3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Nike freaking sucks

thafablifee46

thafablifee46

I just need a place to vent. I swear the quality of nike sneakers are just so f*cking underwhelming! I usually can keep sneakers for years, but its like the last nike releases i bought in the past year and a half fail to hold up. Its not even the cheap nikes either, its the big name shoes like the af1s , jordans , huraches etc. I've got the chicago 1s the day they released earlier this year and like my first few times of lightly wearing it, i already had a crease in the toe. Whatever right ? When the lowtop huraches released, i bought the triple black pair and i thought they were okay. I stopped rocking them since september but when i recently tried them on today, THE f*ckING HEEL STRAP POPS!! Like wtf. I bought some af1s too and just like the leather on the jordan 1s, they crease easily and seem cheap. Smfh. The paint on my midsole of my af180s are chipping away and i barely wear them. Okay im done venting. I just want to close by saying i will never by another pair of nike sneakers again, the adidas i wear are so much more durable.

• Like 1

Go on, friend.... Share Your Feelings.

Edited by AlienTwo
  • Like 2

Dee-account-with-1kbans

I'm not saying you're wrong but...

You're wrong.

Dee-account-with-1kbans

You're wrong.

Care to elaborate ?

Nike doesn't suck. My opinions are fact. His opinions are opinions. I'm always right.

Seriously. Nike probably has the best shoe build out of all their competitors. I don't know why yours seemed so fragile. Knock offs? :/

Dee-account-with-1kbans

How will we go on.

The end is nigh. Hold on to your butts

I got mine almost six months now and it still feels like I am walking on air. But I am not sure if you have those shoes in your country. I never have issues with Nike. I have a problem with Vans, they are already damaged after two months..

They're made in East Asian sweatshops with the cheapest raw materials they can possibly obtain, in fact the sole construction is designed to fail over time as is the case with many other brands of their ilk. It's not surprising that the build quality is crap really, only that people are still obsessed enough with their celebrity backers to keep buying them.

• Like 8

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

thafablifee46

You're wrong.

Care to elaborate ?

Nike doesn't suck. My opinions are fact. His opinions are opinions. I'm always right.

Seriously. Nike probably has the best shoe build out of all their competitors. I don't know why yours seemed so fragile. Knock offs? :/

nope, id hope mines werent knocks as i get them from footlocker and house of hoops etc and you can actually look up the topic in google. Just type in "are nike quality getting worst?" and you will see that its true. They must be using some cheaper quality material , thats why people prefer OGs rather than the new releases. you probably dont notice cause you're not a sneakerhead like i am

My SB's don't seem to fall apart

i mean Nike sbs are different, i have pairs of sbs. when did you buy yours? Cause i bought mines years ago but i dont know about the new ones. And they are simple shoes so i wouldnt expect them to fall apart anyways, but the 'top tier' shoes like jordans etc are the ones that are being made cheaply.

It's all about those three stripes.

stans smiths & shell toes FTW

They're made in East Asian sweatshops with the cheapest raw materials they can possibly obtain, in fact the sole construction is designed to fail over time as is the case with many other brands of their ilk. It's not surprising that the build quality is crap really, only that people are still obsessed enough with their celebrity backers to keep buying them.

i know but the thing that im saying is that they werent always this cheap. Theres a really big different between 2015 aj1s and 2001. its like they were going broke and had to water their sh*t down or something, i've noticed this for a while but i never thought it would get this serious

Stefan Janoski SB Zooms > every of kind of Nike

Nike-SB-Stefan-Janoski-Cork-565x372.png?

Dat Cork Doe.

• Like 2
7Rj3AZw.png

You're wrong.

Care to elaborate ?

nope, id hope mines werent knocks as i get them from footlocker and house of hoops etc and you can actually look up the topic in google. Just type in "are nike quality getting worst?" and you will see that its true. They must be using some cheaper quality material , thats why people prefer OGs rather than the new releases. you probably dont notice cause you're not a sneakerhead like i am

My SB's don't seem to fall apart

i mean Nike sbs are different, i have pairs of sbs. when did you buy yours? Cause i bought mines years ago but i dont know about the new ones. And they are simple shoes so i wouldnt expect them to fall apart anyways, but the 'top tier' shoes like jordans etc are the ones that are being made cheaply.

It's all about those three stripes.

stans smiths & shell toes FTW

i know but the thing that im saying is that they werent always this cheap. Theres a really big different between 2015 aj1s and 2001. its like they were going broke and had to water their sh*t down or something, i've noticed this for a while but i never thought it would get this serious

i have 2 pairs one i bought when they first started making sb's which are still in pretty good condition, then i have the sameones static posted in black and i got them in may and they are still good.

• Like 1

thafablifee46

Stefan Janoski SB Zooms > every of kind of Nike

Nike-SB-Stefan-Janoski-Cork-565x372.png?

Dat Cork Doe.

i seen those in flight club , i always liked janoskis but im on a anti nike campaign right now so id substitute those for a pair of vans old skool or sk8 his

@feckyerlife yeah i have some pre 2010 sbs, they are looking better than some of the newer nikes i got. sbs are durable man

Edited by thafablifee46

It's probably got something to do with all the laws meaning they can't treat their staff quite do much like like actual slaves. They had to cut material costs to keep profit margins.

• Like 3

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Spaghetti Cat

Yeah I'd say go over to Indonesia and punch those damn lil' kids in the gut for making such crappy shoes.

• Like 2

No Image Available

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Buy some f*ckin New Balances, them bitches will hold up for TWO years!

• Like 1

Buy some f*ckin New Balances, them bitches will hold up for TWO years!

This. Or Asics.

Well, I bought a pair of Air Jordan III (2011 release), in 2011, and I'm wearing them as I'm typing - 4 years and a half later, and they're still comfortable! They are slightly ruined inside, though.

Other Nike shoes I owned/own:

- Nike Air Force 1. Wore them for 3 years - almost indestructible! However, after 2 years they started to ruin inside.

- Air Jordan Flight 9.5. They fit very well, but I have to agree with you to some extent - wear them for almost a year now, and even though they are pretty resistant, their quality isn't exactly what I expected. They aren't that comfortable to say the least.

- Air Jordan IV "Oreo" Remastered (2015 release). Bought them 3 weeks ago, wore them only 2 times, but those are definitely the best shoes I've ever owned in my whole life. They are very comfortable, and the material is top-notch! However, the Jordan Brand decided to re-release this pair of shoes because of some complaints/disappointments of fans about previous Air Jordan IV models, especially regarding their quality, but these ones have been acclaimed.

Also had a pair of Air Max 90, that I really liked, and a pair of Air Max BWs, that I didn't really like, but it has been a lot of time now, so I don't exactly remember how they were. However, none of the aforementioned shoes smell or stink, which is something very important if you ask me.

Anyway, it just depends on the shoes... For example, I'd recommend Jordan's Retro models over the Jordan Flight ones (the Nike Flight 89 are awesome, though). Just read reviews before buying anything.

Personally, I never liked adidas that much. Had a pair of adidas that I used to skate with, and I ruined them very quickly as opposed to other Skate shoes I had...

Edited by toxluv
  • Like 2

zbhEXO6.png

I stopped buying Nike a while ago. AF1's are overpriced and the colorways are boring as sh*t.

Edited by Android

VWSTp.png

thafablifee46

Well, I bought a pair of Air Jordan III (2011 release), in 2011, and I'm wearing them as I'm typing - 4 years and a half later, and they're still comfortable!

Other Nike shoes I owned/own:

- Nike Air Force 1. Wore them for 3 years - almost indestructible!

- Air Jordan Flight 9.5. They fit very well, but I have to agree with you to some extent - wear them for almost a year now, and even though they are pretty resistant, their quality isn't exactly what I expected. They aren't that comfortable to say the least.

- Air Jordan IV "Oreo" Remastered (2015 release). Bought them 3 weeks ago, wore them only 2 times, but those are definitely the best shoes I've ever owned in my whole life. They are very comfortable, and the material is top-notch! However, the Jordan Brand decided to re-release this pair of shoes because of some complaints/disappointments of fans about previous Air Jordan IV models, especially regarding their quality, and these ones have been acclaimed.

Also had a pair of Air Max 90, that I really liked, and a pair of Air Max BWs, that I didn't really like, but it has been a lot of time now, so I don't exactly remember how they were. However, none of them smelled/stank, which is something very important if you ask me.

Anyway, it just depends on the shoes... For example, I'd recommend Jordan's Retro models over the Jordan Flight ones (the Nike Flight 89 are awesome, though). Just read reviews before buying anything.

Personally, I never liked adidas that much. Had a pair of adidas that I used to skate with, and I ruined them very quickly...

i understand what you saying bro , i have the columbias 4s that released earlier this year. The tumbled leather is good, i would say these are probably the only retro jordan exception for me. and i remember the 4s that came out with the netting (breds and cavs to be exact) that everyone were saying were cheap quality LOL my friends had those pairs, the bred quality was so bad , they almost looked fake. But the tumbled leather 4s are good. i think im talking about every sneaker i got past 2013 are bad quality, you had all yours before that but idk if its just me but NIKE are getting lazy. And my shoes dont stink or smell lol unless i play ball in them or something , then they kinda smell but i think thats natural idk. & do you wear force fields in your shoes ? thats the only way i can get my airforce 1s not to crease , and i bought them earlier this year. But i remember keeping pairs of white air forces for longer than that and they stayed fresh.

@scaglietti facts lol i like new balance but only a couple of styles tho. i remember when i went to D.C, everyone and they mom had those things

@Mr.scatch same with new balance , i like a couple of styles but i hear asics last a really long time. I seen some hot colorways tho but i forget the name of them

Anythings better than NIKE at this point lol but What you two think about Saucony?

I stopped buying Nike a while ago. AF1's are overpriced and the colorways are boring as sh*t.

yeah , they like 180 right now for simple solid colors lol

Yeah, I agree with you. This is a very big issue with Nike/Jordan shoes, in my opinion. Most of them are actually well-designed, but it just takes one color out of place to ruin the whole shoe. In fact, I only like one colorway per (Jordan) shoes, and I don't find the other ones that special, or interesting.

For example, some of the colorways I like most in Jordan shoes are...

- Air Jordan 1 "Chicago Bulls"

- Air Jordan 2 "Nightshade"

- Air Jordan III "Stealth"

- Air Jordan IV "Oreo" Remastered

- Air Jordan V (Black/Metallic Silver/Varsity Red)

- Air Jordan 6 "Infrared"

- Air Jordan 7 "Bordeaux"

- Air Jordan 10 "Venom Green"

I also like the Nike Flight 89 "Python", and the Nike Air Force 180 "Olympic", as well as the Nike Air Force 180 Mid (Black), but also the white ones are very cool.

Not a big fan of the other colorways/models... I mostly like the older models.

i understand what you saying bro , i have the columbias 4s that released earlier this year. The tumbled leather is good, i would say these are probably the only retro jordan exception for me. and i remember the 4s that came out with the netting (breds and cavs to be exact) that everyone were saying were cheap quality LOL my friends had those pairs, the bred quality was so bad , they almost looked fake. But the tumbled leather 4s are good. i think im talking about every sneaker i got past 2013 are bad quality, you had all yours before that but idk if its just me but NIKE are getting lazy. And my shoes dont stink or smell lol unless i play ball in them or something , then they kinda smell but i think thats natural idk. & do you wear force fields in your shoes ? thats the only way i can get my airforce 1s not to crease , and i bought them earlier this year. But i remember keeping pairs of white air forces for longer than that and they stayed fresh.

The Air Jordan IV "Columbia" are very nice, but I rarely buy white shoes, not my cup of tea, especially because most of my clothes are either black or red, so I don't have anything to match with them. No, I don't wear force fields, or anything like that, I just take care of them, that's all. Yeah... when I bought my Air Jordan IV "Oreo" they also had the Nike Flight 89 "Python", and were very, very cool, but the ones I chose were a no-brainer, definitely.

Edited by toxluv

zbhEXO6.png

Asics have some pretty neat looking skates. Personally I prefer Paul Smith trainers, they're a bit out there though.

paul-smith-osmo-trainers-white-p90245-20

Edited by Mr.Scratch

THIS.

omg. seriously. it's common knowledge, too. it's not like the major sneaker manufacturers are trying to hide it.

shoes are just shoes. have a couple pairs for different occasions but that's it.

any grown man who collects Nikes or whatever is a f/cking douchebag who needs to find a real hobby.

you're collecting slave-labor goods which are made to fail but sold to you at EXORBITANT prices because some jock celebrity athlete was paid to put their name on it. I hate people who collect shoes. if you're a woman I guess that's one thing but these guys who have closets full of shoes they never wear are f/cking retarded. Jordans and Air Force Ones don't make you better at sports. they just advertise to the world that you're a soulless, tasteless, corporate billboard.

Exactly, start collecting boots instead, Loakes, Doc Martens, All Saints etc.

You're talking Nike sneakers, what did you expect? Invest in some proper footwear.

• Like 3

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise