2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Best Assault Rifle?

K-Bow

I'm talking with attachments and everything. The best assault rifle in my opinion is the Special Carbine with no grip, no flashlight, no silencer, no scope, but just with extended mags. Silencer increases accuracy but takes away damage and the special is already more accurate than the advanced. This is for a TDM sitaution. What's your rifle set up? Thank you for any replies.

VanessaMagick

Advanced Rifle has the best TTK.

Special Carbine has the best range and accuracy.

The Advanced Rifle is typically better but they're both very good.

The grip is never a bad idea, it has literally no downsides, and the suppressor does not reduce damage to any meaningful extent, contrary to what the stats tell you.

I use either the Advanced Rifle or Combat MG with all attachments except the silencer. They're both very good, but the Combat MG has greater range.

I'm no fancy expert on firearms but I'm pretty sure the Combat MG is a machine-gun, not an assault rifle.

Edited by VanessaMagick
  • Like 3

I prefer either the Carbine or Special Carbine rifle. Because of their pinpoint accuracy.

They are also both pretty good for headshots.

• Like 1

Wait... I agree with the choice of Special Carbine, but without a grip, how is it better?

The bullpulp rifle is the most solid/dependable rifle in my eyes. Rof is solid, accuracy is solid, range and damage are both respectable. Its my favorite rifle for medium to long range combat even though I'm an smg kind of guy.

it may not be the most popular but i prefer the bullpup rifle...

feels more solid, i perform better with it too

The advanced rifle has been my fav rifle ever since I got it, and I've been playing since day one! However I use all the rifles for different reasons.

Assault - It just has a certain charm to me, but it doesn't excell in any category, feels like a real criminal weapon since we don't have an AK.

Carbine - Very good acuracy, also has a certain charm to it, maybe for its extensive use in SP.

Advanced - I feel this is the best all-around rifle, even if the Special has better accuracy I feel no difference in that category and the greater range is excelent. This is my favorite rifle and I think this is the best one for my playstyle.

Special - I use it alot, specially since heists' release, the real life counterpart is a weapon I really like and it's stats are so close to the advanced rifle that it is en excelent weapon as well.

Bullpup - It's ROF is amazing, and the difference in accuracy doesn't really feel like a problem at close range, it looks awesome too, reminds me of the AR-15 on the top part and the sights, so in FP I even pretend it is one, with an extended mag this is amazing, also with a grip.

Wait... I agree with the choice of Special Carbine, but without a grip, how is it better?

There's no meaning behind the whole no grip thing, just don't have it on for some reason. I heard there's some downside of the flashlight so I went ahead and took it off.

XxSoLiDSnAkEOxX

I use a Carbine at longer ranges and on people without bulletproof helmets for headshots. At closer ranges I use the advanced for its damage and fire rate and on people with bulletproof helmets.

If I needed range and accuracy I would use a sniper rifle or an even heavier weapon. Bullpup or advanced rifle are the way to go around corners.

Although the tacticool nature of bullpups kind of kill the immersion. I use a heavy pistol when I can.

Edited by ngazi

When it comes to PvP I use my carbine with no silencer in freeroam. In Deathmatches I'll use my silenced Advanced rifle. The advanced does get used in freeroam on occasion as well.

The Assault Rifle is my favorite looking rifle and I'll use this on NPC's in freeroam, missions etc

Bullpup I'll use sometimes in missions if there's a boatload of NPC's in one area. This gun just massacres big crowds.

Special Carbine I stopped using cause i just don't do well with it. It feels slow, and I hate how big and clunky it is. Everyone else seems to love this gun.

KornbreadMaf1a

I prefer the carbine rifle because it's the closet gun to the ar-15 I keep in my closet. If the AK-47 wasn't such a piece of sh*t in the game I would use that.

I prefer the carbine rifle because it's the closet gun to the ar-15 I keep in my closet.

Felons aren't supposed to possess guns.

You will be back in jail soon, taking it up the pooper.

KornbreadMaf1a

I prefer the carbine rifle because it's the closet gun to the ar-15 I keep in my closet.

Not suppose to do a lot of sh*t I do.

Sorry to burst your bubble but unlike you I'm not a bitch even locked up. I'm sure if you are ever behind a fence you would be the tiers bitch and would like it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but unlike you I'm not a bitch even locked up. I'm sure if you are ever behind a fence you would be the tiers bitch and would like it.

Maybe that is why you keep breaking the law. You just cant wait to get locked up again so you can go back to getting cornholed on a daily basis.

LMFAO

KornbreadMaf1a

Oh, Americans and their guns...

f*ck yeah. You've never lived until you've emptied a 75 round drum from an AK-47

There's no real answer to this. Just select the one you like look and sound of the most and on killing with it.

KornbreadMaf1a

Maybe that is why you keep breaking the law. You just cant wait to get locked up again so you can go back to getting cornholed on a daily basis.

LMFAO

Why are you so obsessed with dudes taking it in the butt? Is that a fantasy of yours or something? Do you got a secret you would like to get off your chest?
  • Like 1

Special or advanced - I've never been able to decide between the 2 as sometimes one seems more effective, and then other times the other one does. No silencer or torch, but everything else.

Special (ed) Carbine or Advanced (pos) Rifle are the go to assault rifles :)

the rest are for mere novelty (at least for me)

Special Carbine, with all attachments and platinum finish, great all around weapon that has been in my inventory since I started playing the game.

...Does anybody gives a sh*t about the Combat PDW?

Special Carbine, with all attachments and platinum finish, great all around weapon that has been in my inventory since I started playing the game.

...Does anybody gives a sh*t about the Combat PDW?

Its the Best SMG but all SMGs are quite overlooked (except the micro uzi for obvious reasons)

aaronBLUEeyes

There's been ballistics tests done, it partially comes down to personal preference on feel, sound, site picture, etc.

Performance wise the overall best carbine is the M4 Carbine. For it has the best damage (without suppressor), reload, time, fastest bleed-out kill, and good accuracy/recoil, ROF is less than others but overall it's the best.

Assult Rifle does less damage than the others, has a low ROF, slower reload speed, decent recoil, good accuracy but the best effective range of all the carbines.

Advanced Rifle has good damage, solid recoil and accuracy, med reload speed, great ROF and is prob one if the better options. But the BullPup Rifle has better ROF.

Special Carbine does less damage, has a slower bleed-out kill rate, is the slowest to reload, but has the best accuracy and recoil.

BullPup Rifle does more damage than Special Carbine but less than the Carbine. With the exception of when a suppressor is equipped it actually does more damage than the Carbine. It has the highest ROF but suffers greatly on accuracy and recoil.

Personally, I only use Carbine and Advanced Rifle. I have everything except suppressor on my Carbine for high damage loud firefights. And for Advanced Rifle I have everything equipped except scope because I prefer the iron sites on this weapon. And use this in more stealthy situations. It can only be trumped by BullPup Rifle on ROF but has way better accuracy and handling.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1