3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Treat other forum users with respect

Jenkiiii

Dear Forum Users,

I know none of you in real life, and likewise none of you know me, so please don't take any of these comments personally - they're not personal, just guidelines for you to read and comment on if you wish. BTW, hello to all you guys out there who I play with from time to time. You're all cool and I luv ya :)

When I'm playing GTA online I accept that sometimes I bully and enjoy getting the upper hand over other players, but sometimes those players get the upper hand over me and reverse the tables. Being spawn or repeat killed in a lobby can be horrible, but that's part of the GTA online experience, and if you don't like it then you shouldn't be playing GTA online in the first place.

But you shouldn't be bringing that attitude into these forums on purpose, as an opportunity to get your own back or continue trolling. You should try and leave that attitude in the game and try to think out your ideas before you post them. I get worked up by peoples' comments sometimes, when 'ding-ding' the troll bell rings (again) and I realise that I'm being trolled, so it occurs to me that many of you come to these forums as a trolling continuation of the PvP in-game experience and as an opportunity to continue behaving like you're in GTA online, killing and battling other players.

You're probably already hating on me because I'm talking to you like your older brother, but please try not to use these forums as a place to troll, but come here with the objective of discussing, learning, helping out, getting a bit self-defensive sometimes, sure, but with the aim of giving reasonably intelligent input and getting something back in return. I know that most of you do post really intelligent comments, so apologise in advance for trawling through this.

I've learned a hell of a lot from participating on these forums, but mostly that I'm not the only sad weirdo out there who prefers emulating the life of the slickest guy in the hood in preference to my own pretty ordinary life.

Please try to differentiate between the GTA online gaming life and the GTA online forums.

Cheers ;)

I agree, some people have nothing better to do with their free-time so they resort to trolling...

P.S. Trolls incoming...

Edited by IceColdFrostMT

Agree, sometimes people on here seem quick to jump on the offensive!

• Like 2

Between you 'n' me, I spend more time here than fb. Discussions can be quite positive and i like that, plus i don't see adverts for things that i already bought yesterday :/ lol

• Like 3

Member's Only

Stop being such a little baby, you are annoying.

Respect is earned. Not freely given or demanded. I/you/we are all fully capable of treating each other in a decent manner, but I'm not showing respect for random nobodies.

TL; DR, but the GTA Forums mirror the GTA0 playerbase, and you know what total assholes they are. Can you really expect them to act any more civilized on the Forum? It's not in their nature, unfortunately.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

unless there is something to gain about being overly nice i will be who i am.....wich i think is generaly not that bad of an atitude :)

edit: in freeroam against people of a decent age im not a dick either.....after playing this game for 2 years i still do not see how exactly people can be in fact nice here and among friends but not against random players that didnt even come to close or did like anything i personaly need to see or hear to get provoked....but hey, i often have a problem with finding the right ethics and moral among people anyhow

Edited by goldadderXD

Omg this is like back in school when you have some dumb ass principle making some overly long speech about how we should all hold hands and suck each others dicks because we're all humans lol. I'm not here to make friends and i really don't care if someone doesn't like me.

ILY XoXo. ;)

• Like 1

Dear Forum Users,

I know none of you in real life, and likewise none of you know me, so please don't take any of these comments personally - they're not personal, just guidelines for you to read and comment on if you wish. BTW, hello to all you guys out there who I play with from time to time. You're all cool and I luv ya :)

-snip-

When you start like that, I already know you had a few drinks too many... So, what did you drink? Beer? Wodka? Whisky? It was rum, wasn't it?

Blasterman4EVER

You had me at "Dear", until I read this:

"I know that most of you do post really intelligent comments, so apologise in advance for trawling through this."

4349522627_frabz_THATS_NOT_TRUE_THATS_IM

Respect is earned. Not freely given or demanded. I/you/we are all fully capable of treating each other in a decent manner, but I'm not showing respect for random nobodies.

I've always thought that this quote was complete nonsense that old-timers say in order to validate their stupid views on life (I'm not talking about you).

Respect should always be given first. Otherwise the whole concept of the golden rule fails.

Believing that respect is earned is a very harmful philosophy. Admiration should be earned, but respect should be given to all. Unless they stroke the K/DR pole.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER
  • Like 2

Wake up, it's the internet. There will always be asshats, sh*tposters, spammers, f*ckwits, c*nt bags, Knucklehead Mc Spazatrons, and trolls (especially trolls) on everywhere and anywhere where people are able to post. Go ahead an check any other website, forum, news post, youtube video, whatever.

You can either:

1. Put on your big boy pants, suck it up and realize that this is the internet and everyone is or will be at some point a keyboard gangsta

2. Stop using the internet and use a news paper or the library

• Like 2

There's no difference between GTAO and GTAF: this is just the awesome internet, where people love to be rude and arrogant and also want to feel legit about that. Said so...

CommentPhotos.com_1405629793.jpg

Edited by bicenz

Op do you want a hug?

I think he needs a cookie

I want one too... :turn:

Edited by IceColdFrostMT

OP, sad reality is that this is the internet and the internet provides anonymity to the users. This anonymity allows people to act in a manner in which they don't usually act in their day to day life, act like a troll, act like an even more extreme uncensored version of themselves or really anything they feel like acting like because their identity is not known.

You have to build up a tough skin OP, the internet is usually full of people who do not care nor do they want to consider you as and individual and respect you so they act like asshats. Best things to do is to laugh at this fools, ignore them, block them and move on; I can assure you everyone involved in such an altercation will forget about it in a few hours, a day or a week tops.

• Like 1

Wake up, it's the internet. There will always be asshats, sh*tposters, spammers, f*ckwits, c*nt bags, Knucklehead Mc Spazatrons, and trolls (especially trolls) on everywhere and anywhere where people are able to post. Go ahead an check any other website, forum, news post, youtube video, whatever.

You can either:

1. Put on your big boy pants, suck it up and realize that this is the internet and everyone is or will be at some point a keyboard gangsta

2. Stop using the internet and use a news paper or the library

I think the OP is saying that potentially good GTAF threads, containing worthy discussion and intelligent debate, end up getting locked because the same old GTAF assholes and trolls come along turn it into a flamewar.

We've all seen it. And we could list the assholes if we wanted to, but I don't want that unpleasant job.

• Like 3

I enjoy the mix of characters on this forum it's a lively place. Threads get derailed all the time but you'll often see people having an intelligent debate in the middle of all the nonsense. I've been on both sides of that to be honest, I quite like an argument from time to time, it's no big deal.

What I'm saying is that people will troll, argue and attack each other, but it doesn't stop people from discussing things who want to, they can just ignore it. Let's be honest a good argument is good entertainment and that's partly why we're all here, for entertainment.

• Like 1

Blasterman4EVER

I enjoy the mix of characters on this forum it's a lively place. Threads get derailed all the time but you'll often see people having an intelligent debate in the middle of all the nonsense. I've been on both sides of that to be honest, I quite like an argument from time to time, it's no big deal.

What I'm saying is that people will troll, argue and attack each other, but it doesn't stop people from discussing things who want to, they can just ignore it. Let's be honest a good argument is good entertainment and that's partly why we're all here, for entertainment.

At 6 PAGES of ignored users and counting, I can almost have an intelligent conversation in here.

I am probably a few pages short of making this place totally coherent, but who is counting?

Trust me, the ignore preferences in this forum are there for a reason. Add ALL of the people who won't engage in intelligent conversation with you or refrain from using insults and fallacies.

op you wont survive reddit

send OP to 4chan

• Like 1

EqqGXy2.gif