2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Saying goodbye to GTA

TheWizardDude

TheWizardDude

DISCLAIMER: This is a goodbye thread. Do what you want, flame, rage, debate, be ironic, be sarcastic, leave the thread, say what you will, whatever.

I'm not going to be back to reply to this thread nor will I look at it later, do what you wish with this thread.

So I figured I would just get this off my chest...

Over the last weeks I've dropped all of GTA for Just Cause 3. I had a GRAND time, blowing up sh*t, defying physics, faceplanting into mountains. Then the update came and I figured that I would jump in to see how well it was being enjoyed, first thing, my crew and friends all had all this stuff because they've all been grinding, we screwed around for a while, then some dude comes and blows up our vehicles, and then some dude in a savage comes by and spawn kills us. My hands gripped emptily for Rico's hookshot and infinite parachute.

With this I remembered, it was just the same GTA, the same old GTA that's been out for years with nothing but new toys, there is no logic-less cathartic fun to be had other than just "kill each other and spend money"

It's just lame realism in a lame world. Los Santos is a city build on a desert on an island.

Sure you can collect cars, and to what end? To drive them? To look at them? To drive them only to get them blow up by other people? To have other people look at them then blow them up? Uhhh sure.

You can fly but to where? A desert? BOOOORIIIIING!

You can play missions... to grind... for more money... Hmm, I am sensing a pattern here.

With the recent update, I feel like the only people that will REALLY get into this new absurdly expensive stuff is either those that play this game on a day by day basis and grind out every single hour, or those that buy shark cards. Basically speaking, a huge waste of time or a huge waste of money, and that's when it hit me, this game IS a big waste of time and money. It's begun to feel like "kill each other in increasingly expensive ways." Which to me is just another way of saying "Kill each other and spend money"

I don't plan to criticize anybody for playing or anything like that, we all have our likes and dislikes.

The way I see it, this game has so much content and potential but it's made bland by the confines of logic. For me, Just Cause showed me that it could be done way, way, better, and now that I am back, I see that now more than ever and don't really want to BE back.

So this is it for me. Just my take on it but I'll let you all decide your own way.

You're not wrong at all. The game is incredibly boring and needs a proper refresher. A proper refresher as in more stuff to do that doesn't involve shooting other players, 'compete with other players' has been the theme for the past 3 updates. ffs I don't want to compete with other players in a game with such disgusting combat.

• Like 3

KashKashMania

I played JC3, in fact i beat it just the other night, and i mean there was some stuff i liked about in contrast to GTA, but the driving physics sucked, the lack of car customization and car storage sucked, i mean yeah the wingsuit and grapple were cool but got kind of annoying to use after a while. The story lacked unless you found the Di Ravello tapes as you played through the missions, their idea of online play is an online leaderboard where you get shown who beat you every couple of minutes or get spammed with them when you turn the game on. The vehicles were a refreshing sight but kind of pointless outside liberating settlements and stuff and only military vehicles really worked. I like GTA, i liked the entire JC franchise, but with GTA i can keep playing it, JC3 is a beat the game and move on type thing. They can't add anything to the story, not because it's already complex or anything [spoiler: it's not] it's more because of how the ended it. I'd be surprised if they did another JC game after this one because of this one's partial story and where it left us. I mean think about the convo Rico and Mario have as Rico is flying to the Volcano, talking about what they're gonna do next and how Rico doesn't know. How long can they keep beating a dead horse, at this point the series is really starting to look like Assassin's Creed and that horse has been dead for a while, at this point you're beating at bones.

I dunno, i guess i could use some more explanation as to what you mean by "Just Cause showed me that it could be done way, way, better," I'm not sure what exactly "it" is because both games are very different, yes they're somewhat similar in that there's cars, an island nation, and missions, but look past all that and it's two totally different games. GTA is a classic sandbox, JC3 is only a sandbox after you beat it and go back and re-oppress settlements only to liberate them using things like the M488 and the Bavarium Helio or tank. I mean you're doing the same thing as you're doing in GTA, doing the same missions over and over, grinding, finding new ways to complete that mission, unlocking new weapons to use, but you can't earn money, can't buy things, can't customize cars or weapons, you can't even buy ammo, you have to find it, and finding ammo for the good weapons like the M488 is far harder than it should be.

I'm not trying to criticize you, i'm just wondering, what "it" is and how JC3 did it better because JC3 feels like Assassin's Creed trying to dress up as GTA like a child puts on their parent's clothes and walks around acting like them.

Never understood people who feel the need to tell a bunch of people they don't know, nor play with that they are quitting a game.

• Like 9

I take breaks then come back. Perfect game to make the day go faster grinding missions, meaning less time waiting for real life payday.

Can't wait to upgrade. This and Minecraft are the perfect time wasters to speed the day up.

What is it with all the butthurt fanboys replying? OP brought up great points and all of you sh*t on him, more than likely only reading the first few sentences. This is a forum for GTAO, a place to discuss your opinions, thoughts and ideas on the game. That's exactly what the OP did and yet he still gets flak for it. Unbelievable.

Edited by TheRealCMPUNKFan
  • Like 2

Hector Tavares

Never cared for the Just Cause series. I'll stick with my lame realism thank you very much. ;)

typical GTAforums response, XDDDD WHO ARE YOU I DONT GIVE A sh*t!!!! LOLZ!

I agree, with playing different games recently and R* continually doing stupid sh*t and I really am starting to feel disheartened about GTA5.

I'm pretty sure all games are a waste of time and money, especially if you're going to argue that the time spent could've been put to doing more productive real life crap like work which earns money.

• Like 1

Bye no one cares...

sike i'm not 12 but in all honesty the game is pretty boring now. No one does races or real deathmatches anymore, i hope the next update fixes alot of things but you're right it's probably new toys that no one will care about in a couple months.

Edited by SupaBad95

Los Santos is a city build on a desert on an island.02

Sure you can collect cars, and to what end? To drive them? To look at them? To drive them only to get them blow up by other people? To have other people look at them then blow them up? Uhhh sure. You can fly but to where? A desert? BOOOORIIIIING!

Exactly. Good to see I am not the only sane around here who could see through the flaws and is not blinded by the graphics to realize how boring this game is.

this game IS a big waste of time and money. 02

Absolutely true :^:

I'm sure many wont agree, but that's how it is.

heycorcverseneborc

WTF IS THAT ??

' Over the last weeks I've dropped all of GTA for Just Cause 3. '

Are you f*cking serious ? GTA 5 is an unrealistic game but just cause 3 is a totally realistic game .. are you saying that ??? What did you drink when u were typing this ???

marshallbslayer

Bye no one cares...

sike i'm not 12 but in all honesty the game is pretty boring now. No one does races or real deathmatches anymore, i hope the next update fixes alot of things but you're right it's probably new toys that no one will care about in a couple months.

There are tons of people that play deathmatches (no 9999hack bs) and races... once you find those people it won't be boring anymore

1. No need to reassure everyone that you're quitting

2. Take a break once in a while. Playing one game forever is either you have no money to buy new one or just a pathetic fanboy.

3. I agree it's in the sh*t state and it's getting super old. The conversion rate of cash cards and the recent item price only make it worse. So I glitched after more than half a year being enslaved by GTA$. Now feel better as I no longer enslaved to make this game my secondary job at night and have just the right amount of money to do what I wanna do in this game.

4. Don't listen to fanboys. Other games are great as long as it makes you smile.

Edited by luisniko
  • Like 2

Bye no one cares...

There are tons of people that play deathmatches (no 9999hack bs) and races... once you find those people it won't be boring anymore

Yeea but with how laggy gta online it takes forever to find a normal match and even longer to find one with more than just 1 guy trying to 1 on 1 you.

Where is the online in Just Cause 3? The fun is share experiences with others players.

It will come around with dedicate servers once modders figure it out who to do it(they are working on it already), just like it happened with JC2, and Avalanche was wise enough to allow mod support in this game(unlike R* who will ban you even if you don't go online).

Sucks for those who plays on consoles though...

Irish O'African

I played JC3, in fact i beat it just the other night, and i mean there was some stuff i liked about in contrast to GTA, but the driving physics sucked, the lack of car customization and car storage sucked, i mean yeah the wingsuit and grapple were cool but got kind of annoying to use after a while. The story lacked unless you found the Di Ravello tapes as you played through the missions, their idea of online play is an online leaderboard where you get shown who beat you every couple of minutes or get spammed with them when you turn the game on. The vehicles were a refreshing sight but kind of pointless outside liberating settlements and stuff and only military vehicles really worked. I like GTA, i liked the entire JC franchise, but with GTA i can keep playing it, JC3 is a beat the game and move on type thing. They can't add anything to the story, not because it's already complex or anything [spoiler: it's not] it's more because of how the ended it. I'd be surprised if they did another JC game after this one because of this one's partial story and where it left us. I mean think about the convo Rico and Mario have as Rico is flying to the Volcano, talking about what they're gonna do next and how Rico doesn't know. How long can they keep beating a dead horse, at this point the series is really starting to look like Assassin's Creed and that horse has been dead for a while, at this point you're beating at bones.

I dunno, i guess i could use some more explanation as to what you mean by "Just Cause showed me that it could be done way, way, better," I'm not sure what exactly "it" is because both games are very different, yes they're somewhat similar in that there's cars, an island nation, and missions, but look past all that and it's two totally different games. GTA is a classic sandbox, JC3 is only a sandbox after you beat it and go back and re-oppress settlements only to liberate them using things like the M488 and the Bavarium Helio or tank. I mean you're doing the same thing as you're doing in GTA, doing the same missions over and over, grinding, finding new ways to complete that mission, unlocking new weapons to use, but you can't earn money, can't buy things, can't customize cars or weapons, you can't even buy ammo, you have to find it, and finding ammo for the good weapons like the M488 is far harder than it should be.

I'm not trying to criticize you, i'm just wondering, what "it" is and how JC3 did it better because JC3 feels like Assassin's Creed trying to dress up as GTA like a child puts on their parent's clothes and walks around acting like them.

Holy sentence and paragraph structuring Batman!

• Like 2