2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Stoney0503

Liberty City Stories Released on iOS!

The Duke Of Nukes

Car Salesman goes up to Level 9, I am almost positive. I got to Level 6, like on PS2 which is required, and the Yellow Marker is still active, like on PS2, even after 100% to replay the Side Mission. So I'd imagine you can do Level 9 and make it snow, but once Level 9 is passed and you save the game, it's gone for good...

Plus, Car Salesman has all BP/EP/FP Vehicles in the Mission. It wouldn't be very good to fully disable the Mission...

But has anyone actually reached level 9 on the car salesman and actually figured out if it snows on the mobile version? Because I heard it was a port of the PS2 version, and I've heard that unlike the PSP version, the PS2 version does not have snow.

gamerzworld

I can't say anything about snow in Car Salesman, but audio quality of radiostations is very good, it's ripped from PS2 version by MFAudio.

Most of the audio is ripped via MFAudio, however, the radio seems to come from the masters according to the MP3 metadata. Makes sense as a few of the stations were edited for song licenses. Sadly the stations are only 128kbps. Edited by gamerzworld

Lethal Vaccine

But has anyone actually reached level 9 on the car salesman and actually figured out if it snows on the mobile version? Because I heard it was a port of the PS2 version, and I've heard that unlike the PSP version, the PS2 version does not have snow.

Not true. My friend jam8tone has LCS on PSP and he shows passing Level 9 and it snowing. So yes...It DOES snow on PSP, it DOES snow on PS2 and it DOES snow for Android and iOS, I'd imagine, considering it's the PS2 Port and after Level 6 is passed, Car Salesman is still enabled...Like Bike Salesman, too.

_CP_

@gamerzworld

Yep, my bad, I said it too generally, radios are taken from source files, that's a good point for Lucid.

gamerzworld

@gamerzworld

Yep, my bad, I said it too generally, radios are taken from source files, that's a good point for Lucid.

Not really a point for Lucid. The radio had to be remixed for legal reasons. I'm positive it wasn't even Lucid that did it - it would have likely been some audio team at Rockstar that remixed them and sent them over to Lucid.

Edited by gamerzworld

The Duke Of Nukes

Not true. My friend jam8tone has LCS on PSP and he shows passing Level 9 and it snowing. So yes...It DOES snow on PSP, it DOES snow on PS2 and it DOES snow for Android and iOS, I'd imagine, considering it's the PS2 Port and after Level 6 is passed, Car Salesman is still enabled...Like Bike Salesman, too.

No, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't snow on the PS2 version of the game, it does in the PSP version but I wonder if it does on the mobile version, but no one seems to know or check.

Lethal Vaccine

Nope. I have PS2 Version and it certainly DOES snow in my Version. But it's only temporary and lasts only a few minutes...Just like it does on PSP. I am sure it works the same on Mobile. It's true, nobody tried it yet, though.

gamerzworld

@gamerzworld

Not really a point for Lucid. The radio had to be remixed for legal reasons. I'm positive it wasn't even Lucid that did it - it would have likely been some audio team at Rockstar that remixed them and sent them over to Lucid.

In fact, maybe we should minus a point. Looks like they exported the master to another format and then used a third-party utility to convert it to MP3, instead of just exporting directly from the audio mixing program. Hopefully it was a raw/lossless format they converted from. At least they used VBR and not a low CBR.

2007140651.png

Edited by gamerzworld

FilipCRO

This game runs in 30 FPS on Androids, right?

The game runs okay on my HTC 10 (not as good as on IPhone 6s though),

I think rockstar could have made the Android version better for the flagship devices like mine or Galaxy S7...

Edited by FilipCRO

CartmanKusanagi

This game runs in 30 FPS on Androids, right?

The game runs okay on my HTC 10 (not as good as on IPhone 6s though),

I think rockstar could have made the Android version better for the flagship devices like mine or Galaxy S7...

Older patches of the Android version had an unlocked framerate. I backed up the APK for version 1.8, which runs at 60FPS on my Shield Tablet.

1.9 locked it at 30FPS for some reason (the Google Play reviews back this up), so I haven't updated LCS in awhile.

Edited by CartmanKusanagi

Rachel Amber

is this is possible to get back those cut songs in android version ? convert them somehow from ps2

zmudziak32

Actually Lucid Games uses MFAudio to comvert radio stations.

Ash_735

No they didn't, they had the masters for the radio, everything else was exported with MFAudio.

Claude_Lib

is this is possible to get back those cut songs in android version ? convert them somehow from ps2

Yes, it is possible. You download PSP or PS2 copy of the game somewhere, rip the radio files and convert them to whatever format mobile version is using, then you put them into the mobile version. However the last part will require you to have jailbreak/root.

gamerzworld

You couldn't read what was literally above on the same page?

Jack Lupino

**BUMP**

All I want to know is has anyone tried to play LCS on pc from android via Bluestack?

Does it lag and/or if it is playable with keyboard and mouse?

Claude_Lib

I confirm that it's totally playable with DualShock on PC via RemixOS.

Jack Lupino

I confirm that it's totally playable with DualShock on PC via RemixOS.

Thanks for your response.

But how is the controls?