2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Hotknife or Z-Type ?

GrungeNinja

Which one do you guys think its better overall? Im thinking in buying one of these for free roam / pvp battles.

Arrows to Athens

Z-Type. Fast in a straight line and handles better than the Hotknife. Plus, it's quite tricky for the enemy to shoot you from the back due to the tiny windows.

• Like 1

Z-Type, all day. Hotknife looks cool, but drives like it has peanut butter all over the wheels or some sh*t.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

z type of course

classy, expensive, fast and fun to drive

dont get why people hate it so much.

The Z Type is overall a wayy better car. Way, way faster. Better protection both inside and when taking cover on it.

That said, it costs much much more than the Hotknife, plus the Hotknife is just a more badass car overall.

Buy both.

I dunno why people say the Hotknife drives like sh*t...

Mine hugs the corners, and sticks to the road like glue.

It looks absolutely f**king awesome, one gorgeous looking car, especially without the hood on... and it sounds mean as heck.

I drove a Z-Type and it was all over the road, was hard to steer cause it was so fast you run the risk of over shooting your turns and/or skidding into the sides of buildings.

With that said, I might still get a Z-Type eventually just to have one... it might look cool sitting in my garage between my Hotknife and Franken Stange.

Edited by CrazyFerret

Arrows to Athens

I dunno why people say the Hotknife drives like sh*t...

Mine hugs the corners, and sticks to the road like glue.

It looks absolutely f**king awesome, one gorgeous looking car, especially without the hood on... and it sounds mean as heck.

I drove a Z-Type and it was all over the road, was hard to steer cause it was so fast you run the risk of over shooting your turns and/or skidding into the sides of buildings.

With that said, I might still get a Z-Type eventually just to have one... it might look cool sitting in my garage between my Hotknife and Franken Stange.

The Hotknife understeers way too much. I don't think its brakes are very good either. If anything, this car is comparable to the Rat-loader or Rat truck.

The Z-Type has better handling than the Hotknife and understeers less. If you find it difficult to steer because you're going too fast, then it's not the car, it's you. By your logic, the Osiris, T20 and Zentorno should be hard to steer because they are very fast and quick.

Edited by Fearx--

Nice, thanks for the responce guys!

And? Are you going for the Z-type or the Hotknife? Or neither?

There's no right answer. The Z-type is a Bugatti and sheer class, but a bit too classy for some, whereas the Hotknife is brawl and menace, but it's performance is a problem for many. What do you think?

KamikaziOtter

Z-Type for the win!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the Hotknife... But the Z-Type is on another planet! She's classy, fast as hell and makes one of the best sounds when you step on it! She's pricey yes, but nice things cost money and she will be a highlight in your garage! :)

4yuLLLtAm0Snbmb8bH2LYw_0_0.jpg

y5ukXAX-20mb_ily0O-37g_0_0.jpg

C5UIE9YtC0SnoeZKw7V__g_0_0.jpg

Edited by KamikaziOtter

Arrows to Athens

I actually may consider buying this car again, and maybe replace my Pigalle with it.

Edited by Fearx--

I actually may consider buying this car again, and maybe replace my Pigalle with it.

Good idea. Replace your Pigalle with a Z-type right now.

Arrows to Athens

Good idea. Replace your Pigalle with a Z-type right now.

56912831.jpg

Edited by Fearx--

The Z-Type is more high class than the Hotknife. In terms of racing, it's still useful for long straight highway races due to it having the highest top speed. Think of it as the Adder/Super Diamond/Windsor of sports classics.

U8AzDaz.jpg

How did you get the gold color on the Z-Type? Is it one of the rank 100 gold colors, or is it a mix of metallic and pearlescent?

Cuz I'm like rank 45 and rank 100 seems so unreachable

poppafewpills

Oh man, tough call. Each has it's own unique persona. I've actually got both vehicles on both accounts.

If you got the hot knife, you gotta remove all the fenders and the hood with the little trick at lsc.

How did you get the gold color on the Z-Type? Is it one of the rank 100 gold colors, or is it a mix of metallic and pearlescent?

Cuz I'm like rank 45 and rank 100 seems so unreachable

It is a lvl 100 paint. Trust me, you will be there in no time of you play everyday.

The Hotknife manages to understeer and then spin out. It's drivable with practice but it's the worst of the Muscle class.

However, it looks great and it was a player-magnet for car bombs on old-gen.

The Z-Type can (eventually) reach the fastest speed of any land vehicle in the game, edging out the Adder by a slim margin. It's classy as **** (Giantsgiants' version aside) and has some unique mods (1940's blackout headlight covers). It also has those tiny windows all around (especially in the back) so it's hard to hit a player inside. It's 10x the price of a Hotknife, though.

It takes practice to master it, but I was beating any car in the Sports Classic class in several styles of tracks until the Stirling was added.

For the record, I own two of each

I own a Z-Type (a mixture between the Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic and the Talbot-Lago Type 150 CS, although it looks more like the Bugatti and is more bulky than both of them), but none of the Hot-rod type vehicles, which I know nothing about.

The Z-Type is a must own for me and even flipping open the trunk to reveal that spare tyre is a joy.

Also, have you ever entered into FPV and sat in a Hotknife with a friend? Talk about joined at the knee, there's no room for two people in that car. And the design of the bug catcher is permanently squiffed to the left too. I don't own the Hotknife, Rat Truck, Rat Loader or the Franken Stange - I guess that's just me.

It's not really a contest. The Z-Type completely blows the Hotknife away in terms of performance. The Hotknife is a terrible-handling car that can't do much but look badass (especially naked) and spin jts tires. The Z-Type was king of the Sports Classic class until the Stirling GT was added, and is just a great car, period. It's performance is way above what any actual car from the '30s should be.

If you have the room/money, get both. That's what I did. They're both fun in their own way, but I do use the Z-Type more.