2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

How to spawn add-on cars on traffic

IMTxxL

Hello

I have added new car look like ADD-ON on this repertory : update\x64\dlcpacks

I want this new car to be spawn naturaly on the traffic.

I know how to replace originals cars with "popgroups.ymt" but when i try to add this added car on the file the car is not spawn, the game doesn't know how to find the target in update\x64\dlcpacks

Exemple :

<Item>

<Name>VEH_RICH</Name>

<models>

<Item><Name>zentorno</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item> TO <Item><Name>mercedesf1</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>

</models>

<flags>POPGROUP_AMBIENT POPGROUP_SCENARIO</flags>

</Item>

What file do i need to change?

What you said should work fine, OP.

Are you editing the popgroups in update.rpf or common.rpf? It should be in update.

One parts of original popgroups.ymt

<Item>
<Name>VEH_POOR</Name>
<models>
<Item><Name>asea</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>
<Item><Name>buccaneer</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>
<Item><Name>emperor2</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>
<Item><Name>chino</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>
<Item><Name>glendale</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>
<Item><Name>intruder</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>
<Item><Name>Ingot</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>
etc ...........
</models>
</Item>

When i replace than this, only sentinel pop on traffic (it the same with zentorno or other DLC cars, is working :

<Item>
<Name>VEH_POOR</Name>
<models>
<Item><Name>sentinel</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>
</models>
</Item>

Now i want than my add-on cars pop on traffic exemple (mercedes f1 : http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/81253-mercedes-f1/)

This files is past on the folder mercesdes f1 in : update\x64\dlcpacks

<Item>

<Name>VEH_POOR</Name>
<models>
<Item><Name>mercedesf1</Name><Variations type="NULL"/></Item>
</models>
</Item>

But it's not working, the game need only real stock cars name look like : sentinel, zentorno, cheetah etc...

I want to know what file i need to change for the game know where to search my add-on car in folder update\x64\dlcpacks\mercedesf1

If your DLC is listed in dlclist.xml and extratitleupdateinfo.meta, it's all OK,.

HHnErXC.png

Here is an example to the whole process, as I understand it to be.

( We will be using the GTAIV car pack "pres" as a guide to offer an example of the whole process you need to do.)

Using OpenIV select edit mode next navigate to your " update.rpf " and then go to the " dlc_patch " folder.

Create a new folder there and place the " content.xml " in the newly created folder with the correct name for your modded dlc, ( in this example we are naming it " pres " ).

Once we have placed the correct named folder with the corresponding " content.xml " in it navigate to your " common " folder, ( we are still in the update.rpf. )

Open the " common " folder and here is where the " dlclist.xml " and the " extratitlesupdateinfo.meta " are located.

Now in the dlclist.xml, ( for our pres mod ) we need to insert these lines :

( remember the file must be exported and opened with notepad++ or some other editing tool to insert the lines below. )

<item>dlcpacks:\pres\</item>

They should be placed at the bottom of the file after,( <item>dlcpacks:\mpxmas_604490\</item> )

save the file and replace it in your archive.

Now in the " extratitlesupdateinfo.meta ", we need to insert these lines at the bottom of the file after, ( <path>update:/dlc_patch/mpHalloween/</path> ). again this is for the pres so if you are using some other dlc archive then change the name from pres in all these examples to the name of the dlc.rpf you want to access the vehicles from.

( extratitlesupdateinfo.meta info )

<Item type="SExtraTitleUpdateMount">
<deviceName>pres:/</deviceName>
<path>update:/dlc_patch/pres/</path>
</Item>
Ok now the files are being called on we need, ( for our example with pres ), to place the pres folder with the dlc.rpf in it, into the x64 folder located in the FOLDER updates, ( not the updates.rpf ).
Recap, we opened openIV and created a folder named pres in the dlc_patch folder located in the updates.rpf, then we added to the extratitlesupdateinfo.meta the lines to direct the game to identify the dlc we want to include. Next we added the lines to the dlclist.xml. Then we took the folder with the dlc.rpf in it and placed it in our x64 folder located in the update folder. ( you won't need to do this if the dlc already exists in your x64 folder.)
Now we want to see those cars appear in traffic.
Open the popgroups.ymt and edit it to include your cars, ( Like you already did ).
Now that the dlc is identified and the cars added to the popgroups.ymt you should see them spawn in traffic.
Also you can go to the dlc.rpf and look for the " vehicles.meta " file to edit how frequently your cars will appear.
If you plan to import a highway patrol, police or taxi then adjust in the " dispatch.meta " so the new highway patrol, police or taxi model will be active like one of those services.
Hope I helped you get the full picture a bit clearer.
Peace, N8Gamez

If you plan to import a highway patrol, police or taxi then adjust in the " dispatch.meta " so the new highway patrol, police or taxi model will be active like one of those services.

Are you sure about taxi? I didn't find any single piece of info in that file.

HHnErXC.png

( We will be using the GTAIV car pack "pres" as a guide to offer an example of the whole process you need to do.)

Using OpenIV select edit mode next navigate to your " update.rpf " and then go to the " dlc_patch " folder.

Create a new folder there and place the " content.xml " in the newly created folder with the correct name for your modded dlc, ( in this example we are naming it " pres " ).

Once we have placed the correct named folder with the corresponding " content.xml " in it navigate to your " common " folder, ( we are still in the update.rpf. )

Open the " common " folder and here is where the " dlclist.xml " and the " extratitlesupdateinfo.meta " are located.

( remember the file must be exported and opened with notepad++ or some other editing tool to insert the lines below. )

They should be placed at the bottom of the file after,( <item>dlcpacks:\mpxmas_604490\</item> )

Now in the " extratitlesupdateinfo.meta ", we need to insert these lines at the bottom of the file after, ( <path>update:/dlc_patch/mpHalloween/</path> ). again this is for the pres so if you are using some other dlc archive then change the name from pres in all these examples to the name of the dlc.rpf you want to access the vehicles from.

</Item>

Ok now the files are being called on we need, ( for our example with pres ), to place the pres folder with the dlc.rpf in it, into the x64 folder located in the FOLDER updates, ( not the updates.rpf ).

Recap, we opened openIV and created a folder named pres in the dlc_patch folder located in the updates.rpf, then we added to the extratitlesupdateinfo.meta the lines to direct the game to identify the dlc we want to include. Next we added the lines to the dlclist.xml. Then we took the folder with the dlc.rpf in it and placed it in our x64 folder located in the update folder. ( you won't need to do this if the dlc already exists in your x64 folder.)

Open the popgroups.ymt and edit it to include your cars, ( Like you already did ).

Now that the dlc is identified and the cars added to the popgroups.ymt you should see them spawn in traffic.

Also you can go to the dlc.rpf and look for the " vehicles.meta " file to edit how frequently your cars will appear.

Peace, N8Gamez

Thanks a lot, it's working!!! :colgate:

But i have two problems :panic:

1) I just noticed this mod mercedes F1 http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/81253-mercedes-f1 didn't appear in the AI traffic, even if it's been installed as you recommended me to do on "dlclist.xml" "extratitlesupdateinfo.meta"" & "popgrounds.ymt"

Today i tried with the same method with this mod lamborghini : http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/83048-2016-lamborghini-aventador-lp750-4-superveloce-roadster-v1-2/ and i'ts working. :santa:

Maybe i need to change the % spawn's probabilty ?

You said i can edit in " vehicles.meta " how frequently your cars will appear ? I sought in the file but i didnt found, I sought in the file but i didn't found, what is the line i need to change ?

2) I added also this mod rabbit http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/81488-volkswagen-rabbit-1986-addon-bmw-m5-e34-v3 featuring 4-5 other cars ADD-ON (lamborgini, batmobile, bmw i8, aston martin vulcan etc...) & i see 90% of rabbit on car's traffic, maybe the game give 90% spawn's probability in this car ?
Edited by IMTxxL

• 1 month later...

</Item>
Peace, N8Gamez

Hey,

some useful info in there but i couldnt get it to work for what i am trying to do.

Basically i want only one vehicle to spawn across the city, one from a dlc update.

Lets use the panto for example.

i have tried replacing all other vehicles in each group to only the panto. tried changing popcycle, popgroups etc

the best result i have gotten is nothing spawns at all. i think it is having trouble finding the panto to spawn it.

so i even copied the hipster dlc content.xml file and did the hole process you stated with that as my "pres" etc and still nothing.

Anyway you could explain for what im trying to do? Possible? Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Bitch Ass Bullshit

Hi, Is this working? Any easy tutorial to add Add-on cars to Traffic?

• 4 weeks later...

up please

How you edit the popgroups.ymt file ?

popgroups is encrypted to .ymt in PC. so until now there is no way to edit that (rumor says OpenIV team working on it).

i use "Southern San Andreas Exotic Traffic" in gta5-mods.com. they provided an editable popgroups.ymt file (updated to 678.1)

here's link https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/southern-san-andreas-exotic-popgroups-ymt-803cba20-ebff-4a21-82a7-b0d70ab9a39a

try and make sure read all the readme files