2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

I'm not receiving job requests from my contacts

TommyKing5

Hi all,

I have played GTA since launch, for the 360, then Xbone. I got rid of the Xbox for the PS4, and recently purchased GTA V as it was 45% off in the recent PSN sale.
I immediately hopped onto online, got to level 5 so I could do some solo contact missions to level up a bit. But I haven't received any requests from Gerald or Simeon, even though their basic missions start popping up at level 5. I'm now level 10 and still haven't got any popups from the missions.

This is incredibly annoying as I want to level up in my own time and earn some cash solo. I can join 'quick jobs' via the phone but keep getting high level missions and people just kick me out.

The only reason to why I think it's doing this is because I had to run an errand during the tutorial and quit halfway through.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi all,

I have played GTA since launch, for the 360, then Xbone. I got rid of the Xbox for the PS4, and recently purchased GTA V as it was 45% off in the recent PSN sale.

I immediately hopped onto online, got to level 5 so I could do some solo contact missions to level up a bit. But I haven't received any requests from Gerald or Simeon, even though their basic missions start popping up at level 5. I'm now level 10 and still haven't got any popups from the missions.

This is incredibly annoying as I want to level up in my own time and earn some cash solo. I can join 'quick jobs' via the phone but keep getting high level missions and people just kick me out.

The only reason to why I think it's doing this is because I had to run an errand during the tutorial and quit halfway through.

I believe you can call them and Request a mission, Or join go to your phone and join quick job mission

Hi all,

I believe you can call them and Request a mission, Or join go to your phone and join quick job mission

I've tried calling Gerald and Simeon, but the 'request job' is locked, it says that no jobs are available. I tried going into missions in the jobs menu and it says there are no jobs available at the present. I mainly play solo but obviously quick job is out of the question when I don't want to play with others.

Hi all,

I've tried calling Gerald and Simeon, but the 'request job' is locked, it says that no jobs are available. I tried going into missions in the jobs menu and it says there are no jobs available at the present. I mainly play solo but obviously quick job is out of the question when I don't want to play with others.

I don't think you have much of a choice, Play a few missions with others to get a higher rank and then jobs should start unlocking...

I see. I just found it weird as all my previous characters I would get the initial invites to the jobs pretty quickly after returning to freemode. But I guess I'll wait.

Annuit Coeptis

Hmm.. most jobs unlock after level 20-25(if you skipped the tutorial) . Happened to me on my 2nd character. Play with some friends, tell them to kill people while you hide in cover/in a car etc. You'll level up pretty fast if your friends are good and have 1-2 hours.

I can help you out in-game if you want. PM me your PSN I.D. and I hope we can figure something out :)

Good luck.

Edited by Annuit Coeptis