3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

15 minutes ago, Craigsters said:

I asked steam for a refund on a game I purchased last year, it is dishonored 2, all the ingame menu's are in a fancy handwriting calligraphy I can't read, I only paid $24 CAD for the game and only played it for 21 minutes, do you think they will refund it?

I applied for the refund already and await steams response

Unlikely. Their refund policy states that you have to have no more than 2 hours of playtime and 2 weeks of ownership. 

They're sometimes lenient with it. I got a refund for The Elder Scrolls Online despite having played it on record for 3 hours. But you have had the game for a year so that's more than just an hour difference.

Might I ask you why you didn't like Dishonored 2 by the way? It's one of my personal favourite games of the past half decade. If they don't accept your refund request, it's always worth it to give the game another shot. 

Edit: I read the part of your post where you said you didn't like the font. An understandable critique but is it worth it to refund the game over? 

Edited by Heisenberg_
read your post again

14 minutes ago, Heisenberg_ said:

Unlikely. Their refund policy states that you have to have no more than 2 hours of playtime and 2 weeks of ownership. 

They're sometimes lenient with it. I got a refund for The Elder Scrolls Online despite having played it on record for 3 hours. But you have had the game for a year so that's more than just an hour difference.

Might I ask you why you didn't like Dishonored 2 by the way? It's one of my personal favourite games of the past half decade. If they don't accept your refund request, it's always worth it to give the game another shot. 

Edit: I read the part of your post where you said you didn't like the font. An understandable critique but is it worth it to refund the game over? 

Even the game controller prompt options are in handwriting , which I have a hard time reading, it's my dyslexia 

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

3 minutes ago, Craigsters said:

Even the game controller prompt options are in handwriting , which I have a hard time reading, it's my dyslexia 

That's a fair criticism. When I first played the game several years ago, the fonts used to hurt my head to read too and from what I can tell I don't have any form of dyslexia. For dyslexics it is likely a much greater issue. 

Steam said no to my  dishonored 2 refund

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

I posted in the recent purchases thread that I was stoked to play Halo again after purchasing it on Steam. I'm regretting posting that.

Halo MCC on PC is dead. It's not as active as it was earlier this year and I found more matches on the original Halo Reach on my 360 earlier this year than I do on MCC PC on both Halo 3 and Reach! 

Maybe I just need to wait for the weekend for more people to hop online. I'm not refunding this game as I will likely get hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of the campaign and Halo 3 is in my mind one of the best games ever made, but still, I'm rather saddened to see that Halo is dead once again. I would've expected Infinite to draw in a larger playerbase. 

Is MCC more active on Xbox One? 

EDIT: Disregard everything I just said. I finally found my match of Infection although it took a minute. I'm just impatient.

Edited by Heisenberg_

last week my Alien: Isolation, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens vs. Predator games all had the saga logo on the steam images in my steam library and now the saga logo's are gone, I wonder what happened with the images?

Credit to RacingFreak for finding this:

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/001496090

"The Getaway" has just been trademarked today, following rumours that the franchise might be revived:

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/sony-trademark-soho-engine-suggesting-a-revival-of-the-getaway-aDUUO7y2uava

Of course, they've shown us so many teasers and trailers over the years that it'll most likely amount to nothing. Until a gameplay trailer comes out a year or two from now we won't know for sure.

23 hours ago, Heisenberg_ said:

I posted in the recent purchases thread that I was stoked to play Halo again after purchasing it on Steam. I'm regretting posting that.

Halo MCC on PC is dead. It's not as active as it was earlier this year and I found more matches on the original Halo Reach on my 360 earlier this year than I do on MCC PC on both Halo 3 and Reach! 

Maybe I just need to wait for the weekend for more people to hop online. I'm not refunding this game as I will likely get hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of the campaign and Halo 3 is in my mind one of the best games ever made, but still, I'm rather saddened to see that Halo is dead once again. I would've expected Infinite to draw in a larger playerbase. 

Is MCC more active on Xbox One? 

EDIT: Disregard everything I just said. I finally found my match of Infection although it took a minute. I'm just impatient.

I don't think its dead, not for a while anyway as we're still waiting for Halo 4 to be released. Speaking of Halo 4, I'd imagine that's where the regular players have gone as Halo 4 is currently flighting (I think). I haven't played multiplayer yet and I don't really plan to. I'm more than happy with the campaigns. Don't we have cross play with the consoles anyway, or am I mistaking MCC with something else?

Also (unpopular opinion coming), I don't think Infinite will have as much as an impact on the gaming industry (plus the Xbox platform and Halo in general) as people think it will, it isn't the Halo OT (1, 2 and 3) and the constant bad press (game directors leaving, some cosmetic skin malarkey and more MS meddling) and 343i's terrible practices will most likely keep people away unfortunately - Bungie loyalists/fans like me anyway. If anything, MCC PC has probably jeopardised Infinite's chances of becoming a success, as everyone is reminded what brilliant storytelling Bungie were capable of. With those stories fresh in people's minds, its kind of put 343i between a rock and a hard place. I don't think they'll be able to handle the pressure IMO. I would love to be proven wrong, however.

(I'm saving most of my opinion for the unpopular gaming opinions topic.)

Edited by Riqitch8

• 2 weeks later...

my text document is  psychic

I was making a change in a text document to add weapons to my game by console for fallout 3 and I had to change the first 2 digits xx to 09 and both were already typed to be changed without me having to do so, both boxes had the entry's in them already

• 4 weeks later...
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Wonder if i'll be fired for this....

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
  • KEKW 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder the steam Winter sale is on

I bought two games on sale, A Plague Tale Innocence and ghost of a tale at $34.28 CAD 

Edited by Craigsters

I haven't bought any games on Steam recently because they always end up on Xbox Game Pass a week after I buy it.

Here is some of what is on the XGP. It's shocking just how great a value it is, and I just got 3 months for $1 USD. Steam sales are good, but not this good.

- A Plague Tale: Innocence
- Age of Empires Definitive Edition
- Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition
- Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition
- Alan Wake
- Alien: Isolation
- Among Us
- ARK: Survival Evolved
- Astroneer
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2
- Battletech
- Broforce
- Carrion
- Cities: Skylines
- Company of Heroes 2: Complete Collection
- Crackdown 3
- Crusader Kings 3
- Darksiders Genesis
- Dead By Daylight
- Dead Cells
- Deep Rock Galactic
- Deliver Us The Moon
- Dishonored 2
- Don't Starve: Giant Edition
- DOOM Eternal
- Drake Hollow
- Endless Legend
- Endless Space 2: Deluxe Edition
- Europa Universalis IV
- F1 2019
- Fallout 76
- Farming Simulator 17
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy XV
- For The King
- Forager
- Forza Horizon 4
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Frostpunk
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
- Gears of War 4
- Gears of War 5: Ultimate Edition
- Gears Tactics
- Golf With Your Friends
- GreedFall
- Grim Fandango Remastered
- Gris
- Grounded
- Halo: CE Anniversary
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo 3
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo 4
- Halo Reach
- Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Spartan Strike
- Hearts of Iron IV
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- Hello Neighbor
- Hollow Knight
- Hotline Miami
- Human Fall Flat
- Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War
- MotoGP 20
- Mount & Blade Warband
- Moving Out
- My Friend Pedro
- My Time At Portia
- No Man's Sky
- Observation
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Overcooked! 2
- Phoenix Point
- Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition
- RAGE 2
- ReCore
- Resident Evil 7
- Rise Of Nations: Extended Edition
- Sea of Thieves
- Shadow Warrior 2
- Slay The Spire
- Starbound
- State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition
- Stellaris
- Subnautica
- Sunset Overdrive
- Surviving Mars
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
- The Bards Tale Trilogy
- The Long Dark
- The Outer Worlds
- The Surge 2
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
- Trailmakers
- Two Point Hospital
- Wasteland Remastered
- Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
- Wasteland 3
- We Happy Few
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood
- World War Z
- Yakuza 0
- Yakuza Kiwami
- Yakuza Kiwami 2

• Like 1

IPMBMBAP

I’m really wanting to pick up a Nintendo Switch, but I can’t help but notice the lack of a new Super Mario Galaxy title. I loved watching playthroughs of that game on YouTube and would love to see a new one so I can finally have a go at it. It looks like they’re re-releasing SMG2 and already released SMG1 in a bundle, which is a good start.

VWSTp.png

Space Cowboy
2 hours ago, Flachbau said:

I’m really wanting to pick up a Nintendo Switch, but I can’t help but notice the lack of a new Super Mario Galaxy title. I loved watching playthroughs of that game on YouTube and would love to see a new one so I can finally have a go at it. It looks like they’re re-releasing SMG2 and already released SMG1 in a bundle, which is a good start.

To my knowledge Galaxy 2 wasn't confirmed yet and sadly SMG1 looks like a "time release" according to Nintendo - that is, it is available to purchase just for some time and then it's gone forever.

From their site:

The physical version of Super Mario 3D All-Stars (released Sept. 18) will continue to be shipped to retailers and available for purchase through March 31, 2021 or while supplies last. The digital edition will be available through March 31, 2

Wanted to get SMG1 one too, but I don't want to pay full price for ports of 3 old games...especially since I am not that interested in other 2. Aand Nintendo games are rarely on sale and this collection is almost gone lol.

• 3 weeks later...

hoVsKpk.jpg

I've come to appreciate the original xbox game cases. I loved the green gave it a nice unique look compared to the other cases on other consoles at the time. Unfortunately I never really appreciated my time with my Xbox I was the only kid in my area who had one everybody else had a gamecube or a PS2 and my parents didn't really want me playing M rated games so I was forced to play some very crappy ones. So I ended up asking for a gamecube and got super excited when I got one of those. It's only now that I realized that was dumb as the Xbox was the most powerful console around at the time.

• Like 2

^

The nostalgia gamers get to experience never ends.  I also think that being a gamer adds extra layers of nostalgia to one's life.  It's nice.  

I'm playing the Dead Rising series straight through right now and using it to write an essay on game IQ and how it doesn’t really scale properly with technology...if at all.  

Double posting because I feel the need to share my little story.  

I'm plowing through the Dead Rising series (for a particular reason) and this gave me a nice chuckle last night.

It just so happens that I have an old wall mount jukebox in my kitchen.

Here is a still shot to counter my 10 second YT clip above.

xfr0M4g.jpg

Edited by trip

I bought The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition on sale ages ago, and never got around to playing it. 

I played it before on 360 (the standard game) So now I finished Cyberpunk I thought I'd jump in and start it again. 

So far it has crashed 4 times, and just now the audio completely cut out (had to restart)

I know this game and all Bethesda games can be glitchy, but I've had more issues in the 4 hours of playing this than the entirety of my Cyberpunk playthrough. I know there are mods that can help, but Jesus. I had less issues with the original than this.

Really killed my vibe and immersion having to restart basically every hour. 

• Like 1

SIG-2.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 7:18 PM, LittleBlueTroll said:

So far it has crashed 4 times, and just now the audio completely cut out (had to restart)

I fixed this in the end, now I am able to enjoy it as nature intended. 

Had to verify game files and then it was fine. Which is odd as it was installed on a brand new SSD for the first time the day I played. 

But hey-ho, it works. 

SIG-2.jpg

• 1 month later...
Mister Pink

This is hilarious!

EDIT: 

Anyone remember Black? It's on Game Pass Ultimate now at 60fps. 

Edited by Mister Pink

• 3 weeks later...

My f*cking PS4 somehow managed to bust itself. Haven't touched it for months as I main Xbox. There was sound but no picture. Tried switching to the HDMI my Xbox used but nope. I have a used ancient 360 that still works if I plug it in. Really disappointed. I binned the receipt as well a few months ago.

Just popping in to share a fun article about all the cheesy handhelds that tried to compete with Nintendo back in the Gameboy days.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/game-com-cometh-rise-fall-050000747.html

Worth a bathroom read IMO.

• Like 1

Mister Pink
2 hours ago, trip said:

Just popping in to share a fun article about all the cheesy handhelds that tried to compete with Nintendo back in the Gameboy days.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/game-com-cometh-rise-fall-050000747.html

Worth a bathroom read IMO.

I was the proud owner of a Game Boy back in '91. I also had a bunch of peripherals including a magnifying glass attachment to make the screen bigger as well as an add on speaker that clipped into the bottom. I remember the same year in school, one of the older kids in the playground walking around with earphones playing a Sega Game Gear. This was crazy for a kid because apparently you could watch TV on it! That was insane at the time. There wasn't really such thing as mobile TV back then. I remember another kid telling me that feature. I couldn't believe it. In fact, I just google it there to see if it was true because I never seen it in action. 

1024px-Sega-Game-Gear-wTv-Tuner.jpg

Lemoyne outlaw

has anyone heard of the back 4 blood game coming later this year? its made by the left 4 dead developers. since there are no other games that i planned on getting. this is the only game in interested in. what does everyone think about it? i saw mixed opinions so far.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 4:59 AM, Lemoyne outlaw said:

has anyone heard of the back 4 blood game coming later this year? its made by the left 4 dead developers. since there are no other games that i planned on getting. this is the only game in interested in. what does everyone think about it? i saw mixed opinions so far.

From the little I saw of it I got basically got the very strong impression that they took L4D, shamelessly copied the formula down to the letter (or reused it, depending on your PoV) and sprinkled in some wacky bosses like giant trolls. So overall, I thought it looked pretty bad.

L4D1 and 2 still hold up fairly well especially with custom campaigns for fresh levels, so I'd rather play them. Or World War Z, which is more chaotic and has some grindy progression but is good fun as well, and it's on Games Pass PC and console.

Mister Pink

Apparently Back 4 Blood is the same dev team, they just don't own the Left For Dead name/IP. So, it's not really copying a formula, just using their own style creation under a different name. 

I was never really into zombies and didn't play a broad spectrum of games back in the Left For Dead days but things have changed and I think it looks pretty solid. I love a good co-op game so I'm going to give it a go. 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

Apparently Back 4 Blood is the same dev team, they just don't own the Left For Dead name/IP. So, it's not really copying a formula, just using their own style creation under a different name. 

The same dev team who have flopped every single time they didn't work with Valve, remember Evolve? That's these guys lol.

The talent is at Valve and my issue with Turtle Rock copying the formula isn't cause I see it as any form of stealing but more so that we've got several games with that exact formula, and they're great, so evolve it, do something new, and this looks identical except rougher around the edges in every single way with some wacky, out of place bosses.

Mister Pink
1 hour ago, Jason said:

The same dev team who have flopped every single time they didn't work with Valve, remember Evolve? That's these guys lol.

The talent is at Valve and my issue with Turtle Rock copying the formula isn't cause I see it as any form of stealing but more so that we've got several games with that exact formula, and they're great, so evolve it, do something new, and this looks identical except rougher around the edges in every single way with some wacky, out of place bosses.

Fair enough, was just pointing it out. If the talent truly wasn't them and 2K couldn't help them for Evolve well this is now under WB, maybe that WB cash laying around will give them something better to work with.  I don't know.  For those of us that didn't play L4D, it's something new-ish.  L4D is like nearly 13 years ago. There's a whole new generation that are 20 years old now that would have been 7 years old when the original was released.

Edited by Mister Pink