PS2 and Xbox map for PC

The Hero

BTW, since you have converted all xbox cars and map, do you have plans to convert characters and peds too?

Yes, he has, take a look at this.

Did you read OP? Did you install SkyGFX? Did you adjust its INI? Did you also install ThirteenAG's Ultimate ASI Loader?

Edited by Claude Liberty

Did you read OP? Did you install SkyGFX? Did you adjust its INI? Did you also install ThirteenAG's Ultimate ASI Loader?

i m not instal ultimate asi loader sorry

Doesn't matter anyway. There is a limit in the game that hasn't been hacked yet. Until that is done the game will crash.

Edited by The Hero

EDIT: EDIT: all works good but if i go to ammunation game crash did i install something wrong? and mission crash

Edited by NOskillx

It always crashes on New Game and usually works if you Load Game. It's weird that the limits don't seem to matter with existing savegame.

Didn't knew that the Xbox version had lightmaps, so that made me wonder as to how were they implemented. Care to enlighten me on that one?

It always crashes on New Game and usually works if you Load Game. It's weird that the limits don't seem to matter with existing savegame.

It's coincidence it doesn't crash.

Didn't knew that the Xbox version had lightmaps, so that made me wonder as to how were they implemented. Care to enlighten me on that one?

A second texture with a second set of UV coordinates. The texture is added to the output color where a channel value 128 means no change, below darkens, above lightens.

A second texture with a second set of UV coordinates. The texture is added to the output color where a channel value 128 means no change, below darkens, above lightens.

So the map models use two UV channels then? Tis strange they experimented with it only on GTA3 yet they didn't use lightmaps on subsequent games. SA did with interiors, but from the looks of it they're way more horrid than a typical lightmap that we see in games of the time. Edited by lpgunit

Well, the way they do it requires a pixel shader if I'm not mistaken and they didn't really use shaders in SA, except for xbox vehicles. RW even has a lightmap plugin but R* didn't seem to care. I think the xbox versions of III and VC are just the product of Vienna having some fun with the games.

Edited by The Hero

Well, the way they do it requires a pixel shader if I'm not mistaken and they didn't really use shaders in SA, except for xbox vehicles. RW even has a lightmap plugin but R* didn't seem to care. I think the xbox versions of III and VC are just the product of Vienna having some fun with the games.

SA was barebones DX9, and it only goes to show how the GTA series isn't exactly known for being state of the art when it comes to graphics. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Added VC PS2 map.

What's the main difference between PS2 and PC map in VC?

What's the main difference between PS2 and PC map in VC?

Different textures and models around the map but missing in PC map (like the billboards on Ammu-Nation windows inside the North Point Mall).

Malibu neon lights working correct while in PC map are broken

Untextured buildings, walls and some other things on PC. They're correct on PS2.

Even the PC cars are broken.

And maybe some other things I forgot. :p

VC crashes in the middle of the loading screen. I did delete the unused dff's (twice to be sure).

EDIT - CDIMAGE MODELS\PS2_MAP.IMG must go into default.dat. If put into gta_vc.dat, game will crash.

And I noticed the missing malibu neons even with the converted map...

Edited by El Dorado

And I noticed the missing malibu neons even with the converted map...

Yeah. And I'm running the PS2 map from gta_vc.dat, no crashes.

Here all bugs I found, obviously there is more bugs but I didn't found them yet:

*All of them are present and happens on a savegame and new game too.

G9sOwp9.jpg

M8DrVpk.jpg

NC0TNB9.jpg

5a6ViNt.jpg

ReLNlyj.jpg

HSAyoAr.jpg

e5dELbw.jpg

jc6XtcT.jpg

WMJCqRU.jpg

EDIT:

*Moist Palms Hotel it's transparent (?) (maybe DFF?).

*Some health, clothes, police bribes and save casettes pickups are invisible or transparent totally missing or showing only the pink corona.

*Some palm shadows on North Point Mall are broken (broken alpha?).

EDIT 2:

*Some palms (the transparent ones from the screenshots above) seems be a timed object, lol. Maybe some other things are assigned by mistake as timed object (?).

*Little Haiti Pay N Spray is untextured.

*Little Haiti 'Beds' shop is untextured.

Edited by Inadequate

f*cking sh*t. I already found a problem in my dff conversion but that shouldn't really be the problem. Well, i'm working on it.

Igor Bogdanoff

Please tell me, new conventer will be able to convert transparent spots. Like puddles in docks31

rLDswx2.png1626894873381.gifyardies-in-pip-2022.png

It looks like I found what causes the transparency issues. For some reason the game really hates vertex colors that aren't completely opaque. I have no idea why. Making all vertex colors fully opaque makes all objects show up but of course it's not really a solution :/

Still trying to figure out why the hell the textures are missing.

And I'm also having some frustum culling problems it seems.

I don't understand why this sh*t is so broken :(

• 1 month later...

Any update in the VC map? Has been a month since the first release but nothing new since then. I'm very sure you're busy with something new but well, I'm asking this because I want a fully correct working VC PS2 map.

Blackbird88

No, the skeletal animation mod is still not done and since I've taken a break from GTA modding nobody knows when I'll finish it.

Edited by Blackbird88

No, the skeletal animation mod is still not done and since I've taken a break from GTA modding nobody knows when I'll finish it.

Whoa. Where he posted that? I didn't see it.

Igor Bogdanoff

SkyGfx topic

rLDswx2.png1626894873381.gifyardies-in-pip-2022.png

Blackbird88

Whoa. Where he posted that? I didn't see it.

Clicking on that arrow points to the post y'know ;)

Edited by Blackbird88

Whats the point in making a PS2 map to PC?

the PC map has more stuff in it and higher resolution textures

Anyone who plays gta online should simply commit suicide you are cancer.All you people do is randomly kill each other and beg for money.If you are over the age of 12 and still play GTA online i simply have sympathy for you because little do you know you are entering the most cancerous thing on the planet.And don't even get me started on Shark Cards...

For PS2 fans, obviously :p

Also it has some missing stuff from PC.

All you really need is map editor and then just delete props such as staircases and a few billboards.

to get a better perspective on the differences these videos might help.

Edited by Sonicguy41

Anyone who plays gta online should simply commit suicide you are cancer.All you people do is randomly kill each other and beg for money.If you are over the age of 12 and still play GTA online i simply have sympathy for you because little do you know you are entering the most cancerous thing on the planet.And don't even get me started on Shark Cards...

Remember, some things on PC map are broken/missing while on PS2 map are totally correct, the same thing for the three games (III/VC/SA).

All you really need is map editor and then just delete props such as staircases and a few billboards.

to get a better perspective on the differences these videos might help.

Too late. I've seen them more than three years ago. :pp