3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Liberty City Stories Released on iOS!

RyanBurnsRed

So for those that have the game: does it support accelerometer steering?

Also how the hell do you sprint? Holding down the sprint/jump button only makes Toni jump lol.

I haven't got the iOS version yet but from past mobile GTA games there's accelerometer option in control settings

Jumping is assigned to double tapping the sprint button.

I figured it out. When I enable the 3D touch steering it disables the accelerometer steering. And when I enable the 3D touch sprinting it changes the sprinting controls like how I described it.

I'm playing this on the iPhone 6S so it gives me those options. It's a first for me so I was confused, but I've got it all figured out now. Thanks for the help nevertheless.

Lethal Vaccine

r8gol1.png

That's the Crusher Glitch. Nice job. To make it DP, just store it in a Garage. Be careful when it grows in size that much, though, cuz it can cause the game to glitch out. To resize the Vehicle, make it fall through Blue Hell and when it respawns back on land, it will be shrunk to normal size again, but beware, it will continue to try and grow once more. To fix the size before storing it in a Garage, always fall through Blue Hell and get respawned back on land.

Btw, that is the EC Chocolate Patriot from "A Volatile Situation" where you kill a bunch of Sindacco's that are coming to plant a bomb at a Leone place. There is much better Special Patriot's in LCS, so I never cared for this EC one :D

If you like to chat about Special Vehicles and such, just go to the Unique Vehicles Topic for LCS...

Edited by Militia
  • Like 4
gamerzworld

<snip>

Heh reminds me of the old days with CheatDevice and Pimp My Garage.

Edited by gamerzworld
  • Like 2
Wheatley

I hope it will be optimized for Android devices, unlike SA. I really want to play this on my Samsung Galaxy S5

Lel SA works fine on my S5, untill i record it.

Let's hope it's optimized like III, because VC is NOT optimized and after 5 minutes of playing it lags like running a PS2 game on a 3 year old PC

There's a reason why GTA SA runs like garbage on even the most recent powerful android devices. Basically, on iOS the game runs perfectly - no frame drops, max settings, 60FPS. This is because War Drum Studios used both the GPU and CPU on the device for the game - the GPU handles the graphics (obviously) and the CPU handles everything else (running the application, doing all the backend work etc).

When the game was ported to Android, however, War Drum Studios cut corners. They made it so the CPU does basically everything on the game - draws the graphics, does all the backend and frontend stuff, runs the application. The GPU is pretty much never used by the application. The CPU is working overtime just to run the game, and it lags because putting the settings up means more work for the CPU. Meanwhile, the GPU is just sitting there doing nothing.

I just hope it isn't the same for LCS.

Big_Smiley

I hope it will be optimized for Android devices, unlike SA. I really want to play this on my Samsung Galaxy S5

Lel SA works fine on my S5, untill i record it.

Let's hope it's optimized like III, because VC is NOT optimized and after 5 minutes of playing it lags like running a PS2 game on a 3 year old PC

There's a reason why GTA SA runs like garbage on even the most recent powerful android devices. Basically, on iOS the game runs perfectly - no frame drops, max settings, 60FPS. This is because War Drum Studios used both the GPU and CPU on the device for the game - the GPU handles the graphics (obviously) and the CPU handles everything else (running the application, doing all the backend work etc).

When the game was ported to Android, however, War Drum Studios cut corners. They made it so the CPU does basically everything on the game - draws the graphics, does all the backend and frontend stuff, runs the application. The GPU is pretty much never used by the application. The CPU is working overtime just to run the game, and it lags because putting the settings up means more work for the CPU. Meanwhile, the GPU is just sitting there doing nothing.

I just hope it isn't the same for LCS.

This pretty much explains everything about SA lagging on my phone. On my galaxy S6 i can hardly play the game with shadow effects maxed out. I would have to turn off the car reflections to make SA playable with the shadow effects tuned all the way to max. After i disabled the car reflections the game would run really smooth. Really hope LCS isn't like this when it releases to Android.
DragonpokeZ

So has anyone tried to get a helicopter yet?

Hey, this reminds me. @Militia, I have a special request. Try and obtain the FP/EC Black Maverick from 'Calm Before The Storm'

RyanBurnsRed

Is there any difference in frame rate between the 6 Plus and 6S Plus versions?

Maybe someone with a regular 6 Plus can chime in, but on my 6S I don't notice any framerate stutter, just really bad pop-in and rain effects

DANIEL3GS

Is there any difference between the 6 plus and 6S plus versions?

It also uses 3D touch.

r8gol1.png

HAHAHA, funny as f*ck.

man... the hud looks ugly.

why your car is huge than others?

It does look the same as always?!

Some screenshots i took on my 5S.

http://imgur.com/dSbu0Ie,lWPXA5h

Edited by DANIEL3GS
FalconKing

r8gol1.png

HAHAHA, funny as f*ck.

man... the hud looks ugly.

It's that car crusher glitch where it makes the car damage proof... (and in process the car stretches bigger and bigger until it falls down and repeat (the cars because non-soild too). you have to park it inside your garage to fix that.

Lethal Vaccine

So has anyone tried to get a helicopter yet?

Well, I have a Photo of mine posted on the previous page, but it's from my PS2 Save. Mobile Version is the exact same, so I'd imagine it's simple to obtain from False Idols.

sh*t, I might as well go ahead and get it for my iOS Save, too, but I haven't started it yet since I am busy with working these days as well as finishing up my almighty PS2 Save for SA. Once that is done, I will start on LCS for iOS and do a 48% Starter Save, followed by finishing the Game off to 100% and with 12 Special Vehicles. The Unique Maverick will be one of them, but it's simple to get...

Hey, this reminds me. @Militia, I have a special request. Try and obtain the FP/EC Black Maverick from 'Calm Before The Storm'

I can try, but it's not gonna work. Doesn't work on PSP and doesn't work on PS2 to get this specific Maverick from this specific Mission and the Mobile Version is the PS2 Version as we know since blown up wrecks don't restore, etc.

There is such an easy Maverick in False Idols to obtain and I recommend getting it from that Mission. If people were playing on PSP, I'd suggest getting the FP Maverick from The Passion of the Heist, but blown up wrecks don't restore, thus this one is unobtainable on PS2 and Mobile. Only PSP can get this.......Just like that damn Banshee...

This Crusher Glitch also works in GTA III. Obviously LCS, too, cuz both Games share the same map, basically, and the Crusher at the junkyard exists in both Games.

These have been known since the mid 2000's btw...

To everyone who wanted to see helicopter on iOS, here you go:

3HYem9I.pngFun fact: analog "stick" doesn't work. Only throttle, brake and tilt left/right work.

Edit: analog works if you change input method to analog, so it's not that bad, but I still don't see a way to turn it left/right.

Edited by Nick007J
  • Like 5
Irrational

Ha, they even made an icon "button" for the choppers, although the player's not meant to fly them.

Edited by Irrational
  • Like 3
DANIEL3GS

To everyone who wanted to see helicopter on iOS, here you go:

3HYem9I.pngFun fact: analog "stick" doesn't work. Only throttle, brake and tilt left/right work.

Edit: analog works if you change input method to analog, so it's not that bad, but I still don't see a way to turn it left/right.

Where did you find it

Lethal Vaccine

Dude, that is the FP/EC Maverick from The Calm Before the Storm. It's not fully obtainable. If you fly away during the Mission, the game will waste Toni and delete the Vehicle.

The only one which can be fully obtainable is from False Idols and that is a Staunton Island Story Mission for the Church Confessional...

I've been saying this for two pages, does anyone read? Lol

DragonpokeZ

dat texture tho.

IMG_1091.png

Damn. Hunter meets Spongebob

No they don't. They only care for visuals:

• Like 2

Dude, that is the FP/EC Maverick from The Calm Before the Storm. It's not fully obtainable. If you fly away during the Mission, the game will waste Toni and delete the Vehicle.

The only one which can be fully obtainable is from False Idols and that is a Staunton Island Story Mission for the Church Confessional...

There are ways to fly it away from Chinatown, but I see your point, this one can't be saved in a garage.

dat texture tho.

IMG_1091.png

I don't see any problem getting it from Calm Before the Storm. Besides, I was more interested in how on-screen controls look like for heli. Edited by Nick007J

I kinda miss War Drums.. They even remastered unused content too :D

More unused vehicle screenshots:

IMG_0022.png

IMG_0023.png

IMG_0024.png

Still not flyable.

IMG_0025.png

EDIT:

You can actually fly the rc goblin without crashing the game!

IMG_0026.png

Edited by countergame
  • Like 3
Inadequate

I kinda miss War Drums.. They even remastered unused content too :D

More unused vehicle screenshots:

IMG_0022.png

IMG_0023.png

IMG_0024.png

Still not flyable.

IMG_0025.png

EDIT:

You can actually fly the rc goblin without crashing the game!

IMG_0026.png

Haha, nice stuff.

Lethal Vaccine

You can get a Unique/AP RC Raider in San Andreas legit, but it can't be flown like it can in LCS. However, these don't exist in LCS in normal gameplay...

Stoney0503

Stupid question here. Did they fix the roofs?

Since they're using GTA 3 textures, they might of added textures to some roofs, as for collision I doubt it.