3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Tre-Von

Imponte Nightshade Appreciation Thread

GhostlySentinel

It's does look like a camero at first glance but too me it seems to be based on the Pontiac firebird trans am gen3 I could be wrong though I haven't studied cars since high school

The reason for that is that Firebirds and Camaros are incredibly similar. Every Camaro/Firebird hybrid in the game is equal parts both, although I wouldn't say that this one takes any Firebird influence.

Blondude

It's does look like a camero at first glance but too me it seems to be based on the Pontiac firebird trans am gen3 I could be wrong though I haven't studied cars since high school

The reason for that is that Firebirds and Camaros are incredibly similar. Every Camaro/Firebird hybrid in the game is equal parts both, although I wouldn't say that this one takes any Firebird influence.

The taillights are from a Firebird. Everything else is early 2nd gen Camaro though.

HKM87

Here's Mine :inlove:

F33vakljiE6HARyeRGEKkg_0_0.jpg

Ciaran

0HJeM30.jpg

7hhy8Jp.jpg

I2nXcIK.jpg

2CYYeoX.jpg

HKM87

This car is all I wanted, except it isnt nearly loud enough.

Well, show us your car Mach! I know you're butt hurt about not creating the thread but c'mon, I bet you'll have one of the best here!

Edited by HKM87

Econobrick

I like it more than I thought I would and I'm going to hang on to it, but I'd much rather there had been a version with a stock track-width and no fender flares.

As it is, it looks too cartoony if you're going for any kind of look other than the pro-touring, restomod Camaro it's based on.

Overall, it's good... but I still say the Phoenix is the better F-body in this game. :p

TbDE-U09E0WXIwdqyX_y1A_0_0.jpg

I chose "Six Gun" rims because they look almost exactly like these:

1.jpg
Clearly, the so-called "Old School" muscle rims would be the more obvious choice, but I figured Six Guns had to be good for something.

Edited by Econobrick

GhostlySentinel

Six Guns are perfect for the Monroe.

9266943398_dd3caf5b8a_o.jpg

Mach1bud

This car is all I wanted, except it isnt nearly loud enough.

Well, show us your car Mach! I know you're butt hurt about not creating the thread but c'mon, I bet you'll have one of the best here!

All in good time my friend.

Synophrys

Mine is metallic black with a dark blue pearl. (Still from my video)

3OgnOvtMQE2qnnEwV641Sg_0_0.jpg

(Video in Spoiler)

beretta-gt88

0HJeM30.jpg

7hhy8Jp.jpg

I2nXcIK.jpg

2CYYeoX.jpg

Do you thank the Nightshade should be buffed? it accelerates to slow :(

Edited by beretta-gt88

Econobrick

Not really...knock down the price, if anything? The idea of making each new car better than the previous best is just annoying... it makes the car classes more and more busted than they already are. Shouldn't you buy a car because you like it and not because it's necessarily the "best"? Although I guess that's what the vast majority of people do and R* (usually) caters to exactly that. Making existing vehicles more and more useless. Edited by Econobrick

Adrian J.

My Nightshade based on the 1972 Camaro SS
Z6RBc3ntQkSaCZIOEUCrmw_0_0.jpg

C5dBc_WnYkKRu21-wLJloQ_0_0.jpg

TacitusKilgore
ZOxLknc.jpg Edited by AlphaSierra111996

HKM87

KqKa92F.jpg

lBSSJwN.jpg

Silver le Belge

Not really...knock down the price, if anything? The idea of making each new car better than the previous best is just annoying... it makes the car classes more and more busted than they already are. Shouldn't you buy a car because you like it and not because it's necessarily the "best"? Although I guess that's what the vast majority of people do and R* (usually) caters to exactly that. Making existing vehicles more and more useless.

Not better, but it would be nice if this car was competitive. At first I tested it and thought "Oh this car has good traction, that's how R* balanced it, all traction and just enough power". But no. It's worse than a Vigero or a Phoenix on a track. Considering it's expensive and based on a performance-oriented restomod, I would have expected better.

Econobrick

Not better, but it would be nice if this car was competitive. At first I tested it and thought "Oh this car has good traction, that's how R* balanced it, all traction and just enough power". But no. It's worse than a Vigero or a Phoenix on a track. Considering it's expensive and based on a performance-oriented restomod, I would have expected better.

That's fair, I guess. I honestly didn't know it was that bad... since so far, I've only raced the Nightshade against other Nightshades. I don't think it would need to be any better performing than a Phoenix or Dukes (because, if you're good enough at driving either of those, you can still win with them fairly easily) but I guess I'll take your word for it if you say it's considerably worse than those. Edited by Econobrick

HeatproofLemur

If you just buy the 'best' car then your going to have exactly the same as everyone else, GTA Online gives people so many opportunities to express themselves and show what they like, I buy my cars on how satisfying they are to have, dukes, Windsor and so on, I rarely see anything other than a supercar now in free roam, or an insurgent that's just crashing into everything and that stupid musical horn. I'm not having a pop at people who just want to do well in the game atall, it's just that I rarely see anyone nowadays that just does there own thing regarding cars.

Silver le Belge

You can check Broughy's video. It's the 19h best muscle car on a track. That's Picador-tier.

livejoker

First car that I bought and sold on the same day. Looks amazing, sound is okay (in my opinion - just not loud enough) but the speed is so disappointing. Doesn't accelerate fast, top speed isn't that quick (stock armored Kuruma goes faster than a fully modded Nightshade)...it was the car I was looking forward to the most but just feels so lacking. The body roll with stock suspension is tons of fun, though. The price is definitely way too much for what the car really is; a fun muscle car that's quick enough to keep up but not worth half that mill.

Edited by livejoker

Econobrick

(deleted due to being a bunch of stupid sh*t)

Edited by Econobrick

Synophrys

It is definitely not a good performing car, but I guess that's why we all like it so much.
Driving the Nightshade isn't about winning a race, it's about the character of this awesome muscle car.
It's slow and can't compete, but it sure is hella fun to drive around.

CrysisAverted

Legend has it, the Schafter V12 leeched some of the Nightshade's speed.

nitrodude199

How does it compare to other muscle cars in terms of acceleration/top speed/handling/... ?

Edited by nitrodude199

Jimrod

You can check Broughy's video. It's the 19h best muscle car on a track. That's Picador-tier.

The Picador really needs Benny to offer a pimped version, it's just waiting for it!

The Nightshade is a little disappointing, expensive, underperforming (at least Sabre Turbo standard would have been nice) and the weirdness of the over-done arches mixed with slightly awkward front has stopped me buying one. :\

JohnGazman

Implying you'll find a lobby that isn't racing Supers/Sports.

Not sure about the Nightshade. It's nice, good customization options, decently quick and fairly maneuverable. But a half-mil price tag? Ehhh, not sure it's worth that much money.

NFFQppHR3Eqjh0p9K9jXYA_0_0.jpg

CLNOswiQMkaVFwrrynEn7g_0_0.jpg

CNgx5DLe9keNJg4W7HKB8A_0_0.jpg

NIGHTHAWK0D2

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&srhere is mine, i sold it after i saw how under powered it was however, but still its cool looking.

Edited by NIGHTHAWK0D2

AUScowboy

I never expected this to be the fastest, but it definitely exceeded my expectations. Its easily my favorite muscle now and i dont see that changing unless something even cooler is released. I seriously cannot stop driving it during missions and freeroam, heck I even made a new track for it called Muscle Boogie!

Emu War

A lot of people are complaining about it, but I think the restomod looks exquisite. Should it have been a customization option? Yes, but I'd probably add it. Just love the look of it and can't wait til I get to hop on and play with it!

AndyC-M

finally theres a muscle car that looks like its got attitude and wouldnt shy away from a fight, all the others look a bit wimpish

i want to put pics up of mine but i havent been able to upload pics since i transfered to ps4