2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Red Merryweather Mesa in Prison Break

JustinR512

In the Prison Break finale, the demolitions player gets access to two red Merryweather Mesas, to use to get from where the bus gets destroyed over to where the Buzzard is.

Some friends and I once got one of these out of the mission, back when there were more glitches available on current-gen consoles. It was then taken into LSC to see what colors were on it. It turned out they were ordinary colors that anyone can buy in LSC, not any special, hidden, worn, or other colors you can't buy. Unfortunately, none of us thought to make notes on what was actually on it, and now I want to paint my own the same way. It is no longer possible on current-gen to get one of these vehicles out of the mission.

So I'd like to ask anyone on either last-gen or PC if you have any way available to you to get one of these vehicles out of the mission so you can find out for me(for all of us) what exact colors are on it.

I'd say buy a Merryweather Mesa, look at a few red colour combinations and compare them on your PC using a screenshot from your console.

Do you remember what paint category the red was in? Because a Classic color can't use pearlescent which would narrow down the exact colour a lot.

Edited by Verstappen
  • Like 1

I'd say buy a Merryweather Mesa, look at a few red colour combinations and compare them on your PC using a screenshot from your console.

Do you remember what paint category the red was in? Because a Classic color can't use pearlescent which would narrow down the exact colour a lot.

That's where you're wrong, the bug doesn't just apply to player vehicles, a lot of cars spawn with classic colors w/ lusters.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761194fd07ce1b45ff3efc

If you don't want to pay for the car, the old way to get one was to call merryweather goons to kill a friend, both of you shoot them and then steal the car they turned up in. I'm not sure if you can still do this since it was made available for purchase, worth a try.

Also, you can put a pearl over a classic colour in the same way you put one over a matte colour.

If you don't want to pay for the car, the old way to get one was to call merryweather goons to kill a friend, both of you shoot them and then steal the car they turned up in. I'm not sure if you can still do this since it was made available for purchase, worth a try.

Also, you can put a pearl over a classic colour in the same way you put one over a matte colour.

The question is not how to get a Merryweather Mesa. The question is what are the exact colors on this red one in the heist mission.

I already have a Merryweather Mesa. I got it by stealing one when someone else called mercenaries on me. I want to paint mine to match the one in the heist. I just need to know what the colors are, exactly.

It's definitely a bright red with no pearlescent, same with the secondary color. I believe Torino red could suffice.

But the question is... Are the wheels also red or black? Or whatever the secondar color is.

standard wheel color of the MW Mesa are the same of the car's paintjob, so yes they're red too

That's where you're wrong, the bug doesn't just apply to player vehicles, a lot of cars spawn with classic colors w/ lusters.

What bug? And whats lusters?

Sentinel Driver

The question is not how to get a Merryweather Mesa. The question is what are the exact colors on this red one in the heist mission.

I already have a Merryweather Mesa. I got it by stealing one when someone else called mercenaries on me. I want to paint mine to match the one in the heist. I just need to know what the colors are, exactly.

Did you even read before posting?

Did you even read before posting?I know, right? It's so annoying when people just read a few words, assume they know what you're asking, then answer an unasked question.

In response to the question about the wheels, in the mission the wheels are red. Because the wheels appear to match the body exactly, I assume that the body is just regular Red, because that is the only bright red color that has matching wheel color. I also believe it is Classic because it appears to have no pearlescent.

Of course, the Merryweather Mesas do appear on the street (from mercenaries) with matching wheel colors, but that doesn't mean it's tied to the body color. You can repaint the body but the wheel color stays the same. So then the trick is to repaint the stock wheels red, and of course there is a trick to that. But that trick always makes the stock painted wheels look a bit darker than the same color on an aftermarket wheel. My recollection from the mission was that the wheels matched exactly, so it may not be possible to 100% accurately reproduce the red Merryweather Mesa from Prison Break.

• Like 1