2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Screenshot Question...

Fennimoe

I see all these beautiful pictures you wonderful Forumers are posting, yet there is no radar, or any HUD info for that matter, in the pictures... It probably seems like common knowledge by now, but I seriously don't know how to do that. I am on PS4.

Is it done by literally turning off the HUD in the options then use the PS4 Snapshot function (share button)? I haven't tried this yet.

If it's not done like that, could someone please explain this, or place a link to the original thread if it exists? I tried to search, but it turned up no answers that I could find.

Thanks y'all

it may also because of rockstar editor , at which the user could take the pictures in free camera , game camera , etc . even in game camera shows no HUD at all

• Like 2

I mean like these...

(None of these pictures are mine.)

YBlTcKcLyESDWIMtk4V52w_0_0.jpg

hqHsrTYOwEybi77QYI8Cnw_0_0.jpg

Edited by Fennimoe
  • Like 1

RussianCommie

Sky_Light12 is correct. You use the R* Editor to take the desired pictures that you want with whatever camera you may prefer. Pressing on the right analog stick, I believe, gets rid of the HUD and the Editor buttons for what does what. When you have just the picture on your screen, you take the picture by using the snapshot on your console, whether PS4 or XB1.

5eIYidF.gif

Sky_Light12 is correct. You use the R* Editor to take the desired pictures that you want with whatever camera you may prefer. Pressing on the right analog stick, I believe, gets rid of the HUD and the Editor buttons for what does what. When you have just the picture on your screen, you take the picture by using the snapshot on your console, whether PS4 or XB1.

. Cool. I appreciate the help!
  • Like 1

I mean like these...

(None of these pictures are mine.)

YBlTcKcLyESDWIMtk4V52w_0_0.jpg

hqHsrTYOwEybi77QYI8Cnw_0_0.jpg

LOL that's mine

Edited by Sky_Light12

The Rockstar Editor method is how I take my pictures. But I don't use the PS4 screenshot feature for it. I record random gameplay clips and open them up in Rockstar Editor, mess around with the clip and camera angles. Once I have the desired picture in frame, I back out of camera settings and go back again until Rockstar Editor gives me the option of "pressing Square to take a Snapmatic". Once you do that it saves to your gallery, from there back out to the game and press R3 on the snapmatics you just took in the Editor to upload them to your social account.

RussianCommie

The Rockstar Editor method is how I take my pictures. But I don't use the PS4 screenshot feature for it. I record random gameplay clips and open them up in Rockstar Editor, mess around with the clip and camera angles. Once I have the desired picture in frame, I back out of camera settings and go back again until Rockstar Editor gives me the option of "pressing Square to take a Snapmatic". Once you do that it saves to your gallery, from there back out to the game and press R3 on the snapmatics you just took in the Editor to upload them to your social account.

The reason why people use the screenshot feature on the consoles to take their pictures in GTA Online is because uploading the pictures to the Social Club, the pictures lose a nice bit of quality and they don't look, as well as, how they would look from using the console's feature of being able to screenshot those same pictures.

5eIYidF.gif

The reason why people use the screenshot feature on the consoles to take their pictures in GTA Online is because uploading the pictures to the Social Club, the pictures lose a nice bit of quality and they don't look, as well as, how they would look from using the console's feature of being able to screenshot those same pictures.

Thats true, it does take a bit of a hit in terms of quality on the Social Club upload. I use both depending on what I am taking pictures of at the time. But I lean more towards the Social Club upload method lately, strictly for the speed and convienece.

• Like 1

RussianCommie

Thats true, it does take a bit of a hit in terms of quality on the Social Club upload. I use both depending on what I am taking pictures of at the time. But I lean more towards the Social Club upload method lately, strictly for the speed and convienece.

It's definitely a bit more added time when you go the screenshots route with the consoles, but personally, I much prefer that route. You do make a valid point of that It depends on what picture is being taken at the time.

5eIYidF.gif