2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Has GTA Online killed your love for other games?

Dr.Rum

Since GTA 5's release, i've purchased and deleted MANY games. I originally owned a 360 when GTA5 was released, but I switched to a PS4 for the new consoles mainly to join all of my coworkers and friends etc.

I must divulge, this Online experience is not without faults, yet till this day it entertains me. My original level 205 character/account gets out of Bad Sport after 1 year and 6 months in 2 days. Now my current level 217 character is mainly used almost everyday.

On one account I was a real prick blowing up everyone's cars, Jet Griefing etc. And the other account I have been a good player etc.

Okay sorry for the rant on my stupid accounts, here goes!

No matter what, I always come back to GTA Online. I have spent HUNDRED$$$ with other games, I always put em on hold or delete those games because I'D RATHER PLAY GTA ONLINE!

Now we all know GTA Online is a "jack of all trades and master of none" sorta game. But I always find myself playing other games and wondering why is this more fun? And then KAPOW I load up GTA Online!

Sorry this is kind of a rant and i'm just saying this, there is no other experience like GTA Online end of story. It aint perfect, but HOT DAMN I always come back to it. I can't spend over an hour of my free time in other games without wondering WHY AM I NOT PLAYING GTA Online!

/Rant.

Edited by Dr.Rum

Only vidya game series that I really like is GTA. I like Nintendo stuff and sports games but a lot of them are hit or miss, GTA is always a must buy. I try some other games but they dont have the overall versatility of GTA.

I've always loved the GTA series so it's normal for me to waste so much time on it but I don't want it to end up like GTA IV. GTA IV is my favorite game and I love it the most out of any games I've ever played but I skipped out on so many suppers, hanging out with friends and other real life commitment. I'm hoping Fallout 4 or other games will give me that "gaming itch" that I crave but not as intense. I go on GTA:O now because it's a tradition and every time I'm not playing I realize that it's work; I grind for fake money for fake cars and all of this for what? To show them off at meets? I plan to stop playing GTA:O one day. If there's no real paid DLC by the time I've had enough, I'll probably stop playing GTA:O. At the moment it's just a big time killer. I get bored of it quickly but I don't have nothing else to do. You're right, though; there's nothing else like it. It's just missing..."something", you know? It won't be long until other games come out and hook us up with that craving. GTA:O will need to step up if it wants to compete with newer games.

*edit*
typo.

Edited by livejoker

Rocket Skates

Hasn't killed my love for other games, I just find myself playing this game more than others and always coming back to it.

Other games? Gta V is the only disc in my console, when someone makes another game that even compares to gta then I'll tell you.

Glad i'm not alone! Right now it's LITERALLY the only game on my PS4.

It's hard to describe, yet so simple, nothing will replace GTA 5 except for GTA 6.

Imagine years from now, i'd guess around 2018 or so we will have a new GTA etc, and it will be Amazing!

But right now, with all of the bugs, or glitches, or modded accounts, or WHATEVER GTA Online is replayable for countless hours.

Even the main story I finished 3 times because hell why not?

Edited by Dr.Rum

Most of the games i want on ps4 are still not out yet. The new star ocean and a couple other rpgs. And the new gran turismo.

I've always loved the GTA series so it's normal for me to waste so much time on it but I don't want it to end up like GTA IV. GTA IV is my favorite game and I love it the most out of any gamers I've ever played but I skipped out on so many suppers, hanging out with friends and other real life commitment. I'm hoping Fallout 4 or other games will give me that "gaming itch" that I crave but not as intense. I go on GTA:O now because it's a tradition and every time I'm not playing I realize that it's work; I grind for fake money for fake cars and all of this for what? To show them off at meets? I plan to stop playing GTA:O one day. If there's no real paid DLC by the time I've had enough, I'll probably stop playing GTA:O. At the moment it's just a big time killer. I get bored of it quickly but I don't have nothing else to do. You're right, though; there's nothing else like it. It's just missing..."something", you know? It won't be long until other games come out and hook us up with that craving. GTA:O will need to step up if it wants to compete with newer games.

:^::^: This really says it all. My past love for GTA completely compelled me to be addicted to the GTAV era, two years before it was even released.

My expectations were high, because Rockstar, because GTA. I too expected the story mode to somehow be a bit more magic, more rich and deep, and then, I somehow thought that as time progressed, DLC would trickle out to keep Online fresh, and of course, a story DLC would come out that would even surpass the quality of the original story.

But even though the GTAV virtual world is the most incredible game environment that I have ever seen, the content is missing something. My experience is the same as yours. I play because it's there, because I want to pay homage to the beautiful world design, the open world freedom, and because other games are "just games." But it's just a grind. And I'm not talking just about grinding missions -- I mean, it's just too predictable and actually discourages certain kinds of real wild abandon type of fun, because of both cops and asshole player base. And the SP mode has literally nothing to do after completion except drive around and enjoy the view, which I do.

But that's it. I can't feel the burn any more.

• Like 2

Yeah I haven't played practically anything after buying GTAV. I played it through twice and then decided to try out online...

I've tried a few games in the meantime, and as a racing fan Driveclub was gigantic disappointment. War Thunder seemed good enough, but steepish learning curve. Unfinished Swan was beautiful, that i did enjoy. BUT every time i played some other game, i felt bad that i was missing out on gtao. I was losing valuable time doing something less fun and less important.

I am hooked on gta, and have been since 1998.

Not really. I'm just uninterested in them. I plan on getting Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Fallout 4 by December or so.

I used to play other games, and then Red Dead Redemption came into my life, followed by GTA5/O. These are the only 2 discs besides Fifa14 on occasion that have been in my PS3 for the last 3 years or so.

Very True...

Although...

Downloaded & Installings FallOut 4 @ 19% currently...

The anticpation is iniciating the outerbody experience as i type :)

LS will still be there...

:) i Chang

CrysisAverted

Only game I have consistently been playing years after its release besides tf2 and l4d2 in nearly a decade

• Like 2

I bought XB360 only for GTA IV. I bought PS4 only for GTA V. I've tried some of the other popular games like Battlefield 4 and the new NFS but those just feel so empty. Both are very very pretty, and both are doing what they're supposed to do. But that's about it. Only thing I'm currently waiting is the new Gran Turismo. The last one was a disappointment but I have faith that they're doing things right this time. Probably I'm back on GTAO after a week or so.

Even though I am a GTA single player type of guy and dissed Online when things started to go more online-centric, I really do enjoy it nowadays.

GTA really is a jack of all trades but it still makes everything from driving to shooting more satisfying than any other game that focuses on their one and only thing.

Edited by iSampo

i have played other games but none of them are able to get my attention like gta does.

games have falled into a trend of zombies, outerspace or post-apocalitic themes that simply dont appeal to me.

i can say i have been playing gta almost exclusively for several years.

back in 2008 i had a 360 that broke some time later while playing IV... before this i played nothing but san andreas on my old xbox.

bought a ps3 and got IV again, played that exclusively til 2012 when i was pushed away by the modders. moved onto LA Noire(another R* game), when on to play IV again after i platinum LA Noire, got pushed away by the modders some 2-3 months before V released.

when V released that disc was inserted into my console on release night and didnt leave my console til a few months ago that my bro wanted to test some game on my console. we always joked about how the console may explode if i pressed the eject button haha

this past september my wife gifted me a ps4 with V, the console came with a batman game that is still sealed haha

gta with it flaws and all have that thing that make me want to come back for more, i just dont get that feeling from any other games.

• Like 3

That title belongs to Destiny. However, lately I have been joining friends in GTA and customizing cars for the fun of it because I need a break from Destiny. Plus I got to use the R* Editor for the first time, and actually am learning how to make videos. Made 2 simple ones, and now I am working on a third with some friends acting in on it too. On top of that, I am actually playing with the crew I have been in for nearly a year for the first time ever (they're mostly on PS4, I am on Xbox One), and it has been nice to have a change of scenery. Obviously once I get bored I will go back to Destiny, or Halo 5 when Forge comes out. GTA isn't what it used to be, 2 years ago. I miss the old days. I had a massive and highly active crew, I was notorious for some modding shenanigans, and I was a troll here on the forums. Obviously I don't wanna go back to trolling here, but I really do miss the stuff I did back then.

Edited by Maxxi

More like the other way round lol.

MGS V, Life is Strange & now Fallout 4 killed my GTAO experience. Not looking back lol. And then there's more games coming out soon. *cough* Just Cause 3 *cough*

• Like 3

yeah, i pretty much dropped dota 2, hitman blood money. This is the only game I play for more than a year now, since the PC release.

What keeps me coming back to GTAV is knowing I own a chunk of LS and lots of assets that are fun to play with. R* did a great job at giving us our own piece of their online game. I've owned many virtual homes and this is the only one that seems to last and feel like my assets don't own me, I own them... if that makes any sense.

I'm not tethered to GTA but it is damn entertaining.

• Like 3

I have no patience for linear games now. If I can't do whatever I want in a game I get frustrated.

• Like 2

Shootinalloveryourface

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2 (twice)

BF3

BF4

BB

Edit: Outlast (ala game of the decade)

Edited by Shootinalloveryourface

Other games? Gta V is the only disc in my console, when someone makes another game that even compares to gta then I'll tell you.

Fallout 4.

• Like 3

Its been out 10 hours and Fallout 4 has killed my love for other games...

Hasn't killed my love for other games, I just find myself playing this game more than others and always coming back to it.

This - mostly because of updates. I play other games too. Core gameplay is okay in GTAO but new cars, content, game modes, being active on this forum etc. are the main reasons I keep coming back regularly.

That and an apparent compulsion to make money by selling other people's vehicles :D

• Like 2

slimeball supreme

Well, Fallout 4 came out. So I won't be playing it much longer.

I mean - it never has. Online is certainly not the best incarnation the series ever had, nor is it on par with other games in the series. But I've had a lot of fun with it. But now Fallout 4 has come out, and GTA IV has started catching my attention again - I don't think I'll be playing it as much as I used to. So the answer is no. It never has, never will - but it will always have a place on my nonexistent gaming shelf.

• Like 3

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png