Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,309 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
fefenc

Dragon Ball Super

Richard Power Colt

I also thought it felt kinda rushed, a lot of the stronger fighters from other universes managed to stick around much longer after fighting universe 7 and the mouse god was so confident that I expected a bit more from him. He also said in the end that he would take everyone down with him. I thought he would do some kind of kamikaze attack or something, but then nothing happened? I guess it shows how strong Zeno is, but I kinda wanted to see him do something after that line.

It's a shame Piccolo got knocked off the stage but it was about time someone from U7 dropped out. He did have his moments in this saga. I like how butthurt he looked when he discovered he got beated by a bug lol.

Richard nailed my thoughts. I expected a final stand from U4 to be a bit harder to beat, maybe across two episodes to make the fights a bit longer. If the mouse GoD managed to begin his attack, maybe wipe out half the stage before being Zeno'd, that would be a small, yet apperciated plot twist.

I have a feeling that after the tournament, U7 will have to decide who makes the SDB wish and then Frieza starts fighting against everyone that's left.

Let's say only Frieza, Vegeta and Goku remain, then Frieza does a surprise attack on Vegeta. Then the true final showdown begins.

Edited by fashion

Pedinhuh

U4 plan was...Actually smart.

...Until they decided to attack U7, if I was the God of destruction of U4, I would let those 3 fighters wait until U3 is eliminated and U7 and U11 fight until only one remains, then they use their shtick plan on whoever is left, and by extension is weaker because of the fights.

Or just stick around with their 3 fighters until the time runs out.

I loved episode 120. Only thing that bothered me are some of the faces in this episode. Clearly they didn't put too much effort into them. Beerus looked like he was taking a hard dump and Gohan looked akward as f*ck in a few scenes.

Gohan was fire in this one.

Edited by fashion

Richard Power Colt

DBS fight scenes in a nutshell:

It kinda bores me whenever they do this.

Kenshiro did it better:

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Coin

Maybe they'll cut back on it in the dub? One can only hope.

Richard Power Colt

It's not just the shouting, but the constant rapid punching just isn't very interesting to watch. I'd rather have some more actual fight coreography that isn't repetitive, but I guess they are limited by budget and time.

I liked this episode's enemy a lot but the fusion between three robots and that purple guy was kinda weird. How did robots fuse into a monster?

Loved Frieza in this one, it's so interesting seeing him work with others.

Coin

I liked this episode's enemy a lot but the fusion between three robots and that purple guy was kinda weird. How did robots fuse into a monster?

Loved Frieza in this one, it's so interesting seeing him work with others.

His visual design reminded me of Hatchiyack. Maybe it's some sort of machine mutant style like that & what we saw in Black Star/Baby arcs.

I don't think I'll ever not hate the whole bringing back Frieza (and giving him a new form) that RoF started but at least his involvement in the ToP arc has been great.

I'd of loved to see Cell brought back for the tournament, between personality & power he's the perfect villain pick for this scenario. Although that would have made Universe 7 even more OP, lol. Shame that they (apparently) decided he was too difficult to animate.

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)

Lol they brought back Brian Drummond to play purple Vegeta in the english dub:

For those who don't know, it's the guy who played Vegeta in the Ocean dub of DBZ where the over 9000 meme is from. I always liked his sinister voice.

Edit: The english dub of Super in general from what I've seen actually seems a lot funnier than the japanese one. Kinda wish I had waited for the english dub to come out before I started to watch in japanese.

Also comments on the newest episode:

Beautifully drawn for sure since they brought back the guy from episode 114. It's sad that they can't have every episode look this good. This episode could have been better tho if it didn't have some very noticeable padding. Some scenes were stretched out to be longer than they needed to be and much of the commentary was once again pretty unnecessary. And the power-scaling with Jiren was a bit weird again, but whatever.

Coin

Today's episode was pretty hype.

Vegeta reminded me a lot of his Majin form in this episode. It was exciting, I was almost sure he's going to be knocked out. If he was, I think I would've stopped watching lol.

Coin

Funnily enough, I actually watched Majin Vegeta vs Goku (and then his redemption against Buu) yesterday. Still Vegeta's best moment in any of the series IMO.

And yeah, it would have sucked if he had gotten knocked out so soon. Unfortunately no form of Ultra Instinct for him though it seems.

Seems like his new form will be a mastered version of Blue, kind of like how Gohan & Goku perfected super saiyan back in the Cell Saga.

Posted (edited)

That's my favorite fight of the series, very closely followed by Frieza vs. Goku and Gohan vs. Cell. I didn't enjoy Buu as a villain quite as much as the others and Majin Vegeta was the best thing about the saga imo. Not that I didn't like Buu, I just prefered other villains.

I cried during his final speech with Trunks when I was a kid. Throughout the complete series, Vegeta was so evil, turned into an antihero who had mutual interests with Goku and the others (mainly because he wanted to kill Goku and couldn't let the villains take him) but then, when he had the greatest evil inside his heart with the Majin mark, he overcomes it and wants to beat Goku out of his own will. Ultimately he decides to sacrifice himself for Earth.

Oh yeah, and he's a f*cking badass so there's that.

Edited by fashion

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

I've only been loosely following Dragon Ball Super for the past year or so, but I've seen most of the major battles from the ToP. One question I do have is why are there two Zeno guys there? I thought there was only one Zeno and he created all the universes. I actually don't like him all that much, his voice and constant commentary get old for me fast.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)

I've only been loosely following Dragon Ball Super for the past year or so, but I've seen most of the major battles from the ToP. One question I do have is why are there two Zeno guys there? I thought there was only one Zeno and he created all the universes. I actually don't like him all that much, his voice and constant commentary get old for me fast.

Long story short the other Zeno is from a different timeline.

Edit: Also I thought he was a funny character at first, but their commentary in the tournament pretty much boils down to "SO EXCITING, SO COOL!!!" and it's pretty annoying.

I think they're just holding off from revealing Zeno's true nature and hope we'll get a full saga about him and the angels. It's all very mysterious so far.

Richard Power Colt

Newest episode wasn't the best animated, but I quite enjoyed it. It was cool to see some actual fight strategy and Vegeta actually getting his own form instead of just following in Goku's footsteps like usual.

Yeah, especially in the first few minutes, I wasn't sure if I was watching the real episode or a fan made parody. The animations were off.

About time, Vegeta. It's exciting to see him reach a new form that relies purely on his power and anger. Finally something that sets him apart from Goku. No hidden kaioken technique, no near death trigger, no tricks. Just pure sayian pride and power. I love it!

I had my cards on a counterpart of Ultra Instinct, the "attack" version of it. This one seems to be different than I expected, but it has a similar aura to UI. They haven't called the form yet but it could be a more powerful SSB, Ultra Blue perhaps? Dark Blue? Maybe it has nothing to do with UI at all.

Edited by fashion

Coin

I'm definitely a fan of the whole literally a child god of the entire universe thing that the Zenos have going on. It's very Dr Slump-esque, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but doesn't really fit here IMO.

Animation wise I'd say this was the weakest episode in a while too.

Seems like Dypso might be f*cked, since Frieza is toying with him and hasn't even felt the need to go Golden yet.

Opposite of the Gohan & 17 vs Toppo fight. Although that makes sense due to Toppo being the heir apparent to U11's God of Destruction. Gohan fanboy in me hopes that he at least makes it past this fight though, hah.

About time, Vegeta. It's exciting to see him reach a new form that relies purely on his power and anger. Finally something that sets him apart from Goku. No hidden kaioken technique, no near death trigger, no tricks. Just pure sayian pride and power. I love it!

I had my cards on a counterpart of Ultra Instinct, the "attack" version of it. This one seems to be different than I expected, but it has a similar aura to UI. They haven't called the form yet but it could be a more powerful SSB, Ultra Blue perhaps? Dark Blue? Maybe it has nothing to do with UI at all.

Still feel like this is just perfected SSB as I mentioned previously but it's still a nice powerup regardless.

Originally though I had kind of expected Vegeta would gain the attack portion of Ultra Instinct and then him & Goku would potara fuse for Ultra Instinct Vegito. I mean, I guess this could still happen but I'm glad it hasn't yet and hope it won't.

Dbzk1999

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954086203044675584

Well, looks like Supers going on hiatus in March. Whether it comes back after the new movie comes out or is rebranded, well see. Although there most likely wont be any new episodes after March with Kitaru taking its place for now

Oh man :(

What the f*ck is Kitaru anyways? Placing some sh*tty anime on top of DB makes me sick. I'm not ready for the end. I was expecting some goofy filler episodes after the ToP and then a new saga about Zeno and the angels.

Oh well, if it's over then I'm going to start watching from the very beginning of DBZ. Not sure if I'll watch the OG DB again.

Dbzk1999

Oh man :(

What the f*ck is Kitaru anyways? Placing some sh*tty anime on top of DB makes me sick. I'm not ready for the end. I was expecting some goofy filler episodes after the ToP and then a new saga about Zeno and the angels.

Oh well, if it's over then I'm going to start watching from the very beginning of DBZ. Not sure if I'll watch the OG DB again.

Kitaru is a pretty important anime in Japan, and the newest anime for it is to commemorate its 50th anniversary. Its the father of the youkai/terror genre and started the boom in popularity of that genre

Alright, if it's a revival of a classic then I'm sure a lot of people are going to be happy. Not me though, because DB is the only anime I ever cared about.

Super was like an unexpected birthday present, I never would have thought Dragon Ball will be back ever again. The series had it's ups and downs but I'm really disappointed that it's going to be over again pretty soon..

Edited by fashion

Richard Power Colt

I'm sure it'll be back at some point, there's a lot of stories they could come up with since they introduced different universes. Although there's definitely been some ridiculous power creep in Super so not sure who Goku would even fight anymore except for like Gods. Personally I'd like some longer stories that don't involve Goku at all, but that probably won't happen.

As far as other anime goes, I don't watch a ton, but I'm waiting for Jojo part 5 to drop. There's apparently also gonna be a Fist Of The Blue Sky anime(Fist of the North Star spin-off manga), but idk how I feel about it being CG.

Edit: Also One Punch Man is pretty fun too, but I really dunno what's going on with season 2 for that, it's been ages.

Kaiju Blue

Boo! I really enjoy Super, even if it's a bit of a sh*tshow in terms of animation quality sometimes... and pacing... and character consistency... and in a lot of other ways! But still, I love watching it every saturday night, I'm a guy who likes routine, dammit.

I hope there's a direct continuation in the horizon, let's say within 1-2 years. Because there's a lot of stuff left to do IMO... we haven't seen what Frieza is planning, what the deal with the exempt universes is, and most importantly, I want to see Beerus fight Goku/Vegeta for real now! God dammit.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

If they do decide to continue Dragon Ball after Super ends and the new movie comes out, I want it to focus on Uub. At the end of Dragon Ball's original manga run Goku went off to train Uub to be Earth's next big hero. I want to see someone other than Goku or a Saiyan take center-stage for once. GT really screwed over Uub. They had an amazing idea when they decided to fuse him with Mr. Buu to form Majuub, but he was quickly and shamefully thrown to the wayside afterwords.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

I just hope the movie won't be a retelling of the events in Super, like a Zamatsu movie or ToP. Otherwise, I'm open for almost anything as long as it follows the canon and isn't a real life movie lmao.

Richard Power Colt

I heard it's some kind of prequel about the saiyans or something. One thing I'm hoping is that they don't use any of that ugly-ass 3D animation they did with ROF and BOG. It looked really out of place.

Dbzk1999

Movie is about saiyans and what it means to be a saiyan. Based off of a recent Toriyama interview, its most likely going to concern the original ssj Yamoshi and how he tied into the super saiyan god legend