2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The New Cars and Racing

Shootinalloveryourface

Shootinalloveryourface

Hey peeps, guess yall excited with the update and stuff me too :)

What I wanna know is how the vehicles do for racing.

We've got a new Muscle car and a new Sports Classic. There's the Verlierer but I don't know it's class and an SUV.

I only keep cars if they're competitive at racing (one per class) and a couple fun ones, so I don't wanna spend money on these rides only to realise it can't race and will collect dust.

Help me please. Can the Nightshade go toe to toe with the Dominator? Can the Mamba dance with the Sterling?

I'm hoping so because it'd give me a reason to sell the old two and get two new rides

CrysisAverted

Testing the cars currently

The Shafter V12 is faster and I would say the fastest sedan now

still gotta test others.

• Like 2

Shootinalloveryourface

Sorry I forgot to add inb4 broughys video :roll eyes:

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

Keep in mind my current testing is a drag race

the new camaro is slower than the dukes, sabre and blackfin by quite a bit

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Its stupid to ignore a reliable source....

Seriously if this topic gets hot youre gonna get a load of false experiences anyhow.

• Like 2

Gnocchi Flip Flops

still gotta test others.

How does the Schafter V12 sound. I'm glad it's fast. Faster than the Exemplar? Oh sh*t we might finally have a Mercedes AMG-level Benefactor on our hands!
  • Like 1

Shootinalloveryourface

Seriously if this topic gets hot youre gonna get a load of false experiences anyhow.

Yeah I know, I'll check out broughys video I just want the opinions of the forumers too

Beartooth Bek

I know how you feel man, I'm stuck at work trying to get some decent info on the cars, good topic ;)

Edited by Bekjenet
  • Like 1

PretendWereDead

Hey peeps, guess yall excited with the update and stuff me too :)

What I wanna know is how the vehicles do for racing.

We've got a new Muscle car and a new Sports Classic. There's the Verlierer but I don't know it's class and an SUV.

I only keep cars if they're competitive at racing (one per class) and a couple fun ones, so I don't wanna spend money on these rides only to realise it can't race and will collect dust.

Help me please. Can the Nightshade go toe to toe with the Dominator? Can the Mamba dance with the Sterling?

I'm hoping so because it'd give me a reason to sell the old two and get two new rides

The Night Shade seems not to be competitive, about 5 seconds slower on Muscled In then the Dominator.

The Verlierer seems to be good but I didn't have a chance te race it.

• Like 1

BRAAAP_STUTUTU

still gotta test others.

the schafter V12 SWB is in the sports class though...

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Yeah I know, I'll check out broughys video I just want the opinions of the forumers too

In general this forum considered in general the vacca more competitive then the infernus, the vapid blade useless for racing, the turismo r overpowered in the racing class, the panto useless for racing, the furore gt slow as in non upgraded fusilade-slow and bad handling, the osiris underpowered(simply because the engine sound is not loud) and it took untill broughy's vid about it for people to find out that indeed the t20 for old gen is broken...

The only reason i trust this forum's opinions on cars is when talking about the customisation and price

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

still gotta test others.

How does the Schafter V12 sound. I'm glad it's fast. Faster than the Exemplar? Oh sh*t we might finally have a Mercedes AMG-level Benefactor on our hands!

It sounds outright amazing and it is faster than the exemplar (in a drag race anyway)

Shootinalloveryourface

still gotta test others.

It sounds outright amazing and it is faster than the exemplar (in a drag race anyway)

So we have a new fastest Sedan now? Good to know hmmmm $$$$

CrysisAverted

still gotta test others.

So we have a new fastest Sedan now? Good to know hmmmm $$$$

Thats the strange thing, it was a sedan when I tested it stock, but after buying it, it shows up as a sports and I can't even use it in sedan races.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Testing the cars currently The Shafter V12 is faster and I would say the fastest sedan now still gotta test others.

Well, finally a sports sedan. But somebody needs to ring up Rockstar Support and get them to fix that rear.

still gotta test others.

It is faster than a t20 in a drag race supposedly:

Testing the cars currently The Shafter V12 is faster and I would say the fastest sedan now still gotta test others.

Well, finally a sports sedan. But somebody needs to ring up Rockstar Support and get them to fix that rear.

And it's class too, it's labeled as sedan when you buy it, but once you tune it up it will go to the sports class.

Kind of stupid if you ask me but, would that mean this car once tuned is too over powered when compared to the other sedans?

If so, then the sports class might a suitable for it, given that we got plenty of sports of different tiers.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

still gotta test others.

WHAT!!!??

((((((((: xDDD

CrysisAverted

And it's class too, it's labeled as sedan when you buy it, but once you tune it up it will go to the sports class.

Kind of stupid if you ask me but, would that mean this car once tuned is too over powered when compared to the other sedans?

If so, then the sports class might a suitable for it, given that we got plenty of sports of different tiers.

Is that how it works? I could have sworn it said sports on it the second I drove it out of my garage.

Is that how it works? I could have sworn it said sports on it the second I drove it out of my garage.

Actually if I'm not mistaken, you can select it in a sedan race as long as it's not you own car.

still gotta test others.

I'm sorry but that is some BS right there. No way in the world should the Schafer be faster than a T20...and its without "double clutching".

CrysisAverted

Actually if I'm not mistaken, you can select it in a sedan race as long as it's not you own car.

Yes you can, but not your personal vehicle what the hell.

The Mamba to me felt slow to get going but had a high top speed. I crashed it at one point because I was completely flying down the road, without quite realizing it until I tried to turn. The acceleration didn't feel that responsive though.

• Like 1

the Shafter v12 is in sports class but you can pick a stock one for sedan races. Will be interesting to see if its faster than tuned sedans.

I tested the Shafter and Shafter v12 around one of my tracks and it was 2 seconds faster on a 40 second lap. It would have ruined the sedan class completely if it had been included in that.

I then tested the Feltzer against the Shafter V12. The Feltzer was 0.7 seconds faster on the same track as before so it is quite fast. #

Plus as, stated above, it has a great top speed so on long straight line (freeway) races. It would have a good chance of winning in that type of race.

I think it makes it the fastest 4 door car in the game.

PretendWereDead

I also raced the Verlierer (German for loser) and it's a dissapointment, it looks good but not a winner in the sports class, not even close.

JohnnyCallisto

Hold up - the Schafter V12 is in the Sports class? Is that for real?

On R* Social Club (vehicles section) it is listed as a Sedan...

...strange! (and a little disappointing to be honest..)