3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Need new phone

Striker258

I'm thinking of getting a galaxy.s, Xperia or iPhone sence they each have good battery but idk what to freaking choose lol, idk which has more problems then the others or what issues they each have so what do you recommend, Galaxy S, Xperia or iphone6? Unless you know another phone that's good

You're being pretty vague, honestly. Which models are you looking at specifically? (e.g: Galaxy S5, Xperia Z3, iPhone 5S.. etc). What do you need in a phone? Great battery life that lasts the whole day? Big screen? Removable battery?

You're being pretty vague, honestly. Which models are you looking at specifically? (e.g: Galaxy S5, Xperia Z3, iPhone 5S.. etc). What do you need in a phone? Great battery life that lasts the whole day? Big screen? Removable battery?

I'm looking for a phone that has more battery and that can handle a beating and that doesn't have that many issues to it

I'm looking for a phone that has more battery and that can handle a beating and that doesn't have that many issues to it

You want a phone that has more battery life and can handle the beating? And no many issues?

Alright, this is the perfect phone for you:

Nokia_3310.jpg

• Like 3

I always like the Google Nexus. It's big, fast, and always gets the newest updates first.

...and Moto is a good alternative, for people who don't wanna spend much.

If I ain't late I'd recommend the iphone 6s plus if you want less problems or updated daily. If you're planning to get a samsung phone get the S6/Note 5 and don't update it trust me. If you're looking for long battery life get the z4 or z5.

Parents are buying you the phone, right?

Moto G or X

Or get a OnePlus One, they are still available, great phones, and cheap off contract.

His profile says he's 19. I was paying my phone bill by 18.

I'm waiting for the new Microsoft phones.

Using a Microsoft Lumia 735 right now.It was $192 so that's great for a budget phone.

Can't go wrong with any of the mentions above though - they're all more spendy though so

expect to either pay more upfront

or have heavier payments the next 1 - 2 yrs.

Edited by Nate10

You ≠ everyone.

I think I'm right in saying that Xperias have somewhat better battery life than for example the Galaxy S6.

OP doesn't specify a budget but I've loved every Sony phone I've had. I think my current M4 Aqua is great and I'd definitely buy one again or recommend someone else to. If I was spending more I'd get the Z5 Compact.

Have you ever considered buying a Windows Phone? They have great battery life and are pretty good quality phones, talking from personal experience.

Don't be ignorant. Everybody could be doing their own thing, and comments like that are not needed here.

Moving along with the recommendations, since Windows Phone was mentioned once or twice here, I'll bite.. the Lumia 640 is a really great phone for anyone. My father has one, and he tells me the battery life is so great, and he's a pretty heavy user. Screen is beautiful, even though it's a 5 inch display with a resolution of 720x1280, it's on par (if not better than) with my GS5's display.

Don't be ignorant. Everybody could be doing their own thing, and comments like that are not needed here.

Moving along with the recommendations, since Windows Phone was mentioned once or twice here, I'll bite.. the Lumia 640 is a really great phone for anyone. My father has one, and he tells me the battery life is so great, and he's a pretty heavy user. Screen is beautiful, even though it's a 5 inch display with a resolution of 720x1280, it's on par (if not better than) with my GS5's display.

thanks for the tip

If you have GSM network, I agree, get Lumia 640. It's $50, has a replaceable battery, big screen, and 8MP camera. I'll be buying some for my parents this Christmas, and they're still using flip-phones.

I personally have a Nexus 5, but the battery life isn't great.

Have you ever considered buying a Windows Phone? They have great battery life and are pretty good quality phones, talking from personal experience.

The app store is lacking, doesn't even have snapchat!

I'd either get the iPhone 6s (if you can afford it, add a case though) or GS5.

The app store is lacking, doesn't even have snapchat!

I'd either get the iPhone 6s (if you can afford it, add a case though) or GS5.

Windows 10 update could change things, you know.

It won't, though.

I don't think Windows Phone users need an app like Snapchat, anyway. It completely drains battery life on Android, which is something they could easily fix. It's not a very necessary app. You can get basically everything you need / want on Windows Phones.

Depending on Windows 10's growth, support for app development should increase. The apps are available on desktop as well, and they're essentially just desktop/tablet versions of the phone apps.

This Android app should help if you're considering moving to a Windows phone:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/21/9776302/microsoft-appcomparison-for-android-released

People have been saying that about Windows Mobile as a platform for years now. It hasn't grown and it probably won't.

People have been saying that about Windows Mobile as a platform for years now. It hasn't grown and it probably won't.

It probably will this time. Microsoft is facing pressure related to the phone and they have to act quickly.

They're not going to suddenly steal enough market share for people to actually bother. They haven't at any point so far.

I would recommend an Android phone for the sheer number of apps that the OS has. I wouldn't buy the notion that it is less reliable than iOS and Apple products are not worth the money if you compare their specs to other alternatives (in this case, Android phones, and there's a whole lot of manufacturers and products to compare them to).

I am personally getting the OnePlus 2 in January because it's cheap and it's basically a high-end phone. The other reason is that OnePlus will be updating Android to newer versions for longer periods of time (unlike other manufacturers) or you can simply install a custom ROM like CyanogenMod to get the latest Android versions without all the bloatware that comes with phones from other more well-known brands.