2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

uNi

GTAForums Stylebot Index

uNi

Everyone keeps asking for new skins, and one thing I do once in a while is use extension for Chrome, in order to change it a bit as I prefer darker themes.

Give it a go and share your edits, if it's any good, we can add it to the list so other users can use it as well. :^:

Affalterbach

Why do y'all want a new skin/theme? I think the current one we have is good enough already. Easy and clean to use.

Also, I do prefer darker themes/skins as well. Please do not change that in the future.

Flachbau

After playing with it for a few minutes I noticed there isn't really a way to change the background image of the forums, or the top banner (unless I'm missing something). Changing the colors to anything brighter than a shade of black/white kinda makes your eyes bleed, especially with the gray/black repeated background :p

To be honest, it's really hard to do anything better than what we already have. I'd like to see what people can do, though.

Edited by Android

PhillBellic

Why not Firefox?

Flachbau

Probably because there isn't an official Stylebot extension for Firefox.

Blaze

You could probably do the same with a userstyles addon for Firefox like Stylish but It'd take alot more effort.

Ai®a©ob®a

it's pretty simple to do, you can change the font, font size and background color i just played around with it...

Was kind of hoping i could change the post color from blue to black but only the background changed to black..Although i did keep the Small Cap font as i like it...

942f735197211ae702ff28b7bbc9efc6.png

5aab620a964f4ba18cc93728a70fefdc.png

Edited by AiraCobra

KilnerLUFC

Why do y'all want a new skin/theme? I think the current one we have is good enough already. Easy and clean to use.

Some of us miss the days when the forum had multiple styles/skins to choose from... (Personally miss the LCS skin) Just a nice option for those of us who like to customise things and mix sh*t up every now and then I suppose.

PhillBellic

Some of us miss the days when the forum had multiple styles/skins to choose from... (Personally miss the LCS skin) Just a nice option for those of us who like to customise things and mix sh*t up every now and then I suppose.

Would you have a Screenshot of this Skin?

KilnerLUFC

Would you have a Screenshot of this Skin?

Go here and you can pretty much get an indea of what the themes were like for the forum choices, if you scroll down mid-page. There were also themes for each official gang, and holiday themed ones that were different each year. All in all, pretty sure there were around 15/20 themes to choose from at the peak of it.

Flachbau

I remember there was this black and red theme they had, before the major update.. it was my favorite. I would be so happy if it returned. I don't see anything similar in the link listed above, however :/

uNi

Sounds like the SSH's theme.

Flachbau

Mmm.. nah, I don't think so.. I remember the $$H theme was brighter,and it resembled a brick wall type of feel. What I remember is a very dark grey/black background with burgundy-ish high lights for boxes and what not. I don't have a screenshot unfortunately. It's definitely called Afterfuture.

It's this. Unfortunately, the only screenshot I can find of it.

33ou1cy.png

UPDATE: I've tried to recreate it. I'm about 95% through with it, but I'm having trouble with the quotes :/

(open images in new tabs otherwise the quality will be sh*t)

zPpBX1f.png

fAFuCdo.png

GdrK2VS.png

Edited by Android

Annuit Coeptis

Nice ^

The quotes are in-cooperative -.- It's hard to get past them.

Edited by Annuit Coeptis

Blaze

I havent used the Stylebot thing but maybe you could use Element Inspector to look at the quotes box and find its element name and use that to change it :)

Flachbau

It's labeled as "p.citation" but it just doesn't let you change the color of the background, just the text color.

Annuit Coeptis

Back in the old days with the red theme were the quote boxes the same red as everything else? or a different hue?

Flachbau

I think the multiple quotes combined into one shared the same red color, but if my memory serves me right, they had very thin borders as well.

If anybody wants color codes:

the red color - #330000

the gray color - #282828

and I made the text color #c7c7c7 (which is not taken directly from the old theme)

Edited by Android

Blaze

I used Firefoxs inspector and then installed Chrome to test. You'll need to install the Addon "Stylish" for Chrome then add this code and swap FFFFFF for your desired colour :)

I think I'm going to give making a nice skin for Stylish that way it's compatible with both Chrome and Firefox.

p.citation {    font-size: 12px;    padding: 8px 10px;    border-left: 2px solid #11181D;    background: #ffffff

W6sekFS.png

Edited by Blaze

Presidential

Totally gonna try this out.

Flachbau

I used Firefoxs inspector and then installed Chrome to test. You'll need to install the Addon "Stylish" for Chrome then add this code and swap FFFFFF for your desired colour :)

I think I'm going to give making a nice skin for Stylish that way it's compatible with both Chrome and Firefox.

p.citation {    font-size: 12px;    padding: 8px 10px;    border-left: 2px solid #11181D;    background: #ffffff

Hmm.. doesn't seem to work for me. It kinda gives me a red alert bubble. See image below:

da3c73936d6f97558cac605057736cd9.png

What am I doing wrong? :p I'm guessing it's cause I have a 6 digit color code there.

Edited by Android

Blaze

I didn't stick a bracket at the end like so although it should work regardless :p

p.citation {    font-size: 12px;    padding: 8px 10px;    border-left: 2px solid #11181D;    background: #ffffff}
Edited by Blaze

Presidential

Mmm.. nah, I don't think so.. I remember the $$H theme was brighter,and it resembled a brick wall type of feel. What I remember is a very dark grey/black background with burgundy-ish high lights for boxes and what not. I don't have a screenshot unfortunately. It's definitely called Afterfuture.

It's this. Unfortunately, the only screenshot I can find of it.

33ou1cy.png

UPDATE: I've tried to recreate it. I'm about 95% through with it, but I'm having trouble with the quotes :/

(open images in new tabs otherwise the quality will be sh*t)

zPpBX1f.png

fAFuCdo.png

GdrK2VS.png

This theme is awesome.

Flachbau

I didn't stick a bracket at the end like so although it should work regardless :p

p.citation {    font-size: 12px;    padding: 8px 10px;    border-left: 2px solid #11181D;    background: #ffffff}

Ahh.. I think the problem is that it wont work if you only add "www.gtaforums.com" in the URL thing, for where you want it to be applied to. I set it so that it works on this page and now it looks fine.

This theme is awesome.

I'm glad you like it, it was one of my favorites to use before the big update.

Presidential

You think you'll release it when you're done?

Blaze

Glad it works :^: Trying to work on something myself although I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing.

95nMDAV.png

Presidential

Glad it works :^: Trying to work on something myself although I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing.

95nMDAV.png

That's exactly what mine is looking like right about now lol. Just trying to get a dark(er) theme going.

Flachbau

Yeah I'll probably release it, but I doubt many people would use it themselves :p

Presidential

I'd use it. I swap between the two themes we have now quite often. The red and black reminds me of a YT Stylish theme I have right now.

Flachbau

I've released it, so you can download it here. If I have any more fixes I'll probably release that as well, but time will tell at this point.