3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Willard Faction Bodystyles

xInfamousRYANx

xInfamousRYANx

Hello all. As you may or may not be aware due to a patched get cars from creator glitch to online on PS4 people have been able to aquire this variant of the Faction

mIr59mW.jpg

Currently on XB1 you can only bring these cars to single player (along with other cars only availiable in MP if you are interested)

What intrigued me upon further inspection of the game is this variant with hood bulge (only availiable for the lowrider Faction or so we thought) is also showcased as the stock car on Benny's site

5XzEjuq.jpg

I never noticed this before and thought it was interesting. I proceeded to buy Factions but quickly came to the realization they only spawn with the hardtop. So as of now there are 4 variants of Faction possible

Covered T Top

Glass T Top

Open T Top

Open T Top with Hood Bulge

The order that the vehicle variants spawned seemed consistent in the creator

Open top

Open top

Open top hood bulge

Open top

Open top

Closed top

Glass top

Why would rockstar make a variant with hood bulge and clearly showcase it but not allow it as an lsc mod?

• Like 4

My guess is that rockstar probably didn't think people would care enough. It is just a hood bulge after all.

xInfamousRYANx

My guess is that rockstar probably didn't think people would care enough. It is just a hood bulge after all.

If you are gonna have a car modeled after a Buick GNX I should hope people would care

Or they just messed up again, because if you have a Faction with the plain hood and thrash it enough to make the hood pop out, you will see that the popped out hood has the bulge.

• Like 2

xInfamousRYANx

Or they just messed up again, because if you have a Faction with the plain hood and thrash it enough to make the hood pop out, you will see that the popped out hood has the bulge.What? Really the stock hood morphs to the one with the bulge?

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Um no. Stupidest thing I've ever read. And correct me if I'm wrong but Rockstar used to be known for their meticulously good attention to detail. What the hell happened? There is no excuse for this crap, don't make justications for them just accept it for what it is. Bull crap. You joke.

• Like 6

xInfamousRYANx

The lowrider one is stupid. You dont slam a Buick GNX at least if you are going for that Stock GNX look

Silver le Belge

People should make a ticket for this and the terrible collisions for this car. Maybe post it here so we can upvote it.

• Like 1

oleg_aka_djmeg

the only thing to care about is that turbo hood because you can change the roof in the mod shop anyway.

It's a glitch. If you break the hood off, the bulge appears. This is a non lowrider faction from online. Note the empty trunk.

FB_IMG_1448889853084_zps6vpvvkbo.jpg

• Like 1

xInfamousRYANx

It's a glitch. If you break the hood off, the bulge appears. This is a non lowrider faction from online. Note the empty trunk.

FB_IMG_1448889853084_zps6vpvvkbo.jpg

What exactly do you mean by glitch? The fact that all Faction hoods get the turbo bulge when ripping the hood off or the car in creator. I can hardly call the vehicle's bodystyle a glitch as rockstar clearly took the stock image in Benny's with this variant

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'm pretty sure Rockstar made the hood lump a lowriders only option to get you to spend your money on the whole package. That's the way they do sh*t now.

• Like 2

It's a glitch. If you break the hood off, the bulge appears. This is a non lowrider faction from online. Note the empty trunk.FB_IMG_1448889853084_zps6vpvvkbo.jpg

What exactly do you mean by glitch? The fact that all Faction hoods get the turbo bulge when ripping the hood off or the car in creator. I can hardly call the vehicle's bodystyle a glitch as rockstar clearly took the stock image in Benny's with this variantThe glitch is that the hood bulge is there but doesn't appear. When the hood was on my car, there was no bulge. As soon as I broke the hood off, it magically appeared. The bulge shows up on the stock faction in races as well.

I used the open trunk (and my crew ultra black so it shows i'm online) to show this is a regular faction bought from benny's and it has NOT been turned into a lowrider (no batteries or tank in the trunk)

Edited by blk95ta

oleg_aka_djmeg

it's not a glitch, it's a bodystyle, like the spoiler on adder. i think rockstar did f*ck all of the work on this car and just copied it from 4, hence the awkward hitbox and unavailable turbo hood.

it's not a glitch, it's a bodystyle, like the spoiler on adder. i think rockstar did f*ck all of the work on this car and just copied it from 4, hence the awkward hitbox and unavailable turbo hood.

Doesn't explain why the hood bulge mysteriously appears when the hood comes off. I'm pretty sure the non low rider version was supposed to have the bulge because the car is meant to be a GN. A regular Regal didn't have the bulged hood and they are most likely to become low riders so that's why the stock lowrider doesn't have it but gives you the option to add it.

Edited by blk95ta

oleg_aka_djmeg

Doesn't explain why thevhood bulge mysteriously appears when the hood comes off. I'm pretty sure the non low rider version was supposed to have the bulge because the car is meant to be a GN. A regular Regal didn't have the hood and they are most likely to become low riders so that's why the stock lowrider doesn't have it but gives you the option to add it.

i think it's clear that this hood should have been optional. it's the same with stallion, which was supposed to have changeable roofs. as i said, this car in 5 is half-assed and that's probably why the option is not there.

Doesn't explain why the hood bulge mysteriously appears when the hood comes off. I'm pretty sure the non low rider version was supposed to have the bulge because the car is meant to be a GN. A regular Regal didn't have the bulged hood and they are most likely to become low riders so that's why the stock lowrider doesn't have it but gives you the option to add it.

There's also the possibility that the hood as a singular object (when not attached to the car) only has one model.

Doesn't explain why thevhood bulge mysteriously appears when the hood comes off. I'm pretty sure the non low rider version was supposed to have the bulge because the car is meant to be a GN. A regular Regal didn't have the hood and they are most likely to become low riders so that's why the stock lowrider doesn't have it but gives you the option to add it.

i think it's clear that this hood should have been optional. it's the same with stallion, which was supposed to have changeable roofs. as i said, this car in 5 is half-assed and that's probably why the option is not there.

Didn't you have a stock one with the bulge?

oleg_aka_djmeg

Didn't you have a stock one with the bulge?

yes, i do have that on pc and ps4. doesn't change the fact that this nobody really worked on this car over at R* though.

• 2 weeks later...

Has this been solved yet? I'm still waiting :)

5Y5ESC78-EqfWAOzsFbQ7A_0_0.jpg

Sadly, no. Hopefully the next update will fix it.

• 1 month later...
xInfamousRYANx

Rqaj4yd.jpg

So I recently gained this car on GTA Online on xb1

The bodystyle code for the hood bulge is 255

CaptainMarvel

Rqaj4yd.jpg

So I recently gained this car on GTA Online on xb1

The bodystyle code for the hood bulge is 255

Mother of God...is the curb malfunction still present?

• Like 1