2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

New cars not available in single player

JustinR512

When starting up after updating, there was a message that said, "New vehicles are available for purchase for your Garage and Helipad property."

I've just looked on my Franklin character and see none of the new cars on either of the car sale websites, nor the new helicopters on the Elitas website (like they are in Onljne). I also went to his garage to check the Special menu, and they aren't there, either.

This is disappointing. Access to new vehicles in SP is a great way to take a test drive, see how the cars handle, what upgrades are available, etc.

Am I missing something? Likeam I looking in the wrong place?

• Like 2

I concur that. Sadly they're not in SP.
You can check them in the creator, but it's quite annoying.

No surprises there. R* wants you to waste money on them Online instead of testing them out for free in singleplayer.

I'm not usually one to jump on the anti-Rockstar conspiracy theory bandwagon, but you know what...it really is starting to feel like that in this case.

Regarding the Creator route, I've heard this before, but never tried it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the vehicles placed in a mission to test would be limited to stock configuration only, right? And no access to LSC? Which means we wouldn't be able to see what upgrades are available, or test drive a fully upgraded car.

No surprises there. R* wants you to waste money on them Online instead of testing them out for free in singleplayer.

I'm not usually one to jump on the anti-Rockstar conspiracy theory bandwagon, but you know what...it really is starting to feel like that in this case.

Regarding the Creator route, I've heard this before, but never tried it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the vehicles placed in a mission to test would be limited to stock configuration only, right? And no access to LSC? Which means we wouldn't be able to see what upgrades are available, or test drive a fully upgraded car.

I haven't actually tried it, but I'm pretty sure that LSC isn't accessible in creator mode. I might be wrong though.

People still play SP?

I think you may have missed the point.

The point is NOT to complain that these cars aren't easily found in SP from a gameplay perspective. If that was the point, then this thread would belong in one of the SP forums.

See, what I (and others) have often done in the past, whenever we're considering buying a new car in Online, is go to SP, get one, customize it, and test drive it. This is done in SP because we have a lot of money available there, and don't have to save the game, either, which means that if we don't like the car, we haven't wasted our GTA$ in Online. (Yes, wasting money is still a concern for many of us who don't have dozens of millions dollars.) So although this is done in SP, it's not really about "playing" in SP. it's just using SP as a sort of test drive mode.

People still play SP?

The point is NOT to complain that these cars aren't easily found in SP from a gameplay perspective. If that was the point, then this thread would belong in one of the SP forums.

See, what I (and others) have often done in the past, whenever we're considering buying a new car in Online, is go to SP, get one, customize it, and test drive it. This is done in SP because we have a lot of money available there, and don't have to save the game, either, which means that if we don't like the car, we haven't wasted our GTA$ in Online. (Yes, wasting money is still a concern for many of us who don't have dozens of millions dollars.) So although this is done in SP, it's not really about "playing" in SP. it's just using SP as a sort of test drive mode.

Afaik sp cars handle different. At least it was like that on PS3.

People still play SP?

Afaik sp cars handle different. At least it was like that on PS3.

I know that SP doesn't have the speed cap of Online, but I've never noticed any other significant difference.

You can tell in SP if a car is tail-happy, quick, slow, has good or bad brakes, is easy or difficult to control, etc. Also get a better sense of what it looks like than from just a photo,maps well as see what upgrades are available in LSC.

I would say, after multiple updates without vehicles in sp, that it is obvious that they have quit adding cars to sp. Get over it.

Shouldn't this repetitive complaint be in the Single Player Section?

Edited by TreFacTor

They could have at least given the poor effers the weapons like with Lowriders..

Weapons not available in SP either. I wouldn't mind, but I really want to use them in Director Mode.

Dangerous and sad

Like I understand the online focus but really rockstar really? Not even the vehicles or the f*cking weapons? This story DLC better make up for these bullsh*t decisions they've been making

Shouldn't this repetitive complaint be in the Single Player Section?

A. It's not repetitive, or at least I haven't seen any other threads about the lack of Executices... DLC cars in SP. if I had, I would've commented there.

B. This is not an SP-based complaint. This complaint is relative to Online. An SP-centric complaint would merely mention that the cars aren't there. My complaint isn't about SP, it's about the lack of ability to buy, upgrade, and test these cars without having to spend Online money. The fact that SP used to be the place to do that is coincidental.

Edited by JRebbert512

They could have at least given the poor effers the weapons like with Lowriders..

TarnishedGamer

This whining reminds me of the last gen peasants at why they get no updates.

But saying that, it seems rather odd R* are dissing single player campaign. Perhaps its a sign to show online is the future and will end up like Call of Duty where single player campaign is just thrown in for lolz and comes second to multiplayer.

I'll add new DLC cars in traffic in IVPack mod for PC later today.

HHnErXC.png

This whining reminds me of the last gen peasants at why they get no updates.

But saying that, it seems rather odd R* are dissing single player campaign. Perhaps its a sign to show online is the future and will end up like Call of Duty where single player campaign is just thrown in for lolz and comes second to multiplayer.

I thought I had already made it quite clear that I'm not complaining about the lack of something in SP; rather, I'm complaining about the lack of a way to test cars in Online before buying them. Perhaps you forgot to turn on your reading comprehension today?

I don't mean to be a dick, I'm just getting rather tired of explaining the same thing multiple times.