3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Too many weapons, nothing to shoot at.

Diddly-doodly

Diddly-doodly

Can anyone relate? I have finished the game and bought everything in Amunation. I only use the Micro SMG/Carabine Rifle/RPG... 90% of the weapons become obsolete real quick.

• Like 3

Nah nah nah Gta 6

It gives more variety and choice to the game tbh, it's a good feature so not everyone uses the same guns.

Edited by Stoney0503

Xing of Virtue

It's a poorly designed system. It should've been just like the IV and SA style were you can only equip a single weapon from a certain weapon category.

Carrying both the AK-47 and the Carbine Rifle just feels wrong and unrewarding.

🔮

Edited by Xing of Virtue

Sentinel Driver

Yea it's a single player problem because Rockstar has completely abandoned single player

• Like 1

Official General

I agree with the OP as far as the SP is concerned. V just has too many guns, and too little a bunch of reasons to use them all. This is what I mean when I say the game needed much more engaging and significant crime side missions like gang wars, drug-dealing among others - this would definitely see a good use for all that heavy weaponry. Even big bank heists don't need such huge amounts of artillery.

But I do like the variation of pistols though - that's more realistic and feasible.

• Like 6

Diddly-doodly

It's a poorly designed system. It should've been just like the IV and SA style were you can only equip a single weapon from a certain category.

Carrying both the AK-47 and the Carbine Rifle just feels wrong and unrewarding.

Exactly, when weapons were restricted, they were valuable.

In SA, every category of weapons (two-three weapons max) did a different thing. Since you could only equip one weapon from each category, every single weapon CJ carried had a different use.

In GTA V, almost all the weapons feel the same, even if they aren't from the same category. I often find myself going through all the game only using the carbine rifle for combat and the micro SMG for drive-by, with the occasional RPG.

Using only 3 weapons.

And the game is so easy that those 3 weapons are more than enough to finish it. Even in free aim (i sh*t you not).

Edited by Diddly-doodly
  • Like 6

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

This game had the worst unsatisfying combat since GTA Vice City. IV has the best combat no doubt.

Edited by Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister
  • Like 8

ClaudeSpeed1911

This game needs gang wars/drugwars and better weapon feedback and sound effects.

Compare the Auto Shotgun with the AA12 from TBOGT to get what I mean.

• Like 1

This game had the worst unsatisfying combat since GTA Vice City. IV has the best combat no doubt.

This too. It's just ridiculous i can tell you that.

Can anyone relate? I have finished the game and bought everything in Amunation. I only use the Micro SMG/Carabine Rifle/RPG... 90% of the weapons become obsolete real quick.

People prefer different weapons so it's great to have such a huge variety of them. I for example like to use the Assault Rifle or Bullpup Rifle as Trevor, the Carbine Rifle as Franklin and the Advanced Rifle as Michael.

After you have chosen your favorite weapons every second rifle, pistol, sub machine gun, etc. becomes obsolete. By that logic we could just go back to having only one rifle and only one pistol in the game like in GTA 1, but that would be stupid because not everyone likes an AK 47, and someone would rather have a Heavy Pistol instead of an AP-Pistol or someone prefers the Assault SMG over the Micro SMG so that's the reason why there are so many weapons, to please more people.

Edited by DaWiesel

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

lol, everyone seriously praising IV's combat? That game aged HORRIBLY. Shooting feels like sh*t if you are using a controller but with a mouse, it's way to easy since blind fire is way too easy. Cover is worse than V and if you say it's better then you're just delusional, animations were janky, Niko would stick to walls and it would take the force of an atom bomb just to get him unstuck.

GTA V's combat is almost exactly the same as RDR except for the ability to run and gun. And nobody bitched about RDR's combat (it even allowed you to carry all the weapons at once) Face it people, you guys are just bitching about V's combat because it's GTA V and you have to bitch about something. Too easy? Yes that's true but the combat never felt this good before and I would be pissed the f*ck off if they used IV's combat again.

Official General

lol, everyone seriously praising IV's combat? That game aged HORRIBLY. Shooting feels like sh*t if you are using a controller but with a mouse, it's way to easy since blind fire is way too easy. Cover is worse than V and if you say it's better then you're just delusional, animations were janky, Niko would stick to walls and it would take the force of an atom bomb just to get him unstuck.

GTA V's combat is almost exactly the same as RDR except for the ability to run and gun. And nobody bitched about RDR's combat (it even allowed you to carry all the weapons at once) Face it people, you guys are just bitching about V's combat because it's GTA V and you have to bitch about something. Too easy? Yes that's true but the combat never felt this good before and I would be pissed the f*ck off if they used IV's combat again.

Come on, you gotta admit that one punch knockout or kill feature in V was pretty silly. You can't possibly floor or kill everyone you meet with one punch, it's extremely unrealistic and downright ridiculous to put in the game. You might as well not bother with melee weapons with this feature.

• Like 9

CarlitoDorito

I prefer the variety. I found IV's selection quite disappointing. Some are quite similar though, more heavy weapons would be good. The game is big on variety so I guess 12 weapons goes against that. I like that it's more like red dead, the weapon wheel. The old school way of selecting weapons seems a bit dated for newer games, fine in old ones though. Scrolling through 54 weapons would suck. It has the variety of S.A minus the flame thrower, chainsaw, sticky bombs that stick to peds, katana and a couple of dildos. More than a few is good for rampages or director mode, the editor too.

The game needs an activity where you can shoot things, like Trevor's or hunting or gun range. Just more action packed. More assassinations, vigilante, gang wars. Weapon variety would be quite good with them I think. Just me though :D

Edited by CarlitoDorito
  • Like 4

Cheatz/Trickz

I saw the problems with V's weapon system as soon as I heard we could carry all weapons at once. It's just stupid, simply put. Having so many just takes away any focus or balance. It worked in RDR, as there was still time between upgrades.

IV had a better system and generally better combat all around because it was grittier, louder, bloodier and more intense.

• Like 2

It aint even f*cking close to RDR.

• Like 2

It would be nice if the AI didn't have superhuman aiming ability so it's no fun using any of the gimmick weapons.

• Like 4

ClaudeSpeed1911

V was an improvment interms of movment but weapons don't feel as good as IV. The way the characters react to the bullet feels much more realistic and the weapons sound effects sound much more menecing. The ones in V feels more like SA AKA nerf guns and the Euphoria animation system is toned down.

And you are wrong about the combat being almost the same, the combat in V is more similiar to IV and less like RDR. Pistols for instance doesn't fire like in RDR and are automatic in V, you just hold the button. Going back to the sound effect point, RDR had much better sound effects that felt like guns.

• Like 2

Rockstar wants us to collect all the weapons and their modifications too. They should add weapon equip system. So, we don't need to waste our time scrolling for weapons.

I still think the best I have ever seem in a third person shooter game was in MP3.

It was realistic, fun, intense and the controller wasn't a clunky mess.

• Like 3

Dangerous and sad

Come on, you gotta admit that one punch knockout or kill feature in V was pretty silly. You can't possibly floor or kill everyone you meet with one punch, it's extremely unrealistic and downright ridiculous to put in the game. You might as well not bother with melee weapons with this feature.

That retarded "Football" kick" has the ability to just ruin my time when playing V.
  • Like 2

They did that for the kids who couldn't make up their minds with which weapons to carry in the previous games.

Algonquin Assassin

Way better than IV's poor choice of little to no weapons. Or good weapons for that matter.

At least GTA IV's all feel different and aren't reskins of other weapons like GTA V.;)

Anyway I think having the ability to carry every weapon takes away from strategy in missions and I hate how you can't discard empty weapons like in other GTAs.

Have to keep them. f*cking stupid.

Edited by SonOfLiberty
  • Like 6

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I think they want you to experiment and shoot other people, police, etc

Edited by Android

VWSTp.png

Way better than IV's poor choice of little to no weapons. Or good weapons for that matter.

At least GTA IV's all feel different and aren't reskins of other weapons like GTA V.;)

Anyway I think having the ability to carry every weapon takes away from strategy in missions and I hate how you can't discard empty weapons like in other GTAs.

Have to keep them. f*cking stupid.

Normally I agree with you but not here. I hated how in GTAIV niko would just drop his AK when he ran out of ammo. Niko! That sh*t cost $3,500! Pick that sh*t back up!

Atleast in V you can choose to drop it or keep it.

• Like 3

I'll give it that. As minimal as IV's weapon choice is, it does do a good job at making each gun different.

But I usually prefer fun over realism, so take your pick.

Edited by .Smaher.