2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

why buy a yacht?

blusunone

What are the practical advantages to owning a yacht? From what i understand, it does not change your garage capacity. you can use it as a base of operations, just like an apartment...but it costs 25k to move and spawns in the same place every time on the water. Why should i buy one? Other than the fact i got $50M and really nothing else to spend my money on

its a really waste of money to be honest haha

i bought it because f*ck it

but nothing special, no activities, not even a dart board.

Silver le Belge

It depends. Do you like to pay for a thousand bucks every 48 minutes in free roam for a giant apartment in the middle of the sea ?

• Like 2

oleg_aka_djmeg

can i really start heists from it? i guess i didn't take enough time to explore the interior of it.

What are the practical advantages to owning a yacht? From what i understand, it does not change your garage capacity. you can use it as a base of operations, just like an apartment...but it costs 25k to move and spawns in the same place every time on the water. Why should i buy one? Other than the fact i got $50M and really nothing else to spend my money on

There's your answer.

It depends. Do you like to pay for a thousand bucks every 48 minutes in free roam for a giant apartment in the middle of the sea ?

Lmao not really...mainly because i spend so little time in free roam, and so much time making money. Probably why i can afford one in the first place. Thanks for the candid response.

but nothing special, no activities, not even a dart board.

Today, for the first time - I was able to hit the bong out on the water.

Today was a good day

RussianCommie

can i really start heists from it? i guess i didn't take enough time to explore the interior of it.

No, you can't unfortunately. You still need to host a heist from a high end apartment or one of the new houses that were released.

5eIYidF.gif

Rockstar made yachts only for glitchers/modders so that they have something to spend their unlimited supply of cash on...

And also for the streamers/youtubers who use ads to buy 100 million in sharkcards...

As for the rest of us poor f*cks, we just have to board the yachts and imagine that we own them...

• Like 2

I have a yacht and use it as a spawn point. It allows me to join a session away from danger, but gives me the option to get anywhere via Heli.

Plus, it's baller as f**k to get lappies on your private yacht.

I haven't bought a yacht, but I imagine the benefits are spawning at sea with a helicopter at the ready.

Exactly having a helicopter right on your doorstep is useful, also landing a helicopter near by is useful to without been hit by cars etc.

It's cool, why spawn in your apartment when you can spawn at sea ... life is good

Too bad we can't start heists from it, what's the point of 4 SeaSharks, I imagined heists starting from the boat and we jumping on SeaSharks and off we go, would be sort of awesome for the Signal Setup.

Rockstar made yachts only for glitchers/modders so that they have something to spend their unlimited supply of cash on...

its only 10million dude...

its not even as expesive as i expected!

• Like 3

There's your answer.

Indeed - and furthermore, why buy anything at all? You can probably get by game-play wise with a special carbine, a couple of good cars and 1 apartment to plan heists, all of which you could buy with the pre-order bonus alone.

It's a small point but with the yacht I like the fact I have a spawn point that effectively has a helipad so when I enter the game I can quickly get anywhere on the map without having to call Pegasus and drive to the vehicle. Arguably not worth $8m but a genuinely new function feature.

Edited by Jimbatron

Probably novelty value tbh - bought mine, tarted it up, went for a blast round the ports, then let everyone on to have a look around (it's amazing how many players wanted to take a look)

Also, it's damn fkn cool being inside the boat.

I haven't bought a yacht, but I imagine the benefits are spawning at sea with a helicopter at the ready.

Exactly having a helicopter right on your doorstep is useful, also landing a helicopter near by is useful to without been hit by cars etc.

It's cool, why spawn in your apartment when you can spawn at sea ... life is good

Too bad we can't start heists from it, what's the point of 4 SeaSharks, I imagined heists starting from the boat and we jumping on SeaSharks and off we go, would be sort of awesome for the Signal Setup.

That would be really cool - it's perfectly setup for it - leaving together on SeaSharks, or taking either or both boats if you need to split up, or the heli...

Would be a cool way to start all of the heists. Was thinking about Prison Break - all going in the heli and then bailing out at different times - pilot to the airport, while the others continue north.

Wonder if this is something that would be added in? If they wanted to do it properly, they could even have the heist celebration scenes taking place on the yacht.

needs a heist room, and an area to store boats/subs inside in the lower decks, as well as access down there... and wetsuits/scuba gear to raid others yachts, and the option to have personal choppers spawn on it (i want my Swift and Savage on that thing). Should also have fishing on it

xOptimus Prime

Yacht is a waste of money. Soon enough people will be bored to hide with their defense system and FM will turn into war zone again.

But for now on let's enjoy less jet-activities. :)

• Like 1

slimeball supreme

A rad house on the ocean you shouldn't buy if you suffer from sea sickness.

• Like 1

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

Yacht is a waste of money. Soon enough people will be bored to hide with their defense system and FM will turn into war zone again.

But for now on let's enjoy less jet-activities. :)

my sessions yesterday were business as usual, jets and war everywhere, heck i took my jet out as i wanted to test the effectiveness of the yacht defense system, but being off by default made super easy to spawnkill vip and bodyguards while in the yacht.

I guess if you're 12 years old then its awesome.

However, I am not, and as I keep predicting, its a total waste of money with a very short novelty factor.

Yesterday I flew out to someone else's yacht, landed on it, walked round, went in the hot tub, got in the chopper I arrived on and flew back to land.

Well, that was great.

I've now seen everything the yacht can do and it saved me at least 6million :)

Quite why anyone would want one I have no idea, I suppose unless you're 12.....

• Like 1

oleg_aka_djmeg

that yacht comes with a 3 mil heli and a 2 mil boat though, so you can pretend that the yacht costed you one mil.

Ive been playing the game since day one, Ive never felt the need to own or buy a boat and already have a buzzard.

Really, you have to ask yourself the question: after you've spawned it a few times, flown too and from it and walked round the deck a few times, realistically, what else are you going to do it with?
The fact you have to pay every time you want to spawn it is just comical to me, why on earth would you want to pay a fortune to get it in the first place and then have to keep paying to access it after :lol:

They really need drinking mini games. Make a game called drunk shot roulette, where players take turns drinking while attempting to shoot someone (w/ the new revolver) with a target over their head. If they miss, they drink another shot (gets harder), move back further, and continue until until there is only one winner left.

Edited by Modojo
  • Like 3