2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Chrome Rims Rewards---How to unlock?

barttjee

Hey guys!

By completing certain awards you can get Chrome Rims for free for certain vehicle classes. The only two vehicle classes I still have to unlock are Offroad vehicles and Musclecars. Problem is, I have a hard time to complete these two:

Chrome rims - offroad: Kill 100 package carriers in Captures

Chrome rims - muscle: Be the last player alive in a LTS 50 times.

Two questions about these:

I don't think I know properly how to unlock the offroad ones. When I play "Hold: Freight Fight" and I kill another player carrying a package, it won't add a kill to my stats (this award is stuck at 10/100 for a long time). What do I have to do to complete this one?

When I join a LTS it is usually one of these "sniper/rpg vs. zentorno/insurgent" type of game. Do you guys have any tips how to stay alive as the last player? I managed it quite a few times, but also with this reward, I have the feeling it doesn't improve my stats that well or every time I manage to do this.

Hope you guys can help me or give me some tips! Thanks!

Edited by barttjee

You need to play specific capture modes... There are a few Capture types: Contend, GTA, Hold and finally Raid.. Sorry I do not know which ones will work with that award though you will have to suck em and see.

CaptainMarvel

You need to play specific capture modes... There are a few Capture types: Contend, GTA, Hold and finally Raid.. Sorry I do not know which ones will work with that award though you will have to suck em and see.

Suck em?

Suck em?

its an English expression as in; sample it to find out

• Like 1

I feel for you, OP.

The only two chrome tyre awards I haven't opened are:

> High End - for completing 50 heist finales (36/50)

> Off Road - for killing 100 package carriers in Capture modes (48/100) - JUST LIKE YOU.

Although I expect to complete the heist award 'eventually' when I fooooorce myself through it, I've pretty much accepted I will never get the chrome off-road tyres unless Rockstar do a 2x capture weekend or something and I GRIND like hell.

Shootinalloveryourface

Suck em?

Technically it's "suck it and see"

:beerhat:

• Like 1

I believe you are best progressing Kill Package carriers in Contend Captures.

Have not completed that for any character yet but the one I have been working on I've been using a spawn trap Capture that you can get through the barriers

to the opponent and they grab the package, kill them then we alternate so I get killed, currently sat at 80/100 doing it this way but it will take a while.

If you are serious about wanting this award PM me, I'm not playing GTA today as have another co-op game of Far Cry 4 with a friend tonight but I can help out

with this during the rest of the week.

Edited by tails_prower_2040

Suck em?

Technically it's "suck it and see"

:beerhat:

Err yeah but I was referring to multiple game modes hence the "em"

Cara Delevingne

I feel for you, OP.

> Off Road - for killing 100 package carriers in Capture modes (48/100) - JUST LIKE YOU.

Although I expect to complete the heist award 'eventually' when I fooooorce myself through it, I've pretty much accepted I will never get the chrome off-road tyres unless Rockstar do a 2x capture weekend or something and I GRIND like hell.

if you're interestend, we could help each other out with the off road rims.

Thanks for the replies! Tested it a bit. Raid (farmvillian) and a contend worked. I guess 'Hold' not. Gta capture with the besra didn't work neither.

I would be happy to help each other out with getting these awards. Who is on ps4?

Thanks for the replies! Tested it a bit. Raid (farmvillian) and a contend worked. I guess 'Hold' not. Gta capture with the besra didn't work neither.

I would be happy to help each other out with getting these awards. Who is on ps4?

I am on PS4, You can find my gt's on my profile.

Have not completed that for any character yet but the one I have been working on I've been using a spawn trap Capture that you can get through the barriers

to the opponent and they grab the package, kill them then we alternate so I get killed, currently sat at 80/100 doing it this way but it will take a while.

If you are serious about wanting this award PM me, I'm not playing GTA today as have another co-op game of Far Cry 4 with a friend tonight but I can help out

Allright will do! I'm not sure when I can play this week, but I think tomorrow (I'm from the Netherlands btw). Thanks! Edited by barttjee

Allright will do! I'm not sure when I can play this week, but I think tomorrow (I'm from the Netherlands btw). Thanks!

Excellent, probably best to send me a PM and we can sort out times for this, I play most nights between 6 pm and 12 midnight.

I'd like to help as well, still need Muscle and Off Roads. I am on at erratic times however.

It's easier to spend money on them than bothering with other players in crapy game modes to unlock them, really.

Mean move by R* for getting them rims for free only by playing their most ignored game modes.

Edited by HKM87
  • Like 2

Just recently completed these. "Claustrophobia" which is Rockstar approved on Xbox 360 is best for killing package carrier. Lot of packages, small area.

Does anybody knows how to have the tuner chrome wheels for free? I've got them for free for quite some time and never understood why.

50 heist setups for tuner rims I believe.

• Like 1

Shootinalloveryourface

I never knew this. Is there a link to the the list and a way of knowing your completion to date?

Still, they only cost around $50-70k so I'll probably just continue to buy em

I'm missing 8 more Heist Finales for high-end chrome rims and 41 more "last alive in LTS". I stopped trying the LTS ones on PS3 because it wasn't counting some and giving me the point when I wasn't the last one alive a couple times, so I was going to wait until it got sorted. Those are the only things left locked on my Rewards page.

I feel for you, OP.

if you're interestend, we could help each other out with the off road rims.

That's a possibility. If you're on XB1, add my gamertag: JENKIIII, and leave your own gamertag. We'll get together sometime.

Just recently completed these. "Claustrophobia" which is Rockstar approved on Xbox 360 is best for killing package carrier. Lot of packages, small area.

Forgot about this one. I've added it to XB1 - it's on there too.

SupremeJaguar

Allright will do! I'm not sure when I can play this week, but I think tomorrow (I'm from the Netherlands btw). Thanks!

Excellent, probably best to send me a PM and we can sort out times for this, I play most nights between 6 pm and 12 midnight.

I did this using a custom capture/LTS set up at the airport.

For the Capture, two players spawn opposite each other (in close vicinity), player 1 collects a package, player 2 then kills player 1. Repeat for as long as needed. Got it done on two of my characters pretty quickly.

A tip for this one is to ensure player 1 aims their gun towards player 2 after picking up the package, this will remove their spawn invincibility making this quicker.

The capture works for another chrome rims unlock, which I've forgot the name of but I believe it has something to do with wins.

The LTS follows a similar concept of being at the airport, but would need at least three players, as you need to be the "last" alive on your team which cannot occur with a 1v1 (as you're already the last).

For example, if player 1 wanted the award for being "last" they would be on a team with player 2. Player 3 would be on a separate team. Player 3 would then kill player 2, leaving player 1 as the last on their team. Rinse and repeat as needed.

I'd say this would work best with four as team balancing could become an issue with three.

Let me know if you use it and how it goes! Just don't ask why they're titled as they are :)

Edited by SupremeJaguar

I never knew this. Is there a link to the the list and a way of knowing your completion to date?

Pause your game, go to your stats page>awards>unlocks. The rims are at the bottom of the second-to-last page.
  • Like 1

Pause your game, go to your stats page>awards>unlocks. The rims are at the bottom of the second-to-last page.

You can also see them on Social Club. Bottom of the page

Shootinalloveryourface

You can also see them on Social Club. Bottom of the page

Thanks both :beerhat:

Anyone want to do some of these on PS4? I need to win 30 more captures to unlock free chrome sport rims.