2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

uNi

GTAForums Stylebot Index

PhillBellic

It would be cool if some of these became Official Themes. :)

Annuit Coeptis

The red theme (credit: android) looks nice but some parts are still blue, like the quotes. Can anyone find a fix for this?

Edit: nothing works with the 2013 theme,.

Edited by Annuit Coeptis

Flachbau

You can't change the button color with Stylebot. I've tried multiple times. Thankfully you can change the text color. It doesn't look too bad with the blue buttons, it gives it some contrast.

Edited by Android

Ai®a©ob®a

You can't change the button color with Stylebot. I've tried multiple times. Thankfully you can change the text color. It doesn't look too bad with the blue buttons, it gives it some contrast.

How did you get the posts to turn black, i could only get the background itself to turn black..

Flachbau

Are you clicking on the proper section? The post section is labeled as "div.post_wrap". Under Color and Background, you need to place a color code with in the background text box. Be sure to include a # in front of the code.

Ai®a©ob®a

Are you clicking on the proper section? The post section is labeled as "div.post_wrap". Under Color and Background, you need to place a color code with in the background text box. Be sure to include a # in front of the code.

I figured it out thanks, I didn't know you had to click on the specific areas you wanted to shade...

ff1dce05b4d13760bc042f4a26efa28d.png

Blaze

oh god please change those fonts

Flachbau

Whatever works for him, I suppose :p I find the default font to be great actually, easy on the eyes and simple. I haven't tried to use other fonts yet but I'll try out Roboto.

Ai®a©ob®a

oh god please change those fonts

You won't see them only i do....

what font would you suggest then?

Ai®a©ob®a

Nevermind, I figured out what happened i forgot to save something...

So how do i save the style to share with others? I doubt anyone wants an all black site but who knows

Edited by AiraCobra

Presidential

I figured it out thanks, I didn't know you had to click on the specific areas you wanted to shade...

I'm not a big fan of different fonts but that doesn't look all that bad.

PhillBellic

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Ai®a©ob®a

It's more like a Louder Voice than a yell since i'm not using full size CAPS

Not the best looking but i'm still learning, Once i figure everything out hopefully do a better design...I managed to get PART of the quote box to turn to the color i wanted but only the body the rest stays blue

96db4aab0248cf968bf52e20959429e0.png

fd6e1de8e1dc2840263787443a65719d.png

Edited by AiraCobra

KilnerLUFC

Now, if someone could recreate the LCS theme, I'll be happy...

Flachbau

I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I know what was a darker theme as well, but I'll need a reference screenshot or two to use.

KilnerLUFC

I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I know what was a darker theme as well, but I'll need a reference screenshot or two to use.

http://www.gtalibertycitystories.net/overview/index.php

That's the closest reference I can find tbh, which isn't exactly great for color referencing the likes of quote boxes and whatnot, but just can't track down any image of how the forum looked with the theme.

Miss the theme choices tbh...

Blaze

Quote boxes were the same as the quote on the bottom of that page :^:

KilnerLUFC

Guessing the upgrade to a new server is the reason behind the themes been removed?

Blaze

Here's my contribution. It's not perfect and has some bugs but w/e. I can't figure out how to change the hover over colour on subsections either but it's finished for now. To use it install Stylish then add the code to the user styles.

http://pastebin.com/Ss3bWzaC

dY8Ew4p.png

Flachbau

Looks awesome! Dark themes 4 lyfe <3

KilnerLUFC

Here's my contribution. It's not perfect and has some bugs but w/e. I can't figure out how to change the hover over colour on subsections either but it's finished for now. To use it install Stylish then add the code to the user styles.

http://pastebin.com/Ss3bWzaC

<snip>

That's actually a really smart design there, Blaze!

Edited by KilnerLUFC

Blaze

I can't lie and say I made it, it's essentially just a port of THIS theme which is where I got the maintitle and most of the colour values but eventually I'll get around to making it my own version. Want to change the blue values for a light pink or maybe orange. Cheers though :)

Titania

I can give it a go, but I'll use my own stuff for this. I've designed multiple websites, so this shouldn't be a problem at all. However, lack of time will be a problem.

ghost of delete key

If you can get the year the theme was around you might be able to get it from here https://web.archive.org/web/20020802041006/http://www.gtaforums.com/

Unfortunately, Wayback only takes a snapshot of whatever is served to it... i.e., the default theme. One would have had to have been logged in, and chosen a display theme, something which the Wayback bot wouldn't even know to do.

More unfortunately, I know I have some screenshots of the old forums in various skins... Beelzebub only knows what drive they got lost on though. I'm a packrat and save everything, but some things get lost or hidden in the process :p

Blaze

If anyone is still interested in this stuff I made an update to the previously posted layout; fixed the hover colours, quotes actually work now, top bar fixed position and some other misc stuff. There's some stuff in usercp that wouldn't change but it doesn't affect usability (literally just an odd border) and the rest of the forums should be okay but if anything pops up let me know.

3fRh2lb.png

bfDAbH0.png

https://pastebin.com/EnAC2yGy

install with any userstyle addon

AiraCobra

If anyone is still interested in this stuff I made an update to the previously posted layout; fixed the hover colours, quotes actually work now, top bar fixed position and some other misc stuff. There's some stuff in usercp that wouldn't change but it doesn't affect usability (literally just an odd border) and the rest of the forums should be okay but if anything pops up let me know.

3fRh2lb.png

bfDAbH0.png

https://pastebin.com/EnAC2yGy

install with any userstyle addon

Thank you for this. I’ve been wanting to make a dark theme but haven’t had time to sit down and make one myself.

I had made one before but when i switched from using Chrome to Firefox and I removed Chrome browser, I lost the codes and just didn’t feel like remaking it. As i forgot what to even do anyways

Blaze

It's all fairly basic, mostly just using element inspector, changing values around and copying them over to a .css file. Some stuff can't be changed, for example the forum icons as they're tied into the html and so far CSS can't change them, maybe javascript could do an image swap but I have no clue about js.

Uijzdaz.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AiraCobra

Yeah I remember the basics of it, I just remember it took me a minute to figure out how to select certian boxes I wanted to change and ect.

With using yours as a template It'll help me remember what goes where and how to do what and where.

Edit: Here was the one I made

Mine was pretty much the same as yours except it was all black and I has used SMALL CAPS as the font.

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Blaze
3 minutes ago, Blaze said:

hello friends here is a userstyle from ya boi

https://pastebin.com/p83fk32c

unknown.png

unknown.png

to install simply copy the code from pastebin into a userstyle addon such as stylish, stylus etc and set the website settings to this:

unknown.png

might be buggy but works fine from what i looked at.