2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why is that capture is hated so much?

Sancho Pantches

Sancho Pantches

The other day I've read a complain on this forum that R* made a “mean move” by giving some free rims to players who play capture,
one of their most “crappy and ignored game modes”? I come across this kind of opinion regarding capture over and over within GTO community.

I was wondering why such a hatred?
Isn't it true that some of the most popular GTAO missions like; Violent Duct, Rooftop Rumble, Base Invaders, Potshot, CCO's,
play basically like a (1 team) capture?
From what I see, capture game play is not that much different than hugely popular TDM or a locked vehicle GTAO race?
So far it is the only game mode that allows the use of NPC actors in user jobs.

Is there some other really big issue that I'm missing?

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

They shoud simply fix their matchmaking.

Till that moment comes jobs that only require one player or are build to boost ones kd ratio are gonna stay more populair.

Edit: i actualy loved to try out last team standings when i heard about them...but besides the fact they were stupid enough to give players the ability to build there own crap and publish it their matchmaking is still so sh*tty i dont have the patience for it.

Edited by goldadderXD

Possibly due to the flood of "rp, munney afk quick" captures that appear when you're trying to find a decent capture. Also the fact that it's probably one of the most annoying daily objectives now that tennis, impromptu races etc were removed. Given the fact that there are so many different modes doesn't make it easier (contend, gta, raid etc).

Oh and the lack of players enjoying this mode results in rather empty lobbies too.

• Like 2

Because it requires a slighlty more amount of thought and skill.

If it isnt killing or driving full throttle into a wall, people don't want to do it.

In the old days, I played capture the flag modes in Unreal Tournament a little bit, and those seemed like they could be fun. So one would think that capture games in the large, open world of GTA0 would be even better. But the players in GTA0 are all such random assholes that Capture just does not seem satisfying or coherent.

Edited by saintsrow

JohnnyCallisto

RP Glitch [AFK]

Yes, people glitch RP.

No, I can't believe it either!

Edited by JohnnyCallisto

Sancho Pantches

Okidoki. I never play those Nigerian prince jobs with RP $$$ parkour glitch vs moneyz jumpz .

I always thought for some reason that those where TDM.

Shootinalloveryourface

I played capture yesterday for my daily objectives.

Was surprised to get 4 people in within a minute. One guy was afk the whole time though

honestly i love captures & last team standings, mostly those rockstar made. with enough people its so much fun. but where are the players playing them? really i want to be able to quick join a R created job!! ui ui ui!!!!!

• Like 3

RP Glitch [AFK]

Yes, people glitch RP.
No, I can't believe it either!

Don't knock it '[RP] Glitch AFK' got me chrome rims & two T-shirts plus a crap load of RP for zero effort in just 30 minutes. All I had to do was restart the job every few minutes.

We've playeed captures in my crew and I think they can be good - granted we avoid the "rp glitch hurr durr" crap.

The only thing I can think of is that they actually require a bit of thinking about and tactics which is all too much for some who just want to mindlessly run around shooting NPC bad guys in missions.

Captures for daily objectives are easy, set one up as single package win and put the 'home' spots really close, takes 10 seconds. I've posted links to some just like this on the daily objective guide thread.

I can't believe how alienated Capture Jobs are. I love making capture jobs. There's so much more you can do than the other job creators. Take my job "Annihilation" for example. Opposite teams don't even see each other throughout the entire thing. All they have to do it run along a bridge split both sides with the same gauntlet filled with maze-like props and explosives while finding a path to the capture objects then run back through the gauntlet to the start. To spice things up, 6 enemy NPC Annihilators are firing at you hence the name of the job "Annihilation". Even I can't get enough of it, and I created it :lol:

• Like 3

Shootinalloveryourface

I can't believe how alienated Capture Jobs are. I love making capture jobs. There's so much more you can do than the other job creators. Take my job "Annihilation" for example. Opposite teams don't even see each other throughout the entire thing. All they have to do it run along a bridge split both sides with the same gauntlet filled with maze-like props and explosives while finding a path to the capture objects then run back through the gauntlet to the start. To spice things up, 6 enemy NPC Annihilators are firing at you hence the name of the job "Annihilation". Even I can't get enough of it, and I created it :lol:

Sounds cool. You get good lobbys for it?

If I could get big lobbys, I'd put in a lot of effort into creating a capture

Sounds cool. You get good lobbys for it?

If I could get big lobbys, I'd put in a lot of effort into creating a capture

Varies to be honest. Player limit is 10, max I've had join was 8. On average its 3-4 players.

CaptainMarvel

Social club link? Sounds very cool after getting past your humble-brag ;)

Edited by CaptainMarvel

I've always thought that Capture could be fun with large, semi-organized teams. But my experience is that people tend not to play GTA that way very much, and the matchmaking system (such as it is) exacerbates the problem. Unlike Halo or similar shooters, where squad vs. squad objective games were common and very hotly contested, matches in GTA tend to involve 1) lots of randoms, 2) uneven teams, 3) people goofing off and not really trying, 4) massive disparities in rank and skill, 5) games with too few people in them to be fun (like getting matched into a Capture with one other player, and he goes ahead and start it) - and so on. It makes the matches suck and that makes people not want to play them.

• Like 2

- It's long

- It pays sh*t

- It pays even further sh*t for the losing side

I definitely prefer Contact Mission where everyone works for everyone's benefit.

• Like 2

Social club link? Sounds very cool after getting past your humble-brag ;)

Haha! There you go, sir :p

http://rsg.ms/82aa251

• Like 1

Captures are actually the BEST pvp game modes.

But its RUINED by all forms of auto aim.

I've seen a ton of great captures made, seriously amazing stuff. But unless you get everyone playing with pure free aim its complete sh*t.

Try and get package... AUTO AIM.

Drive near package or other players AUTO AIM.

Respawn AUTO AIM.

The run and gun is ruined by the run, lock on and DIE. And is pretty much why i barely play them, unless its free aim.

captures died after the helicopter rp glitch gor fixed haha

in my case is one of those modes that simply dont inspire me to play.

i'd rather do darts than captures

Daily objective:Play capture

Good luck!

Probably because of the payouts prior 1.16

Edited by Arachne

Blasterman4EVER

I'm not sure that it's hated. There is just an infectious attitude of not to do something unless others are doing it. I know that if everyone were forced to do capture in large groups, they'd like it.

Rockstar just needs to double or triple the payouts on captures.

I don't mind playing any of the capture modes, it's just that it seems people rarely join them. Now they're heavily featured in Daily Objectives (almost every day over the last month - that and Flight School missions... yawn) but that hasn't really helped with their popularity.

I get friends to help out when I have to play them but as a two-player experience it can be a very dull affair. Never had the opportunity to play a capture with more than four people - i'm assuming they're great fun, in the same way that LTS is great when populated... but that's usually the problem, isn't it? People not joining lobbies, experiencing connection issues or having no patience to wait a minute or two for other players really hurts this game outside of Free Roam.

Was just thinking, having had to do some deathmatches for daily objectives recently it seems they are very quiet too, all the invites I get are for the "RP glitch, eleventy billion dollars" type crap that you just know is being hosted by the creator, because he knows where all the weapons & hiding places are.

Was just thinking, having had to do some deathmatches for daily objectives recently it seems they are very quiet too, all the invites I get are for the "RP glitch, eleventy billion dollars" type crap that you just know is being hosted by the creator, because he knows where all the weapons & hiding places are.

Sadly, DM access from the phone 'Quickplay' menu appears to have been ruined with so many of these bait-and-switch monstrosities. I have to host a R* created map if I want to play a DM because nine times out of ten it ends up being an unbalanced user-created piece of trash. Unfortunately it also seems we're right back to the 'nobody joining lobbies' issue again when I do that.

Edited by Coleco

It's a quality control issue at Rockstar.

If Rockstar were to sit down and analyse the games that are popular and actually played, they would sift out about two-thirds of the Capture modes that don't work so well, followed by about fourth-fifths of the Adversary Modes, and more than half of the various other PvP modes that are not played or liked... but they don't do that because the objective is to give us as many options as possible, including providing us with editors to create our own game modes.

That's Rockstar's problem: too many options available, thinning out the player base, and not enough top quality content.

• Like 3

ThaSouljaCity

I'd take captures too if they were more popular with the community. I'm getting sick of playing the same damn RnG DM's.

it's personally my favorite game mode out of all, it requires skill, teamwork and communication (probably the reason why so few play it) is really fun when played with your crewmates or crew v crew. I enjoy creating captures most as it really gives you the freedom to set the environment you want through actors, ambient settings and zones, haven't really been able to test many out or get feedback on them as no one ever joins and most of my crew mates moved on to other titles.

Most of my captures are based off drug deals or smuggling operations utilising the water for quick transportation, teamwork and communication are the keys to success

if you enjoy playing capture and wouldn't mind trying some of mine out add me on PS4 and we can get a game going.. PSN is same as my forum name

aaronBLUEeyes

Me and my crew play captures allot and don't hate them.

I've also designed a bunch if them, one is a paintball xball game with a center flag capture that needs to be returned to opposite teams starting gate.

Contend: X-Ball - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/xboxone/jobs/job/VtvVKV3ko0qOPWNl8_vdbQ

Shootinalloveryourface

Capture is crap imo due to auto aim, as another poster suggested.