2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CrysisAverted

Time Trial #8 "Up Chiliad"

KeepItOldSchool

After struggling for more than a hour with a hakuchou without succeeding i tried it with my osiris and did it after 5-6 attempts.

5EJFWab.jpgbiembXz.jpg2hl37Js.jpg

Edited by KeepItOldSchool

Arms Dealer

TT8: T20

-0:00.052

My secret is I never give up, ever. I have already tried this one over 100x.

And fully upgraded T20, Brawler, Dominator, and Z Type.

Feel free to post some vids of you beating the Par Time with said vehicles.

I meant for all the time trials so far. I have used those classes to beat the prior TT's.

This one is only going to be possible in a Super. The Brawler doesnt have the power to get up the hill fast enough.

This was seriously difficult. I'm thrilled I made it, but I don't think I'd ever attempt something like this again if I can avoid it. Mach1 you're a madman! :panic:

Edited by Arms Dealer

Groper17nz

Top job !!! have a cookie :cookie:

Mach1bud

Awesome job man. Internet went down yesterday so I couldnt try. Good to know I have been taking the right route lol.

aaronBLUEeyes

f*ck these Time Trials, I've beaten 2, 4, 5, & 6.

But honestly I'm sick of waisting time and energy on them.

Rockstar needs to make them more enjoyable and less difficult.

It's not fun doing them, it's frustrating takes multiple days and attempts to earn a sh*tty 50k.

The effort isn't worth the reward at all.

Edited by aaronBLUEeyes

Cameron Star

It took me over three hours to do this one the other day. The reward is the fact you have beaten it, though I guess it would be nice to get something for completing all of them.

Khaisz

I kinda hope there is some reward at the end aswell for beating all challenges, Maybe like a t-shirt i will never wear saying I beat all time trails or just has that purple time trial clock on it.

or maybe some extra cash like double the amount you get for beating all of them so ~51k*20*2=~2.04million.(it was 20 challenges right? I said 30 once earlier but was corrected it was 20 I think.)

Edited by Khaisz

aaronBLUEeyes

I have a crew of nearly 200 people. I know a good chunk of them and I'm the only person that has passed any of these time trials.

The ratio of success amongst the community is very low, everyone just gets pissed off.

Very few succeed, and even if a player does they prob dumped at several hours or longer irl to do so and only earn 50k.

Players can earn much more than that doing almost every other activity in the game.

There's no prestige or achievements for completing them. You don't unlock anything.

The payouts should be $500k not $50k then at least the time and effort put in would be worth it in addition to bragging rights.

Mach1bud

I have a crew of nearly 200 people. I know a good chunk of them and I'm the only person that has passed any of these time trials.

The ratio of success amongst the community is very low, everyone just gets pissed off.

Very few succeed, and even if a player does they prob dumped at several hours or longer irl to do so and only earn 50k.

Players can earn much more than that doing almost every other activity in the game.

There's no prestige or achievements for completing them. You don't unlock anything.

The payouts should be $500k not $50k then at least the time and effort put in would be worth it in addition to bragging rights.

If you are doing this for the cash you are missing the point of them man. It isnt for bragging rights either.

It is just for the satisfaction of knowing that you beat it. Thats it. The only reason to do these. Not everything is about "winning" some sort of prize.

I know it is hard to understand, but I didn't get anything for 100%'ing San Andreas 6 times in a row with no deaths and no times busted. I did it for me. Just to see if I could do it. That is why I do the trials. That is why I have already attempted this one 250 times. Glory is truly only obtained within yourself.

If anything I wish they were harder.

Khaisz

If you are doing this for the cash you are missing the point of them man. It isnt for bragging rights either.

It is just for the satisfaction of knowing that you beat it. Thats it. The only reason to do these. Not everything is about "winning" some sort of prize.

I know it is hard to understand, but I didn't get anything for 100%'ing San Andreas 6 times in a row with no deaths and no times busted. I did it for me. Just to see if I could do it. That is why I do the trials. That is why I have already attempted this one 250 times. Glory is truly only obtained within yourself.

If anything I wish they were harder.

I do time trials so I can say "F*ck you R*, I'm better then your time trails."

Then I go on here and complain over Oleg crushing everyone here by being a wizard, and I love him for doing it. Gives me more edge to try beat him and improve my own time to be as close to his time as possible.

Mach1bud

Yup.

Arms Dealer

Time Trial Ruminations:

I've beaten every Time Trial so far, and I intend to beat them all.

I don't have any particular attachment to beating all of them with the same vehicle, or with as many vehicles as possible, or with the slowest possible vehicle, etc.

I really like that they are challenging; it reminds me of Burnout 3's Burning Laps.

Speaking of Burning Laps, their reward was unlocking cars. It would be cool to have a unique reward for each Time Trial, or for completing all of them, or for setting a World Record, or for completing them all with the same vehicle, but I'm perfectly happy if there's no secret rewards to be found. (Though a unique car, livery, outfit, or modification would be sweet!)

I really like the open-ended setup of the Time Trials. It adds an element of thought to the requisite driving skill. Way back in the mission grinding days, I made a Rooftop Rumble Race that started in the parking garage and had just one checkpoint at the finish up by Madrazo's. It was a good way to settle which route was fastest to grind the mission quickest. The Time Trials let you blaze your own path, get a feel for how your cars handle and what they're capable of, and really let's you explore parts of the map in detail that you may not have otherwise.

I also really like that they only last a week. It adds variety and I have something to look forward to in GTA every week. They've had a good variety in terms of location and difficulty, and I like that they're a surprise every week.

That is all. Have fun racing!

Khaisz

Speaking of Burning Laps, their reward was unlocking cars. It would be cool to have a unique reward for each Time Trial, or for completing all of them, or for setting a World Record, or for completing them all with the same vehicle, but I'm perfectly happy if there's no secret rewards to be found. (Though a unique car, livery, outfit, or modification would be sweet!)

Time Trial

Record the fastest time possible, with a new course to master every week that awards you GTA$ and RP for beating our target time or your own personal best - and a championship worthy haul if you can take down the World Record.

Sadly we all know that the World Record either is:

1: Not existing because R* forgot to tell ous how it works or tell ous if anyone even beaten it.

2: Existing but R* isn't saying anything yet until it rolls over to the same track again somewhere in february.

And added bonus regardless: has a time of 00:00.01ish depending on how fast a hacker can press teleport button and how much lag he has.

King Rossey

what's the reward for these?

Khaisz

51k.

I think one had 50k and one 52k, but most was 51k.

Then you get 1k for everytime you beat the record and 2k for beating your PB.

Nutduster

Like others, I mainly do these for the satisfaction of doing them. They are hard and that is the reward: doing something that is hard. The 50K is nice but on at least half these trials I could have made the same money in less time doing missions or heists. Still, I like the difficulty; I wouldn't want them any easier (or any harder for that matter - several of these were soul-crushingly difficult for me).

Mach1bud

1:09.099

T20

Video coming tomorrow.

Not a lot of people did this one in a car this time lol

Edited by Mach1bud

oleg_aka_djmeg

T20

Video coming tomorrow.

what i want to see is not the route but rather how did you manage to climb the rocks at the very finish.

Mach1bud

T20

Video coming tomorrow.

what i want to see is not the route but rather how did you manage to climb the rocks at the very finish.

Just went up the stairs kinda. Going really slow was the way I was able to do it. Would have a 1:07 if it werent for the very end.

Arms Dealer

T20

Video coming tomorrow.

Just went up the stairs kinda. Going really slow was the way I was able to do it. Would have a 1:07 if it werent for the very end.

Yep. I also went up the stairs (see video above). Seems like KeepItOldSchool did the same.

oleg_aka_djmeg

ok, will try today.

here's what i got with a bike so far

b8hw7II.png

Khaisz

Well I have started doing the Time Trial again.

So far I got 2 new times.

1:05.0** in sun 1:03.21* 1:01.998

and 1:06.7** in rain.

Rain makes it really hard to drive, but atleast it gives decent practice so next time the rain stops I might do even better then 1:05

Edited by Khaisz

lol232

51k.

I think one had 50k and one 52k, but most was 51k.

Then you get 1k for everytime you beat the record and 2k for beating your PB.

The rewards work this way:

For just completing the time trail (doesn't matter if you beat the time trail or not) you will get a base reward:

$1,000 if the limit is less than 2 minutes.

$2,000 if the time limit is more than 2 minutes and less than 3.

$3,000 if the time limit is more than 3 minutes and less than 4.

$4,000 if the time limit is more than 4 minutes and less than 5.

$5,000 if the time limit is exactly 5 minutes.

And then of course, there is a $50,000 bonus for beating the time trail (getting time below par) the first time. Every other time you beat it after that, you will just get the base reward.

f*ck these Time Trials, I've beaten 2, 4, 5, & 6.

But honestly I'm sick of waisting time and energy on them.

Rockstar needs to make them more enjoyable and less difficult.

It's not fun doing them, it's frustrating takes multiple days and attempts to earn a sh*tty 50k.

The effort isn't worth the reward at all.

If you are doing these for cash, you're doing it wrong. Edited by lol232

7nvd

I gave up on this trial a few days ago, but since I beat all of them this far I went for it again. Finally got it with 0.00.046 seconds to spare, using mottershead route on previous page, including that little jump at the end lol.

Cameron Star

Oh, also did it with night vision on. I got my TV really dark because I like the night time to look real.

https://twitter.com/Mach1bud/status/662119273763065856?s=09

F*** you. Can't believe you've beaten every one with a car.

Lol I dont even own a bike.

Well you should

7nvd

This tread is a whole lot less popular then the canal time trial one. Wonder why.... ;)

(makes me even more happy to complete it)