Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,779 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

djdest

Schafter V12 appreciation thread

Whatever7540

You see, turbo gives you huge power boost. Theoretically it is great (more power=faster car) but it's not that simple. Schafter V12 is a RWD car with lots of power being stock, and if you will give it another huge power boost it will have great acceleration, on paper. Unfortunately Schafter V12 is heavy and at the same time very powerful RWD makes it very easy to do wheelspins (the longer wheelspin=the much time you need for 0-60) and it will be very oversteer car.

coelacanth72

In any high power rwd car u can't just dump the gas and expect it to launch cleanly. This is what I mean by u can't have all the power all the time. Using partial throttle u can however get it to hook up, then stand on the gas and get full advantage of the blower.

Randoom.

You see, turbo gives you huge power boost. Theoretically it is great (more power=faster car) but it's not that simple. Schafter V12 is a RWD car with lots of power being stock, and if you will give it another huge power boost it will have great acceleration, on paper. Unfortunately Schafter V12 is heavy and at the same time very powerful RWD makes it very easy to do wheelspins (the longer wheelspin=the much time you need for 0-60) and it will be very oversteer car.

But that only matters till you get traction. When you get up to a certain speed, you'll see that the turbo is better. You could also do 10 laps on a track with the turbo and without the turbo, if you can even handle the V12.

Edited by Randoom.

Arrows to Athens

I'm not sure if this will interest you or has any relevance to what you're discussing, but here you go:

He talks about turbo and all the other upgraded making you go faster.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

SilverRST

Doesn't it ruin that sexy engine sound?

It's not that bad but still better without it

Thanks for the clarification, I knew I could hear the sounds changed.

That's why I don't install turbo on sports classic cars like Manana and other cars because turbo ruins their sounds.

And I have the schafter V12 too. Sexy cars, nice colorable interior and also a nice car in some stunts maps. Sexy sound too.

Edited by SilverRST

coelacanth72

Turbo whine sounds appropriate for a tuned monster benzo. They pretty much gave up on naturally aspirated motors for the really hot stuff. Stupid emissions bs...

Mattoropael

But that only matters till you get traction. When you get up to a certain speed, you'll see that the turbo is better. You could also do 10 laps on a track with the turbo and without the turbo, if you can even handle the V12.

Exactly.

This isn't a racing sim where excessive power without sufficient traction (or traction control) will lead to spinning out on every gear shift. Even if (and if) it impacts launch negatively, you only launch once every race unless you crash, and that first launch problem is mitigated by the launch boost anyway.

Whatever7540

Oh, I see, too much forza for me :D

Maximillion

Accidental post

Edited by Maximillion

R3CON

More class than an Oracle

sSJQDNp.jpg

More power than a Tailgater

T8U8rNy.jpg

Four doors doesn't have to be a compromise

JZNrgGg.jpg

Benefactor. The best or nothing.

IceDree

35585042633_7ecd3fe292_h.jpg

36225124242_dd11a71b60_h.jpg

36256274561_b6347c3322_h.jpg

DurtyD

afternoon delight

sa4y2Zm.jpg

Edited by DurtyD

wurm45

37874687075_f5b2123183_h.jpg

37874685925_c0b89f0e27_h.jpg

37874688245_89cf2cdb3e_h.jpg

SkittleMick

Armoured Shafter V12 Stanced

QwPj7qG.jpg

Swiss Made

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_20171112133027.pngGrand_Theft_Auto_V_20171112133212.pngGrand_Theft_Auto_V_20171112133009.png

Xectar

M.. My vehicle, that is a LWB Armored Schafter makes me orgasm... (from the inside tho, doesn't get any weirder.)

Aghakhi

Bought this awesome vehicle yesterday, fully tuned it is a frikkin' beast, it haves way more power than it both looks and can handle. It's a handful to drive at normal speeds compared to the regular Schafer, I find myself having to take it easy on the accelerator, but it's a lot of fun to simply let it loose and drive at it's full potential. It isn't the kind of car that you want to drive slowly for long after all.

Overall I'm very happy with it, it is a classy, luxurious car with the soul of crazy, brute and overpowered sports car. And for 116.000, it's a real bargain these days.

Xectar

Bought this awesome vehicle yesterday, fully tuned it is a frikkin' beast, it haves way more power than it both looks and can handle. It's a handful to drive at normal speeds compared to the regular Schafer, I find myself having to take it easy on the accelerator, but it's a lot of fun to simply let it loose and drive at it's full potential. It isn't the kind of car that you want to drive slowly for long after all.

Overall I'm very happy with it, it is a classy, luxurious car with the soul of crazy, brute and overpowered sports car. And for 116.000, it's a real bargain these days.

Ah, which variant? V12? LWB? Armored or Normal?

IceDree

Ah, which variant? V12? LWB? Armored or Normal?

A normal V12.

Edited by IceDree

Xectar

My Schafter LWB (Armored)

KLLZK35.jpg

8Iu1JvF.jpg

Bloodytears1666

I've waited so long for Rockstar update Schwartzer with this v12, since it has this actual badge. Probably have to buy this variant too, but really dislike 4 doors on it. Fast sport car should be coupe.

Xectar

This annoys me though. The Radio display isn't full. 1/6 of it is not displayed.

deuL9av.jpg

spincther

Clutch kick for the win friend. Master it, and you'll leave super cars in the dust. Especially this car, with so much top end.

Edited by -RP-

Aghakhi

I've waited so long for Rockstar update Schwartzer with this v12, since it has this actual badge. Probably have to buy this variant too, but really dislike 4 doors on it. Fast sport car should be coupe.

I think that would be the more logical thing, but we all know Rockstar's relationship with normal logic or common sense when it comes to vehicles.

I mean, they actually do an amazing job when they want but there's so many cases of flawed or stupid decisions that makes no sense or simply lacks logic when you look closer.

But in this case, I think I would still like the Schafter V12 more than a more powerful Schwartzer, to me it's just so cool to have a 4 door car with the power, acceleration and top speed to compete with a supercar, specially when it looks so subtle. It kinda breaks the mold for once, with all these overdesigned and flashy super\sports cars that are released.

Arrows to Athens

I think that would be the more logical thing, but we all know Rockstar's relationship with normal logic or common sense when it comes to vehicles.

I mean, they actually do an amazing job when they want but there's so many cases of flawed or stupid decisions that makes no sense or simply lacks logic when you look closer.

But in this case, I think I would still like the Schafter V12 more than a more powerful Schwartzer, to me it's just so cool to have a 4 door car with the power, acceleration and top speed to compete with a supercar, specially when it looks so subtle. It kinda breaks the mold for once, with all these overdesigned and flashy super\sports cars that are released.

The Windsor and Windsor Drop are as fast as the Infernus in a straight line.

Aghakhi

I didn't know that about the Windsor, guess it's more impressive than the Schafter maybe, since it's a larger, bulkier vehicle. I find the Drop version really beautiful, but it's kinda too expensive for me since it's a car I would only ever use for cruising.

ItsParkerD7
Posted (edited)

I just recently purchased this and I love it. I love the blend of classy and sporty. I made mine resemble a sporty version. I kept a classy color but went with sporty wheels. Let me know what you think.

M8e5j1lwM0uUvYc0RD_g6Q_0_0.jpg

gxeqrPDNf0OnRGYL1iTGsQ_0_0.jpg

ceudoqIdXkCOFWk-c_s32g_0_0.jpg

QH3XSPgpfky5hgCUprt8WA_0_0.jpg

Edited by ItsParkerD7

BloodyCharity
Posted (edited)

This annoys me though. The Radio display isn't full. 1/6 of it is not displayed.

deuL9av.jpg

Not a big deal,really. That startup button texture is much worse and it's probably more annoying! :lol:

Edited by BloodyCharity

Foreverpast
Posted (edited)

The Armored version has been my work vehicle for some time now, good performance with a nice little buffer to bullets & explosions.

I use it primary during Business supply runs & Missions.

Is it an OP weaponized car? No, but I rather enjoy it as is over flying cars & bikes.

000.png00.png0.png

Edited by Foreverpast

Pedinhuh

deuL9av.jpg

Not a big deal,really. That startup button texture is much worse and it's probably more annoying! :lol:

More annoying than both of these is the dashboard not fitting the car at all and the steering wheel blocking the gauges.