3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

A strangers and freaks DLC would be a more reasonable thing to ask Roc

Diddly-doodly

Diddly-doodly

I really enjoyed GTA 5 strangers and freaks missions. They reminded me of those GTA 3/ SA type of missions where the protagonist meets someone he doesn't know and starts doing crazy errands for the guy JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT.

GTA 5's story-line is quite tricky. The feds, the IAA, Merryweather, Madrazo people... Now that things have found a balance, I don't see why Michael, Franklin and Trevor would try and do something crazy (Ok, maybe Trevor). They have pulled off THE BIG ONE, and took care of all the loose ends, it would make absolutely no sense for them to do something after this. The story is closed.

This is why i think a more reasonable thing to ask rockstar for is more strangers and freaks missions. The old school GTA missions where we become the errand boy of some psycho mofo just for the sake of it.

Edited by Diddly-doodly

The best thing Rockstar could do is add more Strangers and Freaks for Franklin, especially Families-related ones. Not sure about Michael and Trevor though, thanks to Rockstar's rubbish endings A and B. Their storyline can't be expanded after the Franklin-Devin meeting. They die, or they live, but Franklin lives fo'sho.

Xing of Virtue

Loved the B ending. The hell with the decrepit Families and everything it stands for.

It would be nice if Franklin began stumbling upon several returning Strangers and Freaks characters whom were only met by M and T, like Cletus and Cris Formage. Maybe even a few returning characters from IV and Online to spice things up a bit. Obviously if this thing is set after the endings, 70% of the original S&F roster would be labeled as deceased, due to most of them having optional fates.

🔮

Edited by Xing of Virtue

No offense Doodly but Thank God you dont work at R*. Imagine waiting all this time for them to release a pile of dung like that

Diddly-doodly

No offense Doodly but Thank God you dont work at R*. Imagine waiting all this time for them to release a pile of dung like that

Guess what, mate. You're gonna wait all this time for them to release NOTHING. A pile of dung is better than nothing.

If R* released 25 S&F with a lot of shooting and action, wouldn't that be the equivalent of a SP DLC? I mean, it would litteraly be fully-fledged missions under the disguise of strangers and freaks. Only those missions would have nothing to do with the main story line.

The best thing Rockstar could do is add more Strangers and Freaks for Franklin, especially Families-related ones. Not sure about Michael and Trevor though, thanks to Rockstar's rubbish endings A and B. Their storyline can't be expanded after the Franklin-Devin meeting. They die, or they live, but Franklin lives fo'sho.

Typical no thread with constant V hating just right off from the beginning.

But you know what?

I can play your game too:

On Topic:

There is no need for V to have more Strangers and Freaks missions, V on its own is allready the best game released on the world, no the universe.

V completely nails every aspect of game design, from perfect cinematography to excellent Story telling and writing, from a beatifull open world, to rich Random Events and side missions which fill it, from NPCs at the families houses to Strangers you can meet on the street and talk to, from a perfectly satirical interpretation of moder day Los Angeles, to a perfect Satirical reinterpretation of the Internet as a whole.

Only thing that is bad about V is a satirical interpretation of GTAForums missing.

Edited by XenoxX

Lester-The-Molester

Typical no thread with constant V hating just right off from the beginning.

But you know what?

I can play your game too:

On Topic:

There is no need for V to have more Strangers and Freaks missions, V on its own is allready the best game released on the world, no the universe.

V completely nails every aspect of game design, from perfect cinematography to excellent Story telling and writing, from a beatifull open world, to rich Random Events and side missions which fill it, from NPCs at the families houses to Strangers you can meet on the street and talk to, from a perfectly satirical interpretation of moder day Los Angeles, to a perfect Satirical reinterpretation of the Internet as a whole.

Only thing that is bad about V is a satirical interpretation of GTAForums missing.

REs are better in RDR.

poland stronk

Franklin: gang and poverty related random encounters

Trevor: more wacky and rural encounters

Michael: well he is bland imo, can't portray him in any encounters except later ones related to his producer career but that would be way to cheap compared to others

Edited by poland stronk

On Topic:

Correction:

V is one of the most over-hyped games released on the world, no the universe. V has one of the worst storylines for a GTA game, and the story telling is absolute s**t, though the world might be beautiful, it isn't fully open, rich random events which are not random at all and are heavily scripted, utterly boring and rubbish side missions, no proper interactions with NPCs at safehouses and streets; just the same repeated dialogues depending on progression of the story and everything interpreted was overly-satirical i.e, boring.

• Like 1

Algonquin Assassin

It already has too many Strangers and Freaks missions IMO. I would rather core side missions like import/export, vigilante etc than more glorified errand runs given by one dimensional and forgettable after 5 minutes characters..

• Like 2

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Nah, I prefer a story expansion with Franklin, make it a prequel or sequel with new S&F, Online's exclusive vehicles made available in SP, new and more interesting activities, heck maybe even new friends for Franklin(and with thier friendships perks from IV). But sadly, the way I see things, there might not be a DLC at all and we will only get to have a sequel in the next game.

I also doubt we will see a sequel with Michael and Trevor thanks to way R* has handled the game's ending, their status is determinant to the player, so it's very likely that they wouldn't even get a mention in the story.

• Like 1

Guess what, mate. You're gonna wait all this time for them to release NOTHING. A pile of dung is better than nothing.

If R* released 25 S&F with a lot of shooting and action, wouldn't that be the equivalent of a SP DLC? I mean, it would litteraly be fully-fledged missions under the disguise of strangers and freaks. Only those missions would have nothing to do with the main story line.

I love Rockstars games for their narrative and unmatched storytelling, i want to follow characters on their journey and feel immersed, still up at 3.00 am when i should be sleeping because I cant wait to see what happens next.

Random strangers and freaks dors nothing for me at all

Why is S+F DLC "more of a reasonable request" ? They still have to record lines of dialogue. It would roughly be the same amount of work as a small DLC story.

American Viking

Here's the thing, when and more importantly IF Rockstar gets around to releasing some single player DLC, you can bet that there will be a few new strangers and freaks side missions added too. Hell, I'd be happy if they'd just release the few stranger and freaks missions that were cut from the base game. I still have faith that we will see single player DLC eventually...but I'm starting to feel like them bozos who search high and low for the non existent GTA V jetpack.