2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Is it worth keeping $1,000,000 in the bank to be a V.I.P.?

Blasterman4EVER

Is it worth keeping $1,000,000 in the bank to be a V.I.P.?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth keeping $1,000,000 in the bank to be a V.I.P.?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Blasterman4EVER

Simple question.

Do you think it is worth it to keep a million dollars in the bank in order to access V.I.P. status?

Or is it a waste, and that money would be better spent on something else?

BiscuitTheCat59

Yes, but I usually keep atleast a few mil in the bank for any updates that get released. It also gives you access to the VIP missions and the pay is decent from them.

Miss Malevolent

It's worth it to keep at least 10 million in the bank.

10 million should be your absolute base money. At this point, that's poor (if you're a day one player).

Blasterman4EVER

Easy cash? For the VIP or the bodyguards?

It's a good idea to have at least a million dollars in the bank regardless of VIP status. Unless you are a low level player scrounging and saving for a Buzzard or Savage which is an investment that will pay for itself many times over, there is absolutely no reason not to have at least some savings, and to continue to earn more than you spend until you are at least a multi-millionaire. VIP status is really just a small reward for financially responsible players.

The reason so many people have to grind every time a new update comes out is because they literally spend cash as fast as they make it, and they tend to waste it on crap they really don't even need. It's like the money literally burns a hole in their pocket, and they can't spend it fast enough. Consequently when something like Yachts comes out everyone is bitching and moaning about having to grind or buy shark cards to pay for it. If they didn't hemorrhage cash 24/7, they'd already have more than enough cash saved up to pay for one...and they also wouldn't buy it without carefully thinking it out and weighing their other options first.

Blasterman4EVER

10 million should be your absolute base money. At this point, that's poor (if you're a day one player).

Without glitching or hacking money in any way?

• Like 3

Shootinalloveryourface

You should keep at least $20million in the bank so you can drop the game and come back when you fancy, able to buy all the new things and muck about in free roam/do what you fancy.

My personal minimum is $30million

• Like 1

BiscuitTheCat59

Easy cash? For the VIP or the bodyguards?

VIP can start missions and they pay around 30k when complete. Only done one of them and I got 30K. I guess it's your choice to share your cash with the bodyguards. :p

The game has been out 2 years now. I checked my play time the other day and I've played for 1500 hours. I don't even really play that much. If you played a couple of times a week since release and did missions every now and again, you would have a lot of money.

• Like 5

Miss Malevolent

Yes.

The most I had was 88 million. Then the Lowrider Update came out and went down to 80 million. Got back up to 87 million (half assed playing) then the Executive Update and I'm down to 68 million.

All legit.

At this point, I'm not going to allow myself to dip below 50 million. But let's say I went insane...I would/could never allow myself to go past the 10 million mark as I consider that to be scraping the barrel when you're a day one player.

(Note: I'm aware that he has most likely blocked me, this is just for everyone else's information.)

One Criminal Mastermind and you're there.

In any case, maintaining a certain level of reserve money is far easier than earning it in the first place. You just watch your spending and play as usual.

• Like 3

how about 2.8 million and a nice Casio?

Casio.jpg

Edited by Captain Hammer
  • Like 7

Blasterman4EVER

Hmmm, keeping $10 million in the bank? I'm crunching some numbers, and for me, I'm not sure I'd ever be able to do that as a legit player.

Well, let me reveal some stats from my character:

- Level 435
- $107,200,000 million spent
- $870,000 in the bank
- 78 days of online play time
- 5 luxury properties
- All garages are full with 100% fully modded vehicles, including:

• All lowriders
  • All super cars (except the Vacca, but that doesn't count :evilgrin: )
  • nearly all sports cars
  • nearly all sports classics (no Stinger, Monroe, or Sterling, but I've owned all three and had to trash them - they're wastes)
  • NO street cars - if you can steal it, I don't want it (the average value of one of my garaged vehicles is probably between $750,000 and $1,000,000, maybe more)
  • Armored Kuruma, Insurgent, Brawler

- 30 Pegasus vehicles, including:

• Hydra
  • Rhino
  • Annihilator
  • Buzzard
  • Titan
  • Luxor
  • Dump
  • Shamal
  • Frogger

- all weapons, with all relevant modifications
- full ammo at all times
- the majority of all clothing items in the game, including:

• every suit
  • every pair of shoes except the lowrider update stuff
  • almost all all watches and most of the necklaces
  • almost all of the sunglasses

So, that means I've made at the very maximum, roughly $109 million, and spent almost everything I've ever made.

Also, I bounty, mug, and (occasionally) mercenaries players almost every single player session. It is definitely rare for me not to bounty or mug a player. I always bounty and mug that player with the highest K/DR as soon as I enter the session.

So I'm doing the math, and I'm not sure how I would ever be able to just sit on millions of dollars. I always spent it and use it. I could easily sell off assets and make a bunch of money, but I prize everything I own.

So, considering $100 million plus is roughly a legit income number for somebody at level 400, unless you don't like to own a lot of high-priced items, I'm going to have to say it's not worth it.

However, I could grind a short while again, and then be a millionaire again, so I'm undecided at the moment.

I'm not going to make any accusations against people glitching money in this thread, but I'd assume that if you save over 10 million dollars at any given time and around the same level as me, you don't hold the same assets that I do.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

It's worth having at least a million for anything you might need. Money is a useful thing to have, of course. If you're struggling to save anything, you probably shouldn't worry about VIP status, but I'd suggest getting with some crew members/friends and doing a few Pacific Standard heists every week and start racing/selling cars. Back before the Heists DLC was released, most of my money was made by racing, selling cars, and hunting bounties, once I realized that non-stop street-fighting was keeping me poor. Sure, it's a lot of fun, but it sucked to not have anything to show for it, so a couple of months after the game went online I started earning money and saving most of it. 2,500 gameplay hours later, I'm still having a lot of fun playing almost everyday.

Blasterman4EVER

It's worth having at least a million for anything you might need. Money is a useful thing to have, of course. If you're struggling to save anything, you probably shouldn't worry about VIP status, but I'd suggest getting with some crew members/friends and doing a few Pacific Standard heists every week and start racing/selling cars. Back before the Heists DLC was released, most of my money was made by racing, selling cars, and hunting bounties, once I realized that non-stop street-fighting was keeping me poor. Sure, it's a lot of fun, but it sucked to not have anything to show for it, so a couple of months after the game went online I started earning money and saving most of it. 2,500 gameplay hours later, I'm still having a lot of fun playing almost everyday.

I've done roughly 2,000 races.

I've also done the Criminal Mastermind challenge.

I guess I just manage money poorly. I don't like looking at money in a bank account.

I like bountying people and watching them run across the map.

You've got over 750 hours more game time than me, though, so you should definitely have more than me saved up.

If you're a VIP you can go into invite only and easily earn over $500K in the 4 hours VIP time you have. There is a cool down between VIP work, but you can do contact missions during this time and that stops the VIP clock counting down (but not the cool-down). You can basically stop the VIP session clock *and* make money at the same time.

So if you're willing to work both times then 2 sessions of being a VIP will have easily made you over a million, therefore both negating the question and answering it at the same time.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 8

LOL.
  • Like 3

Blasterman4EVER

LOL.

She does sound ridiculous, doesn't she?

Look, Miss, maybe you don't have similar assets, or maybe you've got a lot more play time. What's your play time?

I want to have a million in the bank, but I also want to own everything that is awesome, and blow my money being an asshole.

I don't think twice about destroying anybody in any personal vehicle if they pose any threat whatsoever. I wonder how much money I've spent blowing up personal vehicles... is there a stat somewhere for that?

• Like 1

Miss Malevolent

So, that means I've made at the very maximum, roughly $109 million, and spent almost everything I've ever made.

Also, I bounty, mug, and mercenaries players almost every single player session.

So I'm doing the math, and I'm not sure how I would ever be able to just sit on millions of dollars. I always spent it and use it. I could easily sell off assets and make a bunch of money, but I prize everything I own.

So, considering $100 million plus is roughly a legit income number for somebody at level 400, unless you don't like to own a lot of high-priced items, I'm going to have to say it's not worth it.

However, I could grind a short while again, and then be a millionaire again, so I'm undecided at the moment.

I'm not going to make any accusations against people glitching money in this thread, but I'd assume that if you save over 10 million dollars at any given time and around the same level as me, you don't hold the same assets that I do.

I do. I have two characters in fact.

Male and Female have all clothes, accessories, masks and outfits. ALL of them.

60+ (over two characters) Fully modded vehicles.

Since the female is my main account she has 26 or more Pegasus vehicles and the Yacht.

The male has probably 11 Pegasus vehicles

They both have Stilt Houses, He's got the new Executive suite, she still has Del Perro and 3 garages each.

So I have double your assets. And I also make double the money when doing daily objectives.

The difference between you and I is you're a free roam warrior and that will always be a money drain.

Yes, budgeting will help you amass wealth. And as you stated, you have to decide if it's worth it to you.

When I would make one million...I'd reset to zero. Because I wasn't going to go below 1 mill. When I got to 10 million, I reset to zero, because I wasn't going to go below 10 mill. Now my baseline is 50 million...which is why I'm going to be more actively playing since I spent so much money this update.

I'm always preparing for the next update.

I don't see why this is so ridiculous?

Edited by Miss Malevolent

Blasterman4EVER

Also, I bounty, mug, and mercenaries players almost every single player session.

I do. I have two characters in fact.

Male and Female have all clothes, accessories, masks and outfits. ALL of them.

60+ (over two characters) Fully modded vehicles.

Since the female is my main account she has 26 or more Pegasus vehicles and the Yacht.

The male has probably 11-14 (I'd have check) Pegasus vehicles

They both have Stilt Houses, He's got the new Executive suite, she still has Del Perro and 3 garages each.

So I have double your assets. And I also make double the money when doing daily objectives.

The difference between you and I is you're a free roam warrior and that will always be a money drain.

Yes, budgeting will help you amass wealth. And as you stated, you have to decide if it's worth it to you.

When I would make one million...I'd reset to zero. Because I wasn't going to go below 1 mill. When I got to 10 million, I reset to zero, because I wasn't going to go below 10 mill. Now my baseline is 50 million...which is why I'm going to be more actively playing since I spent so much money this update.

I'm always preparing for the next update.

I don't see why this is so ridiculous?

Because you're saying that having ten million dollars in spite of owning all of that stuff and spending all that money makes me poor. I don't think so. I even had 4 billion dropped at me in the first year (wiped obviously).

Wait, wait --- all of that is nuts, and quite impressive, but how much playtime do you have?

And I'm kind of foggy on the reset to zero thing?

Are you talking about character wipes?

And have you ever bought a shark card?

I'm really not a free roam warrior... but I have been in the past. But I do spend more money on call-in services than a lot of people... almost all people, actually.

Basically, what is your total legit income/money spent? And your hours played?

Blasterman4EVER

Furry Monkey answered the question.

/thread

Why do so many alley-cats do this "/thread" thing? It's a poll, little kitty. Why the hell would the thread be closed because of one comment? Calm down before you get hit by a garbage truck. (added to ignore preferences - don't troll so obviously if you want to be acknowledged)

...and there isn't even a post by that orangoutang here anyway.

Shootinalloveryourface

Blasterman has ignored so many people he can't see half of the responses to his own thread lmao

/thread

Hmmm, keeping $10 million in the bank? I'm crunching some numbers, and for me, I'm not sure I'd ever been able to do that as a legit player.

Well, let me reveal some stats from my character:

- Level 435

- $107,200,000 million spent

- $870,000 in the bank

- 78 days of online play time

- 5 luxury properties

- All garages are full with 100% fully modded vehicles, including:

• All lowriders
  • All super cars
  • nearly all sports cars
  • nearly all sports classics
  • NO street cars (the average value of one of my garaged vehicles is probably between $750,000 and $1,000,000)
- 30 Pegasus vehicles, including:
  • Hydra
  • Rhino
  • Annihilator
  • Buzzard
  • Titan
  • Luxor
  • Dump
  • Shamal
  • Frogger
- all weapons, with all relevant modifications

- full ammo at all times

- almost every clothing article in the game, including:

• every suit
  • every pair of shoes except the lowrider update stuff
  • almost all all watches and most of the necklaces
  • almost all of the sunglasses

I agree. I'm dirt poor bc I've played a lot and have spent a lot. Anyone with that kind of cash has to either not spend it or glitch or use shark cards.