3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Liberty City Stories Released on iOS!

gajrajgchouhan

So for those that have the game: does it support accelerometer steering?

Also how the hell do you sprint? Holding down the sprint/jump button only makes Toni jump lol.

I have not played any GTA game in mobile, but you should move forward then press sprint button to sprint.

• Like 1
RyanBurnsRed

Also how the hell do you sprint? Holding down the sprint/jump button only makes Toni jump lol.

I have not played any GTA game in mobile, but you should move forward then press sprint button to sprint.

Unfortunately it doesn't make a difference. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong so I'll start a new game and pay attention to the little hints next time.

Still wondering on that accelerometer steering though. There is an option for accelerometer but the game doesn't seem to use it. Don't know if it's dependent on another setting or not. Any help is appreciated :)

Fooking Rekt

I hope it will be optimized for Android devices, unlike SA. I really want to play this on my Samsung Galaxy S5

Lel SA works fine on my S5, untill i record it.

Let's hope it's optimized like III, because VC is NOT optimized and after 5 minutes of playing it lags like running a PS2 game on a 3 year old PC

Edited by Fooking Rekt
gamerzworld

Has anyone attempted to procure a helicopter from this glitch? I'm curious if the new hud makes any accommodations for it.

Lethal Vaccine

Water trick still working 100%!!! j0k5dy.png

plogg.png

Yeah, this is how to get all the BP/EP/FP Vehicles from Car Salesman. It's very easy to obtain these. Once you have one of these, just use the Crusher Glitch to convert it to DP. So now it'll be completely indestructible, including from crashing.

Has anyone attempted to procure a helicopter from this glitch? I'm curious if the new hud makes any accommodations for it.

I have the Unique Maverick in my 4th LCS PS2 Save out of 6. It's easy to get on PS2 and the iOS Port is like the PS2 Port so it should be the same way to get it.

The Maverick from Calm Before the Storm isn't fully obtainable. But the one from False Idols is...

See my Unique Maverick here inside the Shoreside Vale Safehouse with a FP/PP Barracks OL, FP Securicar, and EP/PP Securicar:

caPzJ0I.jpg?1

Edited by Militia
Irrational

Wow the hud is even uglier when you have larger life.

My only complaint is with the reused III weapon icons.

Yeah, this is how to get all the BP/EP/FP Vehicles from Car Salesman. It's very easy to obtain these. Once you have one of these, just use the Crusher Glitch to convert it to DP. So now it'll be completely indestructible, including from crashing.

Send me the vid for the crusher glitch please! Edited by GTAKid667
gamerzworld

What about LCS on Windows Phone?

How long did it take for SA to get released on it?

About a month.

• Like 1
Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Had some great little times on this back on them cold winter nights of 2005. Might get it for windows if it comes out.

RyanBurnsRed

Figured out the sprinting. When moving you just press down with your left thumb. The 3D touch determines how fast you run the harder you press down.

Still no luck on the accelerometer steering though

Lethal Vaccine

Send me the vid for the crusher glitch please!

Make note that you do NOT have to use Avenging Angels Side Mission to convert them to DP. All you gotta do is pick up a Hooker in Chinatown and have her in the front seat for this trick to work. Using a Hooker will NOT add any extra Mission Attempts to the Stats. Using Avenging Angels does add more Attempts each time you use it to make Vehicles DP until AFTER you reach 100% and finished all 3 Avenging Angels Side Missions.

Hookers don't get into ALL Vehicles, though, but they get into majority. Some they don't enter is Gang Vehicles, Large Trucks, Helicopters, Motorcycles, etc, etc.

Good luck and have fun with that AP Cheetah.

There is even another conversion trick to make any Vehicle that has tires into BP tires.

I basically know all the tricks for every GTA at this rate, lol

I haven't got the iOS version yet but from past mobile GTA games there's accelerometer option in control settings

Jumping is assigned to double tapping the sprint button.

Edited by Guest

Can anyone perhaps send me a save game for iOS, or upload a save game with the islands unlocked? not necessarily 100%? Thanks a lot

Simply_Wasted

Wow the hud is even uglier when you have larger life.

My only complaint is with the reused III weapon icons. Yeah same here. Didn't like that R* used some gta 3 weapon icons. Not of a big deal though it doesn't ruin the game completely.
NightmanCometh96

For anyone who may be interested, I found a way to bump up the framerate cap on iPhones below the 6S (Plus) from 30FPS to 60FPS. LCS doesn't have a "gta.set" file like III/VC/SA do (at least not anything that I've found yet); instead, it seems the app itself changes the graphics settings (and the FPS cap) depending on what device it detects. This trick will essentially fool LCS into thinking it is being played on an iPhone 6S (Plus).

The only catch is that this involves using Cydia, so you'll have to jailbreak your device to get it to work. Tested with my iPhone 6 Plus; it should work fine on older devices, but I can't 100% guarantee anything.

1) Download "Anywhere!" from Cydia and open the app once your device resprings.

2) Open the "Virtual machine" tab and select "Modify the iPhone series model". There is an iPad option, but it won't help since the app doesn't have an option for the Pro yet (which also has the 60FPS cap).

3) Select iPhone 6S (Plus). It will give you a list of apps to choose from. Select GTA LCS.

4) The game should be capped at 60FPS now. However, since all iPhones below the 6S have weaker hardware in comparison, the performance won't be consistent; you may not even notice it at first. Try going to a less populated area (i.e the beach at Salvatore's mansion) or make the camera face downwards to see the effects more clearly.

Edited by CartmanKusanagi
gamerzworld

For anyone who may be interested, I found a way to bump up the framerate cap on iPhones below the 6S (Plus) from 30FPS to 60FPS. LCS doesn't have a "gta.set" file like III/VC/SA do (at least not anything that I've found yet); instead, it seems the app itself changes the graphics settings (and the FPS cap) depending on what device it detects. This trick will essentially fool LCS into thinking it is being played on an iPhone 6S (Plus).

Yes it does. It's in the same folder as the saved games.

• Like 1
NightmanCometh96

I'm a complete idiot. I was checking the main folder and not the documents one. Thanks for pointing that out :)

• Like 1
Gummy 

I hope it will be optimized for Android devices, unlike SA. I really want to play this on my Samsung Galaxy S5

Let's hope it's optimized like III, because VC is NOT optimized and after 5 minutes of playing it lags like running a PS2 game on a 3 year old PC

Really? What settings?

NightmanCometh96

Is there any difference between the 6 plus and 6S plus versions?

The game runs at 60FPS on the 6S, 6S Plus, and iPad Pro. It's capped at 30FPS on every other iPhone/iPad, including the regular 6 Plus. Aside from that, they're exactly the same.

Fooking Rekt

Really? What settings?

Display & Draw distance on 100%, Visual settings Max, Car reflections Low, Shadows Off.

2ztczk7.png wo I went to check the Taxi place and only yellow taxi....

2ztczk7.png so I did the 100 fares or in this case 98 on iOS went to the taxi place all I saw/See is yellow taxis...

Big_Smiley

^^ What's up with the reused weapon icons? Don't have LCS on mobile yet since i'm an Andriod user. But why reuse the same icons from lll and VC? I don't get why R* didn't want to keep the original icons :dozing:

Edited by GTA_The_Series
  • Like 2