2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

I'm done with GTA V

Alabeo

I've bought a laptop Lenovo Y50 with i7 2.50GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 860m with 4GB VRAM, Win 81 x64 Pro.

After 30 mins or so game has huge memory leak. It rises to 3GB then starts dropping to 2.3GB and stutter starts. Sound hiccups, game has stutters, textures sometimes fail to load. Strangely not all the time textures fail to load but at some point game just refuses to load textures for some time. I've tried everything including old drivers, giving more page file, reinstalling windows, setting up profile for GTA V, using memrestrict... just refuses to work.

All of my drivers are up to date. It seems like R* didn't even attempt to fix issues with memory. I'm done with GTA V officially... I'm just tired that they cannot program game right. If I could refund money for this disfunctional piece of crap, I would...

Do you guys have any idea what's going on? I am out of ideas. Game is butter smooth and strangely it uses more RAM when details are lower.

Edited by Alabeo

Nope since laptop is more than capable of running this game at high details.

more than capable at high graphics???

• Like 2

I've been experiencing some memory weirdness with GTA V too, but...

gtx 860m?

It's waaaaay less powerful than the recommended gpu for gta v

If you bought this laptop interested in gaming, well, I'm afraid you wasted your money

and by the way, memrestrict it's a IV commandline exclusive (questionable, too)

How can laptop run game on high details in nearly 60FPS all the time and then after some time run out of memory?

That doesn't make sense. If GFX card didn't meet requirements, it would lag out of the box but it runs butter smooth... Any other game I run, including Fallout 4, Dead Rising 3, Dying Light or Witcher 3 run just fine with high details for hours... only GTA V runs after some time like utter crap. ONLY GTA V.

Don't tell me it's a laptop not meant for gaming if only game I'm having issues with is GTA V. It proves clearly that game is poorly made when other way more demanding games run just fine without any problems.

Edited by Alabeo
  • Like 3

Craptops aren't built for gaming. That thing might start out almost handling the game until it heats up and then you get degraded performance from the underpowered system failing under the heat stress.

Roll back your graphics driver from the latest Nvidia driver to something 1 or 2 versions older. (problem will most likely go away). Getting all defensive over the fact that your craptop wont run the game and putting the blame on the game is probably not gonna get you much help.

Oh by the way Craptops aren't for gaming.

I have same laptop and I agree the laptop is indeed awesome! Running at very high/ultra with decent fps. Except I don't have same problem as yours I am afraid... Make sure when you play the game to have everything closed in background.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Only thing I can suggest is a complete GPU driver delete and restart, beyond that, verify the GTA V cache if it is on Steam....

If it is a pirate copy, you're stuffed!

EDIT : Just noticed you rolled back gpu drivers. It is possible something has corrupted while faffing around in there, so a complete delete and restart with all those is the way to go.

Edited by Sikee Atric

MOaRJRr.jpg

ClareXoBearrx3R9

People should really stop being idiots and suggesting it's the fault of a laptop when other comparable games run fine.

I have a netbook that runs GTA at a solid 20-25 FPS at 800x600, no complaints here.

The recent Nvidia drivers have been showing memory leaks again. I know it's an old driver but just to eliminate options, try downloading the old GTA V Game Ready driver (the last one reported to not do this at all). And no, the problem doens't happen to everyone or on all situations, but it happens since Windows 10 released.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

I'd like to thank you for informing us that you're not gonna play V anymore. I know that me and a lot of other users here have been aching for some info on your situation.

• Like 2

People should really stop being idiots and suggesting it's the fault of a laptop when other comparable games run fine.

I have a netbook that runs GTA at a solid 20-25 FPS at 800x600, no complaints here.

I know right.

• Like 1

Laptops are generally not very ideal choice for gaming but your specs look good to me.

Did you try submitting a ticket with your DXDiag and MSinfo included, so that R* can look into it and help you out?

To me it clearly seems like an issue with the dedicated graphics in your laptop. You should try to roll back to the best driver version that worked before updating it.

Nope since laptop is more than capable of running this game at high details.

Obviously it's not, there is powerhouse computers that have trouble running it and don't say it can run other games just as demanding at a higher quality GTAV as in past GTA games can be over the top.It always makes me laugh how people who buy laptops expect to run some of these games made today as well or better then a system using a $600.00 video card . Face facts laptops have their place but not in the present day gaming world.

Another rant about TGAV. You bought a faptop to play CPU-intensive game like GTAV. And how are you going to play The Witcher 3?

Try the Game Ready driver for GTAV, for PC it's 350.12. For fatop, I don't know since those things are damn terrible and heat sh*t up so easily,

you don't need a grill to gill your realistic steak.

- plays gta v on a potato

- blames the game for stuttering and texture issues

the end. 10/10 ign.

Edited by NumaYay

- plays gta v on a potato

- blames the game for stuttering and texture issues

the end. 10/10 ign.

- R* adds potato dlc to run the muh better on potato

- still not happy

The end. IGN 100/10 because shark cards fixed potato stuttering

Edited by SilverRST

See there's this thing called "marketing" it's an imaginary place where "gaminig laptops" exist. Over here in the real world there are no gaming laptops just things marketed as such.

But hey if you still want to run games on something other than a proper gaming pc, I can probably get you a deal on the latest greatest "Gaming Tablet."

ClareXoBearrx3R9

I love how so many f*cking idiots still go on and on and on about the fact that it's a laptop, as if that were the source of the OP's problems, otherwise implying that the game is perfectly optimized. Funny, if it were so optimized, the PC section of these forums would be practically blank of threads talking about issues. Perhaps it's optimized enough for you, but with different combinations of hardware and software on every computer, software is bound to act differently.

The real fact, is that a laptop will generally never be able to reach the potential that a desktop can. However, that doesn't mean this game in-particular, won't run at an acceptable level. Perhaps the game isn't all that optimized for your hardware and software combination, particularly if it starts just fine. Of course, some performance is expected to dwindle over the course of session play time, since as you drive around and whatnot, different assets and resources are loaded and unloaded between the game / memory and your disk. And it is surely a feasible assumption that this performance degradation be more noticeable in a laptop than a high-end, dedicated gaming PC.

But. I'm sure the OP f*cking gets it. It's not a goddamn desktop, so really, anyone replying with anything along those lines or trying to make a joke about it is just be a f*cking idiot.

@OP: Hopefully you can find a way to optimize it. If not, then I suppose you can either either deal with it or, at least you have other games that allegedly run fine. Or of course, as the common dumbass in this thread would probably say, "upgrade to a real PC".

If I could refund money for this disfunctional piece of crap, I would...

When did you buy the laptop? Maybe you still can...

• Like 2

Even with my setup the game still pops, stutters and glyphs. Turning everything down a notch from 12Gb VRAM to 10Gb still has it's problems but it runs ok and i can still have fun (minus the modders of course)

Accept limitations and grab some good friends. It's a good game as it was meant to be and just requires some finesse and imagination.

• Like 1

a gaming laptop is like military intelligence, they can show it to you, and you can see it....but it still doesn't really exist....

ClareXoBearrx3R9

a gaming laptop is like military intelligence, they can show it to you, and you can see it....but it still doesn't really exist....

Kind of like the level of intelligence in this thread coming from many people. :^:

I think this thread has run it's course-- it does not appear to be a request for help and has become something of a spam magnet.

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP