this as well at amazon WD 14TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0140HBK-NESN,Black :inlove: I'd never fill it

Only have the following installed

assassin's creed odyssey gold edition  it's install is 108 gb

assassin's creed valhalla gold edition it's install is 98.7 gb

Far Cry 6 gold edition it's install is 110 gb

you might find this useful

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-run-your-steam-library-external-drive

or

Seems like it might be easier to add an Internal SSD or (second m.2 to your rig...if there is an open slot)

Just watched a few Alienware How to, looks easy

Edited by Failed Again

10 hours ago, Failed Again said:

or

Seems like it might be easier to add an Internal SSD or (second m.2 to your rig...if there is an open slot)

My last computer had a OS drive and a gaming drive and so the download folder for steam was on my gaming drive and  the OS  had the other Part of  steam on it, which only had two files within it, the majority of steam was on my gaming drive, but this new PC has the OS on the same drive as my gaming drive

I managed to install ten games on my new PC and still have 324gb left on  it's drive

the OS drive on my old PC was only 250gb and I used to get the message about running out of space on it a lot, learned quickly to have my passport external drive hooked up and  have the main folders for mods etc on it with just  folder shortcuts on my OS drive, My passprt was always connected and on when my old PC was on and the drive never failed me

my passport external drive  is a terabyte drive and possibly made by Western Digital, it is 4 years old now

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

2 hours ago, Craigsters said:

My last computer had a OS drive and a gaming drive and so the download folder for steam was on my gaming drive and  the OS  had the other Part of  steam on it, which only had to files within it, the majority of steam was on my gaming drive, but this new PC has the OS on the same drive as my gaming drive

I managed to install ten games on my new PC and still have 324gb left on  it's drive

the OS drive on my old PC was only 250gb and I used to get the message about running out of space on it a lot, learned quickly to have my passport external drive hooked up and  have the main folders for mods etc on it with just  folder shortcuts on my OS drive, My passprt was always connected and on when my old PC was on and the drive never failed me

my passport external drive  is a terabyte drive and possibly made by Western Digital, it is 4 years old now

Well best to you..Game on🤟

• 2 weeks later...

Phil Spenser. getting Lifetime achievement award:

Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer to receive Lifetime Achievement Award at 25th DICE Awards

The award will be presented by Bethesda Game Studios' creative director Todd Howard.

Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer to receive Lifetime Achievement Award at 25th DICE Awards | Windows Central

Someone bested my myPitfall highscore.  Now I have to return and get back on top.

r44acj0.png

• Like 1

I hate when that happens, back in my Atari Mega ST4 days I had a friend play on my machine, and He still has top score🙃

Glad it's in storage

PacMan

Edited by Failed Again

Live shot of my living room MAME box.  My wife and I had a DigDug highscrore battle for awhile.  She's up hours earlier so I'd wake up to her having highscore.  Then I'd beat it at night so she'd have to wake up and see it.  Eventually she stopped playing because she is far too competitive and can't bear to lose.

qqUCrnV.jpg

Holy sh*t I didn't realize that PS3 downloads and game installs were this atrocious. I also bought GT 5 and 6 because those are two of the three games I'm interested in playing and those are some of the worst in terms of install times lol. I also don't know if I can adjust to the PS controller for racing games. The joysticks are placed in such a wrong position. It feels completely unnatural and uncomfortable.

The Audiophile Thread

XB271HU | TESORO Gram XS | Xtrfy MZ1 | Xbox Elite v2 | Hifiman Sundara | Fiio K9 Pro

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro

On 2/12/2022 at 10:56 AM, trip said:

Live shot of my living room MAME box.  My wife and I had a DigDug highscrore battle for awhile.  She's up hours earlier so I'd wake up to her having highscore.  Then I'd beat it at night so she'd have to wake up and see it.  Eventually she stopped playing because she is far too competitive and can't bear to lose.

qqUCrnV.jpg

Wait I just spotted the RGB lighting with raytraced reflections on coffee table. Nice

Something something Twitter something something... So, I had to take a picture of my D&D dice circa 1979(maybe 1980).  I was a DM back in 'the day'.

Gaming before video games.

*The 3 is not in this pic and has to be somewhere.  I just didn't look crazy hard when I dug these out this morn.

WYzZrOy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

5876e95f25279dbc0196fdac809ac612.png

How the hell is this game worth $30 and have such a high positive rating?

I have a feeling this game is played mostly by kids and teenagers who want to try and mimick their favorite YouTuber or something but this game sure as hell isn't worth $30 and the rating it has judging by mostly negative comments

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
On 1/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, Failed Again said:

or

If you haven't yet get the 5TB as the 2TB will fill up very quickly, I have two 2TB External Hard Drives one's an SSD and one's a regular and the SSD filled up quickly and my other one is almost halfway full.

But i bought a 4TB Internal WD Gaming Hard Drive yesterday to replace the 1TB HD already in my computer so I can free up some of my USB ports

• Like 1

Semaj 2JZ♢

I'm a little to the game of Dragon Ball X2, but tonight I actually found a decent random player to get some stuff done with. Even had some decent conversation. It was rather refreshing...just thought I'd share.

assassin's creed valhalla pc dawn of ragnarok  well be released today, it's installing for me as we speak

guerilla_man

played Ghost Recon based in fighting a russian invasion in ukraine. I don’t understand how Tom Glancy predicted this. Most realistic combat war game I ever played. Very difficult to play. You have alpha and Bravo squad. You get to command them . I Loved this game when I first played it on ps2. 

Edited by guerilla_man

Starfield still being the most interesting release for me this year. I just hope it meets the Nov date.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Starfield still being the most interesting release for me this year. I just hope it meets the Nov date.

Watched that earlier and the part about them feeling that the more mainstream playerbase is ready now for a return to CRPG style character building definitely piqued my interest.

Also a sneaky little in-game clip there, visually looking very solid.

SpaceBeagle

today I was in a good mood, it is a fine sunny spring day after bunch of cold ones... so as I was also in a bit of 'spacy' mood (watched Raised by wolves recently) I visited couple of space games sites to see what's new, and over at Star Citizen I saw one of 'warbonds' special priced starter packs - and I had bite that bullet 😁

...I'm downloading/installing right now and all I'll have to say is - FK RSI & their GAME! It takes forever become this games 'installer' is literary copying 150.000 separate files ONE BY ONE... absolutely unbelievable how slow and dumb is this 😂

I think that RDR2, which is twice in size, would be done already... and I have 70k more files to 'copy' 😄

I see Far Cry 6 has a free weekend. It's on EGL mind you, or ubi connect. Comes with that Stranger Things crossover or something?

Seems a significant portion of Elder Scrolls/Bethesda fans don't like fast travel I've read some opinions saying one reason Morrowind is more immersive (and thus better) than Skyrim is no fast travel. It may be so but I think fast travel is a godsend one of my least favourite parts about Morrowind was the travel it got tedious for me at times.  There was the silt strider and boat ferrys but they wouldn't take you everywhere and cost money which is more immersive definitely but for a casual like me I definitely prefer the fast travel in the newer games. 

even in GTA i really liked how taxis work as fast travel in the HD era, somehow here I dont mind paying for fast travel lol unlike Morrowind. I guess taxis can take you pretty much anywhere you want to go unlike silt striders

Edited by AkshayKumar
  • Like 1

JP0cYXG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Algonquin Assassin

Didn’t know where else to put this, but after 3 decades of gaming I finally bought my first Nintendo console. A white Switch OLED last week.

I’ve owned a GBA and DS, but never a home console. It’s weird for how many years I’ve been gaming that I know very little about Nintendo generally speaking. I got Breath of the Wild, Deadly Premonition 2 and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered and just been playing those.

I even got the 7 day trial for online to get access to the NES and SNES libraries on there and play games I never played as a kid or are simply too hard to track down and are expensive on the retro market.

Now I feel complete as a gamer lol. Started with Atari and Sega before becoming more of a PlayStation guy and Xbox to a lesser extent. I thought as I became older that maybe my desire to try different things would burn out. Apparently not.

Anyway love the Switch. It has the same black and white scheme as my PS5. Looks so cute.😛😉

Boardwalk Empire Episode 2.1 Review - That Shelf

7 hours ago, AkshayKumar said:

Seems a significant portion of Elder Scrolls/Bethesda fans don't like fast travel I've read some opinions saying one reason Morrowind is more immersive (and thus better) than Skyrim is no fast travel. It may be so but I think fast travel is a godsend one of my least favourite parts about Morrowind was the travel it got tedious for me at times.  There was the silt strider and boat ferrys but they wouldn't take you everywhere and cost money which is more immersive definitely but for a casual like me I definitely prefer the fast travel in the newer games. 

even in GTA i really liked how taxis work as fast travel in the HD era, somehow here I dont mind paying for fast travel lol unlike Morrowind. I guess taxis can take you pretty much anywhere you want to go unlike silt striders

I'm so-so on fast travel. I am tired of how reliant games are on it but I think my main issue is how boring traversal is in a lot of open world games.

If they made traversal fun and interesting then I'd use fast travel systems much less. GW2 is a good example of this for me, not using fast travel in that game is nigh impossible due to the size of the map but within the zones I'll rarely use fast travel cause the mounts are so much fun to use there. ESO is the complete opposite, where I use fast travel as much as possible because the mounts there feel like fast versions of your character and nothing more.

One of the things I liked about Black Desert Online was the lack of fast travel, traversal wasn't "fun" on it's own there hence why you were able to autorun to locations via the roads but if you needed to cross a lake or ocean you either needed a boat or had to catch a ride from a ferry or a player. For an MMO I think that works well as it encourages social interactions.

• Like 2

Mister Pink
On 3/28/2022 at 5:53 AM, AkshayKumar said:

I'm on the fence with fast-travel too but mostly lean towards it positively. I mean, every time I use it, it's extremely convenient and often gives a sense of relief when performing certain more mundane tasks. Or you forgot to pick X up at Y location and you remember you need to travel back. However, every time I use it in a game like Skyrim or Fallout, a little bit of the immersive moment gets chipped away at for me. Basically, overusing it and it seems like I'm not living in the world but really just playing a gamey game.  

I think this is mostly mitigated by having to discover a place first before you can fast travel there. I notice I use fast-travel a lot more with ease in Fallout 4 and Skyrim. I had a friend that used to completely ignore fast-travel in Skyrim. I can see how it helps living more in an immersive way the world. I would say the map remains quite big relatively speaking when you only travel by horse or foot. 

RDR2 is a game I rarely, if not ever use fast travel. 

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

In open world games it helps having a fast mode of transportation. For example, having a horse in RDR2 with roads that are easy to follow and remember encourages not using fast travel, it also helped that to you can't just fast travel from anywhere. I don't remember if Saints Row IV had fast travel, but I know I never used it because just running and flying towards the waypoint was way more fun.

Failed Again

Fallout 76 news....

Double Eleven has announced that it's working with "Bethesda Game Studios to create new challenges for players of Fallout 76." The announcement comes via a blog post on Double Eleven's website, which says that the two companies began talking in late 2020, and the subsequent content will be added to Fallout 76 later this year.

lots of chatter on internet if you're interested

Double Eleven is a British video game developer and video game publisher based in Middlesbrough. It was founded by former Rockstar Games developers, Lee Hutchinson and Matt Shepcar, in June 2009. 

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 1

SpaceBeagle

I discovered on my own that ladies (of female type) are not wearing panties at all under skirts in Watch Dogs 2 😳

(I googled it, and thingz was more graphics back when game was 'fresh & new'... and I dont want to investigate this any further 😁)

Fallout 3- quest choice

Spoiler

disarm the bomb or blow up megaton?

I want to play as a goody two shoes but something is so tempting about pulling the trigger...

maybe I should see if i can join the atom cult first? I did get spoiled about the fact that different people will periodically hunt you down no matter what you choose so maybe this quest isnt worth the hassle, I am leaning towards doing nothing for now

• Like 1

JP0cYXG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Failed Again

E3 2022 is cancelled, but a comeback is planned for 2023

E3 2022 is cancelled, but a comeback is planned for 2023 | PC Gamer

just when you think things might be ok.

US Senators call out 'unacceptable' lack of accountability for Bobby Kotick in Microsoft buyout

Senators Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, and Sheldon Whitehouse also worry the buyout could damage unionization efforts.

US Senators call out 'unacceptable' lack of accountability for Bobby Kotick in Microsoft buyout | PC Gamer

Edited by Failed Again