2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Rockstar should bring back the old events to PC/PS4/XBO

lol232

Which are:

Crate Drops and Special Crate Drops

High Priority Vehicles

Armored Trucks

Cop Distractions

Take down aircraft

Target Vehicles

I mean, why not?

Rather than going by if it ain't broken, don't fix it, they do the opposite. Old ones were better IMO.

Disabling this made close to 10 awards impossible to get along with some tattoos and clothing.

And let's not forget that crate drops were a far better way to unlock special clothing than what we have nowadays.

At least make them appear in invite only sessions or solo sessions, or when there are less than 5 players in a session.

E:

Made a complaint:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/206540178-Fix-the-old-freemode-events-for-PC-PS4-XBO

Don't forget to upvote it.

Edited by lol232

Wait, they completely disabled them? That's dumb, I really enjoyed the Armord Trucks.

Anything relating to Heists, I'm down for.

Yep, I fully agree, I actually made a ticket and topic on the subject Rockstar side but nobody seems to have responded

to it.

It makes perfect sense for Invite Only lobbies and should be a simple case of turn on the file again R* side.

• Like 1

Wait, they completely disabled them? That's dumb, I really enjoyed the Armord Trucks.

That is correct, they cannot appear by any regular means.

Yep, I fully agree, I actually made a ticket and topic on the subject Rockstar side but nobody seems to have responded

to it.

It makes perfect sense for Invite Only lobbies and should be a simple case of turn on the file again R* side.

Well, people complaining about removal of the "double-clutching" were loud enough so Rockstar brought it back, maybe they can hear us too. Edited by lol232
  • Like 1

Anything relating to Heists, I'm down for.

The truth is we don't know, but since they've never been seen since the introduction of free roam events, people have put 2 and 2 together and come up with "Rockstar have disabled them".

They may well have done, but it could just as easily be a bug. They may, also, have disabled them temporarily with the view of getting people used to all the other tons of stuff to do in free roam now, only to bring them back at a later point. We just don't know, but either way they don't happen any more.

Yeah I liked the old ones, and refuse to participate in the free mode events. Just my opinion, but it looks to me they're trying to force us to play together. If you'll notice, none of the new stuff, free mode events, Lamar's dumb lowrider missions, and adversary modes gives you the option to do by yourself. Plus, they've ignored the best part of the game, the contact missions, because most of them you can do by yourself. Yeah yeah it's online and it's about playing with others. Thing is, I'd still like the option to play them by myself. When I'm forced into doing something, I tend to avoid it, and that's exactly why I don't participate.

Edited by TexasRocks

I'm glad I finished all the awards/rewards for them before transferring.

I miss the Special Crates for the mayhem and challenge. Especially after Rockstar finally got the reward system right for them (no doubles, automatic whatever-you-don't-have item). Got 71 on old-gen but they were removed before I got to PS4.

Armored trucks were always a bit glitchy and could still never drop cash.

The short-lived other stuff was ok. Trevor's planes glitched, but very lucrative when they didn't.

They were not purposely disabled. Freemode events and old events are similar in function, so the new ones, by accident broke the old because of their time-related function. Just cry for a bit longer and something'll happen.

Only the Special Crates for the unique t-shirts should return. If not, I don't mind completing a free mode event to get one.

It would be good in-between Freemode events if the crate drops, armoured trucks etc. appeared.

• Like 3

They were not purposely disabled. Freemode events and old events are similar in function, so the new ones, by accident broke the old because of their time-related function. Just cry for a bit longer and something'll happen.

That's all we can do I guess. Edited by lol232

Miss Malevolent

I think if you have a medallion that can be earned in your list of achievements, it's only good form to keep those events available so folks to have an opportunity to actually earn those medals.

I'm looking at a bunch of bronze/silver/gold that I will seemingly never be able to make platinum at some point.

Oh well.

• Like 3

Why not have them spawning during the new Freeroam events? More things to do imo.

Fair enough, but they should also be able to spawn when there is less than 5 players as well.
  • Like 1

Nuclearsniper

I actually had an armoured truck and a smuggler plane spawn last night within 10 minutes. I still don't miss Simeon's HPVs so that's still a bonus.

• Like 1

Do Special Crates (and the other events) still take place on PS3?

Yea, saw a crate countdown yesterday. Tonight I got an Armored car and Smuggler Helicopter. Barely anyone goes after them anymore.
  • Like 2
Mainthreadrule.gif

Do Special Crates (and the other events) still take place on PS3?

Yea, saw a crate countdown yesterday. Tonight I got an Armored car and Smuggler Helicopter. Barely anyone goes after them anymore.

Thanks Fozzie, I might dust down the old console later....for old times' sake.

I loved the special crate drops, but thanks to all the people who complained on here and Rockstar support because they sucked at fighting others for them, they removed them. GG

I loved the special crate drops, but thanks to all the people who complained on here and Rockstar support because they sucked at fighting others for them, they removed them. GG

Yep. It used to be hard work now it's literally just logging in or having luck.

CaptainMarvel

Yeah I liked the old ones, and refuse to participate in the free mode events. Just my opinion, but it looks to me they're trying to force us to play together. If you'll notice, none of the new stuff, free mode events, Lamar's dumb lowrider missions, and adversary modes gives you the option to do by yourself. Plus, they've ignored the best part of the game, the contact missions, because most of them you can do by yourself. Yeah yeah it's online and it's about playing with others. Thing is, I'd still like the option to play them by myself. When I'm forced into doing something, I tend to avoid it, and that's exactly why I don't participate.

Lamar's missions were quite fun (the Lamar quotes still make me chuckle). You can actually do several VIP missions solo for better payouts and without the loading/job lobby that contact missions go through. Adversary modes by definition can't be played solo so I don't understand bringing that up...

But I do agree on missing those random events like armored trucks and Trevor's planes. Gerald car blowups? I do not miss them. Gerald is the worst.

Edited by CaptainMarvel

But I do agree on missing those random events like armored trucks and Trevor's planes. Gerald car blowups? I do not miss them. Gerald is the worst.

What's wrong with Gerald? :p
  • Like 1

Yea, I got friends who are missing awards on these. Impossible for them to complete on PS4. So in the name of Christmas and caring, I'm bumping this thread like an oil pipe.

And upvoted on your ticket too, why so little votes?!?!?!

Edited by Bolatsi

Yea, I got friends who are missing awards on these. Impossible for them to complete on PS4. So in the name of Christmas and caring, I'm bumping this thread like an oil pipe.

And upvoted on your ticket too, why so little votes?!?!?!

Same situation here, left with 3 awards right now.

I guess not many people noticed my ticket, btw.

Edited by lol232

Actually a few of them were broken. Well, maybe a bit.

What I think GTAO needs are more non-voilent or low-violence ways to make money in free roam, revolving around picking up/collecting objects with a vehicle and taking it somewhere, perhaps on a different day/gameday.

Too much of the money making (decent money) in freeroam pits players against each other. If I shoot you, and you shoot me, Rockstar wins cause it wastes our money. I think we need collectables of varying value then can be sold individually or combined to a greater object. Shoot4Cash is what makes the game boring. It would be cool if there would be random things to find (some on map, some not) that had to be loaded onto a vehicle (you would have to own a van/pickup truck) and then take it back to your garage to be then delivered on another day to a special place/person/dropoff for cash. If the vehicle is destroyed you lose the stolen goods etc. Evading police would be a factor.

This would set up and feed things forward nicely to when GTAO moves to GTA6 where we should get a whole p2p trading market a la steam. Imagine raiding/trawling the junkyards for common/rare car pieces that would be used to build a whole vehicle or trade parts you don't need. But yeah, Shoot4Cash has gotten old.