PS2 and Xbox map for PC

The Hero

5 hours ago, Afowlia said:

Running the Xbox map, and I haven't seen anyone talk about the white bug issue on the draw bridge.

Hh7ZiG9.png 

I think someone already mentioned a warehouse in Trenton having that same issue.

6CBX8kc.png

Weird thing is that these places will sometimes get textured.

a4mlESB.png

Yhuf4aC.png

(also rip op)

I extract the dff or txd (from xbox_map.img) files into modloadler. First i search the txd or dff with map editor, and then i search the file in xbox_map.img with "ImgEd" and then export it and the last thing to do is to create a folder in modloader and put that files there

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 4:51 PM, G The Generous said:

I seem to have a problem with some roads being darker than others, is this a known bug or a conflict with other mods?

2u4lqYo.jpeg

I'm also having this problem. I tried everything, but it didn't solve the problem.

4 hours ago, Jacknstil06 said:

I'm also having this problem. I tried everything, but it didn't solve the problem.

Worldpipe Neo

or worldPipe=1 in "skygfx.ini"

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 5:47 AM, Gravarty said:

Hm, this didn't happen before but now iii_anim refuses to load/use the model files inside the modloader folder for all main chars. All other non mission chars (peds) load correctly.

If i remove the iii_anim.asi from the scripts folder, all XBOX model files load just fine.

EDIT: Did i seriously sent this post in the xbox/ps2 map topic :D .. sorry. It's been a long time since i checked the modding section in GTAF :D

EDIT 2: I forgot that you have to put skin files into a .IMG archive, i solved it.

QL13Hv8.jpg

Hello, I am having this same issue that was not there before I installed the Xbox Map mod (I had skin and bones + fixed xbox peds/models installed), It seems the changes in the open limit adjuster is causing this, How did you fix it? What do you mean by putting skin files into an .IMG archive, could you detail how you did it? Thanks.

Edited by ArhumMK51

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2016 at 3:57 PM, Gravarty said:

EDIT: Well that was easy to fix. Some textures inside the IMG are broken, so i took the original .txd from my GTAIII XBOX Disc and converted it to PC.

If you find more missing/broken textures, please let me know!

FIX: http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/aHnHM8fV/file.html Missing textures at Asukas

FIX: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/5aD8fHfc/file.html Missing factory textures in Portland

FIX: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/j3FpFV7W/file.html Black wall at Catalinas mansion

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160602/we6krh6f.jpg

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160602/g3nuosx4.jpg

Yo, m8, I'm wondering if you could re upload these, I don't find any link to these fixes :(

Thank you so much!

• 3 weeks later...

Yo, I need help. For some reason, when using PS2 map, a static plane can be seen in the airport. It wouldn't be that bad but it's the fact that is appears in the first cutscene, and the plane that is stopping is clipping that one static plane. Map works fine, but that little details bothers me, and so the weapons in ammunation,

• 2 weeks later...
AnthonCast

Hmmm, I have problems with PS2 Map for III. For some reason trees load is if they had a black background. Can anybody help?

• 7 months later...

is there a solution for the withe textures in gta vc near the studio

Edited by extorsion

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this problem was already fixed but the link is dead.

Does someone know the name of the txd used by the Catalina's mansion in III Xbox map? The textures for the wall are missing so it looks black or white depending on the world pipeline in skygfx.

On 26/12/2022 at 14:53, 2008 Gaming said:

Well, this problem was already fixed but the link is dead.

Does someone know the name of the txd used by the Catalina's mansion in III Xbox map? The textures for the wall are missing so it looks black or white depending on the world pipeline in skygfx.

Well the textures are fixed when saving game in the studio but after we load another saved game the white textures reappear

• 2 months later...
2008 Gaming
On 4/10/2022 at 5:52 PM, AnthonCast said:

Yo, m8, I'm wondering if you could re upload these, I don't find any link to these fixes :(

Thank you so much!

I´ve revived this game for a couple of days and finally found another way to fix these textures.

I´ve compared the textures from this mod with the original from xbox and they are all the same, the problem is in the way the game loads the files. So you only need to extract the files colmansion.txd (black wall at Catalina´s mansion) and kmricndo.txd (Asuka´s building) from xbox_map.img and put them in a separate img file, then make gta3.dat load that file before xbox_map.img and you´re done.

I haven´t seen any other issue in the map at the moment but if there´s another broken texture I think this method could fix it.

Edited by 2008 Gaming

• 2 months later...
TieryTheGamer

I really don't know if it's my fault, but if you know solution - please, tell me. I've checked it in Modloader, the issue only in Xbox Maps. Also, i turned off other Maps mods.
UPD. The second one, may be not issue but omission. UPD 2. I finally solve da problem, people, if you have same problem - just don't create "data" and "models" folders in you III Xbox Maps folder. UPD 3. Know what? Nevermind, parts of road are black, texture of money - doesn't exist. What the hell is wrong with this mod? I even installed it with replacing game files, without modloader!

Spoiler

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Edited by TieryTheGamer

TieryTheGamer
On 5/27/2023 at 6:53 AM, TieryTheGamer said:

I really don't know if it's my fault, but if you know solution - please, tell me. I've checked it in Modloader, the issue only in Xbox Maps. Also, i turned off other Maps mods.
UPD. The second one, may be not issue but omission. UPD 2. I finally solve da problem, people, if you have same problem - just don't create "data" and "models" folders in you III Xbox Maps folder. UPD 3. Know what? Nevermind, parts of road are black, texture of money - doesn't exist. What the hell is wrong with this mod? I even installed it with replacing game files, without modloader!

Hide contents

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Okay, now i finally solved the problem. But here's question, why the hell mod is not updated? I checked all page to find a solution. And found out that this is not my fault at all. Author, update mod, please!!!

OP got into a lawsuit with T2 and has stopped updating his mods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TieryTheGamer said:

And found out that this is not my fault at all. Author, update mod, please!!!

You can blame Take-Two for that one.

• Like 1

TieryTheGamer
On 5/31/2023 at 10:19 PM, Ash_735 said:

You can blame Take-Two for that one.

I hate em, really hate em... Mod has alot of problems, like now at Luigi's Place i have white textures and now trying to solve this one.

You may just want to install the xbox HD mod instead, which has less problems because it hasn't been struck by T2 madness at the time.

• 3 months later...

i have figured out the problem the studio in vice city, the problem was gta_vc.dat

just place CDIMAGE MODELS\NEO_MAP.IMG under IPL DATA\MAPS\mansion\mansion.IPL and the textures will work fine. for vehicles i recommend extract everything from img file and put into modloader

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
AnthonCast
On 11/15/2021 at 4:54 PM, MetadetH19 said:

I extract the dff or txd (from xbox_map.img) files into modloadler. First i search the txd or dff with map editor, and then i search the file in xbox_map.img with "ImgEd" and then export it and the last thing to do is to create a folder in modloader and put that files there

BTW, in the bridge, in Staunton, there is a collision bug

AnthonCast
On 5/26/2023 at 8:53 PM, TieryTheGamer said:

Hide contents

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Alright, I played the XBOX version and yes, the bug related to the subway near to the bridge that connects with Shoreside Vale is completely messed up.

Screenshots of the XBOX version https://imgur.com/a/20hMIyK

Best way to install the XBOX map is by unpacking all contents in a folder for modloader (which also solves the issue related to some textures and models not loading), including creating the data folder with the maps folder included. In any case I also ripped collisions from the XBOX version cause Idk if that also can influence, but as far I tested is all okay.

Only cons with the XBOX map is that, when you load a save in Staunton Island you may see the underworld for some short time. I haven't played enough, I'll let you know if something goes wrong.

If anyone knows how to fix IPLs WOULD BE SO COOL to see this fixed for once.

• 3 weeks later...
AnthonCast

Update: Tried the IPLs from the XBOX HD version and well, I don't know if this is a surprise, but they're compatible and it won't ruin the experience. I recommend using them!

• 4 months later...
dimiusko
On 9/24/2023 at 10:46 AM, Grumpy Cat said:

i have figured out the problem the studio in vice city, the problem was gta_vc.dat

just place CDIMAGE MODELS\NEO_MAP.IMG under IPL DATA\MAPS\mansion\mansion.IPL and the textures will work fine.

I know this is an old post, but... What you achieved by that is prevent the file from loading at all. Your game just loads the original PC map instead.

Just extract ci_industrial.txd from neo_map.img and put it in your modloader folder. For some reason, the game can't load it from the archive.

Grumpy Cat
19 hours ago, dimiusko said:

I know this is an old post, but... What you achieved by that is prevent the file from loading at all. Your game just loads the original PC map instead.

Just extract ci_industrial.txd from neo_map.img and put it in your modloader folder. For some reason, the game can't load it from the archive.

indeed it loads PC map, anyway there is better xbox map mod by ''Etmods'' so i am using that now and it looks good

GoldenBlas69

Does anyone know how I can fix the fact that when I travel from Shoreside Vale to Staunton Island the game crashes on the loading screen?

Edited by GoldenBlas69