PS2 and Xbox map for PC

The Hero

Unlike GTA VC and SA, GTA III has additional things in PC version rather than remед things

Edited by stef_92

• 4 weeks later...

So, does FLA for GTA III actually fix the xbox map cutscene loading crash?

TWIST_OF_HATE

^

If my memory serves me right, it is not the only problem of xbox map.

Haven't tested yet...

Good news! It actually works now. Cutscenes loads just fine with FLA.

bxo6vfz6.jpg

Edited by countergame

wow, "Wirf die Kohle rüber!"...great fastman troll!

Also, cool that it's finally working. Motivation to work on xbox related things rising...

Edited by The Hero
  • Like 6

wow, "Wirf die Kohle rüber!"...great fastman troll!

Also, cool that it's finally working. Motivation to work on xbox related things rising...

Haha :D Yep, nice too see that the GTA III modding capabilities improves even though the game is nearly 15 years old :D

There's just one little problem with FLA, cutscenes don't have the boned heads (no facial animations).

Edited by countergame

TWIST_OF_HATE

Hero, I think more detailed instruction about how make xbox map to work will make sense, especially after fla update. In my case, after completing installation according to current instructions game just stuck on loading bar. I decided to discover settings myself. First I set LoadFromScriptsOnly=1 to 0 ( asi loader ini ), also I remove hash tags in fla ini and change TXD (850) FILE_TYPE_TXD = 850 to TXD (1024) FILE_TYPE_TXD = 1024. Only after that xbox map seems to work properly. And also I'm not sure about possible need to delete some stock files from models folder after installing xbox cars or map ...

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

• 3 weeks later...

Funny that no one noticed it already:

sbd8opua.png

i2zyk2jp.png

Edited by countergame

TWIST_OF_HATE

^

In my case there is a lot missing textures with Xbox map. May be just install smth wrong.

Igor Bogdanoff

You sure you replaced generic.txd in root/models?

rLDswx2.png1626894873381.gifyardies-in-pip-2022.png

TWIST_OF_HATE

^

Dunno. I delete GTA III more than 2 weeks ago. Thanks for advice anyway.

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

You sure you replaced generic.txd in root/models?

EDIT: Well that was easy to fix. Some textures inside the IMG are broken, so i took the original .txd from my GTAIII XBOX Disc and converted it to PC.

If you find more missing/broken textures, please let me know!

FIX: http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/aHnHM8fV/file.html Missing textures at Asukas

FIX: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/5aD8fHfc/file.html Missing factory textures in Portland

FIX: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/j3FpFV7W/file.html Black wall at Catalinas mansion

we6krh6f.jpg

g3nuosx4.jpg

Edited by countergame
  • Like 3

Irrational

Funny that no one noticed it already:

sbd8opua.png

i2zyk2jp.png

Oh, this is far more severe:

gta3_2016-06-01_21-21-39-52.png?14648270gta3_2016-06-01_21-21-52-52.png?14648270

okay this more buggy than i thought.

Edited by countergame

I don't understand. I thought we already have the Xbox LC map in III with the Xbox mod, the Xbox/PS2 map in VC with the Leftovers fix, and the PS2 missing props in SA by simply copying the ipls off the disc.

Were we missing something?

Claude_Lib

Rim's Xbox mod doesn't have the map, IIRC. From what I can remember, Xbox models could not be converted until The Hero stepped in. Except vehicles, somehow they were different, it seems.

• Like 1

Rim's Xbox mod doesn't have the map, IIRC. From what I can remember, Xbox models could not be converted until The Hero stepped in. Except vehicles, somehow they were different, it seems.

But did they change very many of the models besides peds, vehicles, and vegitation?

rmws. XBOX Map is just the standard PC Map with XBOX textures and objects, the original XBOX Map has shadows (lightmaps) and some other good stuff :p

original XBOX map with lightmaps

iii_xbox_1_lm.png

PC map style (XBOX Mod kinda)

iii_xbox_1.png

Edited by countergame
  • Like 1

Blackbird88

You guys should make sure to delete txd.img before using this Xbox map else the textures will be "missing"

TWIST_OF_HATE

Tomasak, Blackbird88 and others, if you guys have proper guide on how to install Xbox map, then feel free to post it. Earlier I noticed that "official" instructions are incomplete. I mean, proper set up for SkyGfx, Xbox map and fastman92 limit adjuster is needed, many nuances here and there ...

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE
  • Like 1

Yes, the mod didn't have the original xbox map, except for a few buildings converted and supplied by XEPOMAHT007, but he didn't share his tool.

Before The Hero's conversion, I've used an .asi to tweak ambient lighting in order to imitate shadow maps.

HHg5beC.png

P9XK0nX.png

1IpmWc3.png

g4C2En3.png

thvk43o.png

xZ0HEgW.png

@Irrational, I thought I was the only one who had this bug. I still don't know what's the cause of that though.

Edited by Rim
  • Like 2

You guys should make sure to delete txd.img before using this Xbox map else the textures will be "missing"

Tomasak, Blackbird88 and others, if you guys have proper guide on how to install Xbox map, then feel free to post it. Earlier I noticed that "official" instructions are incomplete. I mean, proper set up for SkyGfx, Xbox map and fastman92 limit adjuster is needed, many nuances here and there ...

No, we installed it the right way. It's just that some textures are broken. I think i fixed all of them now.. Using the default txd.img would make the entire city untextured :D

Edited by countergame

Igor Bogdanoff

There's just one little problem with FLA, cutscenes don't have the boned heads (no facial animations).

Most probably fixed in 3.0 as i don't have any problem with it :)

How to:

Download fla 3.0 extract from 32-bit $fastman92limitAdjuster.asi DllTricks.dll fastman92limitAdjuster_GTAIII.ini MinHook.x86.dll zlib1.dll to scripts folder. If you have widescreen fix, move GTA3.WidescreenFix.asi and GTA3.WidescreenFix.ini to root folder. In global.ini which is in scripts folder set LoadFromScriptsOnly= to 0

Open fastman92limitAdjuster_GTAIII.ini remove all #

Set Apply ID limit patch = to 1 and FILE_TYPE_TXD = to 1024

In skygfx.ini set xboxWorldPipe= to 0 or 1

txdLimit= isn't necessary to changed

Video:

Edited by Tomasak
  • Like 1

TWIST_OF_HATE

Off topic, but what is the best way to downgrade III 1.1 to 1.0 ? If I just replace 1.1 exe with 1.0 exe will it work fine ?

Yes

TWIST_OF_HATE

After replacing 1.1 exe with 1.0 ( fixed exe by DEViANCE )

o7au6zk1yohwf32db95ph05eo.jpg

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

Igor Bogdanoff

Install cleo

• Like 1

TWIST_OF_HATE

Thanks, Tomasak.

This time I complete long and boring installation correctly ( I think ), using latest fla. Few things I noticed: facial animations still not working, when I going to Options - Player Setup without starting new game - crash ( crash gone if new game already started ), also some objects are slightly in the air, like road blocks. May be other things, more time to check needed.

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE