3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA V 1080p PC Build

AB26

Guys I'm building a rig for GTA V and future games like WWE 2k16 and Need For Speed,etc.

Am I good with these specs?

CPU:Intel Core i5 3470

RAM:8 GB

HDD:1 TB (Should I use SSD?)

MOBO:Leave on me

Graphic Card:Your Suggestion

Monitor:1080p

Are these enough for [email protected]?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Guys I'm building a rig for GTA V and future games like WWE 2k16 and Need For Speed,etc.

Am I good with these specs?

CPU:Intel Core i5 3470

RAM:8 GB

HDD:1 TB (Should I use SSD?)

MOBO:Leave on me

Graphic Card:Your Suggestion

Monitor:1080p

Are these enough for [email protected]?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Yes I think you can run it on high settings and you should buy SSD because it is faster.

You think he can run V on high @60fps without even suggesting a gpu?

Lol.

@OP Your specs are very vague. Is your ram DDR3 or DDR4? What PSU are you using? What mobo?

You really should look towards upping that processor to an i5 4690k as well as getting the RAM to 16gb.

I mean, what you have will work, but don't expect to be maxing out games at a smooth framerate next year.

As for a GPU, I'd suggest the MSI GTX 980ti if you want 60+ frames maxed out, but since you seem to focusing on making a budget build, I'd go with the 970 instead. If you turn off MSAA you'll be getting around 65 - 100 FPS around the city on VH/U settings, although if you set the grass setting to ultra you will get significant drops in the outside regions of SA. However, I personally can't stand aliasing so I tweaked other options to compensate in return.

For you GPU, i'd recommend a GTX 960.

It's pretty affordable to, if you're on a budget.

But definitely get a 980Ti if you have the extra cash.

An SSD is a must.

12-16GB of RAM would be reasonable. Since GTA V requires 8.

And i'd recommend an i5-6600K for your CPU.

Edited by Strix

It's affordable and doesn't require much power to operate.

He better conform to playing the game on medium settings to support a stable framerate then.

The 960 is pretty much meant for MOBAs.

It's affordable and doesn't require much power to operate.

He better conform to playing the game on medium settings to support a stable framerate then.

The 960 is pretty much meant for MOBAs.

One of my test builds has a 960 and can run GTA V flawlessly at 60FPS, 1080p on High settings.

Edited by Strix

Unless you mean every setting is actually on "High" (which is really mid) and not on "Very High" or "Ultra" without AA enabled, I'd love to see proof of the 960 running this 1080p @60fps consistently throught the entire map and not just in some city areas.

What's the most expensive card can your budget get at where you live ? we can't exactly tell you what to get unless we know what you can afford.

Unless you mean every setting is actually on "High" (which is really mid) and not on "Very High" or "Ultra" without AA enabled, I'd love to see proof of the 960 running this 1080p @60fps consistently throught the entire map and not just in some city areas.

My card is also running at 1542MHz.

Figures. MSAA is off. Not even at 2x. Both normal & reflection

Tesselation appears to be on 'High' and not 'Very High'.

Dunno why the video says he maxed the game out when he didn't actually do that nor did he venture into the advanced graphics settings.

And again, this is only in the city. There is no way this card manages anywhere near 60fps on Ultra for grass in Paleto Forest and the surrounding areas.

Hell, it won't even manage it in the Vinewood Hills and a bit beyond.

Edited by Ruiᴎ

AMD GPUs are a bit power hungry compared to Nvidia. If you're buying a good PSU then AMD won't be a problem.

Some games run better on an Nvidia GPU even if a comparable GPU of AMD is better than the Nvidia GPU on paper.

Edited by Kevin3014

That's because they are optimized for Nvidia and have Gameworks which is purposely used to degrade AMD GPU performance :p.

If I were you OP, I would get a GTX 950/R7 370 or a used R9 380 (I personally prefer the latter). Then again, at 400 USD you shouldn't be expecting the best performance difference at 1080P. If this is your case, raise the budget to $100 or even $200 so you can get solid 1080P performance.

I would go Haswell/Skylake as well.

My budget for PC is about 400 USD.I wanted to buy a PS4 but that doesn't give 60 fps.

PSU:EVGA 600B Bronze Power Supply

Mobo:ASUS Z97

GPU:GTX 950 or GTX 960?

Wait what? Budget for what? What parts do you already have and what do you need to buy? If your budget is $400 for a whole PC then forget it, 1080p60 is not happening.
  • Like 2

My budget for PC is about 400 USD.I wanted to buy a PS4 but that doesn't give 60 fps.

PSU:EVGA 600B Bronze Power Supply

Mobo:ASUS Z97

GPU:GTX 950 or GTX 960?

Wait what? Budget for what? What parts do you already have and what do you need to buy? If your budget is $400 for a whole PC then forget it, 1080p60 is not happening.$500 budget is for total pc excluding monitor,keyboard,mouse and speakers.

GPU is the real deal.

Edited by AB26

Do yourself a favor and get an R9 380. Yes the difference is minimal at 2 GB, but at the price of getting a reliable 960 you could get a 4 GB variant of the 380, which will be utilized better than the 960 4 GB, since the 960 is on 128-bit memory bus.

• Like 1

Ok, since you need pretty much the whole PC for 500 dollars, and you're (presumably) buying from Pakistan, 1080p 60fps at max settings just isn't going to happen. However, you should be able to build something that outperforms the consoles unless PC parts in Pakistan are extremely expensive.

CPU: At this price point, a cheap AMD processor would probably be the best bet. Like the AMD Athlon 860k or FX 6300. I'd recommend and intel i5 but that will probably not fit in your budget.

GPU: r7 370 or GTX 950 at a lower pricepoint, or r9 380/GTX 960 at a slightly higher pricepoint. AMD GPUs tend to have better performance per dollar, but consume more power. If you get a decent power supply this won't be a problem though.

PSU: Something from a reputable brand like EVGA, Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, etc. For a GTX 950/GTX 960/R7 370, a 430-450w unit should suffice. For an r9 380, getting a 500w unit would be a smart choice

Assuming the rest of the parts are kept the same, the 950 has at least a 40% performance increase over the 750 ti for about 40 dollars more. Factoring the rest of the system that's 40% more graphical power for 40 dollars more, which is like 10% more money. Totally worth it.

Ehh, not quite. You can do better, particularly i'd avoid dual core processors like the pentium because they're starting to have problems on lots of games (like GTA V). And buying a better GPU like an r9 370/GTX 950 would be a worthwhile investment, because it would provide significantly better FPS for not that much money.

edit: check this build out. Right now the r9 270 is somehow cheaper than the r7 260x. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cloudyy/saved/hHkQzy

Edited by Cloudee