Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,779 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Arrows to Athens

Vehicle Top Speed List

Arrows to Athens

Sounds about right.

The top speeds listed on the car websites are complete bullsh*t.

Actually they're not, but they are not 100% accurate. On the website it has the T20's top speed at 220mph, and the average speed most players can get it to go is about 135mph. Now if you did not know 220kph is about 137mph. I think R* just got lazy and used kph, and mph interchangeably.

It also says that the Adder can reach 405km/h, around 250 mph...

I think that car is ugly (yes both real and ingame) so I have not looked at that one. However I just looked and at least on PC the website says "Up to 215mph" and again it will reach 215 kph.

I'm sure they mean MPH. They aren't dumb. They are just fictional numbers based on the cars real life top speed in MPH.

I highly doubt they were lazy on every single cars description in the game.

Also, the T20 cannot reach 135 mph under normal circumstances.

It does for me. In the top speed challenge I can get 143ish maybe a bit faster going down hill. It common to see this on PC, but I know most people on these forums don't want to think there is any difference in between the PC and console versions like that.

He said normal circumstances. The reason why you are hitting those speeds is because of the many variables in free roam that can change top speed. This includes curb boosting, going over bumps on the road and going downhill. You will not, however, hit those speeds when driving in a straight line on a flat road.

aDigitalPhantom

Sounds about right.

Actually they're not, but they are not 100% accurate. On the website it has the T20's top speed at 220mph, and the average speed most players can get it to go is about 135mph. Now if you did not know 220kph is about 137mph. I think R* just got lazy and used kph, and mph interchangeably.

I think that car is ugly (yes both real and ingame) so I have not looked at that one. However I just looked and at least on PC the website says "Up to 215mph" and again it will reach 215 kph.

I'm sure they mean MPH. They aren't dumb. They are just fictional numbers based on the cars real life top speed in MPH.

It does for me. In the top speed challenge I can get 143ish maybe a bit faster going down hill. It common to see this on PC, but I know most people on these forums don't want to think there is any difference in between the PC and console versions like that.

He said normal circumstances. The reason why you are hitting those speeds is because of the many variables in free roam that can change top speed. This includes curb boosting, going over bumps on the road and going downhill. You will not, however, hit those speeds when driving in a straight line on a flat road.

That 135mph is while driving on a straight flat road. It's the freeway (or whatever you call it) in sandy shores, and yes it is easily repeatable.

PS

Enjoy being ignorant. I can see you're just trying to cause problems.

Edited by ChevyOwner

Dottie

The reason you cannot reach the coded top speed of the vehicle is the outrageously large drag coefficients. The effects of Aerodynamic drag depends on how fast you're going (so the faster you go, the more power you need to overcome drag).

Real cars have drag coefficients well under 1.0 while cars in this game have drag coefficients of 10 and beyond (look at the code). If the drag coefficients were realistic in GTA, your car would be able to reach its coded top speed without needing to go down hill, slipstream, etc

The huge drag coefficients also explain how cars can coast from 100mph to 60mph in 2 seconds (because apparently a supercar has similar aerodynamics to the empire state building)

Source: Knowledge of vehicle dynamics. Googling Aerodynamic drag

So for example two cars have the same coded top speed at 160 and the same acceleration at 30. The car with the lower drag value will go faster than the car with the higher drag value even though both have the same coded top speed and acceleration

Edited by Dottie

Mach1bud

Sounds about right.

That 135mph is while driving on a straight flat road. It's the freeway (or whatever you call it) in sandy shores, and yes it is easily repeatable.

PS

Enjoy being ignorant. I can see you're just trying to cause problems.

There is no difference between PC and console car speeds. It says that I hit those speeds as well on PS4 during the top speed challenge. It is incorrect. The speed during that challenge, the speedometers, the stats in game, and social club stats are all skewed and incorrect. They most often do not correlate with each other. Source- I have the game on PS4 and PC.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the descriptions in game. They are fantasy, just for immersion. When they say 250 MPH, that is exactly what they mean. They didn't mix up mph and kph. This game is set in the United States. That is why they all say mph.

Also, we are not ignorant. We are experienced players that have thoroughly tested and researched this subject, for over two years, and thousands of hours of game time. We know wtf we are talking about.

Edited by Mach1bud

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

This must be next gen because on PS3 I travelled 176.44mph on a Hakuchou. I was regularly over 170 with the Adder and Carbonizzare. That's pathetic.

depends on the track and...yea....even if its only next gen, i rather trust his tests then the words of random people, stats or even the records at social club :p

aDigitalPhantom

There is no difference between PC and console car speeds. It says that I hit those speeds as well on PS4 during the top speed challenge. It is incorrect. The speed during that challenge, the speedometers, the stats in game, and social club stats are all skewed and incorrect. They most often do not correlate with each other. Source- I have the game on PS4 and PC.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the descriptions in game. They are fantasy, just for immersion. When they say 250 MPH, that is exactly what they mean. They didn't mix up mph and kph. This game is set in the United States. That is why they all say mph.

Also, we are not ignorant. We are experienced players that have thoroughly tested and researched this subject, for over two years, and thousands of hours of game time. We know wtf we are talking about.

Prove you're not being ignorant. However you're doing a fine job proving that this forum has too many people that argue just for the sake of being rude.

Pedinhuh

...There we go again, another thread that could have some potential is eing ruined by useless bickering...You guys love that don't you?

Mach1bud

Prove you're not being ignorant. However you're doing a fine job proving that this forum has too many people that argue just for the sake of being rude.

I am not even sure you are responding to the right person. I am not being rude or ignorant in any way. I am disagreeing with you based on countless tests and code in the files related to car performance.

Edited by Mach1bud

Dwnld

All credit goes to Broughy1322 for the testing and results.

Supers

1. Adder - 125 mph

2. Turismo R/Zentorno/Osiris/T20 - 122 mph

3. Entity XF - 121.5 mph

4. Cheetah/Vacca - 120 mph

5. Bullet - 119 mph

6. Infernus - 118 mph

7. Voltic - 106 mph

Sports

1. Massacro/Massacro RC - 121.5 mph

2. Surano - 121mph

3. Furore GT - 120 mph

4. Feltzer/Carbonizzare/Coquette/Rapid GT/Comet/9F/Futo/Jester RC - 119.5 mph

5. Elegy/Jester - 118.5 mph

6. Banshee/Alpha/Fusilade - 117.5 mph

7. Schwartzer - 117 mph

8. Sultan - 115.5 mph

9. Buffalo S RC - 115 mph

10. Kuruma/Buffalo/Buffalo S - 112 mph

11. Kuruma (Armoured) - 110 mph

12. Penumbra - 105 mph

13. Blista Compact/Blista Compact RC - 103 mph

14. Khamelion - 102.5 mph

Muscles

1. Dominator RC - 124.5 mph

2. Dominator - 120.5 mph

3. Ruiner - 118.5 mph

4. Gauntlet RC - 115.5 mph

5. Duke O' Death - 114.5 mph

6. Coquette Blackfin/Lurcher - 114 mph

7. Stallion RC - 113.5 mph

8. Phoenix/Gauntlet/Bucacaneer Custom/Buccaneer - 113 mph

9. Dukes - 112.5 mph

10. Vigero - 112 mph

11. Faction/Faction Custom - 111 mph

12. Sabre Turbo - 110.5 mph

13. Blade/Stallion - 110 mph

14. Hotknife - 109.5 mph

15. Slamvan - 108 mph

16. Rat-Truck - 105.5 mph

17. Picador/Rat-Loader - 102.5 mph

18. Moonbeam/Moonbeam Custom - 102 mph

19. Voodoo Custom - 100.5 mph

20. Voodoo - 99 mph

21. Virgo - 97.5 mph

22. Chino/Lost Slamvan (Cannot be upgraded) - 95.5 mph

Sports Classics

1. Z-Type - 126 mph

2. Monroe - 122 mph

3. Pigalle - 121.5 mph

4. Casco - 120 mph

5. JB-700 - 119.5 mph

6. Coquette Classic - 118 mph

7. Stirling GT/Stinger GT/Stinger - 112 mph

8. Franken Stange - 106.5 mph

9. Roosevelt - 98.5 mph

10. Manana/Peyote/Tornado - 98 mph

11. Mariachi Tornado (Cannot be upgraded) - 91.5 mph

Will be updated further as other classes are fully tested.

Bucacaneer Custom?

Kuruma (Armoured)?

Sorry, I had to. :<

Also not sure why those stats would be better than the reading on in-game speedometer? Except if it shows the same top speed for all cars. Not sure if it does. And no, I haven't seen any videos about those top speeds and will not watch.

Mach1bud

Supers

1. Adder - 125 mph

2. Turismo R/Zentorno/Osiris/T20 - 122 mph

3. Entity XF - 121.5 mph

4. Cheetah/Vacca - 120 mph

5. Bullet - 119 mph

6. Infernus - 118 mph

7. Voltic - 106 mph

Sports

1. Massacro/Massacro RC - 121.5 mph

2. Surano - 121mph

3. Furore GT - 120 mph

4. Feltzer/Carbonizzare/Coquette/Rapid GT/Comet/9F/Futo/Jester RC - 119.5 mph

5. Elegy/Jester - 118.5 mph

6. Banshee/Alpha/Fusilade - 117.5 mph

7. Schwartzer - 117 mph

8. Sultan - 115.5 mph

9. Buffalo S RC - 115 mph

10. Kuruma/Buffalo/Buffalo S - 112 mph

11. Kuruma (Armoured) - 110 mph

12. Penumbra - 105 mph

13. Blista Compact/Blista Compact RC - 103 mph

14. Khamelion - 102.5 mph

Muscles

1. Dominator RC - 124.5 mph

2. Dominator - 120.5 mph

3. Ruiner - 118.5 mph

4. Gauntlet RC - 115.5 mph

5. Duke O' Death - 114.5 mph

6. Coquette Blackfin/Lurcher - 114 mph

7. Stallion RC - 113.5 mph

8. Phoenix/Gauntlet/Bucacaneer Custom/Buccaneer - 113 mph

9. Dukes - 112.5 mph

10. Vigero - 112 mph

11. Faction/Faction Custom - 111 mph

12. Sabre Turbo - 110.5 mph

13. Blade/Stallion - 110 mph

14. Hotknife - 109.5 mph

15. Slamvan - 108 mph

16. Rat-Truck - 105.5 mph

17. Picador/Rat-Loader - 102.5 mph

18. Moonbeam/Moonbeam Custom - 102 mph

19. Voodoo Custom - 100.5 mph

20. Voodoo - 99 mph

21. Virgo - 97.5 mph

22. Chino/Lost Slamvan (Cannot be upgraded) - 95.5 mph

Sports Classics

1. Z-Type - 126 mph

2. Monroe - 122 mph

3. Pigalle - 121.5 mph

4. Casco - 120 mph

5. JB-700 - 119.5 mph

6. Coquette Classic - 118 mph

7. Stirling GT/Stinger GT/Stinger - 112 mph

8. Franken Stange - 106.5 mph

9. Roosevelt - 98.5 mph

10. Manana/Peyote/Tornado - 98 mph

11. Mariachi Tornado (Cannot be upgraded) - 91.5 mph

Will be updated further as other classes are fully tested.

Bucacaneer Custom?

Kuruma (Armoured)?

Sorry, I had to. :<

Also not sure why those stats would be better than the reading on in-game speedometer? Except if it shows the same top speed for all cars. Not sure if it does. And no, I haven't seen any videos about those top speeds and will not watch.

In game speedometers are not even close to being correct. They are just for immersion purposes. I don't know why you wouldn't watch the videos. They are really well made.

Why did you point out those two specific cars?

Non Fiction

This must be next gen because on PS3 I travelled 176.44mph on a Hakuchou. I was regularly over 170 with the Adder and Carbonizzare. That's pathetic.

Its next gen...and those stats on the website are CORRECT...if your using Franklin...I dont know why they have them like that online.

Craze

Dominator and Dominator RC? What us the difference? What is the Dominator RC and where can I see it?

As a side note, I don't really understand these results, as RS social club says my top speed is clocked at 160mph in a Tursimo R. I can only assume that was while slipstreaming someone.

Edited by Craze

Aedh

Dominator and Dominator RC? What us the difference? What is the Dominator RC and where can I see it?

As a side note, I don't really understand these results, as RS social club says my top speed is clocked at 160mph in a Tursimo R. I can only assume that was while slipstreaming someone.

Dominator RC = Dominator Racecar. It's only available in single player (there are also race versions of the Gauntlet and the Stallion), though there's apparently a glitch to make it spawn in mp races.

You can see them in broughy's video :

Edited by Aedh

Eggobites90

Imagine if the game only had 14 fewer players and their explosions and cops...

CrysisAverted

the dominator race car is faster than the massacro race car

America blows the f*ck outta brits

Above Omnipotence

The T20 is actually slightly slower than the Osiris, Zentorno, and Turismo in a straight line.

Mach1bud

Well it appears to be covering that distance in the same amount of time as the others. Can't be a very big difference.

Above Omnipotence

Broughy's testing is only in a short distance. We have a track designed specifically for top speed. You can even play Congestion Charge to see how those 3 vehicles will slowly start to pull away.

xInfamousRYANx

Well it appears to be covering that distance in the same amount of time as the others. Can't be a very big difference.

Dont bother he loves arguing that Broughy's tests are wrong because they aren't long enough when he fails to realize and witness that Broughy's test begins long before he get to that stretch he uses therefore the cars will already be at top speed.

Also the Armored Kuruma and Bucaneer were pointed out because of spelling

The Bucc was incorrect and Brits spell "ARMORED" as "ARMOURED" so he thought it was misspelled

Arch3r

Broughy's testing is only in a short distance. We have a track designed specifically for top speed. You can even play Congestion Charge to see how those 3 vehicles will slowly start to pull away.

Does your track account for the car's acceleration? Is it a pure straight line with no deviations, imperfections in the road, or changes in elevation? If either of those are a no, then it's not actual testing, really. It doesn't take a long distance to discover top speed. Indeed, you can get just as accurate an assessment with a 200 ft straight as you can a 2 mile airport runway. In fact, a short distance is probably MORE accurate because there is a lower chance of variables f*cking up the data. What Broughy is doing is accounting for all the potential variables, not just the obvious acceleration issue, but also the elevation, imperfections of the road, the lines used, even something as tiny as the driver used. Your examples fail to account for those. Cognestion Charge is one of the worst examples for top speed possible because of the obvious corners, elevation differences, and the chicane section through the rest stop.

ChaosZake

Nice data has Broughy1322 indeed collected.
I don't really find these numbers that useful though.

Furry_Monkey

I don't really care for the "top speed under these conditions" results. Top speed is just that - top speed. It doesn't make any difference if you're going downhill, using kerbs or whatever little tricks you use. Top speed means "the fastest it can go", so every single one of the results in that list is wrong. Call it "top cruising speed" or something like that and it becomes a little more accurate, but right now it isn't even close.

oleg_aka_djmeg

what's up with people talking sh*t when somebody provides useful information?

oh by the way, ChevyOwner is a scumbag.

mikezilla2

RC ?

oleg_aka_djmeg

RC ?

remote controlled dIQLrUp.png

CrysisAverted

RC ?

RC_Cola.jpg

Edited by CrysisAverted

Arrows to Athens

Rude? Weren't you the one that assumed that everyone else who disagrees with you is intellectually inferior?

The cars in his videos are already at top speed. You would know that if you've driven a car in GTA.

aDigitalPhantom

I assumed nothing ignorant and "intellectually inferior" are not the same thing. You could be the smartest person on the planet, and still be ignorant.

Screenshot form the game taken yesterday, note the "up to 215mph"

adder.png

If you cant even look at the in game text you cant claim you're not being ignorant.

PS

If you insist on arguing pointlessly over this send me a message I won't do it in this thread. It does not need to be, and should not be in the thread.

Edited by ChevyOwner

Broughy1322

A link to the playlist at the very least is always nice. Especially given a lot of the question here are from people not understanding the nature of the testing which the videos and their descriptions explain. Raw results can only go so far.

I'm thinking more about those who've never seen any info like this before, more so than those who clearly prefer to remain in the dark XD

SCOOBASTEEB

I've had 159.7mph in the minivan... so...