3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

The Driving Appreciation Thread

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I remember how I was disappointed on 17th of September, 2013, when I first drove the red Rapid GT. At first I thought it was a bug since the game was released that day. Cars felt like a stone with wheels, Mule and Banshee's handlings were exactly. But I'm noticing a different pattern in new DLC vehicles coming to V that some of their handling are a bit similar to IV; especially SUVs and old cars. Hopefully they'll find an optimum level (that'd obviously be closer to IV) for driving in VI.

I loved driving the Huntley Sport, Oracle and PMP600 (miss this one)...

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Cosworth said:

I remember how I was disappointed on 17th of September, 2013, when I first drove the red Rapid GT. At first I thought it was a bug since the game was released that day. Cars felt like a stone with wheels, Mule and Banshee's handlings were exactly. But I'm noticing a different pattern in new DLC vehicles coming to V that some of their handling are a bit similar to IV; especially SUVs and old cars. Hopefully they'll find an optimum level (that'd obviously be closer to IV) for driving in VI.

Yes, cars handled like absolute sh*t on PS3/360 for GTA V. I remember the driving debate thread and how people actively defended how those cars drove. You can't tell me different, they rode like bricks on wheels, had no suspension and almost all of them had the steering feel of an econobox. It felt like they hired some idiots who knew nothing about cars, who hated the art of driving and just thought cars were about getting from point A to point B. This can be further proved by how half-assed they designed a lot of the cars too but that's a different topic. I remember not liking how any of the cars drove except for a few like the Carbonizzarre or Bullet or Oracle II.

The enhanced version did improve the way most cars handled, but starting with DLC cars around late-2015 is when the cars started to feel more like GTA IV. It's so funny because people will still sh*t on GTA IV driving and praise V, without realizing that all of the latest DLC cars feel so similar now. They have more steering feel, a sense of weight, etc. The only thing is they shift better, don't feel as heavy and of course don't have much body roll. But compare the suspension of a DLC car to a 2013 car. You will see they learned how to make a car ride... like with GTA IV.

I feel like they're awfully close to a balance between how GTA V used to be and GTA IV. I think to improve, they need to add just a touch more weight, improve the top speeds and FIX THOSE STUPID TRANSMISSIONS. Double clutching shouldn't exist, it sounds and feels so f*cking stupid. "Oh yay lemme tap on the e-brake for a split second and the car will stutter while accelerating at an unrealistic rate!" That sh*t is do dumb. And cars should downshift. Cars in V do downshift to 2nd car as soon as you slam on the brakes, but it sounds so stupid. Otherwise you'll be shifting up through the gears and then come to a stop and there's no sound of downshifts at all. I used to think cars in GTA had transmissions that just did whatever because of how unsophisticated they were, but no, in the handling.meta it has a set number of gears and rates of up/downshifts. I'm like... then why not make these cars shift like actual cars?

Another thing, in GTA IV the transmissions were slush-boxes but they adapted to how you were driving. Drive slow? It shifts earlier and keeps the car quieter. Flooring it? It holds onto gears. You know, like most automatics. But in GTA V the cars just cling onto gears until they must upshift. It makes the cars feel choppy to drive and make too much noise. I always complained about how cars in GTA V never felt smooth and it's because of that. Because I use a transmission mod in V now with a much smarter automatic mode and what do you know, cruising actually feels relaxed and quiet in most cars.

Edited by ddarko12
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually love the driving in this game

I enjoy driving slowly with the car and even driving fast feels more fun when it's more realistic

I am not as good in driving in this game as in San Andreas ( I can drive for hours without crashing)  but I really love the driving of this game

Sadly though

I CAN'T ENJOY IT BECAUSE OF THE POOR OPTIMIZATION OF THIS SH*TTY GAME I F*CKING HATE IT I CAN RUN RDR 2 ON THE HIGHEST SETTINGS BUT NOT A BOWLING SIMULATOR?

• KEKW 3
Algonquin Assassin
4 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

I CAN'T ENJOY IT BECAUSE OF THE POOR OPTIMIZATION OF THIS SH*TTY GAME I F*CKING HATE IT I CAN RUN RDR 2 ON THE HIGHEST SETTINGS BUT NOT A BOWLING SIMULATOR?

547ap2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

547ap2.jpg

Actually GTA 4 is listed as a bowling Simulator on steam

Imagine if a father bought his son a gaming Simulator but ended you playing a game about a former war from criminal who tries to escape his past that haunts him everywhere

• KEKW 2