3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Elegy or Massacro Racecar?

Nonstopmaximum

Nonstopmaximum

I just started a new character and I've managed to complete 45 races on it so I got all the performance upgrades for that characters cars. Since my character is new I don't have much money on it to be wasting a whole lot so I was wondering if for more racing I should just upgrade my free Elegy right now or save some money and buy and upgrade a Massacro Racecar later.

Save up for the Massacro RC. It's a good investment if you want to win races in the sports class.

If you race against randoms, cheaper is ok (Elegy).

However, imo, Massacro racecar is a better overaller.

Misanthrope Z

the matchup between the Elegy RH8 and the Massacro RC depends mostly on what type of racetrack you're on.

but through my own personal experience, the Elegy seems better. but that's only because i've raced mostly on tracks with a lot of tight turns and corners

the Elegy has better grip, better acceleration and can fly through corners pretty smoothly. the Massacro RC is just faster on straights.

HighlyTurbable

the elegy is awd and is better handling, but im pretty sure the massacro has better top speed, i own both, and i use them both equally and have one many races in both, so i guess it comes down to price

I remember selling the Massacro racecar to get the yacht. I regret doing that, but I won't forget how important it was during sports races.

The top speed can contend with the Super cars, and when you got used to the handling, it was a beast at any circuit.

Great performance car, 10/10.

Nonstopmaximum

I just won 1st place on stock market crash with a fully upgraded Elegy and beated everyone else who were in Massacro racecars, Jester racecars and one Comet (all were custom cars btw) and I gotta say I really like the handling of the Elegy over the Massacro Racecar and I think I'll stick with it for a while

HighlyTurbable

I remember selling the Massacro racecar to get the yacht. I regret doing that, but I won't forget how important it was during sports races.

The top speed can contend with the Super cars, and when you got used to the handling, it was a beast at any circuit.

Great performance car, 10/10.

a toy yacht? lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just won 1st place on stock market crash with a fully upgraded Elegy and beated everyone else who were in Massacro racecars, Jester racecars and one Comet (all were custom cars btw) and I gotta say I really like the handling of the Elegy over the Massacro Racecar and I think I'll stick with it for a while

Not the cars. The drivers.

I'm pretty sure they were all randoms that pretty much sucked.

007JamesBond

Not the cars. The drivers.

I'm pretty sure they were all randoms that pretty much sucked.

well at least that's one race that isn't a supercar race (which for some reason randoms can't drive them decently)....

We Are Ninja

I've bought, modded, and sold the Elegy twice. That car does NOTHING for me. Even once I worked out how to drive it, I still couldn't get into it. The Massacro, on the other hand... Let's just say that, despite the fact that the Elegy is free, and I still don't have one. I do have five Massacro race cars, tho'.

TheSniperCat13

Depends on the track. I use the Elegy for tracks with lots of turns. The massacro is good for races with off road sections or long straights. Personally, I don't like how the massacro handles so I use the Schafter v12 for long straight races.

I've bought, modded, and sold the Elegy twice. That car does NOTHING for me. Even once I worked out how to drive it, I still couldn't get into it. The Massacro, on the other hand... Let's just say that, despite the fact that the Elegy is free, and I still don't have one. I do have five Massacro race cars, tho'.

How did you sell your Elegy?

007JamesBond

He bought one that wasn't free.....

The elegy is an awesome car for free, i have won plenty of races in that..

But if you fancy a sports car to race in, then my personal choice is the jester... That car is awesome..

• 1 month later...

Duh.

lord tammerlain

The Massacro is easier to drive and has a higher top speed,

The Elegy has much higher traction, and has a higher tendancy to spin out then the Massacro especially on bumpy roads.

So for beginner or average drivers the Massacro, or if the tracks are the ramming type.

The Elegy for higher skilled drivers on serious tracks, with the other drivers being clean.

The hot laps records done by players like Gunit123 do not allow the Elegy to be part of the list because of how good it is in the sports class ( in the hands of skilled drivers

Duh.

It must be an NG thing? I don't get it. I thought it was only available if you joined the Social Club and then it was free.

It is so helpful of you to type the word "duh" rather than putting together words to make a sentence and explain how one buys a free car that isn't free...

It must be an NG thing? I don't get it. I thought it was only available if you joined the Social Club and then it was free.

It is so helpful of you to type the word "duh" rather than putting together words to make a sentence and explain how one buys a free car that isn't free...

I didn't sell it. That was miscommunication on my part. I "got rid of" it. I replaced it with another vehicle. The Elegy is just as free (and unsellable) on current gen as it is on last gen. I was responding to sarcasm with sarcasm.

• Like 1

I didn't sell it. That was miscommunication on my part. I "got rid of" it. I replaced it with another vehicle. The Elegy is just as free (and unsellable) on current gen as it is on last gen. I was responding to sarcasm with sarcasm.

lol *facepalm

I am REALLY bad at detecting sarcasm online (especially for being such a sarcastic person as myself).

• Like 1

The Elegy has absurb amounts of grip but is an absolute dog to drive. The Massacro doesn't have the same insane grip but can easily compete due to its straight line speed and is a LOT more stable and easy to drive

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

if the Jester was free, I would quit my job... But now that we don't have to win races to unlock everything (I am the type to throw the race if I bump someone), I will just have to learn how to drive the Elegy. it drove the same exact way in GTASA, IMO

I hate that we have to have these ugly spoiler choices to improve traction and they don't even match the color of the car.... Rockstar is so lazy

I think elegy because it looks better to me at least and you spend a few hundred thousand dollars less overall

Massacro is absolutely awesome. It literally sticks to the road and driving it is a pleasure. It looks great too.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

The Elegy is a very decent option and with skill can still win a lot of of races but for me the Massacro Racecar is my go to sports car for racing and I'd say is better by a fair bit.

The handling is trickier of course , especially in the corners, but for real tricky tight tracks, or certain custom stunt jump ones, I'd also pick the Jester Racecar over the Elegy.

Don't get me wrong, the Elegy is a top top car especially as it's free, but it's a bit like the Zentorno (or even the T20) is now in the supers- you can be competitive and win a lot of the time, but against decent racers, especially on any tracks with straights, the faster cars like the RE-7B are going to win.

Edited by DLcoolJ

THE_RUSTYRAT_39

I love the Elegy RH8, although for it to be a true monster you hafta put the big race wing on it... otherwise the back slides all over... (witch is perfect for drifting!😉)