3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

Need some help. Would you recommend Saint's Row III or Saint's Row IV? I'm not interested in the story, I'm more interested in the amount of things to do/how fun they are.

Need some help. Would you recommend Saint's Row III or Saint's Row IV? I'm not interested in the story, I'm more interested in the amount of things to do/how fun they are.

There is content, but it becomes pretty repetitive after a while. But if you can get them cheap, go for it.

HaythamKenway

Saints Row IV is definitely worth picking up. It's like as if Prototype and Crackdown had a baby. I'd probably avoid SR:TT, unless you can get it really dirt cheap. It's not a bad game (fantastic missions), but it's a major downgrade from both SR2 and SR IV.

SR IV was originally intended to be a DLC for SR:TT :/

I like TT more but its personal preference.I am looking for a cheap PS4 bundle...anyone got any ideas?

Ai®a©ob®a

If you want to buy Saint's Row on PC check it out now as it's on sale with Steam's Summer Sale

Presidential

Was just checking my e-mail and i got accepted to be in the Close Beta of Tirade War which is suppose to be a spin-off of Sleeping Dogs & True Crime series.

Update: So this game plays just like Sleeping Dog does pretty much same controls and everything but this time you can choose which tirade you want to join 18K, Sow Won E and ect.

Here is some gameplay i took while messing around with it last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3R8rrTttIs&feature=youtu.be

Liked the video. Thanks for sharing.

I've been loosely following the game, but haven't watched any gameplay up until now. It looks great. It really expands on the universe that Sleeping Dogs set up and gives us another chance to visit the excellent Hong Kong. I'm still sort of sad that they didn't simply create a full sequel to Sleeping Dogs. I would've loved that even more, most likely.

Here some more gameplay footage...

It looks like this game is going to be entirely online and is a mix between Sleeping Dogs & an IOS game where you raid other players once you've raided a certian player wheater you were successful in a full raid or just making off with their rackets you can't raid anybody again for 2 1/2 hours.

There is also a "Buy Gold" feature but as of right now gold is only used to buy "Favors"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UGSDQ_tC-o&feature=youtu.be

I like the sound of it being Online. Anymore information on the Online mode? Like, have you tested it or anything?

Why in the world is there no "No Man's Sky" thread here yet? :panic:

I'm hesitating on making a thread for it, because I am simply not capable of writing a good info thread, someone please spare me from having to make one.

Edited by Kratos2000

huh. yes well thank you I've seen that from a quick googling session. Outdated, isn't it?

Isn't there strict necrobumping rules against bumping that thing?

On a sidenote - I can't help but thinking if, theoretically, I would've asked about a 4 year old game, would you have responded with a buried thread from 2011, saying "oh heys google's ur friend"?

Edited by Kratos2000

Richard Power Colt

huh. yes well thank you I've seen that from a quick googling session. Outdated, isn't it?

On a sidenote - I can't help but thinking if, theoretically, I would've asked about a 4 year old game, would you have responded with a buried thread from 2011, saying "oh heys google's ur friend"?

Already bumped it.

Nah, necroing is only frowned upon if you bump the thread with a pointless post.

And if a thread's old enough, if it wasn't popular then starting a new thread is usually okay.

And yet games with the Nazi swastika remain in their store. Makes a whole lot of sense.

Edited by W2B

Hey guys,

Basically I am in need of a relaxing game. Something that can help you relax after a long day. I'm playing darkest hour and it is fun but it requires a lot of thinking.

The game(s) in question should be quite old as I will be installing them on my old pc. (Pentium dual core 2ghz, 1GB ram, XP, Intel card) I'd prefer it if they are open world like gta.

Thanks in advance. :)

You should just download one of those really old RollerCoaster Tycoon games, haha. They're always pretty fun to play.

MikeyBelic

Starting to consider going next gen but kind of disappointed with the lack of options with consoles. The biggest option we get with the PS4 is 500GB yet games coming out are massive? Theres no option even for a 12gb PS4 we can modify with our own HDD. Starting to think Sony didn't even realize how big the potential for development was on the PS4 and were focusing more on looks and getting it out for summer sales.

Advice guys? I'd like to have a console for the generation that I won't have to worry about with its space.

You could seriously consider a PC, especially if it's options you're after. You can build one for pretty much the same price as a console yet it's more powerful, they're easy enough to build, and you get a ton of options.

PhillBellic

You could seriously consider a PC, especially if it's options you're after. You can build one for pretty much the same price as a console yet it's more powerful, they're easy enough to build, and you get a ton of options.

Also there's another reason to go down the PC Route. Modding of the Games is a nice Side Feature. :)

Richard Power Colt

Starting to consider going next gen but kind of disappointed with the lack of options with consoles. The biggest option we get with the PS4 is 500GB yet games coming out are massive? Theres no option even for a 12gb PS4 we can modify with our own HDD. Starting to think Sony didn't even realize how big the potential for development was on the PS4 and were focusing more on looks and getting it out for summer sales.

Advice guys? I'd like to have a console for the generation that I won't have to worry about with its space.

I think there was some leak or something about a 1tb PS4, but I'd always just recommend getting a PC for the most extensive gaming experience. Consoles are just more user-friendly and comfortable. Edited by GTAandStuff

So my local gamestop has a once in a while deal where if I trade in my PS3 slim 120GB, I get $150 toward a next gen console. My mom saw this and wants to take advantage of this, which ends 7/12; she just has to pay $249.00. Do I deactivate my PS3 and re-format (delete everything and it goes back to when you first turn it on), or do they do that when I trade it in? Here is a pic of the deal v5fz791xo3uyl5szg.jpg

Edited by IIOctaneII

They did it when I traded in my PS4. Then they try out and install a game. The only thing is that you slow the whole store down. :p

Craigsters
Steam community discussion thread for windows 7 solution was to find the games exe and run it as admin, all my PC has admin privileges and all my games have had that privilege so far, I ended up uninstalling the game!..

The aliens died the same way as the enemy's in Serious Sam 3: BFE and I'd rather play that and get a chuckle at the creatures BFE has

I also have Aliens vs predators and that crashed to the desktop when more then one enemy was on screen

I couldn't bring up the task-manager to stop aliens colonial marines fast enough because it re-launched so quickly, I had to cold stop or start my PC and then uninstalled aliens colonial marines so it wouldn't relaunch when I open steam!.

update

I got the game to work after i posted about the re-launch issue at another forum I frequent and the advice was this

quote steam link friend posted at other forum

I had the same problem and found a solution on the gearbox forums. If you are running Windows 7 like I am, go to the following location: Local Disk>Programs>Steam>SteamApps>common>Aliens Colonial Marines>Binaries>Win32

On the Win32 folder right click on the ACM.exe (the very first item on that folder, with the ACM logo) and go to properties then compatibility and check the box at the bottom that says run this program as administrator. Apply then exit. Windows will ask you if you want to run the program every time you launch the game, but it will solve all your problems, you can even play it on fullscreen and have no issues at all. Hope this helps everyone like it helped me.

end quote

the above quoted worked, I'm on Windows 8.1

Edited by Craigsters

MikeyBelic

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'd like to get a gaming PC but I really can't afford a exceptionally good one, that's why I'm going to go with a console. I want to get a proper deal PC one day but it'll be awhile before I'd feel comfortable making that kind of purchase. For a PC that'll do everything you'd want it to do you'd be looking at 1.5 - 3k right?

Also another question guys, though I've gotta go through TLoU and Arkham City before its relevant. I purchased Mass Effect 3 a few months ago and you guys recommended I should play the first two before I try it, however it seems almost impossible to track down the first with a physical copy without buying a trilogy, should I just give in and go with a digital download?

Hey guys,

Basically I am in need of a relaxing game. Something that can help you relax after a long day. I'm playing darkest hour and it is fun but it requires a lot of thinking.

The game(s) in question should be quite old as I will be installing them on my old pc. (Pentium dual core 2ghz, 1GB ram, XP, Intel card) I'd prefer it if they are open world like gta.

Thanks in advance. :)

You know what could work for you (if you're still looking for that game)? Heroes of Might and Magic 2 or 3. I find those two games to be engaging, but at the same time, relaxing as well.

HaythamKenway

Also another question guys, though I've gotta go through TLoU and Arkham City before its relevant. I purchased Mass Effect 3 a few months ago and you guys recommended I should play the first two before I try it, however it seems almost impossible to track down the first with a physical copy without buying a trilogy, should I just give in and go with a digital download?

For the 360 or PS3? I don't think the first Mass Effect ever came out standalone on PS3. It was originally a Microsoft exclusive and they only released it later as a part of a trilogy bundle.

If it's 360, then it's pretty weird you're not running into any physicals. I re-bought a 360 copy of ME1 cheap few months ago and local stores have plenty of them lying around.

For a PC that'll do everything you'd want it to do you'd be looking at 1.5 - 3k right?

Nope, you can get one for basically the same price as a console that has the same or better performance. Of course, the more you pay the more you get - high end build start at around $1400 or so, and those will last for many years before needing anything done to them and still playing at high settings, but that's often overkill. If you want, head to the technology section, state your budget, and they'll help ya out.

Nope, you can get one for basically the same price as a console that has the same or better performance. Of course, the more you pay the more you get - high end build start at around $1400 or so, and those will last for many years before needing anything done to them and still playing at high settings, but that's often overkill. If you want, head to the technology section, state your budget, and they'll help ya out.

Similar performance for similar price is quite difficult to achieve here in Aus. Tech prices are, shall we say, a touch excessive. Unless you've got the patience to wait for things on sale, that is.

Still better to go with the custom built PC if you've got a bit more budget playing room though of course.

Edited by ¥en

Craigsters

Every time I go to play Max Payne 3 - I get all nervous and nauseated and sweaty palms whenever I play it, maybe it's the shaky camera effect??

Edited by Craigsters

Every time I go to play Max Payne 3 - I get all nervous and nauseated and sweaty palms whenever I play it, maybe it's the shaky camera effect??

Does this happen when you play other games?

Craigsters

Just that one, it uses motion blur effect and bullet time and that weird 3d effect when you don't have 3d glasses on

Max is a alcohol and pill popper I believe and R* wants you to experience it too

Edited by Craigsters