2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Lamar missions, why so hard?

VicariousXIV

So by "hard" I mean hard to finish, and not as in difficult to get through either! I am talking about how someone ALWAYS f*ckING QUITS!

Like none of you have even died, you haven't had to restart once, and you're about halfway through the mission, and someone will almost always drop out without saying a single word.

Is there something wrong with the servers so they keep dropping people? Are people just generally being assholes with these missions for some reason? Or am I seriously just THAT f*cking unlucky? Cause I had to play through the first 3 around 10 times each before someone actually stayed, and I'm stuck on the funeral party one, and someone is almost guaranteed to drop while we'll driving to the funeral, actually making it there is a f*cking achievement!

And that's all ofc you don't get some suiciding twat bitch just there to ruin everyone's time for the sole reason of ruining everyone's time.....

EDIT: In the middle of killing everyone at the funeral the FIRST time, no restarts, and someone quits.... without f*cking fail someone will always f*cking quit! What is this bullsh*t!?

EDIT2: 2 more quits since I've made this post.... I've been trying to get this f*cking "Funeral Party" mission done for over 4 hours now and I keep getting kicked out cause some f*cktwat without fail will quit inexplicably in the middle of the frickin mission!!!!!! WTF IS THIS!?!?!? For the love of all that is holy how the f*ck do I get through ANYTHING if someone will always f*cking quit for no god damned f*cking reason!?

Edited by VicariousXIV

Finishing the Lamar missions these days is more difficult than finishing a heist. I can hardly get a full lobby to launch the first mission, and when I do, someone always dies at the LSIA shootout and quits lol.

There was a glitch you could do with Funeral Party to get saved outfits so a lot of people were quitting the mission to try and

save outfits (patched now I believe) so that could be part of the problem.

I've not had anyone quit yet but I have not managed to complete that mission either due to randoms getting killed.

Heist missions need all 4 players because of 4 different objectives, but Lamar missions don't have 4_different objectives, usually just 2 to be done as a pair. So really no reason 1 player droping out should force a restart. This missions can easily be done 2 players. Just drop the player and let the rest continue and slit the dropped players cut.

I still haven't got through all of the Lamar missions due to the necessity to team up with others. It's a stupid restriction. I've sat in lobbies with two other players, waiting for a final team member to join and almost every time they get bored and bail... so frustrating. Even then, if we finally get to the missions, the ones I have played really weren't worth the wait.

Contact missions can be done solo (sometimes difficult but the option is there), so why can't the Lamar missions be structured more like them? The need to have other players to even begin them just blocks content if you can't get people to stick around or the connection drops out.

Lamborghini1335

First ti me I did the funeral mission, some asshat grenades to middle of the parking lot blowing up one of the hearses. Second play through the same person leaves the mission. Now I don't know about you guys but I'd rather take myself to do it and have 4 or 5 extra lives to do this mission then be forced to do it with 4 players.

Having tried again to get started on Lamar missions yesterday I continue to be frustrated.

Could not even get the mission started without somebody leaving or dying in the shoot out. Rockstar really need to review

the requirements for these missions, a very good friend in game pointed out that by simply playing Rockstar must think the missions

are popular and working well.

Would be interesting if they have a stat for amount of completions/fails, surely these must rank highest fail rate in game due to

the 4 player restriction, hopefully I can get some friends together over holidays and finally do these jobs.

Something needs to be done about these heists. They aren't hard but some players seem to be incapable of staying alive. I spent an hour in the setup mission where you collect garbage bags, in a random group everyone over rank 100 and they just kept dying. And it wasn't on purpose. But somehow they would die. I mean this content isn't any harder than normal missions, the only difference is that you get no extra lives.

I realize I'm speaking of heist when convo is about Lamar missions but the same applies.

And for both, stop sending us back to open lobby just cuz someone quits. Let us go back to pre-mission screen and wait for another to que up.

Edited by Revoemag

Something needs to be done about these heists. They aren't hard but some players seem to be incapable of staying alive. I spent an hour in the setup mission where you collect garbage bags, in a random group everyone over rank 100 and they just kept dying. And it wasn't on purpose. But somehow they would die. I mean this content isn't any harder than normal missions, the only difference is that you get no extra lives.

I realize I'm speaking of heist when convo is about Lamar missions but the same applies.

And for both, stop sending us back to open lobby just cuz someone quits. Let us go back to pre-mission screen and wait for another to que up.

Sorry to go a bit off topic from the Lamar missions but I know what you mean about the Trash Truck set up. I've been trying to get it done for days now and I keep getting low rank people joining as in under rank 30, quite often under rank 10. They just keep dying on me constantly. I'm guessing they just aren't using snacks between pickup spots when the truck is driving so when they get to the next location they still have low health from the previous shoot out. So frustrating though. On one occasion I'd actually managed to finish all the shooting parts only for someone to then leave straight after before we all got back on the truck so it didn't count.

Back to the Lamar missions though I find the toughest one to do is the last one when you have to defend the shop. To be fair this part of the mission is quite hard in my opinion even using snacks and armour but the amount of times people die is ridiculous. I imagine the stealth one would be quite hard too with a random. I've only done it twice but luckily on both accounts I had someone join that held up their end of it reasonably well.

Lamar missions are awesome.. But the biggest flaw is the fact that its set up like heist.

You NEED players to play. If someone DIES its over.. That is what make its lame..

Should have been set up like contact missions.