Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,120 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Hit by Lightning

The Gaming Chat Café

OurJud

Why don't 'cheats' mean what they used to?? You look up cheats for a game now, and all you get is stuff like 'StealthMan: Kill 20 enemies by stealth alone to gain this trophy."

That's not a cheat!! A cheat is: 'Unlimited ammo: Press up, up, left, right, right, down, up.'

Presidential

That's why I'm glad Cheat Engine is a thing. Can't go wrong with good ole Cheat Engine. Or a trainer for the matter.

KilnerLUFC

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/31/16958066/nintendo-mario-kart-tour-smartphone-app-game-announced

Finally Nintendo realizes nobody wants to buy portables anymore, jumping on the smartphone wagon.

The Nintendo Switch has been doing really well.

It is but it's not their go-to handheld. The DS is and not sure how well it did with their recent release but glad to see they're bringing some games to mobile.

You do realise that they haven't even announced what it will be, right? Yeah, 90% chance it's going to be a game, but even if that's the case, is it really going to be a fully-fledged Mario Kart title, or just some cheap spin-off like Mario Run?

Why don't 'cheats' mean what they used to?? You look up cheats for a game now, and all you get is stuff like 'StealthMan: Kill 20 enemies by stealth alone to gain this trophy."

That's not a cheat!! A cheat is: 'Unlimited ammo: Press up, up, left, right, right, down, up.'

I actually miss the days of digging up cheat codes (and yes, even the days of writing them on paper in an IT lesson because you had no internet at home) and having to inut them, usually resulting in some insane f*cked up sh*t happening. Still remember feeling chuffed when I managed to fly a tank around Liberty City...

GTA3Rockstar

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/31/16958066/nintendo-mario-kart-tour-smartphone-app-game-announced

Finally Nintendo realizes nobody wants to buy portables anymore, jumping on the smartphone wagon.

It is but it's not their go-to handheld. The DS is and not sure how well it did with their recent release but glad to see they're bringing some games to mobile.

You do realise that they haven't even announced what it will be, right? Yeah, 90% chance it's going to be a game, but even if that's the case, is it really going to be a fully-fledged Mario Kart title, or just some cheap spin-off like Mario Run?

So what would the 10% be if it isn't a game? lol

Doesn't matter if it's a spin off like Mario Run, I'm sure it will be like any handheld Mario kart they've released. It's a start, and I'll take it.

KilnerLUFC

So what would the 10% be if it isn't a game? lol

Doesn't matter if it's a spin off like Mario Run, I'm sure it will be like any handheld Mario kart they've released. It's a start, and I'll take it.

The 10% was me trying to throw a point in, but yeah, it's definitely going to be a game of some sort. I'm just trying to be negative 'cos I hate mobile gaming.

GTA3Rockstar

The 10% was me trying to throw a point in, but yeah, it's definitely going to be a game of some sort. I'm just trying to be negative 'cos I hate mobile gaming.

lol why do you hate it?

Mobile gaming makes up for nearly 50% of the video game market, then console and then pc.

It was just dumb that Nintendo continued to make handheld devices, when nearly everyone already has a phone.

OurJud

Why is the animation for cutscenes in first-person games always so laboured and slow? It's like the character is moving in slow-motion

KilnerLUFC

lol why do you hate it?

Mobile gaming makes up for nearly 50% of the video game market, then console and then pc.

It was just dumb that Nintendo continued to make handheld devices, when nearly everyone already has a phone.

Nintendo made a hybrid though, not a 100% handheld. They still pretty much dominate the handheld gaming market, so the Switch was there to tie the distinctions between a handheld and a console together. As you said, mobile gaming makes up for a high percentage of the games played today, and I think that's hugely down to accessibility, the simple fact that these games can be played wherever you are, from sitting on the toilet to travelling to work etc. I personally can't get into mobile gaming for numerous reasons - Many games are pay 2 play games, mainly brought on from the early days of FB where you had to invite as many people as possible to progress quicker in the game. This model just turned in to paying x amount of money for gaining progress. I also just simply find the controls to be awkward as hell on mobile games

Why is it then dumb for Nintendo to make another 'handheld' - a console that offers the portability, the controls, the power etc?

GTA3Rockstar

I'm not talking about the Switch.. lol Yea it's their console-turned mobile, it was just another idea they came up with. A better version of the Wii U (which was a complete failure because it added nothing to the original Wii) but I was referring to their 3DS. That's their handheld model and need to remove it and allow their games to come to tablets/phones and they are.

Also, of course some games are pay to play.. How are other games accessed? Pay to play lol

Majority of them are actually free to play with money purchases in-game, but gotta make money somehow.

It's all personal preferences, but glad they are bringing their games to tablets/phone. Handheld systems are becoming a thing of the past

Richard Power Colt

Touch screen controls are ass tho. If Nintendo got serious about mobile gaming, they would have to introduce some controller peripheral that you can attach to your phone/tablet. Tho considering how there are different shapes and sizes of them it's hard to make that kind of thing universal.

KilnerLUFC

I'm not talking about the Switch.. lol Yea it's their console-turned mobile, it was just another idea they came up with. A better version of the Wii U (which was a complete failure because it added nothing to the original Wii) but I was referring to their 3DS. That's their handheld model and need to remove it and allow their games to come to tablets/phones and they are.

It's all personal preferences, but glad they are bringing their games to tablets/phone. Handheld systems are becoming a thing of the past

I honestly can't see Nintendo doing away with their handheld market though, and will only build on it all. Two of them are still the highest selling 'consoles' of all time, and even the 3DS (11th place) isn't far behind the PS4 currently. It would be a major mistake for them to give up altogether and only concentrate on Smartphone games as their handheld market. Smartphone games are great for games that you can quickly jump in and out of, but due to battery life, it's not the go-to-platform for fully fledged games imo.

Saying that, knowing Nintendo, they'll come up with some new design for a smartphone/handheld hybrid no doubt.

Touch screen controls are ass tho. If Nintendo got serious about mobile gaming, they would have to introduce some controller peripheral that you can attach to your phone/tablet. Tho considering how there are different shapes and sizes of them it's hard to make that kind of thing universal.

Said the same above. One of my major turn-offs for mobile gaming is touch screen control. I don't mind when it's some type of gimmick on a Nintendo device (Wii U, Switch) as that's just an added extra. There are already controllers on the market for smartphones though? All it takes is a USB connection and a re-sizeable dock for your phone to be held on top.

I wanted to buy Rise of the Tomb Raider or maybe Kingdom Come Deliverance today.

But then I ended up with Shadow of the Colossus in my pocket. About time to see what all the hype was about.

I traded in Middle Earth: Shadow of War and paid up a little.

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)

Said the same above. One of my major turn-offs for mobile gaming is touch screen control. I don't mind when it's some type of gimmick on a Nintendo device (Wii U, Switch) as that's just an added extra. There are already controllers on the market for smartphones though? All it takes is a USB connection and a re-sizeable dock for your phone to be held on top.

I have heard of smartphone controllers, but I've never actually seen one. On hindsight that was kind of dumb of me to say. Regardless if Nintendo were to start releasing complex console-esque games for mobile instead of making another handheld, I could see them make their own controller for it that's designed to work best with their games. But I agree with you above, I don't think there's any indication of Nintendo actually doing away with handhelds.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

HaRdSTyLe_83

pc building simulator

LMAO this game should be for consoles

AiraCobra

If only.....giphy.gif

albanyave

Hey guys. Just purchased RE7 and popped it in my Ps4. Got a message saying I need to update system to 4.05 or later. Why wasn't the firmware included on disc. Think I need to return the game as PS4 is not connected to internet. I could purchase another game in hopes of a firmware being on that disc. Never had any message like this before. My system is currently at 4.0.

Could something be wrong with the disc?

Thanks.

I think there was a way to update your console using a PC. Download the update, put it on USB and update the console.

Here you go:

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/get-help/ps4-system-software/

But to answer your question, there's nothing wrong with the dics. It doesn't include the update file.

albanyave

Thanks. Good to know that there is nothing wrong with the disc.

Sanches
Posted (edited)

Spent all my resources and money on these 2 tracks. Well, they work well, but man... 5000+ Power Score? Okay, time to enjoy balanced 5k PS gameplay with a bunch of 2nd most weakest machineguns.

ALCQl0C.jpg

Edited by Sanches
Targem, pls fix

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

I go on Ready At Dawns twitter hoping and praying everyday The Order 1886 gets a second chance.

OurJud
On 5/21/2018 at 9:36 PM, albanyave said:

Hey guys. Just purchased RE7 and popped it in my Ps4

Hi, would it be too much trouble for you to check if this game has the option to disable all those annoying interactive button prompts that plague modern games? I want to be able to play completely HUDless with no prompts or notifications for taking items or opening doors, drawers etc.

Thanks in advance.

OurJud

Something I want to get off my chest and would be interested in hearing others' views on. That is 'gameplay' trailers that feature footage that is clearly not gameplay.

I first fell for this con with the 'gameplay' trailer for Killzone 3 (or was it 2?) and I'm now seeing the exact same thing happen with Metro: Exodus.

Compare these two trailers, if you would. The first features (what I have no reason to doubt) actual gameplay. The second, released as a teaser several months ago is also gameplay, if the video title is to be believed.

Notice the 'pre-rendered' way the character looks around in the second video. How he places a hand on the scaffold when ducking under the obstruction, how accurately he takes the ammo from the skeleton in the train, and the arrow from the dead beast, by placing a foot on its head to gain purchase.

Maybe there's some official definition of 'gameplay' which works as a disclaimer, allowing developers to get away with stuff like this, but I still find it irritating.

ddubz91

Just got a PC, second purchase on Steam is Vice City: oh yeah, bring on the weekend! Throwback central, I'm hyped and hyper!

addisonsophia

I know this is off topic in this forum, but I wanna to know about “Unlimited weapon Cheat code”. 😉

I am searching for it for a long time. But I didn’t get it for a long time.😫 

So, can you help me with it?

Basically, I am a big fan of GTA, but I need “Unlimited weapon Cheat code” because I am essays writer and get a little bit of time for playing this game.

Friends, I am eagerly waiting for your answer.☺️

Spoiler