2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Heavy combat benefits outweighs the negative on heist

wvginseng

I have done all the heist many times and I have grinded Pacific Standard heist over and over without the heavy combat. I decided to try the heavy combat clothing a month ago. I have to say the heavy combat benefits far outweighs the negative slower running. I no longer need to take cover most of the time unless I am doing all the killing by myself and then I only need to take cover sparingly. I almost never use armor or snacks. I recently played with a player who told me they did not need heavy combat because they are a pro so I said ok. That player decided to drive the black van on the hack set up and died. Don't even have to run much on that setup. I have driven the black van many times without the heavy combat successfully in the past. I get tired of these so called pro gamers dying while trying to prove how good they are on a heist, do it somewhere else. Some of us are trying to make money. If a player on my heist does not have the heavy combat I will most likely get the more kills since I can concentrate more on killing instead of staying alive. I don't even care whether I get any kills as long as we pass, I am a team player. I am going to close with Pride gets in the way of making money efficiently.

• Like 3

ShockmasterGTA

It bugs me that I'm often invited to heists with player saved outfits enabled and the host refuses to wear the heavy utility vest. Also I've been called a noob for using my armored kuruma in heists. I just want to make as much cash in the least amount of time not trying to prove my manhood.

• Like 4

I agree. I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I am on to have fun but be successful at the same time. I want to do heist in the quickest and most efficient way. I also want to get something straight. Going into your apartment and getting the armored kuruma during Pacific Standard heist finale is not a glitch, players have always been able to get into their apartment or garage during missions and heist as long as they do not have cops on them or they are starting to lose cops (blinking stars). Try to get into your apartment with police on you in a public or private session and you will not be able to until you start losing the cops. Try getting into your garage during any heist or heist setup when you don't have cops on you. I have made a mistake and selected the wrong car during setups and I simply went right into my garage and got a different car. If you are a player that does not want to play with someone who uses a armored kuruma or heavy combat then quit joining random heist.

• Like 2

Abso-F**cking-lutely.

As far as I'm concerned if you don't own Heavy Combat Suit, you aint no Pro'.

The D-Bags who insist on shooting out the back of the black van without HCS, and dying repeatedly get on my nerves.

And it's usually those high rank 'Pros'.

If you're powering through a randoms' heist on hard, wear the F**king suit.

There's a time and a place for challenging yourself; and it's in an invite only session with friends and crewmates.

Some of the best and most competent players (later friends) I've met, don't leave home without wearing HCS on Heists.

Good Post.

Edited by Aliashu
  • Like 1

I am a legit rank of 704 but I always listen to good advice. I don't call myself a pro, I let my gameplay speak for itself. I rarely die but I do make some pretty bad mistakes every once in awhile like wrecking a helicopter and killing myself. I get tired of players saying they never ever die or make a mistake. I hate dying or replaying but lets face it no one is perfect. A good place to challenge ones self is by doing all the 1 player contact missions on hard by yourself without the aid of a kuruma, tank, buzzard or any other vehicle that would give you an advantage. I done all the 1 player contact missions on hard by myself before heist came out to try to become a better heist player when they became available. The mission Dry Docking is 1 of the most difficult to do by yourself. Survivals by yourself is another way of challenging yourself, I was able to complete wave 10 on 4 different survivals by myself as well before heist. Your not wasting anyone's time by playing by yourself but you are wasting other players time when you decide to show off on a heist and keep dying.

• Like 1

The Heavy vest is great on heists. It saved my skin a lot of times during my criminal mastermind run. On Pacific Standard its a must when u r playing with randoms, and even friends if u mind dying or taking a lot more of cover.

• Like 1

xxterminatorxx5

Just today I played with my share of noobs on my friend's list, all of them were 70+ and not one of them had the juggernaut suit except me. Let's just say it didn't end well :(

PS-GTAIVplayer

It bugs me that I'm often invited to heists with player saved outfits enabled and the host refuses to wear the heavy utility vest. Also I've been called a noob for using my armored kuruma in heists. I just want to make as much cash in the least amount of time not trying to prove my manhood.

I have the heavy gear as my player saved outfit, different colours. I quit the heist if they don't head to my or another apartment near the bank. Screw the Holy Joe Ned Flanders players. If they want restart seven times, they can leave me out of it. I think I do dry docking solo by driving my Kuruma up the stairs of the building. I leave mines etc on the landing before the door.

Edited by PS-GTAIVplayer

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

its like....u don't say ?

yea seriously, stupid people are stupid

the opinion that wearing a heavy utility vest is not benificial because you cant sprint is a realy realy stupid opinion

its like....u don't say ?

yea seriously, stupid people are stupid

the opinion that wearing a heavy utility vest is not benificial because you cant sprint is a realy realy stupid opinion

Exacly, because utility vest users can still jump around to be almost as fast as non-vest users.

• Like 1

MRM95Jb.png