2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

(Theory) What are the special abilities representing?

CynicalRise

Hello all, and welcome, to my theory about the special abilities are actually representing. Yesterday, I was just having a lovely sit down and exploring San Andreas with Franklin, using his special ability. And then I heard the music. Something going, 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh' in the background and the screen fading green. Then it got my gears turning. What is that noise actually representing?

This is my thoughts so far.

Michael is a retired criminal, turned soft, and is a marksman. So, his special ability fades the screen blue and the sound of a sppeding car is heard. And what is this representing? Here's my lead. Back in North Yankton, he was just a petty criminal, robbing liquor stores and such, and he got used to the police calls and the violent firefights. Police car's siren colors are red and blue. What does Michael's ability fade into? Blue. He got used to the blue sirens so he sees blue. Why the speeding car sound? Michael, during those firefights, must have taken down some speeding police cars that were aiming for him so whenever he focuses his senses or uses his special ability, he remembers the speeding cops cars and blue sirens and that's why his ability fades blue and a speeding car is heard.

Franklin is a young gangster that has knackering for racing cars and that kush. So, his special ability fades the screen green and the sound of people screaming is heard. Why does this happen? Franklin races cars, so he takes part in street races. Some of these street races have large amount of people particapate and also has a large amount of spectators too. These spectators start to bet on the racers. The race starts, and then the spectators scream and shout for their racers they bet on. Franklin is really focusing on this race, so he overtakes them all and finishes the race in first place. As he wins, a large amount of people start to congratulate Franklin, and he remembers all the screams of the spectators as they cheered on for Franklin. Why the green fade? Because when he won this race, turns it was a really important race that he won, and that raised the bar for The Families. He got noticed by the Familes' OG's, and he got high respect in the gang, so he remembers the color green every single time you use his ability.

Trevor is a psychopath that has a short fuse. As explained by Dan Houser, he is the other side of the GTA coin, and a man who doesn't want to stop partying and wants to keep on going. I think that's what he said... dunno dont care lol, just correct me in the replies. So, his ability fades the screen orange and the agonizing screams of his victims are heard. Why does this happen? Trevor likes to kill. Trevor likes gasoline. Gasoline + Bullet = Fire. Fire is orange. And red. What does this have to do with Trevor's ability? Simple. He likes to burn down anything that threatens him. He burnt down a mall because his father abandoned him at that mall. What happens when a buliding burns down? People die. What do people do before they die? Scream. There were quite a lot of people at the mall, and they slowly burned down with the mall. Also, Trevor likes kiling sprees. As he massacres, he listens to the scream of his victims before they died. So the screams of his past victims haunt him wherever he goes. He can't escape his victims. He lives by the victims, forever haunted by screams. No one can save him. He gets released of his sins and the screams in Option B. He lives a happy afterlife, where he can confess freely, no one to judge him.

GTAV can get really deep if you think about various stuff. Yeah.

Oh, and inb4itisgimikandgtavisworstgameevar

Edited by TheProcrastinatingMath

Trevor's sounds right, but you got too deep. Sounds like when you make a spell in Skyrim when you shoot fire and ice or something. But Trevor is a pyromaniac so that makes sense.

For Michael. Sounds too deep.

As for Franklin, I hear no screaming at all, more like a large gush of wind.

Just remember, this is like essay writing. You can bullcrap really well as long as you justify strongly, in the end no one is right. Maybe.......dun dUN DUNNNN!!!!!

Edited by UshaB

Nah nah nah Gta 6

YOU ALWAYS LIKED GASOLINE, TREVOR!

• Like 4

This theory? I read somewhere!?

Makes sense though.

Any theory on why the game found lacking on many levels and things to do for such a deep game?

Any theory on why the game found lacking on many levels and things to do for such a deep game?

Sounds like a discussion for one of the many existing topics. Not for this one.

RE: The theory.

I don't agree with any of this. I think you're just reading way too much into it. The only bits that make sense are:

1. Michael is a sharp shooter, so he gets bullet time-like effect.

2. Franklin is a driver, so he gets enhanced reactions via time slowing

3. Trevor is a psychopath, so he gets enhanced strength and damage tolerance.

Other than that, what you've posted is nonsense speculation. The colours? Ever noticed that those are their colours for everything? I think the colours are meaningless, arbitrarily selected other than, at the very most:

1. Blue represents Michael having 'the blues'.

2. Green represents Franklin's abandoned gang's colour.

3. Orange... is orange, because Trevor really likes oranges?

Edited by Fuzzknuckles
  • Like 4
Signatures are dumb anyway.

Xing of Virtue

If oranges are named after their colours, then why don't we refer to apples and bananas as reds and yellows?

• Like 1

If oranges are named after their colours, then why don't we refer to apples and bananas as reds and yellows?

Fun fact: The fruit Orange had the name before the colour did.

So that's why, sort of.

• Like 1

Cheatz/Trickz

There's probably some correlation with Trevor and orange for fire. Red and yellow make orange, red represents anger or rage, yellow for the sun or desert where he lives.... that or i'm giving it way more thought than it deserves.

He was probably supposed to be red, but as anyone that's ever looked at colours before knows, red looks sh*t for text or icons. So they obviously went with a colour that doesn't look sh*t on screen. VERY CLEVER STUFF.

• Like 1

Dude, OP its good to be a deep thinker, but you thought too deeply on this it kind of didn't make any sense. lol. let R* "explain" it....

Does it really need to be explained?

Three characters, different coloured icons on the map, so you don't waste time going to each thing with one character to find it's only available to another. Maybe?

NikoBellicGTAIV

He was probably supposed to be red, but as anyone that's ever looked at colours before knows, red looks sh*t for text or icons. So they obviously went with a colour that doesn't look sh*t on screen. VERY CLEVER STUFF.

According to GTA wiki, orange is the color of insanity...
  • Like 3

SmokesWithCigs

franklin= quick driving reflexes

michael= high accurate aim

trevor rage= rage

whenever i play i use each abiblity for no longer than 1.5- 2 seconds. anything longer than that is cheating in my book. i look at it like the matrix movies when the world goes into bullet time and the world is slowed down making a few seconds seem like a few minutes.

• Like 4

Whereas a few seconds of those movies feels like a f*cking lifetime.

Good thinking. Your theory makes sense :)

I only disagree about Michael's sirens. I think his screen fades to blue, because Michael is deeply depressed (feeling blue) for most of the game.

• Like 3

Sounds like a discussion for one of the many existing topics. Not for this one.

RE: The theory.

I don't agree with any of this. I think you're just reading way too much into it. The only bits that make sense are:

1. Michael is a sharp shooter, so he gets bullet time-like effect.

2. Franklin is a driver, so he gets enhanced reactions via time slowing

3. Trevor is a psychopath, so he gets enhanced strength and damage tolerance.

Other than that, what you've posted is nonsense speculation. The colours? Ever noticed that those are their colours for everything? I think the colours are meaningless, arbitrarily selected other than, at the very most:

1. Blue represents Michael having 'the blues'.

2. Green represents Franklin's abandoned gang's colour.

3. Orange... is orange, because Trevor really likes oranges?

Pretty much what I was going to say. Michael is an expert shooter, so to emphasize this the game slows down time for the player. Same goes for Franklin's driving skill. Trevor's ability is pretty much a sort of "meth rage" thing like you said.

The colors are basic like you said.

Blue usually represents a melancholy/sad tone. It's also associated with law enforcement, having to do with Michael's FIB ties.

Green is usually associated with money, which works here since Franklin strives to be wealthy and successful. Also the color of the Chamberlain Gangster Families.

Orange/Red is usually associated with chaos/anger. Pretty self explanatory.

Meanwhile, OP's over here putting together a thesis and sh*t like this is an English assignment for college.

Edited by cp1dell
  • Like 3

If you're talking about color psychology then the colors clearly represent each character's ability.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah nah nah Gta 6

Trevor abilities:Maybe the warriors?!

I was thinking of the classic GTA's, as GTA2 had a invincibility power up.

Edited by Stoney0503

Franklin is the use of marijuana, hence it's green and have a cool slow motion while driving.

Michael is the use of pills, hence it's blue and have a great slow mo.

Trevor is the use of meth, hence it's orange and he gets too aggresive.

Edited by fefenc
  • Like 2

Blue = The color of coldness, depression, monotomy and boredom, it also represents tranquility and serenity, exactly what Michael's life was in the game's beggining.

Green = The color of the Families, money, greed and ambition, it also represents health, vitality, youth and hope, what Franklin wants in his life.

Orange = The mixture of yellow and red, it's supposed to represent criativity(something that Trevor is usually recurs to when it comes to get stuff done), energy, fun, heat and joyfullness of life, it also represents anxiety and jitters. Qualities that believe it or not, represents what Trevor is. Orange is nowhere near associated with anger and rage, that goes to the red color.

Edited by pedinhuh
  • Like 2

Franklin abilities:Mid nightclub reference

Michael abilities:Max payne reference

Trevor abilities:Maybe the warriors?!

It's not much of a reference, more like a re-used feature

Trevor's ability is the invincibility power up in II as previously stated.